CTH8R

#544:

Kelley B.B.: I wouldn't waste time emailing Canadian Tire CS dept. They must get so many complaint emails that they can't keep up, either that or they don't give a rip. My complaint wasn't battery related, but the handling by our local store manager coupled with the lack of response from Canadian Tire Corporate have turned me off the store for good.

CTH8R

Crappy Tire - now with 545 reasons to boycott them:

#545:

Paul T.: ABOUT CANADIAN TIRE:
Saint-Jean sur Richelieu, january 7, 2015, 9:30 am
Went to Canadian Tire this morning to purchase a few things, a can
opener, lock d-icer and a agenda....I was directed by a salesperson to
proceed by the cash registers since the Agendas were in the racks. I
asked a saleslady as to where to locate the "agendas"..she replied we
only have the english version....I replied, that's fine I can read and
write english as well as french....But sir, I cannot sell you
the english version...it's against the law...??????? even the store
manager claimed it was illegal to sell the english version of the
agenda, because it was a government issued law.....I am pissed, we buy
things from China, Korea, U.S., Japan, Russia and any other countries,
per the fair trade agreement. Instructions are either in english/french,
some are just in hebrew, or mandarin....I just left the can opener, the
lock d-icer, the battery charger right there, and told the manager...I
am boycotting this store
for refusing to sell merchandise in english.
Please join me and speak your peace.

CTH8R

#546:

Ashley L.W.: Don't EVER waste money at Canadian Tire.

Spent $500 plus taxes and other items on excersice equipment last night.. garunteed I can return it.

Parts are missing and broken. Now they refuse to refund me only exchange for the same bike.. (yeah because i want another crappy qulity bike...)

Thanks for nothing CT. Will never waste money in your store again.

CTH8R

Jenn K.: Worst customer service. Also your new carts are not practical. I always have my kid when I shop. No room for child in the cart let alone his heavy car seat he is still in. Also I asked the cashier to empty an old buggy, being used to hold returned items. I was told to do it myself because she was "busy". Thank you Canadian tire for making me spend my money else where and not supporting a Canadian company.

CTH8R

#548:

Tim P.: Canadian Tire it is weird that you deleted my employment problem post . Now i see i was right as i got no reply , great customer service work . As i said before ,never will i shop their ever again . And i will continue to smear this company in the future .........for the way they treat people ...........sickening

CTH8R

#549:

Lynda-Mae: Don't shop at this store they treated my daughter like garbage cause she had a flat tire in the parking lot they wouldn't even come out and help her ...she had to get my son in law to leave work and help her put on her spare ...so we are going to Good Year for a new tire ... Customer service ?

Last edited:

CTH8R

#550:

Liam W.: I bought the most expensive "top of the line" Ninja Blenders at the Spruce Grove location and when I tried to return it two days later because the thing blew up and poured smoked from rear after 3 smoothies and a half a batch of soup, and was told that Canadian Tire won't do a refund on a used kitchen appliance.
Sooooo. ..I have to know that it's broken before I use it?? That makes no sense..
I didn't want to exchange, because the product is obviously not built for what I intended to use it, and there isn't another comparable product. Now I only shop at Costco and Home Depot.

CTH8R

#559:

Ron K: pretty sad that I phoned the number you told me too and apparently there's nothing that can be done because Canadian tire of course made the decision not to do anything about it because it went very high up and then nothing was done so you people decided to close the file NICE TO KNOW HOW CANADIAN TIRE TREATS ITS CUSTOMERS AND EVEN LONG STANDING EMPLOYEES I'LL BE CONTACTING THE LABOUR BORED AND GETTING A LABOUR LAWYER NOW SO I CAN PROVE THAT YOUR MANAGER DIDNT DO HIS DUE DILIGENCE IN THE MATTER. nice to know that you guys wont honour WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE dont go to canadian tire people don't support a company that doesnt care I'm so sick of this crap.

CTH8R

#552:

Stephanie W.: wow really no thanks Canadian Tire is one of the worst stores ever. Bad customer service and when I sent in complaints about it...what did I get? Nothing in return, no email nada. Even to the point of one of your staff putting my sons life in danger when they "fixed" his bike but when he rode it down the street in mid day traffic the handle bars came off...please. I will take my business else where. Oh and btw my first post would post due to the restrictions on this page...that is too funny...apparently they don't want to hear the truth about their independently owned stores....

CTH8R

#553:

Eileen C: Well I had a somewhat bad experience with Canadian Tire here inThunder Bay, Ontario, my tire on my 2012 Ford Fusion was nearly flat so CT. Was right across the road from where I was shopping so I went in to the shop area for help & a girl that makes appointments came out & told me I didn't belong there, so I explained to her what the problem was & she said I would have to make an app. To get air in my tire & I was about 3 or 4 miles from home & I'm 70 years old, so I got my Grandaughter to help me out. Thank-you for nothing Canadian Tire of Thunder Bay. You'll never catch me there again, wouldn't even help the elderly by putting some air Ina tire & I tell told this story to everyone I know & they tell me their horror story of you too. It's not looking good for YOU.

