1wildhorse

you see never have you actually addressed any concern for the customers that your company has treated so badly.all you do is count your dollars.soooo sad.

CTH8R

Interesting claims.

Is The Moaner really that clued out, about their own business?

Do they really think its ok to completely ignore people who publicly pledge to boycott all their store?

Do they really, truly think, that as long as there are still warm bodies entering their store, that all is well??

Ok, yes, we will keep counting (now up over 300 in just a few months!) who we've recorded here.
1, 2,3, ....

But The Moan will have to keep ignoring the people who've posted on the CT FB page who've slipped through the cracks.
10, 20, 30, ...

And ignore all the people who posted to other sites.
100, 200, 300 ...

And all the people who didn't post anywhere at all, but just told their friends, families, co-workers, etc.
1000, 2000, 3000, .....

And what about the majority? The polite, but fed-up, Canadians who simply walked away from your crappy chain long ago?
How many of those are out there???

Either The Moaner isn't as good at math as they claim, or they are misrepresenting their results.

But we all know the REAL reason that The Moaner One keep popping in every few weeks, claiming their stores don't suck quite as much as people say.

They are hoping to keep word from getting out, about how terrible these stores and auto shops really are.

But judging from the out-pour of negative stories that ordinary Canadians post each time CT spams them, word will continue to get out!

Thank You, Crappy Tire, for funding your own bad publicity!

LMAO!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Any-hoo ....

#333:

Jane A.: I stopped shopping there, the employees are few and they always seemed to be ignoring the customers.

Bimmer Driver

Not going to CT anymore,- here are my reasons:

They only seem to employ child labor, that can't answer any questions, their auto service sucks (stopped going into their auto service 10 years ago when they did an oil change and did not tighten the filter....but that's another story)

The aftermarket and OEM Parts they sell are lousy quality and they don't stand behind them. Bought rotors that warped within 6 months, battery that failed after only 1 year, aftermarket fog lights that were sold without mounting brackets, battery booster pack that was cracked, oil that was opened... Every time their customer service department tried to tell me it was my fault!

Have you ever "tried" returning a product there? .......enough said,- no Canadian Tire you may not write down my DL# and my date of birth....!

Lastly because their customer service is as bad as Bell Canada!

Owner 1

Well there's good news just around the corner for you. You spend all this time of yours counting the customers that boycott Canadian Tire. You have been very clear that your conclusion is more and more Canadians are choosing not to shop at Canadian Tire.

Here's the good news, you can stop guessing. You could stop guessing several years ago actually. Want to know why? Because the data is posted for you four times a year. As a publicly traded company, we announce results. The not so good news for you is that the proof, you know, actual documented trends, FACTS, FIGURES.... REAL information show the exact opposite of what you claim. For decades now, sales continue to grow. That's right, a tsunami of Canadians choose to shop at Canadian Tire, and every year that number, and the amount they spend GROWS!!! Gets bigger. increases. There is no denying facts young lad. Math is not a guess.

in conclusion I will openly attack this statement of yours "And what about the majority? The polite, but fed-up, Canadians who simply walked away from your crappy chain long ago?"
I have no idea what your definition of majority is, but let me provide you with mine. More then 50% of a given body of people represents a majority. Sorry dude, you aren't representing the majority. You're representing a few hours with of customer traffic in just my store. Got your math all messed up again.

CTH8R

So .... #334!

Not going to CT anymore,- here are my reasons:

They only seem to employ child labor, that can't answer any questions, their auto service sucks (stopped going into their auto service 10 years ago when they did an oil change and did not tighten the filter....but that's another story)

The aftermarket and OEM Parts they sell are lousy quality and they don't stand behind them. Bought rotors that warped within 6 months, battery that failed after only 1 year, aftermarket fog lights that were sold without mounting brackets, battery booster pack that was cracked, oil that was opened... Every time their customer service department tried to tell me it was my fault!

Have you ever "tried" returning a product there? .......enough said,- no Canadian Tire you may not write down my DL# and my date of birth....!

