CTH8R

#525:

Yves C.: when to canadian tire for shopping around to found good deals on shovel, so bought two, to find out at cash was price wrong they where 14.99, told the lady they are at 9.99, they check i was right, then she say could only get one for that price , i was really surprice on this,,, never should i ve gone there i guess, next day at walmart they where at 9.99, , when i t s price wrong they should sell at price then fix the probem, for 4 dollard they lost me, i wanted to buy a tool box chest, well sorry will no longer think of canadian tire a place for me, sorry, gone elswhere,,,tjhs

CTH8R

Close:

Andrew S.H.: Canadian Tire.

My name is Andrew and I've been a loyal customer at 2900 Major Mackenzie Drive location in Markham, Ontario for a number of years. I've had my car serviced there many times and purchased tires a few times in the past.

This morning I had every intention of purchasing new tires and having them installed at your automotive centre but the overall customer experience was so bad that I'm now considering if I should give my business to another deserving location or if I just go somewhere else instead of Canadian Tire as a whole.

I first tried calling numerous times to this location's automotive dept only to have the line hang up or be answered by someone who couldn't even do a inventory look up. Then I finally got through to a guy named Frank and when I explained my slightly irritated experience he was very short in his tone and even going as far as to tell me unless I could provide him the exact size of the tire, he wouldn't be able to look up available tires based on the make/model of my car...which is complete BS because all other garages ask for that instead of just the tire size...so this tells me either Frank is completely uneducated in terms of automotive service or was being hard to deal with purposely.

I'm hoping something can be done to restore my expectations of the customer service that I once had before of helpful, knowledgable and service oriented staff. I'd like to stay a loyal customer to Canadian Tire, but this experience is making me reconsider it.

CTH8R

All the way:

#526:

Mumzey M.: Bent The service department at your Hunterhorn location in Calgary AB is very tardy, disorganized and rude! I will never give your company my money or business again and will never recommend anyone to use your service department. The manager on duty has absolutely no manners and does not know the first rule of good customer service! I will definitely be writing a review on your company. I am sure I am not the first and will NOT be the last.

CTH8R

#527:

Sean K. S: sale prices are not realistic, doubling the price of a product before putting it on sale just so you can show it as half off or even as much as 70% isn't fooling anyone! it's deceitful and wrong! shame on CT for taking advantage of it's costumers in this way! your "red thurs, black fri, and cyber sale" flyers are full of lies! we are done with this company.

CTH8R

"'Tis the Season, To Join The Boycott, Fra-la-la-la, La-la-la-la!"

#528:

Rob K.: I have been on hold waiting for customer service for an hour and 20 minutes ...I am still on hold. I have tried calling on my land line too however still Nothing. This is a horrible experience as even my other credit card companies DO NOT TAKE near as long. I will be cancelling my card and will not shop at your store any more....because of this

CTH8R

Love these hash tags!

#529:

Joshua A J M.: So I buy an expensive pair of Night Vision Binoculars from Canadian Tire and I get home open up the box to find that its the wrong product (The lowest model of the version I wanted) and the product was damaged and did not even work.. I try to exchange it or get my money back and they told me they couldn't even tho i bought the item yesterday....
#CanadianTireRipOff #CanadianTire #BuyerBeware #DontShopAtCanadianTire

CTH8R

So many boycotters, so many different reasons.

#530:

Sharon Arner Quinn What do you get when a store like Canadian Tire no longer carries Nativity Scenes because they may offend someone. People that do not believe in contraception still go to pharmacies. They've lost my business and I hope that everyone that reads of their new policy decides that they don't need to do business with that type of Company. Politically correct?? NO Canadian Tire is whats offensive with their policy.

CTH8R

"~Oh, the cust'mer service is frightful~ ..."

#531:

Cory F.: I use to buy everything at canadian tire but they riped me off and now i wont even go through there doors....i guess its there loss.

