CTH8R

#612:

From C.T.C. POLICY IS TO NOT SUPPLY SERVICE TO INDIVIDUALS | Gripevine

I live in an isolated area of North Vancouver, which requires accessing by boat only. Not only does it take a little more time to get into town, but of course adds cost. I happened upon an advertisement for a pair of hiker shoes on sale at CTC. I went on line and discovered that the local store only had one pair in my size, and could not be bought on line. I then called the store wanting them to put a hold on the shoes for me and wanted to pu the shoes the following day, but was told bluntly that because they were on sale, and that the sale was ending that day, that CTC policy would not allow them to hold the shoes, that I would have to make a special trip that day or forget it. The manager (lol) finally agreed to hold them until six, but if someone else wanted them she would sell them. She (Lizzi Kalasnikova) told me the reason they would not hold was because sometimes people did show up so the policy was instituted to not hold. Wow I was a good customer spending thousands a year at CTC, but assumed to be a liar, even after explaining the difficulty making a special trip. Hard for me to believe that someone in a management position could insult a customer like that. I needed the shoes so I made the trip and got the shoes, but I wont be looking to shop there again, perhaps if CTC used more mature people (instead of children) their customer service would improve to at least satisfactory.

CTH8R

#613:

Canadian Tire No Service for you! | Gripevine

I limped my car in to get the leak in the driver side front tire fixed. I explained to the Srvice Advisor about the issue and if I can have it looked at. He told me not tonight we have only one mechanic on(staffing your store not my problem). I was totally appalled at his response with no follow up or HE could look at it! I asked him for any options and he directed me to another store too far away. I am here ... I managed to make it here ...now fix the problem. There was another irate customer before me and he told me to get a tire patch kit... It would be faster! I walked out of there totally disgusted and angry. Swore never to shop at Canadian Tire again!

CTH8R

#614:

Anthony S.:

Your a bunch of crooks. anyone thinking of shopping at Canadian Tire feel free to contact me and I will be happy to explain how crooked and poor they service is

CTH8R

#616:

Canadian Tire Mastercard signed Robert Corlett of Angus Ontario Canada | Gripevine

Let me introduce myself-- I am a retired Honourable Canadian Military Vet. Served 19 years before being medical released. Still serve as a civilian in support of my military family.
I will no longer spend another penny of my hard earned dollars in a company that allows there name on a card and let the mastercard people dictate who gets what for credit. I recently tried to increase my limit due to an unforseen spell of expences that i did not have enough money saved for from $500 to $1000. It was declined and after asking for specific reasons why they just said it could be any number of factors they did not have to explain why. Now i own more than half of my house and just renewed my Mortgage at a preferred rate of 2.1% for 5 years. I own the property that is not tied to the house property outright mortgage free.
Every year I get all my car repairs---winter wise and summerwise the oil exchanges as well spend $1000's on basic home needs and wants. THIS STOPS NOW!!!!-----I CANNOT in all conscience figure out why they would do this and when i talked to a supervisor at the Master Card she simply said I needed to do whatever i needed to do but they let a computer decide how much credit a person gets and if you are in deep and dire most CANADIAN TIRE Mastercard won't be there for you. -----THANKS BUT NO THANKS. This is written on the 16 of February and i will give them 1 week to call me back or E-Mail me at Bunckybear2@hotmail.ca and tell me what they are willing to do to get my buisness back. I Intend to to take a full page add out in the Toronto Star to ask them should they not read this and offer up a reconciliation with an extrealy disappointed FORMER customer.

- See more at: Page Not Found | Gripevine

CTH8R

#617:

CANADIAN TIRE: I SHALL (NOT) RETURN!! | Gripevine

Dear Mr Medline, CEO,

I would like to see you change the policy on refunds, especially for products that don't work, right out of the box.

I went to your store looking for a LED flashlight. There was an expensive one at $19.00 and a number of cheaper ones around $12 or less.

I thought this time I'll buy the good one, hoping I'd assured myself of a more reliable LED flashlight.

But flashlight was finicky and would not always turn on. I returned the item 20 MINUTES later where a sales associate suggested I had put the batteries in backwards. He demonstrated the correct way and began turning the flashlight on and off making sure customers well understood who was delaying their checkout.

Surprised, I took the batteries out and back in again, showing the sales associate I had 'mastered' his fine technique of loading batteries. And....THE FLASHLIGHT DIDN'T WORK! For me or for him. I insisted on my money back and was refused again and directed to the fine print.

Sir, I've wondered Canadian Tire stores every where I go in Canada since the age of 4 (I'm 63 years old). I can't tell you how much money I've spent at your store in that time. But I can tell you I will not share my merits with Canadian Tire any longer.

There is a reason why The Bay accepts returned merchandise for credit. I suggest you learn it.

But in the meanwhile, Mr. Medline, I will exercise my freedom of speech and insure this letter gets posted in relevant consumer sites throughout the internet.

