CTH8R

There certainly are a lot of complaints about automotive repairs at Crappy Tire stores.

This thread can be a place to collect the many stores of unnecessary repairs and over-charging. As well there are stories of incompetence, and also incorrect and incomplete repairs.

For stories about tire work and repairs, there are so many stories that they can still go on this older thread:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...stallation-service-warranties-online-etc.html

These should serve as warnings to anyone who is considering leaving their vehicle in the hands of the Crappy People!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Let's get things started, with a new story from Crappy Tire's own Facebook page .... grabbed before they could delete it during "maintenance" of their page!

Mario Di Claudio canadian tire is by far the worst place to go to get your car repaired they are a bunch of rip off's worst than any other regular garage they work on commision &they try to change parts that are not neccassery

CTH8R

Oh-oh! Another even newer tale:

Doug Pettit: Just stay away from the garage repairs. Especially the Barrhaven Store. They put a complete brake job on one of my pickups when my wife and I were in Europe and my daughter went in for an oil change. Thing is I had a brake job done on that truck 4,500 km or 3 months before. They refused to give her the parts charged $1,300 for a not needed repair. Total con Artists at that store. Beware. Owner backed his staff, Canadian tire backed owner, I took them to small claims court and won,

Last edited:

CTH8R

On CT's FB page:

Nektario Kalaitzakis This store is only good for small items, and tools on special. Period..And the garage service.. I wouldn't even use the air for my tires from that place.. This is like a school for bad mechanics.. A friend of mine was doing oil changes here and they kept over filling teh oil on his Subaru..they killed the motor..He had to pay half to get it replaced..They didn't even take responsibilty..and this is just OIL CHANGES.

CTH8R

Sean MacCallum A CANADIAN TIRE AUTOMOTIVE SHOP HAS BEEN LYING TO ME FOR THREE DAYS ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO GET A PART FROM MY CAR'S DEALERSHIP. I will be telling everyone I meet to NEVER take a vehicle for service at one of your stores...WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. lying and making excuses does not qualify as good service. IAM CONSIDERING TAKING THIS ISSUE TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. worst customer experience I have ever had. HANDS DOWN.

CTH8R

Sarah Wheaton You suck and I'm very disappointed that you will not return my comments on your customer service email... I was once a faithful customer but ... No more!

Sarah Wheaton Also, don't bother writing to that email guys, you won't get a response. Seriously. Just a waste of your time. If I ever treated one of them the way a couple of their auto service employees treated me.. at my work... I would not have a job!!!!

Sarah Wheaton I can't find an option as to how to pm you, But the email was sent from your website... On dec 8 2012. I do not expect to have to explain the details here on a public message board.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Mike Hangasluoma your auto service department wasn't very nice to leave a 71 year old senior in the wet rain and snow with a dead battery, AFTER recently spending hundreds of dollars on tires there. thankfully, the GROCERY store across the parking lot was of better assistance.

CTH8R

Fb:

Bong Romanillos Moreno Hey canadian tire clean up your act especially this christmas season,,your automobile repair shops are still gouging your customers about sheedy repairs that is not even neccessary,,,,i hope that this department will start to be honest to there customers and not act like scrooge

CTH8R

Angie Eninew your not the canadian tire l knew 10 yrs. ago your shop has made me turn against you for all the wreck you did on my sons car and made me waste money l could have used!

CTH8R

G.E. Nome While we're dissing Canadian Tire, I gotta say, I hate the scam artists in the auto service dept. who put used front end suspension parts on my car, that were worse than the strut assemblies I had, then called me a liar (to cover their own ass) when I told them it was against the law to replace parts with used parts, without the customer's knowledge and consent. I'll never have my car serviced there again.

CTH8R

Heike Carter I agree. We had the worst mechanics and manager in Deep River ON Can. Tire a few years back. They tried to take tires off my husbands Jeep but had no success so they used the torch and ruined half of the bolts and than when my husband said something the manager started yelling at him and told him to get lost.

CTH8R

Sarah Anderson Very ised pissed off and NEVER returning to any of your stores!! The mechanics at the store fixed crap that was NOT needing to be fixed, put a hole thru my oil pan the size of a pencil, I had all my leaks fixed previously and it was your staff who destroyed my pil pan. I have 0$ to fox, replace it since then. They also told me I needed a new timing belt and water pump. JUST DID about a yr ago did not need to be done!!!!! Shame on you canadaian tire!! You don't have my thumbs up. Ashamed that your name involved Canada in it!!! Sucks to be canadian if your store is the "pride" of it!

CTH8R

Daniel Joyce Yes and the Canadian Tire Camrose auto shop is the biggest rip off, going, as my friend took his Car in for headlight problem. got charged almost $400.00 and all they fixed was a tail light bulb. Spoke to the store manager, and got lied to, no cusomer service at all, all about the money, very poor for Canadian tire's in Canada.

CTH8R

Andrew Horton ...to never use Canadian Tire Automotive Services again! Untrustworthy, lots of bullshit, not to mention a broken glove box because they were too rough rooting around in there for something back in the summer. I took back my Toyota to the dealer where they fixed the glove box free of charge... Canadian Tire had no answer as to why my glove box would not close and didn't even offer to fix it.. ?? , even though it was fine before it went in there! Not to mention recently taking advantage of people and charging for work that doesn't need to be done, or charging you for telling you what is wrong, even though you brought it in there and told them the exact same thing the day before.... why??? Why charge me to tell me what I already know? I love the STORE, but the Auto Service section is suspect and feels like a massive swindle!

CTH8R

Craig Murray I wouldnt reccomend any auto service at the Charlottetown PEI location , they have a tendancy to do un authorized repair work and then expect the customer to just swallow the bill and pay for it . I have just had a very, very , bad experience with my daughters car there , no call asking if we wanted the repair work done, no authorization either verbal or written . Terrible , terrible customer service. Normally, I have a very specific mechanic do my work there. The counter lady assigned it to another mechanic even though we had specifically asked for the mechanic we always use. I was very surprised that my normal mechanic wasnt used or even aware of the issue , the counter agent that took my daughters keys, she was extremely rude to my wife and daughter , and just said we will get it in , even after we had already called and made an appointment. To make matters even better the car inspection was put in my son's name not the registered name on the registration. When I asked the manager on duty what happened he was like " I am at a loss for words" Great job CANADIAN TIRE Charlottetown. I wonder who else you have "surprised " with an unapproved repair bill . NO phone call No nothing Bravo! Bravo! Lets see what the consumer relation dept will do for me ? Social media gotta love it

CTH8R

Another Canadian New Year's Resolution:

Gary Morris One of mine is never to go to Canadian Tire for anything to do with auto servicing. This is after my experiences at the Richmond Hill-Silver Linden Drive location.