CTH8R

Shorter:

Azfar A.K.: Similar experience as John! My sons bike has been with Canadian Tire for the last 10 days under their warranty! After not hearing anything, I end up going there, only to be told it's not ready and parts have been ordered and they still can't tell me when it'll be ready! Unbelievably poor customer service! They sell bikes with warranty and can't fix a little kids bike in 10 days?!?

CTH8R

Ernie M.: Hey Mike Magee don't waste your breath with these people. Canadian Tire is a joke. When you spend hundreds on something you expect it to be put together properly or at the very least not used. For me the assembler at CT found the front shocks were twisted really bad and made the caliper grind against the disc. So he cut a washer in half and shimmed it! I have been fighting them since 2012. Their answer was to bring my bike back to the same guy and give him another shot at it!

https://www.facebook.com/CanadianTireDontCare

CTH8R

Ah, Springtime in Canada! The season when Canadians learn that assembled bicycled are non-returnable at Crappy Tire:

Hamid K.: I bought bike ,It had a problem went back to store thinking they will take Care of it and at the same time I will buy the kayak they had on sale.
Worst and ugly experience I had to stand there and argue for half an hour to prove my point and they denying bike need to be fixed .Also be aware ones you buy a bike you can not return it. Both sales person and one of the manager told me.

CTH8R

Zach C.: I have nothing but a sour faste in my mouth from Canadian Tire I purchased a bicycle 2 weeks ago and now the crank and crank arms are toast, a defective bicycle, and I was told "the bike guy might be in on thursday" and that he may or may not have the parts. My bike is my only mode of transportation, effectively leaving me without a way to get to work in a timely manner. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not getting a refund from them even if the associate I had dealt with told me I could, and that I was not getting an exchange. I found the manager to have a poor attitude. If I spend $160 on a bicycle, I expect it to last longer than two weeks. I will not be shopping at your store as long as I can avoid it and will recommend my friends and family avoid you as well. I also made a post about this earlier but you seem to have deleted it. It was the store in Georgetown, Ontario. Do not buy your bikes here or at any other Canadian Tire. Walmart Canada has a much better return policy and will make sure the customer is satisfied, however Canadian Tire doesn't. It seems you don't care and just delete posts of unsatisfied customers. Customer service #givemeabreak #customersfirst #canadiantire #thisissilly #doyoucareaboutcustomers #imnotthefirst #georgetownonatrio #dontdeletemypost #bebetter

CTH8R

Brenna R.: My husband and I purchased bikes last year at your Cambie Street location in Vancouver, BC. Within the past hour, he -- along with my 3 and 5-year old girls, brought his bike in to ask about problems with one of the tires. They waited, waited and waited at the sports department and no staff showed. They asked a cashier for help. She called the manager Gary twice and he rudely told her that the customer would "just have to keep waiting" upon her 2nd call for help to him. What has happened to the level of service that used to be provided at your stores when we were growing up and shopping there with our parents?

Brenna R.: I did send an email about an hour ago. Having viewed some of the other comments on your page, however, I am a bit concerned as to whether or not my husband or I will receive a reply.

CTH8R

Already? Still plenty of snow on the ground in this part of Ontario:

Stephanie W.: wow really no thanks Canadian Tire is one of the worst stores ever. Bad customer service and when I sent in complaints about it...what did I get? Nothing in return, no email nada. Even to the point of one of your staff putting my sons life in danger when they "fixed" his bike but when he rode it down the street in mid day traffic the handle bars came off...please. I will take my business else where. Oh and btw my first post would post due to the restrictions on this page...that is too funny...apparently they don't want to hear the truth about their independently owned stores....

CTH8R

Stephanie W.: no thanks been there done that on more than one occasion and got no response I am not wasting another minute trying to get a decent experience from this company. Did you not read where I had done that already and the response I got which was absolutely nothing.???????? This looks like an automated response to me anyway as it is the same in each complaint on this thread..typical....*LOL*

CTH8R

Maybe people actually ARE thinking about spring?

Dave N.N.Y.: I also had that kina thing happen to me. For my 16th b day when Canadian tire was over on Herald Avenue in corner brook my parents bought me a new bike. As I was riding home everything seemed fine. When I git home I went into my house and later went out again on my bike and the brakes locked up and I flew over the handle bars and the bike came with me. I was not impressed.

CTH8R

Ah, spring is in the air! Heralded by warm winds, buds on the trees .... and horror-stories about crappy CT bicycles!

Jason G.: I bought a super cycle bike 2 yrs ago. It has 29" wheels. I bent a wheel. I went to my canadian tire store and asked about buying a replacement wheel. I was told I cannot buy a new wheel. I wish I never bought the bike from canadian tire.

CTH8R

Paul A.: Canadian Tire Chilliwack store on Vedder Rd. Does not stand behind the bicycles they sell and the company they have to build and repair their bikes under Warranty, have know idea how to do even the simplest things like adjust gear cables. Very Unsatisfied customer

CTH8R

Jason G.: I sent an email yesterday. I immediately received an automated email telling me someone would respond shortly. I still haven't received a response.

CTH8R

Rae O.: They told us to contact the store we sent Dauphin Canadian Tire a letter and they did not even reply what a waste of time

Claude R.: Hahahahaha

CTH8R

Paul A.: Canadian Tire Chilliwack store on Vedder Rd. Does not stand behind the bicycles they sell and the company they have to build and repair their bikes under Warranty, have know idea how to do even the simplest things like adjust gear cables. Very Unsatisfied customer

CTH8R

God help us -crappy is trying to get people to buy their crappy bikes!

Krishna L.: Your bikes suck. Picked up my son's bike yesterday and he took it out for a ride. The gears don't work. The stand is loose. Customer service can't help to excgange because of a stupid policy. End of shopping at Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

Luckily, Crappy isn't exactly making it easy, LOL!

Kate R.: My 2 children were expecting a bike for Easter, but after a week still waiting for them to be built even though they were in stock! Sad children thanks Canadian Tire x

CTH8R

CTH8R

Dustin B.: I made the mistake of buying a bike at Canadian Tire. What a mistake, the thing was falling apart everyday more and more. The pedals literally broke right off, tires would not stay inflated, seat was awful and was a miserable bike to ride. I just bought a new bike at a local bike shop, dont make the same mistake as me. Can Tire sells garbage bikes.

CTH8R

Yet another customer/victim:

Anthi S.: I bought a bike for my daughters 9th birthday 2 days ago... I was not advised by the store in the West Island on Scources boulevard, that I cannot return the bike. None the less my daughters grandparents also bought her a bike and my daughter likes that bike more. I went to Canadian tire 2 days after I bought the bike and the evening manager dismissed me rudely and told me he isn't refunding me. I find this is extremely unreasonable. I bought the bike 2 days ago, it's not used. I'm very upset!! What kind of customer service is this??

CTH8R

Toulla M.: Dear canadian tire,
a friend of mine, purchased a bike from your store for 299.00 dollars...paid in full ...said he would be back to pick it up!!!!
the bike was sold and although he was refunded his money, i think this is very poor service.
he had cancer and wants to stay in remission and purchased this bike to maintain a healthy lifestyle!
I would like to repurchase the bike- at the same sale price and have the bike delivered to him
please help
thank you!!!!