CTH8R

#226:

Michael G.: This person spends half their day posting the customer service email address that never replies to customers. Canadian Tire staff went to great lengths to make sure i'm never spending another dime there. Can we post some corporate shareholders addresses, maybe these concerns would then be taken seriously. And how can i stop these canadian tire adds from spamming my FB account

CTH8R

#227:

Gwendolyn H.: I don't shop CT anymore after a casher in Lindsay , ON raised her voice to me and rolled her eye's because she didn't want to return a pressure washer I bought in the winter because it was past the so many days they would take it back. (I bought in the winter for a Christmas gift, who uses a pressure washer in the winter?) I also run a group on here with over 5,700 people in our area and will not refer any of them to CT (Kawartha Buy and Sell and Free Stuff)

CTH8R

Busy night ... #228:

Brian D.: Worst service at the Kelsey Dr location in St John's Nfld. After 2 buying sale tires that the service dept put on in May 2013. Upon returning for my car they recommend I get 2 more for the other worn tires. Thinking about it I returned to make the purchase the next week. When I picked up my vehicle the service guy took me to a quieter location to inform me a bolt was stripped on a tire and that it just fell out when removed. He informed me that what ever mechanic was at it last did a terrible job. I then produced a receipt to show their mechanic was the terrible one he spoke of. Denying responsibility he informed me they would order a part and call me... They didn't order the part and never called me as was evidenced by my 6 weeks of calls to the service dept. at each phone call I was told by different people and sometimes the same person that there is no order for that part on record. Even moving to a higher power like the part Manger was fruitless as he never return my calls either...... The word Service is obviously lost on your organization and my confidence that the person in your Marketing Dept who will respond to my post with " Customer service is very important to us, please contact our customer service dept" does even get it. After 50 years as a customer I am done

CTH8R

#229:

Sandi S.R.: If you contact CS, don't expect a reply. No one ever replied to my email when I told them about my experience. Staff avoid you like the plague and you literally need to trip one to get any attention. If you do happen to snag one, you are treated like you are intruding on whatever they're doing. I'm taking my money to Home Depot. They bend over backwards to help.

Nuke

Yep, even with the store in my building, I simply can't go through the psychological warfare each time I try to find an item or purchase one.

CTH8R

#230:

Michael G.: Canadian Tire = Inferior product, inferior customer service.
Home Depot/Costco for life.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#231:

Michael C.: I Hate Canadian Tire,,Terrible Service in Québec Especially in Cowansville Québec..Will never spend an other Penny there..I have always been a Loyal custumer..but when they Hire Incompatant People..they have Ruined my whole Experiance..So Disappointed in the Suits who make Management with poor Quality Skills ..sending loyal Customers out there Door..!!!

Last edited:

CTH8R

#232:

Marlene Hall Used to love ct. Until I experienced really bad, rude, service. Not all the service people have bad attitudes but some seem to feel its above them to serve you if your looking for something - most of the time your on your own. So, I quit going - go else where - where the customer is the priority.

CTH8R

#233:

Mike D.: i used to always shop at canadian tire until they didnt stand behind there warranty on a 300 dollar battery booster that started screwing up right on the day i was going camping the last long weekend i had nothing but grief from them buyer beware of anything you buy from canadian tire

CTH8R

#235:

Roger P.: I tell everybody to never ever shop there cause their way over priced and as a plumber they have nothing for parts and personell that works there don't know one thing about plumbing parts so why send someone to help me when they don't even know what I'm talking about?! Canadian tire your nothing but crooks and thieves, and you don't even care about customer service or your customers! I'm telling everybody about your garbage service and ridiculous prices and what you over charged me for my fuel pump. I will never ever think of going there again

Last edited:

CTH8R

#236:

Robynne S: Shame on you Canadian Tire. You have policies in place that go against everything "Customer Service" is supposed to be. I was in your Nanaimo store today, and while waiting at the "Customer Service" desk (should definitely be renamed "Lack of Customer Service" I heard 3 of the most ridiculous store policies I have ever heard in my life. I have shopped with you often for my business, and today will be my last. I am embarrassed that you have "Canadian" in your name. What I experienced today did not in anyway represent what "Canada" is all about.

CTH8R

A third one just in the last 24 hours on CT's own F/B page:

#237:

Eric F.: Our 2 year old was shocked several times due to the static build up that occured in your shopping carts(likely due to a combination of low humidity, rubber wheels and steel frame). She didn't understand what had happend and was very upset. My wife was shocked severly enough to feel it in her chest. We have horses and know what electric fence shocks feel like, this was JUST AS SEVERE. We will be doing our shopping at Target from now on since they have plastic carts that don't have this problem. This occured at the store on 130th Ave, Calgary AB today, August 24, 2013.

CTH8R

Fourth:

#238:

Marc M.: I've sent three emails to CT about a delivery that never occured on the promised delivery date and all i get "sorry, the store will get back to you" which they never did. You are now losing a customer!

