CTH8R

Here’s another major difference between the other big Canadian retailers and CT:

On the rare occasions when a person proclaims they will boycott another store, it is almost always for some philosophical reason, such as labour practices, unionization of employees, the working conditions in over-seas factories, environmental concerns, or political reasons.

But with Crappy Tire? People aren’t so abstract and philosophical.

They are almost always boycotting Crappy Tire, because of the Crappy Way they were treated at a store, for a purchase that went wrong, followed by Crappy People treating them in a Crappy Manner, typically with rudeness, and then by Crappy People refusing to help them out, often citing some obscure policy not even found at other big Canadian stores.

Way to go, Crappy Tire – you are engineering your process to eliminate the maximum number of customers!

LMAO!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Here's a perfect example - another lost customer, over an ordinary Price Guarantee, complete with rudeness and an obscure rule, with a false accusation thrown in!

#366:

Marlene C.: On Black Firday I purchased an item as an Xmas Present only to find that within 10 days it was half price. I went to one of the Canadian Tire Stores in Regina to see if I could get the $50 plus tax back.. answer No only 7 day price guarantee! I then suggested buying another at the reduced price and returning it with the previous bill..well guess what I was told that was Fraud!!! Are you kidding me.. FRAUD! I am done shopping at Canadian Tire! It used to be a reputable place, but within the last year or two the non-Canadian staff have become very rude and inconsiderate and have changed the shopping experience for me! They are also very reluctant to accept returns for anything. Better to give cash and let your family buy the items that they want, where they want and where warranty and returns are not an issue!

Last edited:

Sangria5

Here's a perfect example - another lost customer, over an ordinary Price Guarantee, complete with rudeness and an obscure rule, with a false accusation thrown in!

#366:

Marlene C.: On Black Firday I purchased an item as an Xmas Present only to find that within 10 days it was half price. I went to one of the Canadian Tire Stores in Regina to see if I could get the $50 plus tax back.. answer No only 7 day price guarantee! I then suggested buying another at the reduced price and returning it with the previous bill..well guess what I was told that was Fraud!!! Are you kidding me.. FRAUD! I am done shopping at Canadian Tire! It used to be a reputable place, but within the last year or two the non-Canadian staff have become very rude and inconsiderate and have changed the shopping experience for me! They are also very reluctant to accept returns for anything. Better to give cash and let your family buy the items that they want, where they want and where warranty and returns are not an issue!

That is why you do not have many posters on your blog. You lie to people. That IS fraud, what she describes.

CTH8R

Which costs a store more? A refund for a battery the store screwed up on? Or replacing yet another life-long customer whom the store is driving away?

#367:

John K.: I had a very similar experience. Kicked out of a store for asking for a refund on a battery they sold me that didn't work. I called their HO thinking logic will prevail. they backed the store manager. I will never deal with them again and will be happy to share my experiences with others.

CTH8R

#263 & #264 - our first clear 'two-fer'!:

Troy R.: Stewart I have a friend who stopped shopping there 20 yrs ago, he calls it the Canadian Tire Liar flyer. I'm guessing its an issue they care to do anything about. The post above recommends I send an email to the mentioned email above and they did even bother to reply. Not someone I choose to do business with.

Hmmm... is this the same Troy, or different?

#357:

Troy R.S.: lI got you eflyer today and went into your store with a list of 6 things that I needed, roughly $150.00 worth of items. Not only did you not have any of it in stock they customer service was terrible. I will not return as this has not been the first time you have not followed up with you advertisements. You've wasted my time and gas one too many times.

Tell you what: just to keep things legit, I'll just post a Bonus Boycotter:

Dina N-F.: I have just contacted Customer Service in regards to a horrible last two experiences at my local automotive store. Not particilarly confident that they will do anything but if they don't there will be no third times a charm. We will not be returning to Canadian Tire

CTH8R

#367:

James R-D.: Don't bother contacting customer service. I climbed all the way up the customer service ladder after the St Jacques Auto Dept in Montreal ripped me off for several hundred dollars and ultimately left me stranded. All they did was circle the wagons. I used to go to CDN tire for everything from AAA batteries to BBQs to tires to automotive repairs for 10 years. Will never darken their door again.

CTH8R

Not because of Bangladeshi. Not because of Palestine. Just a 'think locally' type of reason:

#368:

Patricia M.G.: Overpriced by a mile. I refuse to shop there.

CTH8R

Oooops! Shudda been #378:

#367:

James R-D.: Don't bother contacting customer service. I climbed all the way up the customer service ladder after the St Jacques Auto Dept in Montreal ripped me off for several hundred dollars and ultimately left me stranded. All they did was circle the wagons. I used to go to CDN tire for everything from AAA batteries to BBQs to tires to automotive repairs for 10 years. Will never darken their door again.

CTH8R

By the way, if anyone is interested in specifics about the crime of fraud, it's been thoroughly described here:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...rn-identical-products-different-receipts.html

And, low and behold, it's NOTHING like what the CT owner/moaner/angry-guys want you to believe!

(Besides which, Marlene did absolutely nothing wrong, and never suggested anything wrong either! How Ford-esque of S-Angry-A-CT-Guy to suggest such a thing! Disgusting!)

Last edited:

CTH8R

Crappy let this minor screw-up escalate into a full-blown boycott. Could it REALLY have been worth the mark-up on a lousy bad 'o coffee, to lose a 20-year-loyal customer? I guess to them it was:

#370:

Mena S.: Be prepared to spend a lot of time if you shop at the cedarbre mall Canadian tire, customer service is the wrose I have ever seen, I waited for over a hour last Saturday, to return coffee, that was on the shefl and expird, the expiry date was October, no apology at all, just Attitude. and was not going to take it back at firs. Shocked and disgusted.

