CTH8R

Not quite a clear boycott statement - let's give Crappy the benefit of the doubt:

Bret H.: I really think that Canadian Tire should take a good look at offering a key cutting service. I personally have had some very frustrating experiences with keys cut at CT. The first was that the key was cut wrong and when i returned to have it re-cut with my receipt I was told that I needed ID to have it done ( I had forgot my wallet) I wasn't looking for a return but for CT to cut the key properly. After a useless conversation I left the key walked away. The most recent time I had two keys cut that didnt work, went back had them re-cut but still never worked. I had them finally cut at a different place where they worked first time. The time and gas that I wasted trying to have two simple keys cut has brought me to just give up on CT all together.

CTH8R

Now, this is a clear statement:

#379:

Andrew H.: Tried to return a nail gun, used it for 2 min did not like the feel of it. I sent my wife back to the store with it and they would not take it back. She could only get an in store credit for a different nail gun. She did not know what to chose so came home with the gun. I still have it but have purchased another one from Home Depot. I will not be back. Adios Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

Also clear: #380:

Jamie E.B.: Our Wilson Creek B.C. store has the worst customer service anywhere. Todays experience with a broken product that I attempted to return and was rudely treated means I will NEVER set foot in that store again.

CTH8R

#381:

Conrad M: I used to have two Canadian tire credit cards and did a lot of shopping there. I had a cancellation charge on one card after trying to book a flight online and Canadian tire blocked the initial transaction so I missed out on a $200 savings. But then Canadian refused to stop the phony $140 cancellation fee! I cancelled both cards and cut my shopping by 90% with them. Last time I bought a battery charger that did not work as advertized (it was supposed to recondition batteries but just said they were fine when they were not) on two top of the line Canadian tire automotive batteries that both died just beyond their warranties (I bought two used Interstate batteries both older than the Canadian tire batteries that work great!) I went to return the charger. It was complete as new. First I went to customer service, then I was sent to automotive, then back to customer service! Had to wait in line 3 time for a simple return. I was going to buy some other products but after such poor customer service I will never shop there again. I shop at Princess Auto - no hassle returns you dont even need a receipt! Just like Costco. If you want inferior products with poor customer service Canadian Tire is the perfect place to shop!"

CTH8R

#382:

Carl E.R.: They are the biggest scammers I've ever had to deal with.. They come across as community orientated and my elderly mother hired one of there roofing contractors and our roof leaked in three places and beside our electrical box and we had to fight and fight to get them to repair the roof, and now we are having to fight to get the inside damages fixed .. They just keep promising that they are on our side and have done nothing to repair our inside ... Nice community support... And to think the generations of buying there about to come to an end , my whole family is mad...

CTH8R

#383:

Alyse F.: HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Experience at the CHILLIWACK location today. Customer Service told me they would replace my product, just to grab a new one, I come back to the desk with my new product only to be told NOPE, they aren't going to do it. To make matters worse, they refused to give me back my defective one because they already threw it out! It was only a $5 dollar product. You lost me as a valued customer.

CTH8R

Time, perhaps, to start a thread: "CT Sucks at Outdoor Power Equipment"?

#384:

Ann M.: We bought a lawn mower a few weeks ago and it is A TERRIBLE PIECE OF GARBAGE. My husband tried to take it back twice and they won't take it back. It coughs and spits. Their suggestions was to raise the wheels up higher. So now you can't even tell when it's been cut. We don't cut it to short to begin with. Today when I went to use it, the cover from the filter fell off and won't go back on, so it is now duck taped back on. WE WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING THERE AGAIN. One of the staff did say to my husband that she would never of sold that lawn mower to us...

CTH8R

#385:

Did we count this guy already? I don't think so ...

David H.: still boycotting Canadian Tire because of the Simonize pressure washer ripoff. Bought thigh end Simoniz gas washer and it leaked oil from the get go. Canadian Tire offered nothing, not even a credit towards another washer.

CTH8R

#386:

Suzanne H.: We purchased a Master Craft Table Saw at the Cole Harbour location in September. In case you are not aware Master Craft can only be purchased at Canadian Tire. When my husband went to use it for only the 3rd or 4th time, it sparked and smoked and of course now does not work. We brought it back to exchange and of course could not find the receipt, they told us to get our bank print outs and then they could exchange it, so off we went to get this. As we were doing some remodelling at home and Canadian Tire is generally our first stop, that month we spent $1106.40 in 10 transactions. We brought this back to customer service the next day, and we were then told that they no longer do any exchanges, that they send it off for warranty work but without the original receipt there was nothing they could do for us.
So needless to say after shopping at that store since the day it opened for probably 20+ years, we will never shop at another Canadian Tire store again. How do you not take care of your customers when they have the product you sell exclusively?

---

An interesting question, and the answer is, you replace each lost customer with another one, whom you will at some point screw over to keep a few extra bucks in your till. Repeat until nobody in Canada will shop at your crappy store.

CTH8R

#387:

Sergio M.N.: I went to one store location, they kept me there one hour before eventually telling me the mechanic went home early and they had no other mechanics on duty. They then sent me to another store that told me they were too busy to take me in that day. This whole process burned two hours out of my personal time and a lot of aggravation. I spent almost one hundred thousand dollars last year at these stores. I will gladly take my business elsewhere.