Lastly because their customer service is as bad as Bell Canada!

1wildhorse

bimmer im a little surprised you kept on going back...maybe it was in the misguided hope that one day you would actually get something decent from the red triangle of crap that actually worked properly,like the moth to the flame....but i guess we have all learnt in our various ways that CT dont give a flying f**k about their customers which is a little strange seeing as tho we are the ones paying their wages....

CTH8R

I guess its not surprising that The Moaner claims to like math, and to know some basics of retailing, yet seems to ignore the evidence for the growing number of people who not only dislike their beloved store, but have been driven to totally boycott the entire chain, stores and automotive centres alike.

I haven't bothered to check their claims of increasing sales, but that certainly isn't the full story. We'd need to see adjustments for inflation, changes in the Canadian population, over-all economic conditions at the time, etc. in fact, there is little information in the annual (or even quarterly) reports that sheds light on these overall trends. Same-stores sales and sales per square foot come the closest.

Sure, The Moaner can pretend that all is well. It worked for Eatons, Bargain Harold, and Zellers. But eventually, a business reaps what it sows.

And Crappy Tiered is sewing unhappy customers, thinking they this will let them forever reap profits.

Bimmer Driver

Well there's good news just around the corner for you. You spend all this time of yours counting the customers that boycott Canadian Tire. You have been very clear that your conclusion is more and more Canadians are choosing not to shop at Canadian Tire.

Here's the good news, you can stop guessing. You could stop guessing several years ago actually. Want to know why? Because the data is posted for you four times a year. As a publicly traded company, we announce results. The not so good news for you is that the proof, you know, actual documented trends, FACTS, FIGURES.... REAL information show the exact opposite of what you claim. For decades now, sales continue to grow. That's right, a tsunami of Canadians choose to shop at Canadian Tire, and every year that number, and the amount they spend GROWS!!! Gets bigger. increases. There is no denying facts young lad. Math is not a guess.

in conclusion I will openly attack this statement of yours "And what about the majority? The polite, but fed-up, Canadians who simply walked away from your crappy chain long ago?"
I have no idea what your definition of majority is, but let me provide you with mine. More then 50% of a given body of people represents a majority. Sorry dude, you aren't representing the majority. You're representing a few hours with of customer traffic in just my store. Got your math all messed up again.

I think it is safe to say you and I would agree on the fact that Math does not lie? So I'd like to share a thought process here from a Businessman to a fellow Businessman,-

The reality Mr. "Owner" is that on average only 1 in 10 dissatisfied customers ever bother to complain, out of those it is safe to say only 1 in 10 bother to go past complaining to actually doing something about it.... so its not just 334 dissatisfied Canadians, its probably more like 33 400,- Yes its not a majority but if you consider that each person spends maybe $ 1000.00 at Canadian Tire,- its a lot of lost revenue.

To me, the scary part if I was a owner of a store would be the thought of the growing trend it represents when giants like Wal Mart and Target open their doors across the street from my store....

I appreciate your input from an owners perspective (I assume you are a franchisee) after all we do still live in a democracy and as such are all entitled to free speech.

However, as much as I hate supporting American companies when there are Canadian Companies offering the same products,- I'd rather shop at Wal Mart..... they at least greet you at the door and allow you to take crappy products back for refunds..... Remember the old saying "the customer is always right"???? I think Canadian Tire forgot about that saying.

Best of luck with your store,- I know I wont be shopping there and I respect the fact that you don't care....

CTH8R

Exactly, Bimmer. And I think The Moaner knows just how bad things are - but doesn't care, as long as there are still warm bodies at their till.

Their business model seems to be: replace the customers who aren't happy.

We see this approach with their huge advertising budget, with their response to complaints in the stores, and their response to complaints on the web site.

The customer wants a refund? Tell them to get lost - there will be someone coming in the door behind them with a full wallet. Milk the new guys until her gets ticked off and leaves forever. Repeat until retirement.

