CTH8R

Canadian Tire posted yet another ad. for bicycles on their Facebook page. But I guess they didn't pay Facebook to spam it onto people's Newsfeeds, because there isn't the usual flood of complaints and horror stories.

And yet, some of our fellow Canadians took the time to warn others (but on other threads, as it turns out):

Ford G.: Bought a bike in chilliwack store was told we could not try it out too many people in store.brought bike home wife wemt to drive it and her being so short she could not drive bike.took it back next day for another one was told company policy we cannot bring bike back.still sitting in my backyard.went to walmart bought another that works.cost me two hundred.how much did it cost cdn tire.i will never grace the store with my presence again.thats my policy.

CTH8R

A response to a CT Facebook spam, with a photo of children wearing bicycle helmets:

Kevin D.: Helmets are not on correctly, go to canadian tire if you want your kids to die

CTH8R

Another person who might have clickrpedthe Unlike button, recently:

Tony F.: not loving the new bike I have to keep "tuning up" every time I use it. Still working out the kinks and I wonder if any care was used putting it together. I passed on another bike at the time because I couldn't even rotate the back tire. Regretting the purchase and will not risk another one for this type of item.

CT Challenger

You can tell what season it is, by the crappy junk people are buying at CT - and then having to try returning.

Last edited:

CTH8R

She doesn't know it, but Catherine actually dodged a bullet, there. Congratulations, Crappy Tire, for helping this lady get a better bicycle elsewhere, that would be better assembled, and returnable!

Catherine W.: I had a rubbish experience today trying to buy a mountain bike, so bad I decided to leave the store and shop elsewhere

CTH8R

Dads show us how to fixthings...

Michael R.: kind of like you wont exchange the broken bike you sold me lol canadian tire fails yet again! sad excuse for a Canadian company

Michael R.: contacted customer service but yet still no response

Dean D.: And my chainsaw

CTH8R

Michael R.: ya can you give me $5,000 for the horrible customer service at all of your stores and for selling me a broken bike and then you wont take it back because ohhhh ya "it's assembled" of course it is you guys put it together!!! oh ya and wrong the brakes are on backwards and front disc was digging into the forks but hey not your problem right.................................it's assembled so you can't return it sorry

CANADIAN TIRE THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER SEEN! NEVER AGAIN !

CTH8R

Matt W.: I will definatly never buy another bike there. As someone else stated assembly is careless and just plain lazy. And if you return it they cant refund it as its assembled

CTH8R

Scott C.: i wonder i think there taking the bike back to the store because its broken so you might as well go to a bike shop you might pay more but at least you not have to take it back and be with out a bike for a week waste gas etc

CTH8R

CT posted a picture of people packing bicycles for a trip away:

Scott C.: i wonder i think there taking the bike back to the store because its broken so you might as well go to a bike shop you might pay more but at least you not have to take it back and be with out a bike for a week waste gas etc

CTH8R

Canadian Tire asked, "What's your summer project?"

Steve S.: My next project is trying to return a broken children's bike to Canadian Tire. Now that is a difficult project!

jchauhan

Exactly guys. I got my bike and then had it repaired cause the chain broke. I got it back and realized the pedal was loose and wasn't staying tight. One of their lousy workmen probably messed my bike up. I returned it 4 times for repair and it came
Back with the same loose pedal. I'm calling head office tomorrow I don't have time to run to Canadian tire for their mistake. 4 TIMES! They refuse to exchange it or anything .

CTH8R

Summer Project?

Jerry M.: Fixing the bike that was already broken when we bought it at Canadian Tire but for which they refuse to accept exchange. Also stopping my 4-year old from crying because her piece of junk bike doesn't work.

CTH8R

Cynthia D.: I got my bike at Canadian Tire and they had to put it together well I wish I had a picture of me riding by and the handlebars came off in my hand.

CTH8R

More from Ern:

Ern E.G.: I was screwed over last year for $1000 worth of bikes from your "glorious" CT. I still spend more than the 3 of you commenting on tools and auto parts but will NEVER ever buy anything put together by their in house team. My comment was more of an angry warning to others about buying stuff put together by them. Here's an example for you Marlene, they put the front disk brake on my mountain bike, (on forks that were very noticeably bent), and used a washer cut in half as a shim. I would have noticed this if they had air in the tires for me to test ride. That means if I was a novice rider, and rode my bike the way it was without checking it over when I got home, I could have been seriously hurt. Not to mention the fact that the pads are screwed because of it. Their answer? Bring it back and we will have our tech look at it. Are you kidding me? What if this was a childs bike? Or your childs bike? See where my angst comes from?

CTH8R

Oh-oh! Right there on Crappy Tire's "fan" page. But, since there's no place for general comments, Jenna had to post it to a home decorating thread:

Jenna P.: BEYOND pissed with Canagian Tire right now too!! My husband bought me a bike there a few weeks ago for my bday and we got it home and the gears dont work we called they told us to take it to a repair store 20 mins from us with receipt which we did then they said no we needed a po from the store so we drove another 10 mins to get that then 10 mins back then we had to leave it for a few days then drive back to get it they siad it was fixed get it home to ride it and nothing was fixed still broke my husband called the store they said we can not even exchange it once its out the door BUT IT DOESNT WORK a brand new bike its not like you can test out the gears in store so they told us to take it back to the repair place again waste more time and gas we did left it went back got it home ITS STILL broke!!! this is ridiculous we bought the bike and have wasted our time and money and the brand new bike doesnt even work and not only will the store do nothing the manager wont return our calls last time I ever buy anything there!!

CTH8R

And he looks so happy in his Facebook profile picture. Must have been taken before he paid for the Crappy Bicycle:

Mark S.: CT just off Mayor McGrath in Lethbridge has made it possible for myself and my son to shop elsewhere. We bought a bike almost 2 weeks ago. Front rim was bent, they said Monday or Thursday it will be fixed. They since decided that since it was the only one of this model that they didn't need to fix it, or call us to say they didn't care.. So my son said fine, keep it... oh yeah, they cant refund MY card, even with all the info they have.. I guess I will have to drive 5 hours return trip to flash my damn card at a clerk... I called and asked for the GM, and he was (believe it or not) busy and I left my contact info... 4 days later he must still be busy... Wrote to CT head office... that was 4 days ago... they don't care either it would appear.. Hope you have better experiences.