- See more at: Page Not Found | Gripevine

CTH8R

#618:

Scumbag Tricks Me With a "Survey" | Gripevine

I was approached by a sleazy sack of trash at Canadian Tire in Kingston, ON (Princess Street location). He proceeded to offer me the chance to win $2,500 in store credit as long as I completed a "short survey". I agreed and was taken to a funky little touch screen station. All it did was ask me for personal information. Out of the 25 questions, maybe three or four were related to the store, and amounted to "how often do you shop here and what type of crap do you like to buy"? The "short" survey took about 15 minutes to complete. Thinking I was free and clear, I expected to get my online code or ticket or tattoo, etc. so that I could enter the contest. Nope. The guy started talking about the benefits of "our card". At first, he made it sound like a membership card. Then, when he asked me what my income was, that's when I put on the brakes. He then admitted it was a CREDIT CARD. I told him my credit card debts were currently in consolidation thanks to dumb past spending habits. Part of my agreement with this non-profit company is that I am not to own a credit card, let alone apply for one. The man said not to worry. He gave me the paperwork and said I could apply at any time if I wanted. Keep in mind I wanted to run, but the S.O.B. kept the pressure on, and I just felt awkwardly trapped. Fair enough. I let the baby have his bottle, took the paperwork home and shredded it. Five days later, a card arrived. Needless to say, I now have some explaining to do with my credit counselor, since it would appear slick McGee signed me up anyway. Well, the card is cut up into a million pieces. My only regret is that I can't send the pieces back to this person in an envelope, along with a pile of my rancid feces. I'll never shop at Canadian Tire again. - See more at: Page Not Found | Gripevine

CTH8R

#620:

Canadian Tire St. Thomas, Ontario Store | Gripevine

I went into the Canadian Tire Store in St. Thomas Ontario yesterday Dec. 28, 2014 and browsed the Christmas Trees. They were on sale for 60% off. I found a tree I really liked and looked at the price. $159.99 was the sale price. When looking at the tag, I noticed that the original price of the tree was $399.99, then I saw that it had been marked down to $299.99. After doing the math the 60% off didn't match the last listed price of $299.99 so I asked a sales associate about it. He explained to me that the 60% off was for the Original price.
This is the Very FIRST time in my entire adult life have I come across a company who marks and item down, then puts it on sale only to make the sale off the original price. This is NOT right. ALL sales are usually from the last listed price. I told the sales associate that because they didn't want to do anything about correcting the problem that he just lost a sale.
I called the manager today Dec. 29, 2014 to register my complaint and got the same story. Now they have lost a customer. I told the manager not only did they lose a sale but now because of her rude attitude they have lost a customer and her reply was Okay..
I just wonder if ALL Canadian Tire associates are Okay with losing customers?.. Afterall, it's people like me who actually keep their sales up in the individual stores. Not anymore. They would have to Give me the Darn Tree for Free now in order to get myself and my family back to shopping at Canadian Tire. I will also spread the word about this store and how they manage and treat customers. - See more at: Page Not Found | Gripevine

CTH8R

#621:

a Canadian tire store charge a 79 year old man for shoplifting | Gripevine

A senior was looking a fish hook and saw something else and stuck the fish hooks in his pocket in his shirt. He put the other thing back and forgot that he had hooks in his pocket. He walked out the door. The loss prevention guy stopped him outside and brought him back in the store and charged him. The senior has only half his brain because of strokes and only 25% of his heart left. He does forget things and the Canadiantire store is so stupid for not giving the senior a break. I will never shop at a Canadian tire store again because they are so cruel to people's
That have been through serious situations with their health. Thanks a lot for treating this senior badly. - See more at: Page Not Found | Gripevine

CTH8R

#622:

Horrible Customer Service at Queen st e bramalea store | Gripevine

I went into to apply for a Canadian tire credit card with my husband the customer service girl Tanisha must have been having a bad day cause she was rude and not helpful at all. We filled out the appropriate paper work was told it take a hour to process and she would call us , so we left and came back 1.5 hrs with no call ??? When I approached the customer service desk she opened a drawer and slammed down the document and said your approved . Ok I asked why didn't you call us ? She just replied I was too busy . Ok wow . I guess it's not you beat interest to have ppl invest in the company ! With lazy and rude customer service agents . I asked to speak to a manager because at this point I was disgusted in the whole experience ! It got worst she said he was in a meeting and we must wait . Only to ask someone other store associate who went and got the manager after 20 mins wait and watching the manager pointing threw the office smoke glass window . He finally decided to come out and was on total Defense mode as soon as I expressed my disappointment with the experience I was having and defended the customer service rep by saying she is alway nice after he had to check to see who was working there . Wow he didn't even know who was working the desk !! Then I pointed out to him his lack of professionalism when he stalled to come out to speak with us for 20 mins not realizing we saw him threw the glass window and the fact that he was pointing at us all that time . This was the worst experience I have ever had with Canadian tire . You should really consider more professional ppl to represent your company ! I run a business and was there to by a $1000.00 dollar snow blower and well after this I will take my business else where ! I didn't need to this kind of poor customer service and ill professional managers to deal with !! He started to get all twisted when I confronted him on his hesitation to speak with us and rude ! I just walked away from him . He then shouted we don't need your business anyways !! I just said I'm sure your head office would be disappointed in that comment coming from you ! Good riddens !! - See more at: Page Not Found | Gripevine

