CTH8R

#276:

Brent W.: canadian tire dont buy any thing from there, my mom is sick bought a gasibo from there and the thing colapsed after a couple weeks worth of use had holes in it when she bought it and they will not return it or give credit wont even fix it DO NOT SUPPORT CANADIAN TIRE

Brent W.: absolutley been so dispointed with a place in my life, iamway beyond mad will be posting it on every sight kijji castanet, in the paper, iam so so mad i was eady t smash every thing in the sore your luky my moms stressed else you may not have had a store left.. see my ,mom dont care but she was mighty upset spening over $100 on this gosibo then to get it home have holes in it and it be collapsing after 2 weeks use. shes been havi heart problms and does not have the time to bring it back, so i arrived in alberta she came with me to take it back to canadian tire in olds twice and with no luck and very unfriendly serv kin ofstuck up actually..

Last edited:

CTH8R

#278:

Simple W.: Ya they sell crap... I have spent over $50,000 in previous years, quit shopping there a year ago because everything I get from there breaks. J used to buy everything there, tools, household items, pet food and supplies, all my hunting, fishing and camping gear. auto parts... i basically spent my paycheques there for years.... Even the expensive stuff. Just bought a powerwasher 2 summers ago. Think it works this summer? $499 down the drain! Not to mention the 3 automotive batteries I've purchased there in 3 1/2 years. All now sitting in my garage floor, useless as they won't hold a charge. I've bought all 3 of their battery lines. All junk... And the saga goes on... Mastercraft dremels. I've killed 4 in the last year and a half. Mastercraft angle grinders, same thing. I use them all the time for work and they don't last for beans.... I've bought the brand new and had em last only a day! Bought one of those nice yard canopies last summer. $119 bucks. Ripped apart 2 weeks later in a "mild" wind storm, wouldn't replace it... Bought a tv from there for my girlfriend last Christmas and the screen was broken when we got it home. Canadian tire in Peterborough said it was me who broke it.... In the box... No return, no exchange... Brand new 42 inch tv.... sittin in my bedroom closet, never even been watched!! And on and on... But I'm sure customer service will make it all better :( ill shop home hardware and napa until then... Not impressed!!!

CTH8R

God, I LOVE that CT spam!

#279:

Brad C.: i agree with brent in every way possible i dealt with Canadian tire for a wooden swing set that i paid over 500$ for and it had split wood after 2 uses and i was told by their customer service that its not their product contact the manufacture and the manufacturer replied with we do not replace stuff broken by weather or use i have yet to by anything else from there and that was 7 years ago they have the worst customer service of all the stores the wood split because a 2yr old was on it it split because it was cheap ass garbage like everything else in their store warentes are useless in Canadian tire also had an issue with a bike about 15 years ago that i bought and the damn thing fell apart after 2 weeks of use went back to store and they said sorry bike cannot be refunded or returned but we can repair at a cost like i said worst customer service i have ever received from a company

I can't help but wonder, how many boycotters are out there, but aren't even on the Internet.
Or aren't on Facebook.
Or haven't been Spammed yet.
Or haven't replied to the spam with a boycott announcement.
Or made that announcement before I started collecting boycott announcements,
Or had their boycott announcement deleted by CT before I could copy it.

Nah - I'm totally sure that there are exactly 279 CT boycotters in all of Canada! LMAO!

CTH8R

Yeah, I guess it's only those 269 who hate CT.

Oh, and the other consumers who've posted here.

Oh! And all the consumers on the 'people hate ct thread'. Surely there are no more!

Last edited:

CTH8R

#280 (and possible more - spread the word!):

Palden S.A.: Had the worst return and exchange policy. The customer service sucks. I will never shop at Canadian Tire. Twice in a row I was promised to get a call from the supervisor but nothings for more than a month so I finally called and took forever to help me with my issue. Bye bye Canadian Tire you lost me and I took all my friends with me

Last edited:

CTH8R

#281:

Jim M.: My experience above happened several years back and has been followed by a number of negative experiences. I have no interest any further dealings with Canadian Tire.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#282, from this post: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...ian-tire-warranty-issues-etc-14.html#post9841

Brought a 2 year old battery in for replacement because of not taking a charge. Said they would put on charge for an hour and to come back. Came back an hour later and was told that the battery acid is black and the battery has been frozen. Hello!!! it's September!! They then said it has been frozen at one point. I then told them that it comes out of a corvette that has been parked in a heated garage during the winter months. Then they came out with another lame excuse that it must of been overcharged!! Saying it must be my vehicle!! I looked at her and said "your not going to replace this are you?" She said no, not when it's your car. I kinda lost it at that point but who can blame me. Funny, other patrons who heard me lose it, told me as I was storming out to bring it to another CT store. I then went home and tested my cars alternator output and it is at 14.1 volts where it's suppose to be. I will try another store and see what they say. Probably more lame excuses. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER THING FROM CT!!!