Sure, there are some Owners who want to keep their local customers happy and coming back.

But there are just too many 'short-timers', who will move on to another store, so decide to milk the locals while they still can.

Bimmer Driver

bimmer im a little surprised you kept on going back...maybe it was in the misguided hope that one day you would actually get something decent from the red triangle of crap that actually worked properly,like the moth to the flame....but i guess we have all learnt in our various ways that CT dont give a flying f**k about their customers which is a little strange seeing as tho we are the ones paying their wages....

I know.... I am a sucker.... I kept going back because I thought it is better to spend your money on a Canadian Company. But I have learned over the years that they really don't care!

I shop at the local hardware store now, the local auto parts store and the local department store. Yes it costs more.... but the people working there appreciate it and my money stays in the community.

At the end of the day,- that makes me feel better even though I could have saved a few $$$ and got Canadian Tire money........

CTH8R

We've got a long list of data that The Moaner claims to have, but has somehow 'forgotten' to show all of us. Here's yet another one:

... You have been very clear that your conclusion is more and more Canadians are choosing not to shop at Canadian Tire. .... the data is posted for you four times a year. As a publicly traded company, we announce results.

Now, I've made it a habit to review the quarterly results.

And not once (NOT ONCE!) has the reports stated how many "Canadians are choosing not to shop at Canadian Tire".

If The Moaner can please show me where in the reports this statistic is presented, then I guess my little hobby is redundant, and I can think about giving it up.

Oh, and would that really be good news for me? No. You see, I really DO enjoy my little hobby. Very much so. And so do the many people who regularly read this thread!

But, in the meantime ..... 335 and counting, LOL!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Oh, and one more clarification:

I had written a post about the many, many Canadians who are already boycotting Crappy Tire.

In it, I said that the majority of the CT Boycotters are "polite, but fed-up, Canadians who simply walked away from your crappy chain long ago"

I thought it was obvious that this is the majority of the Canadian Tire Boycotters, and not the majority of Canadians.

But, hey: give it time!

LMAO!

CTH8R

So many Canadians, each finding their own reasons to boycott Crappy Tire.

And some even encouraging others to take the plunge!

#336:

Bill A.: PLEASE boycott- CT-starting sending flyers in french only to satisfy the 33% separatist--shame on CT

Last edited:

CTH8R

Not sure if this is just sarcasm.

Still, he says he's considering a boycott.

Hurry up and get off the fence, Gary!

Gary S.: I'm with many people here who object to this ad!! It is disgusting to see people doing the DESTRUCTION of PROPERTY like this when there are SO MANY property crimes across the board and what a cost the victims pay for such SARCASTIC AND ABUSIVE ADVERTISING. I am a regular CT shopper and I'm considering BOYCOTTING your company over this deplorable ad. This ad is in bad taste and ought to be removed!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Richard isn't undecided.

And as a bonus, he's telling other people to join him! Way to go, Richard!

#337:

Richard F.W.: I was at the Garden City location in winnipeg looking to get some winter tires, when I asked a manager about helping us 7 people in line and maybe get a cashier his glib reply was 'I could do a lot of things' and walked away.
I will no longer shop at Canadian Tire and will encourage all my friends to shop elsewhere as well

CTH8R

Now quite enough for a full-out boycott declaration - but movin' in the right direction!

Nicole N.: We're Home Hardware people!!!

CTH8R

I see that The Moaner logged on yesterday at 2:28 PM, but for some reason, there isn't any post.

I the spirit of an 'open dialog', I thought I'd do some pinch-hitting:

- I'm rich.
- You aren't.
- A couple of people showed up at my store today.
- They bought stuff.
- So, all is well, obviously.
- Clearly they love the "Repair Only" policy as much as I do.
- I looked around the parking lot for some so-called "Boycotter", but didn't see any.
- Therefore, bobycotters don't exist.
- I'm rich.
- Blah blah blah, math never lies, etc.
- Customers suck!​

There - all caught up!

And not much different from The Real Thing!