CTH8R

Interesting - we still haven't heard from The Moaner, on how many boycotters they'd need to see posted on here, before they decided there was even a tiny little problem with their Crappy Stores.

Maybe it hasn't dawned on them yet, that for every boycotter who's been quoted here, there are hundreds - maybe thousands - who have posted on the internet, but we've missed it (it's only a hobby, after-all!).

And they probably can't fathom that, for every person/family who has announced their boycott on the internet, there are many hundreds/maybe thousands who have done so only verbally (to friends, co-workers, neighbours, etc.)

And I'm quite certain that The Moaner hasn't caught on to the fact, that for every person who speaks up and says, "I won't go to Canadian Tire ever again", there are hundreds/thousands who have simply pushed their shopping carts aside, and quietly left forever.

On the other hand, maybe that's a good thing.

Because then the Moaner won't have a chance to clean up their act, before the tipping point is reached, and it becomes common knowledge that Canadian Tire is a crappy place to shop, or bring your vehicle.

But in the meantime, their head is down, counting the money they are raking in, unconcerned with the outcries of betrayal and frustration from the growing legion of now-ex-customers.

CTH8R

263 confirmed down - keep up the Good Work!

Tyler W.S.: never shopping at your stores again, the customer service is horrible

1wildhorse

i have a joke for mr owner....what does a miser do when its cold?
he sits around a candle
what does a miser do when its REALLY cold?
he lights it.....

1wildhorse

o and by the way i turned down flat an offer of $5k to settle my matter.(if you think im bullshitting why not ask your head office?).im totally going for fraud,and if it holds up i believe it will bankrupt your shoddy company.better get your things in order before it collapses around you.

1wildhorse

oh and actually when i say stuff like i think mr moaner actually may run his stores with a lil integrity i really dont totally mean it.im just trying to be nice(which is more than your company ever did for me).i gave the lawyers a chance,they pissed me off even more,and now im not even minded to settle any more.i would rather your crappy company crumbled into dust.enjoy your dollars while they last,not long now.....vancouver sun is already alerted to the story...

CTH8R

We've all got our fingers crossed, wildhorse!

----

#264:

Bren I.B.: this is why i dont go to canadian tire, even the computer says they have n when u get there ysol! there is alot of other stores that carry same products, its too bad that home depot home hardware n walkmart is the place to go when u see something in canadian tire

CTH8R

#265:

Louis A.: Canadian tire has terrible customer service in west Kelowna, many customers walking around and no one to help them including me so I go to home depot now just a block away

CTH8R

#266:

Michael C.: I Hate Canadian Tire,,Terrible Service in Québec Especially in Cowansville Québec..Will never spend an other Penny there..I have always been a Loyal custumer..but when they Hire Incompatant People..they have Ruined my whole Experiance..So Disappointed in the Suits who make Management with poor Quality Skills ..sending loyal Customers out there Door..!!!

CTH8R

Another ex-customer, who feels betrayed:

#267:

Marlene H.: Used to love ct. Until I experienced really bad, rude, service. Not all the service people have bad attitudes but some seem to feel its above them to serve you if your looking for something - most of the time your on your own. So, I quit going - go else where - where the customer is the priority.

CTH8R

#268:

Debra W.: We just had our worst experience with an over the too rude manager at canadian tire in prince albert...after 30 ywars as a big tine fan...last time shopping there EVER...they lost at least 2 loyal customers over this and I will only tell two people about the incident...everyone who asks...and everyone who doesn't.

Debra W.: ...we did contact canadian tire corporate...there has been no response. I am not blackballing on facebook. Just sharing our experience and removing myself from their facebook page

CTH8R

Not 100% sure I didn't post her boycott notification before:

Audrey S.: How dare you invade Faceook with your advertising!!! Goodbye Canadian Tire shopping

CTH8R

Might have posted this before, but it's a good one!