Owner 1

hey it's great to see that you've resumed your boycott tally. it's such an accurate picture of everything that happens lol okay maybe not

I mean given that you recorded three boycotters in 24 hours, during which time across the country we probably served roughtly 250,000 customers.
It is fairly obvious to anyone reading this that your numbers are quite paltry in comparison.

Hey just wondering, why is Forzani performing so well? Close 80 stores and still have sales increases? Not bad for an insolvent company LOL hilarious
CTR had a good quarter too. Just curious to know if you checked out all of the business reports this week. Sears, Rona, Target.... they are all rocking hahahahaha hahahahah baaaaaaaahahahahaha

See you next quarter

CTH8R

Another round of misrepresentations by The Moaner, I see.

Their once-active participation has now declined into the occassional visit that follows the same general format: insult the consumers who post here, try to make their store sounds like it doesn't suck so much after all, then disappear again for a while.

Obviously, there are many more consumers whose pledge to never again shop at Crappy Tire has not been recorded here.

Just as there are many more consumer whose pledge is never posted anywhere on the internet. And, many more who do not make any kind of announcement at all.

A wise owner would ask themselves, "Gee, who are there hundreds of consumers taking this pledge? Just how many Canadians have done the same thing?"

But we all know that The Moaner is far from wise.

And we all look forward to the day when "Canadian Tire" is just a name on some under-used credit cards and some gas stations best-known for their conspiracy convictions!

(By the way, any guesses when we'll see The Moaner's 'easily obtained' evidence about the warranties provided by every automotive battery retailer in Canada? And when they might finally reveal this 'new way' that consumers can obtain refunds? Or were those just more misrepresentations? LOL!)

By the way: "See you next quarter"? Well, I know of at LEAST 238 families you WON'T be seeing! And those are just the ones we've noted here, with many, many times that many who have simply turned their backs and left quietly! LMAO!

Last edited:

CT Challenger

What's really entertaining is that most of these were posted right on Crappy Tire's own Facebook page! Hilarous! And those are just the ones that didn't get erased during a round of what Moaner calls "maintenance". You'd think the Crappy People might at least respond to some of the long-term customers who feel so betrayed, but they get thrown under the bus, along with the rest of Canada. With the increased crappification of their product line, I can seem more and more people coming up against these horrible policies, and not just letting it pass because "gee, at least we are being cheated by a Canadian company".

Wise up, people! Don't let them get away with this crap!

CTH8R

If 238 boycots were reported here, I suppose the 239th won't have any effect on The Moaner's plans.

But they sure do keep piling up - and represent only a fraction of the Canadians who have already taken the pledge.

#239:

Mike C: Thanks for ripping off my buddy. You are $190 richer and all yous had to do was piss off my buddy long enough to walk out of the store to get his money back on parts that you sold him that didnt fit. You lost a few customers in kirkland lake.

CTH8R

CT said they are 'grateful' to Canadians:

#240:

Ted R.: Not grateful enough - I just sent this to your customer service team:

Hello,

Last weekend my wife and I purchased our children a 12' trampoline from your location at Carling and Clyde in Ottawa. We had kids excited and waiting to use it when we began the assembly. Unfortunately, I did not count the parts prior to beginning and once we were 45 minutes into the assembly, we found one half of the net support pole was missing.

This was not cause for worry, because we we're dealing with Canadian Tire, and felt there should be no problem getting the issue corrected. We were wrong.

My wife took a reference part with her and asked at the service desk, after showing her receipt from 2 hours earlier, asked that they do us the courtesy of opening another box and providing the part, expecting that Canadian Tire would be able to RMA the opened box with the manufacturer. Of course, this could also be done under the auspices of our returning the original purchase.

She was told that our only recourse was to deal with the manufacturer. Then she explained to the woman that this would not be possible as children were waiting to use it. The manager was called, and the "concession" Canadian Tire was to open another box and give us the part -- once we put down a $28.00 deposit. My wife was told to deal with the (Chinese) manufacturer to get the part replaced, and to bring the replacement back to recover our deposit.

At this point she was very frustrated with being treated this way, and simply wanted to return so we could complete the assembly. Had we been less honest, we could have purchased a replacement, opened it ourselves in the parking lot and returned it for refund immediately pointing it out as also missing the same piece.

We are longstanding customers of several Canadian Tire locations in Ottawa, but this has really caused us to rethink it. We have spent the last week discussing what happened with friends and neighbours, all of whom felt that Canadian Tire should stand behind the products sell and offer customer service in such a way as to generate goodwill amongst customers. Definitely not what we saw or have come to expect. People are frankly shocked at the steps the store manager took to "resolve" this issue.

Now Canadian Tire is left with a 28 dollar deposit that we will never return to collect, an opened box that can't be sold, and a family who will make our purchases elsewhere going forward.

*Everyone* sells trampolines. We could have gone to at least 5 other retailers and got the same price, including a Wal-Mart that is much closer to our house. We went with Canadian Tire because we trusted the organization.

That is now gone. Just wanted to let you know so you have the opportunity to revisit this policy which is certain to drive your customers away.