CTH8R

#420:

David K.: I was going to comment on how I feel that CT has changed for the worse over the last decade but after typing a near essay worth of words, I decided that CT can use their own resources to figure it out, not mine. In the meantime, they have lost a long time customer. I personally can't stand even walking into one of those stores anymore.

CTH8R

#421:

Tesie C.: I agree dont shop @ canadian tire!!! They broke my car last year... Never shop there!!!

CTH8R

#422:

Marjorie P.: I worked for them, and I got layed of a month before Christmas for lack of work. Merry Christmas and all that, CanadianTire and our Labour Laws are all about covering up for the Employer. When did profit become the basis for our laws. The Retail labour laws suck. They did not lack work. Lies lies. Even their 50 dollar card give away means more profit for them
You can't spend it that day. It brings you back to the store where you probably will spend more than $50. All they are giving you is what they pay for the product and they are still making a profit. Creative accounting. It makes me feel lied to in a distasteful way. I will not shop there any more.

CTH8R

#423:

Hal B.: Terrible customer service - you can never find anyone to help you, but if you do you soon wish you hadn't. Shop elsewhere folks.

CTH8R

#424:

Clare D.: My father shopped at Canadian Tire all his life everywhere he went. Was a very loyal customer. He got a car engine from them and it also blew about 3 months later and they never did a thing for him. He never went back again and for many years Canadian Tire was a dirty word in our family and he would not allow even a flyer from there in our house.

CTH8R

Customers are learning they don't have to put up with a lot of crap.

Speaking of which, the Treadmill Spam yielded Boycott #425:

Ryan W.: I haven't shopped here in 5 years. You guys refused to warranty my socket set case. I went through the entire phone and email process and got nowhere. Please don't advertise on my wall. It's traumatic and offensive. I used to wait until Friday and spend most of my paycheck every week. You guys don't care about your customers. Go on and tell me to contact customer again. It's a waste of time because I won't get anywhere anyways.

CTH8R

Pretty sure Jeffrey's already been counted, but it's nice of CT to pay Facebook to spam him & provoke an out-cry:

Jeffrey B.: Boycott this so called company

wayne123

BAD Canadian Tire BAD in everything, BAD employee attitude, BAD service, you name it. NEVER buy anything from Canadian Tire, NEVER spend a penny at Canadian Tire. Go to Walmart, Costco, MIDAS, any auto shop, any dollar store, just don't go to Canadian Tire ever. Boycott Canadian Tire

CTH8R

Boycotter #426:

BAD Canadian Tire BAD in everything, BAD employee attitude, BAD service, you name it. NEVER buy anything from Canadian Tire, NEVER spend a penny at Canadian Tire. Go to Walmart, Costco, MIDAS, any auto shop, any dollar store, just don't go to Canadian Tire ever. Boycott Canadian Tire

CTH8R

From https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/personal-stories/980-would-not-honor-rain-check.html#post11480

#427:

Got a rain check for a generator on the last day of a 4 day sale.
The raincheck clearly says valid at any shop within 30 days.
The store at 250 Silver Linden Dr, Richmond Hill refused to honor it saying it was only valid within the 4 days.....

How ridiculous !!!! Why bother to give a rain check on the last day of a 4 day special ?

It was the last straw for me and Canadian Tire.....I don't trust their so-called discounts or product quality and the cust service is non existant, so this was my last trip i intend to make to one of their outlets.

CTH8R

I feel sorry for Canadians who have been Spammed when CT paid Facebook .... But I love it when we get to read the inevitable boycott reports:

#428:

Amanda L.M.: Bad customer service many items with no price, discounts posted not given at cash I use to love CT, but after so many disappointing visits I'd rather go elsewhere.

CTH8R

#429:

Rick V.D.: speaking of getting ripped off. want to make sure everyone knows, if you purchase something from cdn tire and return it, if you don't have the cdn tire money u got when you made the purchase they deduct it from you credit amount. so canadian tire takes your real money for their play money...a complete ripoff. IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! another reason to NOT shop at cdn tire...