Mena S.: Hi there, thank you for your reply, I called the general manager of the store, Cindy, she said sorry , I think, the bottom line is , I will not shop there again and I have been for 20 years. It left such a bad taste , I have no desire to go back. There were a lot of people in that line last Saturday, I am suprized you are not swamped with emails. .

Last edited:

CTH8R

#371:

Di G.: A 'store' I refuse to enter....my sanity is worth much more. Just sadden about their title name. Definitely not a Canadian value or what Canadian stores stand for! Pity!

CTH8R

A strange partial boycott. Give him some time, and he'll realize that it's not just about electricity. Or gasoline, either, LOL!

Gary B.: junk, I would never buy anything electrical from Canadian Tire again.

CTH8R

#372:

Chantal L.: went in first thing this morning when our local Canadian Tire opened, I think you belong on the naughty list. Very poor customer service. The only reason I did buy my product there was because it was the last one the size we needed. We will be taking our business to Home Hardware starting today.

CTH8R

#373:

Oh, another unfortunate family! At least they got out in time!

Rob A.: My wife takes our van in for regular maintenance(oil change) and now told the drain plug is wrecked and could cost $150 to fix. Well we've only taken our van to one Canadian tire store for the last 10 oil changes with no problem, Nice time to gouge someone this close to Christmas. Leave the wife walking around the store without calling her to let her know. Jerks, never again will you amateur parts changers touch any of my vehicles. CAA is the way to go now for auto club Napa is my new store for parts.

CTH8R

Canadians are so nice - here he is, trying to help the Crappy store fix itself, even AFTER he boycotts it!

#374:

Irfan A.: Dear Canadian Tire Social Media Representatives: In absence of a better channel to address my frustration, I am forced to express it through this page of yours. Hopefully, you will listen to me and act on it. I am guessing this is the reason you decided to participate in social media after all. On December 17th, 2013 between 4:45pm - 5:22pm, I called Canadian Tire McLaughlin location 6 times (Address: 10031 McLaughlin Rd, Brampton; Phone: 905-846-9227). For the 6 times I called, 3 times no one answered the phone and the other 3 times I was put on hold and eventually the line disconnected as I waited patiently. I did not even get a chance to communicate my reason for calling in the first place; I had called to inquire about the installation of ProStart 4-button Remote Starter with Keyless Entry (Product #34-0743-2) that I was planning to purchase from Canadian Tire. Clearly, my call was not important enough and I am guessing so aren't my dollars at your store. While I was certainly ticked off by this, I wasn't sure if Canadian Tire's senior management was aware of such practices at the store level. For obvious reasons, going forward I will take my business elsewhere. However, hopefully Canadian Tire will resolve this before other future customers start feeling the same way as I did. P.S I have been a customer of Canadian Tire Auto Service since 2008. All my automobile related work including seasonal tire changes were handled by the Canadian Tire Dufferin location. However, recently I moved to Brampton and had hoped in vain to remain a loyal customer of your services.

CTH8R

#375:

Heather M.T.: I had a terrible experience with them last week!Worst customer service I have ever had.They could be giving their stuff away for free and I still would not return!

CTH8R

#376:

Mary K.: Don't shop there! Return policy! They don't have one. Try to return they tell you we aren't here to take things back!! We only sell the junk!! Brand new store in Namao mall & the manager's too cheap to fix a broken automatic door that doesn't close properly !! Gonna go there to see if it closes on me & I intend to sue!!!

CTH8R

Lots of boycott proclamations, on the gift-that-isn't-gift thread on Facebook.

But first, this one from CT's washer fluid thread, and already posted here under Tires:

#377:

Amber M.: Dave, I had an awful experience with a Calgary store. I needed a flat repaired so pulled in on an early Saturday morning and waited for my tire to be fixed paying a lot for it. Now during the day I drove in the city mostly under 60km/h. When i hit the highway at faster than 100km/h I heard this god awful thumping, my tire pressure went off and I quickly pulled off at the Airdrie Canadian Tire 5 minutes to close and had a psycho moment insisting they pull that tire and see what was wrong. Turns out the incompetent tire tech broke my tire pressure sensor and taped it back on the tire!!!!!! No info that they broke it at the Calgary store or anything, I was livid and took many photos for evidence. I work in Oil and Gas and had to return to the field where I was breaking safety protocol by driving a vehicle that had a warning sign on it. So on Monday when I finally reached a guy who claimed to be the manager he accused me that I literally in the span of 7 hours, took the tire off and broke it myself and taped it back in there. How in the hell would I do that????? Finally after throwing another fit I talked to the real manager who also accused me of the same thing till I said "fine I'll take this to the media". He then offered that they would fix it for me, you can't even change a tire I'm not trusting you to repair a tire on a $60,000 truck. He then said they wouldn't pay for the dealership to do it so I said fine I'll go to the media and you'll be hearing from my lawyer. He finally agreed to pay the repair fee after I complained to the store manager. Turns out they claim the store and tire departments don't intermingle but that person did help. It cost me two days of work plus lost travel costs to repair the tire back to code so I could work and I should have been compensated for that loss. I still have the pictures, and I haven't shopped at Canadian Tire, or anything affiliated since. I feel for you,I really do. Sorry buddy, and at a great time of year too.

CTH8R

#378:

Kaylee H.: Canadian Tire is without a doubt one of the most useless and unorganized establishments I have ever dealt with. Thank you for wasting my time, money and patience. You've officially lost my business. Merry Christmas.