CTH8R

Sounds like the dreaded Repair Only Warranty has claimed yet another victim:

532:

Gord S.: NEVER EVER SHOP AT CANADIAN TIRE. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR MERCHANDISE. I bought my son a PROSCAN tablet on Sunday morning. We took it home, charged it, plugged it in, and it didnt work properly. The operating system crashed. So, I took the bill, and all the ORIGINAL PACKAGING back to the store, and was flatly refused a refund, or to even echange the item by some 18 year old snot nose girl. then the manager comes along, a big guy, 6 feet, 275 pounds, thinks he can push the customers around, and I started to argue with him. The item wasnt "used", it was tried and found to be defective. The return policy states that an item can be returned within 90 days of purchase in the orginal packaging and with the receipt. There is a big sign at the returns counter (in french) saying this and yet they still refused. I guess I was lucky to get a gift card in the amount of the purchase. I can say one thing: ONCE THAT CARD IS USED UP, MY ASSOCIATION AND LOYALTY TO CANADIAN TIRE IS OVER. I will go to the small mom and pop shop for my car parts, and the small tool guy for tools and hardware, BECAUSE THEY CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. Thank you.

CTH8R

#533:

Michael M.: I no longer shop at CTC. I got tired of being followed and harrassed by the "reps" that try to get you to apply for a credit card. They follow you from the entrance, start with some smalltalk, then are relentless in trying to get you to apply for a card. I don't need that. I'll go somewhere else...

CTH8R

A long-time boycotter:

#534:

Trevor M.: Worst customer service retail store, employees do not know product, worst reward points program (used to be the best), bad store hours, horable corporate polocies. I teach my children to stay clear of this store!

CTH8R

#535:

Shelley Y.L.: They suck and do not help you after you have bought something from them do not shopping there bad service

CTH8R

#536:

Imma S.: On the day they told him to go home for saying Merry Christmas... He
pointed to a poster they had up that had MERRY CHRISTMAS on it... They
took it down.. after sending him home! Doesn't matter I and many
others have seen the Poster and I think it is very hypercritical of
them! I won't be shopping at any of Your Stores again! So, in saying that... there is only one thing left to say... MERRY CHRISTMAS CANADIAN TIRE!!!

CTH8R

#537:

Gord Goddard So you suspend a kid from work in Sudbury because he says Merry Christmas and it's not politically correct! Nice job... I thought you were the "Christmas store" yeah right! I will never shop at your store again!!!

CTH8R

#538:

Eunice M.: Interesting. We were similarly treated by staff at the Grandview location in Vancouver. This Christmas PR move is lovely but obviously the customer service culture at CT needs work. Our family won't go near the place. Ever.

CTH8R

#539:

Michael P.W.: They would not accept are trend item , even implying I was a liar and a cheat.

returned item

I will never shop at Can Tire again

CTH8R

#540:

Mark E.: ... yeah agree the sales help is horrible and whats with the product not working to get a refund you have to go to the store where you purchased it from. last year with the power failure proved Canadian Tire is the place not to shop at , wrong information and rude staff.

CTH8R

I would have thought there'd be more boycotts reported, after the spam about Crappy Tire being able to actually fix something, like Santa's sleigh.

Certainly, there are a lot of Canadians who reported boycotting their crappy dis-service centers.

But there weren't a lot who said they boycott the stores, too.

Here's one I found, amidst the tsunami of horror-stories:

#541:

John Westcott good thing it was there . they didnt help us in huntsville a year ago on xmas eve , turned us away they did ..will never shop there again

Last edited:

CTH8R

#542:

Sarah R.: Just went to return an item which i bought Yesterday only to discover it was missing pieces. after waiting in line, i got to the counter and was told "Christmas items are final sale, which is written on the receipt and it is my duty to inform myself" ... i was never told it would be final sale, and i do not want to exchange it at this point i am disappointed and want my money back. i bought it yesterday thinking that since its in a box it must have all its pieces. me reading the receipt means i have already bought the item, so thats not very helpful since at that point its already too late to change my mind.
i have worked in retail customer service for many years for several stores, and in my experience if a customer is not made aware of restrictions or the item is sold broken, exceptions are made.

my exception was VERY rude customer service and begrudgingly granting me store credit (minus the 10cent Canadian tire money). I am very disappointed with this experience and will not be returning to Canadian Tire in the future.

CTH8R

Christine L.: That's the Canadian tire way..hope when you call the number, you get more satisfaction then my friend who was ripped off by there 3 day sale..