CTH8R

Well, we are into 'hundreds' of captured internet-based boycott proclamations - soon to be 'several hundred'.

In celebration, here's a bogus one, just for laughs:

Vegas N.: I purchased a weed wacker and when it lacerated my pot smoking room mate's face, they tried to tell me it wasn't "that kind of weed wacker" and that it was for regular grass or something. After an argument with the cashier, she threw mop at me and called me a heretic. Never going back there.

CTH8R

#282:

Khalin M.: Tried to return my broken product and was shut down hard. Won't be returning that's for sure.

CTH8R

#283: Gregory C.d I don t like canadian tire anmore,i desided to shop elsewhereused to be when they sold a hockey stick if u broak it today,they replaced it today,now they wont even give u air for your bycicle so much for an old fourner,what is important to Canadian

CTH8R

#284:

Jim B.: DO NOT SHOP HERE!!! GO TO HOME DEPOT!!! Home Depot has better products, service and people!

CTH8R

#285:

Dave G.: biggest RIP OFF scaming warranty policies of any store I have ever had to deal with. if you buy a big ticket item on sale there you`ll gets screwed if it has to go back. "no sir you only paid $219.99 , and its back to reg price $399.99 so we wont exchange it, but heres your refund in the form of a gift card" After spending thousands annually there, they will NEVER get a penny frm me again. If you`re a big asshat, then apply for a job there at customer service (very loosely used term there btw) they might hire you, seems that's who work that desk.

CTH8R

#286:

Dave Ro Why Canadian Tire doesnt understand about what people say abouttheir service......just recently been told that new policy for making appointments so I did. I had a look at the schedule book and it was empty. Only my name on the list, I see cars going in and out, been sitting here for 30mins, its an oil change. See staff on their phones texting. I would have loved to stayed at home to spend time with my family. I have lots of patience....not anymore, I gave too many chances. I will pay extra next time to go somewhere else and be out in 30-45mins. You have lost me as a customer, call yourself Canadian company, as far as I know most Candians give a crap when it comes to people.

CTH8R

#287:

Stephen S.: i too have no respect for canadian tire. Tools and hunting staff isnt even old enough to hold a sledgehammer or a knife. i bought a knive from their the last time and it didnt even come with a box or the sheathe and they refuse to take it back because it has no box or sheathe. Im not even going there anymore i feel like im on a prank show. im Aprenticing to be a millwright and over my lifetime will spend thousands on tools, but when i go in and ask if you have any steel rulers with thousands of an inch indicators on them or verniers or micrometers the staff just gives me a dirty look snear no and go back to talking. took the staff half an hour to play who has the key aswell when i wanted this knife. Canadian tire will not be receiving any further business from me or any of the tradesmen i work with or are able to tell about this joke like service.

CTH8R

The CT spam really is just pullin' in the boycott announcements!

#288:

Rick H.: The "technicians" (because they don't have real mechanics) at their Nanaimo store screwed up an axle seal replacement. Their technician (probably some 18 year old kid) failed to notice 1/8" of wear on my axle (that is huge). I had to take it back to get it fixed, and then it failed again 3 weeks later. They then offered me some backyard mechanic solution (Speedi Sleeves). I took it to a real mechanic who replaced the axle as should have been done in the first place. When I threatened to sue to recover the lost income I incurred as the result of their incompetence, their national investigator informed me they would reimburse me for the botched work...the amount they charged me for their 2 botched repair attempts. And rather than apologize for my inconvenience and offer me maybe a free oil change or something to retain me as a customer, he told me that the axle was not worn at all when they looked at it. It somehow magically wore a full 1/8" in 2 weeks. They called me a liar even though I had pictures and the affidavits of 3 licensed mechanics to confirm the state of that axle. I used to browse the Canadian Tire flyers that come in our newspaper. Now they go straight in the garbage. I will never set foot in another Canadian Tire, and I will tell anyone who will about their store, where the customer is sadly views as the enemy.

CTH8R

#289:

Keith Motton Bought a Mastercraft tap+die set. Third hole tapped, I broke the 4-40 tap. Replaced with another Mastercraft - it did six holes. Got a Dormer tap - 85 holes done + still going strong. Worst part is - every broken tap means a SCRAPPED PART because there is no way to remove a busted 4-40 tap from a blind hole. Tested by Canadians? This Canadian says FAIL.

Keith M.: Tired of going through the motions. I'll just shop at a REAL hardware store.