CTH8R

#388:

Dave V.: I went to Canadian Tire yesterday in Chatham, ON to buy a 5 litre jug of ROUND-UP. Now that there is a new Ontario bylaw in place, this stuff has to be locked in a cabinet. I contacted one of the clerks that worked there and told her I wanted a 5 litre jug of Round-Up and she told me she had no key for the cabinet. She got on her walkie talkie and contacted the person who did have the key to unlock the cabinet and told me she will be right here sir.........Well 20 minutes went by...still no girl to unlock the cabinet. After half an hour I said screw it and walked out and went to TSC to buy my Round-Up. I was in and out in 5 minutes and it was 5.00 cheaper for the 5 litre jug than Canadian Tire. NEVER AGAIN WILL I SET FOOT IN A CANADIAN TIRE STORE....

CTH8R

#389:

Mikila W.: Just had a horrible customer service experience with canadian tire. Tried to buy a bbq off you guys last weekend was told they were out of stock on the one that I wanted but a near by store had 5. So we went to that store just to be told by the staff there that the deal on the grill was exclusive to the last location we were at and did not even bother looking into the differences in price (approx $100)... no one told us this at the first store or else we would have not gone out of the way or bothered going to the other store. From now on I will be taking my business to lowes or home depot that honour their sales chain wide or at least divulge to you before wasting your time if they won't. Not Impressed!

CTH8R

A 'little gnome fact' posted in response to a gardening ad:

#390:

Nancy W.: Canadian Tire is the worst retailer out there! No refunds or exchanges without a receipt? Come on!?! We will NEVER shop Canadian Tire again! Join in on our quiet protest! Power to the consumer!

CTH8R

#391:

Michelle G.: I agree Gerrit, the level of poor customer service is very disappointing, I will not be shopping here again...off to the big box stores!

CTH8R

#392:

Well, not completely quiet:

Nancy W.: Don't shop at this store. They don't care about you or your fishing trip or your Dad's gift. They only care about money. The quiet boycott continues! Power to the consumer!

CTH8R

#393:

Wayne S.: I bought a snow blower at c t. But it was defected and ct would not help me. Had to junk it. I will not even go there ever again.

CTH8R

#394:

Jim C,: I have always done a lot of business in your store.Not any more.They really screwed me over on US exchange rate.

CTH8R

#395:

Sergio M. N.: I went to one store location, they kept me there one hour before eventually telling me the mechanic went home early and they had no other mechanics on duty. They then sent me to another store that told me they were too busy to take me in that day. This whole process burned two hours out of my personal time and a lot of aggravation. I spent almost one hundred thousand dollars last year at these stores.
I will let principle rule, and take my business elsewhere.

CTH8R

#396:

File under "incompetent":

Christina R.: Hello, I wanted to share an unfortunate incident that took place recently at your Newmarket, ONT location. Yesterday evening I dropped off my car at the Canadian Tire auto service desk to get my tires changed. Two hours later I return to get my car. It appeared the work had been done but the employees couldnt find my car keys anywhere. 3 employees spent about half an hour searching drawers to find my keys - still no keys. They tell me to come back tomorrow when the manager is on duty, that he will figure everything out. Car-less and frustrated, I call a friend to come pick me up. I call first thing this morning and explain to a man named Jay. He calls me back later telling me that my keys are there and that the name was saved under "Tore", which is not my last name. "So it was a system error then?" I say. "Do you possibly have a shuttle to come get me?"... "No" he says, "it wasnt our fault. How are we supposed to know what name it would be saved under?"
......I am sure you can understand my frustration at this point. You had ONE job, which has been a major inconvenience, and now you are going to be rude about it? As I'm explaining this to Jay he continues to talk over me. I couldnt believe it. I say I have no car so I will now need to take a cab over there, the number should have been under my phone #. He gets angry starts YELLING at me and then HANGS UP THE PHONE ONE ME. Yes, true story.

I have never experience such poor customer service in my entire life. This man was the most unprofessional, childish person I have EVER come across in a customer service capacity. I guess it is true when they say dont service your car where you buy your tools as I will never be dealing with Canadian Tire again. My intent in writing this is not to bash the Canadian Tire as a whole, but please pass on this experience to the manager of this store as it is very evident that the employees in the service department in Newmarket, ONT need extensive training in customer service and systems processing. This is a silly error that could be avoided and forgotten about with a simple "I apologize".

CTH8R

#392:

Well, not completely quiet:

Nancy W.: Don't shop at this store. They don't care about you or your fishing trip or your Dad's gift. They only care about money. The quiet boycott continues! Power to the consumer!

More from Nancy:

Nancy W.: Too late now! We bought a spray can of paint. Didn't work. Tried to EXCHANGE it. They said nope?? Hubby left it behind and walked out if the Cedarbrae Mall store. Bought defective boots from Rylander store. Owner wad rude. Head office customer care says owners rule?? We will never never never never shop at Canadian Tire again AND I told them we would start a quiet boycott! Power to the consumer!