Tim M.: don't buy anything at canadian tire. When you buy something and used it and you don't like the quality you are out of luck because they will not take it back. You better go to Wal-Mart, Target or Costco there you can try for example your Coffee marker when you don't like it you return it no questions asked you get your money back.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#269:

Tara H.: ... I'm also wondering if it is a surprise of some sort that people don't like your company? Your return policy is horrendous and your customer service is pretty much non-existent. My husband used to be a devoted shopper until we bought our first home and he started needing one tool after another and the tools from your store never seemed to hold up. Not only that, they wouldn't return or exchange them without a receipt. Brands that were clearly only available at CT. Most of the tools still looked brand new, so it was obvious he didn't have them for long, but still, we were forced to suck up the loss for a faulty product. Long story short, he was forced, by your company's hand, to start shopping at Home Depot. Literally thousands of dollars later, my husband neglects to have a single bad thing to say about that store. It's a shame that a once great Canadian company could lose focus on what makes a company great and that's its customer service. I wish your company well, but it's going to take a CS facelift and fabulous PR to pull out from under this dark cloud.

Tara H.: Now that I know, or have at least considered, that they were considering us to be common criminals, it makes everything so much better! And now that I have a better understanding, I'll still continue to shop at Home Depot, where they don't paint everyone with the same "You're a crook" paintbrush when you're simply trying to return a faulty product!

Tara H.: How nice that someone from this page has deleted my reply to the comment above. I'll send it again, since clearly it ruffled some feathers and brought forth some truth to the surface. How fortunate that CT would paint me and my husband, and all of their customers with the same brush. It's not everyday that one is considered a common criminal simply for trying to return a DEFECTIVE product! In the future, we'll be sure to continue shopping at Home Depot, where they DON'T assume that their customers are trying to rip them off. Thank you for shedding some light on that for me. You know how us Canadian's feel morally obligated to be polite. And for the record, I don't appreciate that you deleted a comment that merely replied to the one above and yet you leave that comment standing. It is the comment above that implies that YOUR company feels as though their customers return stolen merchandise, so if you so choose to delete my comment, then I suggest you delete the other one, too.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#270:

Kellso W.: I wouldn't buy one thing ever again At Canadian tire even if you paid me, their customer service sucks

CTH8R

#272:

Warren J.: My wife took my 2013 toyota tundra in for an oil change August 1st in Stephenville Newfoundland and got ripped off. The service technician performed the work without providing an estimate of charges and signature for authorization of work. The oil change cost 138.66 + taxes!! I always had my vehicles serviced at Canadian Tire. This was the first time for my new Tundra. She should have been informed of costs prior to having the work done. She complained to the manager to no avail. I will NEVER have service done again...too bad because I was a good customer and liked the store up to that point. UN-Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

#273:

Rhiannon E.: last time I went to Canadian Tire (in winnipeg) me and my friend were followed throughout the store by teenage employees. it was so annoying and constant at one point I asked the teenage boy in the Canadian Tire shirt to carry my basket of stuff in order to be useful...he totally ignored me yet continued to follow us within a few feet....at the til my stuff came out to 138 bucks....I asked to see the manager about the harassment and he did come to the til. He told me that it was the black cashiers fault (the only other "person of color" in the store besides me and my friend) and proceeded to send one of his young white minions to the black guy to tell him he was in trouble and then he left....no apology or anything! so when it came time to pay I said "I'm not spending a dime here. And I wish we did not waste half an hour in this store being followed around like thieving children...(I'm 45)" and I left without buying anything......I will shop anywhere but Canadian Tire.....racist and unfair...insulting and degrading experience. thanks for the pain Canadian Tire. I will spend my hard earned money elsewhere. I tell this story to everyone who listens.

CTH8R

#274 raises some good points in their parting shot:

Chris M.: HONESTY AND INTEGRITY. Canadian Tire executives could have DONE MORE THEMSELVES!!!!! To all who read this, you'll be interested to know that Canadian Tire committed what is technically FRAUD by lying about the condition of a product at sale, then denying me the ability to return it alleging that I had used the product, despite the fact it sat in a room unused for weeks. Turns out I was sold a used product, and am now forced to swallow the loss because the Manager "found a few crumbs". PATHETIC. I'm a new parent who had decades of potential shopping at Canadian Tire up until today, where I'm clearly on the butt end of a fancy little attempt at fraud to save the corporation $100. An amount that is very difficult for us to swallow, given the circumstances. And to mirror Lexi L. below, yes, all of the above started with the standard 8 minute, 'Find a Red Shirt' waltz that's part and parcel for EVERY Canadian Tire location. I'm very pleased that I won't be doing that dance any longer.

Chris M.: I dragged my baby with me to go in person I fail to understand why my concerns could not have been addressed in person. They simply were not interested in hearing my repeated fact that IT WAS SOLD THAT WAY. Regardless, I will be in touch with customer service, albeit with very reserved expectations.