CTH8R

#554:

Debbie Prenda I will never buy anything at Canadian Tire again. I had a very bad experience one year ago and contacted the costumer service department and it was a joke.

CTH8R

#555:

Tim P.P.: One better , Canadian Tire did not reply and that is what i expected .......will never have anything to do with the store ever again .....by not replying they just proved my point ...........

CTH8R

Soooooo close ... To. A. Boycott.

It's fun, so I'll post it, and see what people think:

Sardar S.: Hello (life worst & funny experience)
today (3/09/15) i was in your store #175 buying some sleeping bags and other products after picking my stuff i went to cashier and ask for price match she send me to customer service call the manager
I was trying to match the price with Store #346 manager paul was on duty he said its out of radius cant match. and we are talking about only $2.00 in difference I said OK you should match it because same Canadian tire store.
i was waiting at customer service to pay while I read big sign of your match policy match and beat by 10% i call customer service they said yes he should match and beat the price because the radius is 250 km he talk to paul they hang up the phone after paul said I only match no beat I said no need to match I pay the full price when I told him about 250 km he said I am not aware of that and at this time the customer service dept is closed he try to call them again as a manager he can't take a decision I did the payment and walk out for the store I put stuff in my car.
FUNNY PART
now it's 9 pm and store is closed I came back knock the front door call for paul. Paul came i told paul its not about money it's your policy you are selling the sleeping bag for 41.93 and the other store is for 39.99 now can you check your receipt and tell me what is wrong with it he look at the receipt and ask me what I bought 5 sleeping bags and they charge me for only 1 bag i came back to pay you for 4 sleeping bags after you give me a really hard time .his reply thanks call the cashier and asked how many bags he bought he said 5 and you charge him for only 1 this guy come back to pay us $200 dollars
if it's any other big store rona or home depot first thing they will do sir thank you for your honesty here is the $100 gift certificate or I will match and beat the price for you but at Canadian tire store its different
paul void the transaction charge me again for right amount and said thank you i asked him at least give me the price match and beat he said no i don't have the power to do all stores have separate owners i cant even give $1 discount at first i pay 125.65 for my transaction came back and now I paid 315.17
If the Closing Store Managers can't take the decisions in the store than you should have the policy that the owner stay in the store all the time or someone who can take the decisions who have the authority.
I don't think I would like to go back to the store like Canadian tire again where they can't oner their own stores prices and have no customer service at all

Last edited:

CTH8R

Pretty close, also, on the New Year's Resolution thread Crappy started:

Brent D.: yup only shop with you once so far

CTH8R

#556:

Jason D.: nah this store is nothing but a walmart on bad steroids ill pass there are better places to shop

CTH8R

#557 from https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/c...eg-mb/1019-loyal-customer-not-any-longer.html :

Took my car in for a tire repair. At 5:30 when the garage will close at
9:00 PM the service guy says, "don't know if we can fit you in, we have a
truck getting 5 tires ahead of you". Do the best you can, I said hopefully.
After taking my information, I'm informed that there is a $21 dollar charge
if we can't fix your tire and you choose not to replace it. Bells, and
flashing Lights should have been going off in my head when he said this -
but what the hell - it's a flat tire .... fix the flat and get on with it.

Around 8:00 PM I get a call: "Your tire can't be fixed - the screw is too
close to the side wall". And we can't put any air in the tire because the
valve is shot. The front two tires are down to the wear bars - so you
really should do all 4 tires. Remember the guy that couldn't get a flat
fixed in 3 1/5 hours is now ready to do four tires in the next hour.

The warning bells went off when he told me he couldn't even put air into a
valve, or that the valve can't be replaced. Apparently there was no way to
either use or repair the valve without replacing the whole tire.

PUT THE TIRE back on the car I'm coming down to pick it up! The tire was
not on the car when I got down. Now I thought that maybe they hadn't
replaced the tire because they wanted to show me the tire, but they never
did offer to do that.

They did have 6 pages of repairs they were ready to do, including replacing
the factory installed fog light that they didn't know if they can match. I'm
sure one day I'll get down there and find out that there is a loose wire.
No just give me my car back - would you like the spare put on - sure - OK
that will be $36 - hold on I thought it was $21 - that would be putting the
original tire back on - if I want the spare put on this higher level of
service is apparently worth $15. OK I'm good with the original tire. Out
the door with tax I'm now at almost $30.

Stopped at the first place I could and used the air hose on the tire which
seemed to take air for me. The next day the car was taken to my mechanic
with whom I normally deal with. He had the tire off - and repaired in under
30 minutes. Total cost $15 and tax. Was the screw too close to the
side-wall - nope - dead smack in the middle of the tire. Any problem with
the valve - nope holds and accepts air without issue.

So now I'm a little displeased - and send a complaint to the 1-800 customer
service line and to the BBB. The customer service people understand why I'm
upset and will have the store contact me. They called home while I was at
work - they would call back another time - guess what never did get that
call.