CTH8R

Long story ... But the usual Bottom Line!

#430:

Heather R.:To whom it may concern if it does concern you at all

I have dealt with Canadian Tire Namao branch in Edmonton Since it opened at least 10 years ago. One of the auto service guys there named Shane refused to warranty a tire I had bought a few years ago. I believed I complained then about his attitude. Yesterday January 5th,2013, I had my car towed into Canadian tire because it would not start and the power steering was not working prior to it not starting. I got a call back from Shane saying my power steering pump was shot and my battery was not holding a charge. I told him the battery should still be under warranty, he said, not unless I had a reciept, I then gave him permission to look in my car for receipt but he found an older one. I told him look in your system, as I know when I bought tires a little over a year ago they said ``we will not honor warranty without receipt`` but that was after I had bought battery. Eventually he found it in system and said he will pro rate battery but the estimate was 990.00. After battery pro rated I was quoted 940.00, I gasped and said why is it so expensive, he started breaking down prices for me..Pump 230, install 130, fluid exchange 100, etc. I said, well can i hold off on power steering pump, he said it wont pass an inspection, I said no worries my brother is a mechanic, but if it was a little cheaper I would get it done at Canadian tire for convenience. I was just reporting to work as I got his call with the 990 estimate. I drive transit bus for the city of Edmonton and I was just starting my shift, it was noon January 6th, 2013. a few minutes after I started driving, he called me back but I could not answer as I was driving the bus. A few minutes later I had like a 1 minute lay over and called him back, he said the new price was $940.00, I said, sorry I can not afford that, how much without the pump, he told me 500 something, I said, you know what...can you just change battery and do nothing else? He said "ok that will be 300 something" I said why so much? He again starting listing prices 160 diagnostic, 36 power steering pump ?? something..., then installation of the battery, blah blah. I said, several times I have to go, prior to this and I stated I was at work and had to go, he retorted "I am at work too!" I was trying to cut him short as I had a bus to drive, He said "don't you dare hang up on me, we have business to discuss". When he said it was 300 to get just my warranted battery reinstalled, I said "you know what, I am not paying for anything besides battery and if you want to charge me installation then go ahead but I am not paying for anything else"! He said, "I am not doing anything on your car, I will put it outside and you can tow it home"! I had to hang up and drive and let him do what he had to do as I was not going to lose my job over your idiot manager at Namao. I am thoroughly disgusted by his behavior as I used to love Canadian Tire as a kid, it offered great Christmas stuff, sleighs and skates etc. I was proud to be a Canadian and be a part of what Canadian Tire stood for. His behavior was worst than some back yard con job mechanic. About 10 minutes later, my phone rang again, I was wondering if he was giving me a time limit to get it out of parking lot, but no....he ....said because he started the paperwork on warranty work , he would change battery...well hallelujah....honoring your work finally. A lost customer....Heather R.

ps I asked for a copy of initial estimate and received one for 931 with battery included....so it fell 60.00. My plan was to get it fixed elsewhere and to portray costs online from Canadian tire versus other garages. Low and behold, I left and my power steering pump is working....what a waste of a 990.00 dollars if I would have said ok UNBELIEVABLE

CTH8R

Short story ... But the usual Bottom Line, LOL!

#431:

Jenn R.: Worst customer service ever. ...I mean ever. ..will never go back.

CTH8R

Jenn R.: I got what I needed after spending an hour waiting for someone to help me and then another hour to get it from the back to pick it up... After they called for service 6x the first time and the guy said he forgot about me twice the second time. Will Never go back.

Sangria5

customer said to canadian tire manager....FUCK OFF i wont shop here anymore....

Disgruntled poster on a blog says to other assumed disgruntled poster...."what name do you want to sign in under today?". Got to luv the Internet. Gives people an anonymous way to bitch about anything and everything. It let's them feel important, I guess.

1wildhorse

says mr owner/sangria/angryguy and the latest....im only 1 person but i must admit i do enjoy the daily horror stories at the hands of ur horrible company....if you would just quit posting life would be even sweeter....