The BBB took all the details - which in fairness they forwarded on to the
company. I received the response back from the company yesterday - a long
winded explanation all about the front 2 tires worn - which was never in
contention. They then repeated that the repair was too close to the side
wall and they would be liable if they repaired the tire and then something
happened. They could not control what my friend had done.

You know - if at the end of the day the Service Manager had simply written
it up as a professional difference of opinion on if the tire could be
repaired or if it should be replaced I could understand that.

But the Service Manager personally attacked both me and the garage I use.

1) He attacks the garage that did the repair by implying that he has done
something wrong. The guy is a legitimate service garage - operating under
the same rules as Canadian Tire. While I get along with my mechanic - and I
do trust him - if there was a problem he and his garage would be just as
liable as CT so I don't think he would do anything that would put him in
that situation nor would I ask him to.

2) He states that he knows me and that his staff have had dealings with me
in the past and I'm a belligerent customer. I'm willing to bet that I could
stand beside this man and he wouldn't know me to say hi. I've never met the
man. Truth be told, up until this event I never really had a complaint
about CT, which is why I took my car there in the first place. IN THE PAST
I've been treated fairly.

So wow - where did that come from - sure when you deal with the store they
ask for your telephone number which I guess in the long run will create a
customer history. So yup you got me buddy, I have in the past been a
customer in your store. I've purchased things like batteries, and tires,
along with a long assortment of other goodies. In fact, without adding up
all of the bills in the past year or years....I've spent a pretty good dime
in your store. I've bought tools, lawn and garden supplies, camping and
kitchen items. You know what, I've pretty much bought something from each
and every department in your store.

But don't worry about all that. Because as of the moment I opened your
reply - I will NEVER spend another dime in your store. Nor will I spend
money in any other Canadian Tire. EVER!

Do you have any idea how much your company spends on advertising in any
given year trying to attract customer dollars. I'm willing to bet every
week you and your fellow managers attend sales meetings where you discuss
how to drive up business. The retail market is very tight.

I would like to let you know, my wife and I fit nicely into the double ,
middle income tax bracket which I'm sure someone in marketing wants to
attract. We own a home and a cottage and all the good things that comes
with that. We keep 7 cars in the family going. With children that are
ready to move out very soon so you can imagine all the goodies that goes to
helping them, you know coffee makers right on down to lawn mowers and snow
blowers.

So this is the gift that keeps giving, because not only will I not shop in
your store, none of my family members will be shopping in your store.

CTH8R

#558:

Andrew G.: Canadian Tire is a joke of a company! The worst customer service experience I've ever encountered. And the manager was no better to deal with. When I made my complaint to their customer relations department they said I'd hear back from the store owner in a couple of days......a week later and I still haven't heard from anyone! In such a competitive marketplace, one would think that they'd have more concern over customer satisfaction......I guess they don't really care! I won't spend another dollar at any Canadian Tire location, and when they disappear just like Zellers, Target, and Kmart - hopefully they'll look back and think - all we had to do is to service our loyal customers better! I always went to Canadian Tire before going to Home Depot or Wal-mart .......but no more!

Sorry for my rant-disgruntled and loyal Canadian Tire ex-customer.

---

Andrew G.: I already did this when I spoke to a person with your customer relations department.....a detailed explanation of what occurred on March 17th should be on file. The young lady said that the owners would be in contact with me within the next couple of days......it's been 11 if you count today! Poor service, poor response, and poor customer relations! You have my name, check to see how much I've bought and services of Canadian Tire I've used over last 20 years.

CTH8R

#559:

Maureen H.H.: I stopped being a customer after installing a Cnd tire brand battery in my vehicle that fried my electrical system. Had it inspected by an expert who said the battery was faulty and overloaded the alternator. Burned through 3 before they discoveed the problem. Went to Cnd Tire and the person at Cnd tire put a volt meter on the battery and said it was fine. Even that told me they are idiots. Head office guy was just as stupid saying it was impossivle, despite my expert "testimony" from an automotive electrical expert and the general mechanic who was doing the work who consulted the electrical guy. They denied any responsibility and left me 1000 in the hole between repairs and rental. NEVER BUY A BATTERY FROM CANADIAN TIRE. They are hacks no matter if they have good people working for them or not the company does NOT stand by their products or collateral damage. They are Jacks of all trades and masters of none!!!

CTH8R

#560:

John Vellinga WARNING - NEVER, EVER buy a car battery at Canadian Tire.
You won't believe this story! I got a new battery from them in June of last year (9 months ago) after the last one crapped out early (3.5 years into the 5 year warranty). I had to pay a pro-rated replacement (3.5/5) for the battery. Fair enough. Now the new one craps out 15% of the way through its alleged life span. Guess what they tell me? "Oh no, your warranty dates from the original purchase. So you are now almost at 5 years, so you might as well just buy a new one." After NINE FREAKIN months?!?! I was incredulous. "That is REALLY your policy??? That's completely unreasonable, not to mention un-fair".
They said, "Sorry. Would you like a new battery?".
"Um, NO! And I won't be shopping in your store anymore either". I walked out. Nobody cared. I guess they have never heard of social media.

And I used to work for the company. Sad to see how crappy it has gotten.