CTH8R

#623:

From Poor Customer Service | Gripevine

The Day the flyer started I was waiting for the store to open to buy a winter tire wire and once in the store there is none where they stock them.It then took them over 60 days to get me one.I asked for the store owner to call me about this matter and he didn't even make the time to do so.I am very disappointed with how this matter was taken care of and I made sure to tell all my family,friends to not shop there.
One Unhappy Customer - See more at: Page Not Found | Gripevine

CTH8R

#624:

Furqan M.:

My worst customer service experience is from Canadian Tire. Stores flatly refuse to accept te return policy in the back of their invoices. No desire to help the customer.
Not making them my store for any of my future purchases.

Furqan M.: This is the part that made my experience even more unplasant. In store i asked for manager and he flat out refuse to help and told me to call the customer relation. I called customer relation and they told. Me to get in touch ith store manager. Customer relation show no interest in helping and told me that you have to deal with store.
And now you are telling me to call to register my complaint.

CTH8R

#625:

Gwen J.:

Canadian Tire in Sudbury......not the best story.......
I'm sorry to have to write a bad review, but my experience is one of significant safety that should be known. In June 2014, I was given a 2006 Mazda 5 from a friend. I was driving it from Ottawa to Calgary, with my grandmother in tow. As we were driving, I was not feeling great confidence in the breaks, so when I got to Sudbury, I stopped at Canadian Tire for them to do a road safety, top fluids and take a gander at the breaks. They came back to say there were no breaks and the car needed major repair. I was in Sudbury for 2 days and by the time all was done, I had paid over $1800. When I got to Calgary, I parked the car in my garage and there it sat for a year. In June 2015, I decided it was time for the out or province inspection and to get the car on the road. I'll never forget the look of fear on the mechanic's face. He said he could not pass the car.....the frame was too rusted. And fearfully shaking his head, he said the vehicle would not survive a crash, as he crushed his hands together like an accordion. For 12 mos. that vehicle sat in a warm garage. It was not used. I CANNOT believe that the mechanics at Canadian Tire on Regent Street in Sudbury, let my car sit in the air or two days, charged me for a road ready test and changed the breaks, but let me get on the road with a frame rusted beyond repair. The car has now been scrapped...... sold for parts only for $350.........I hope people read this review. I will never go to a Canadian Tire store (or affiliate) again. But at the very least, I hope no one ever uses the automotive department at this location again. The sheer negligence and greed is appalling.

CTH8R

#626:

Allison M.:

My husband brought our car in this morning to get the tires looked at , not only were your staff rude and "too busy" to help him they actually talked down to him about his request for an appointment... This will be the last time we ever have anything to do with your store

CTH8R

#627:

Ronnie V.: improve your return policy......how do you know something doesnt work if you cant open the packaging.....have not stepped foot in your store since.....and i wont

CTH8R

Partial ...

Phyllis W.: See ...Canadian Tire, you have a lot of work to do.....I think you need to think long and hard about these issues seen here. None of these are news to me......I hope you plan to use this to make REAL changes. The only reason I purchase anything from the store ( not the service dept) is because you are Canadian, and I try to always support Canadian businesses.

To Canadian Tire.... My incidents were too long ago and in two different cities......Kingston and Belleville .....I have moved on. It's just too frustrating (and expensive) to give it another chance.....I did go one other time to Canadian Tire for battery problems....I was given advise to buy a new battery. I went to the Walmart auto centre back to price batteries there.....he looked at my battery, cleaned and adjusted the clamps on the terminals, (no charge) and I am still using the same battery...if I'd stayed with Canadian Tire, I'd have a new battery.....just saying.....that was my LAST visit to your automotive center

CTH8R

Come on, Tamara: get off the fence!

Tamara R.: I've had two many shifty times in Canadian tire. One was when I took my car to be service, they wrecked a hose but didn't fix it or cover fixing it as it wasn't the part I had replaced. Then took my truck in for tire rotations and it's like they put on tired in worse shape then the ones I brought in. I bought a bike there and returned it after the second ride as the bike builder didn't tighten anything on the bike and on the second ride something snapped and it was "not under warranty". Etc. not happy at all with Canadian tire. I probably won't go back.

CTH8R

It looks like Ol' Crappy has taken to spamming innocent Canadians, in honour of our upcoming national birthday.

Well, I hope they like all the boycotts (along with hundreds of complaints!) they paid for, lol!

#628:

Teodor H.: Bought a huge truck for my 4yrs old son , spent 499$ ... After 3 months the battery wasn't charging . Couldn't find the statement of the purchase but had my credit card bill statement with the same amount on it and the same truck was still there on sell . Customer service didn't even make an attempt to help me ..... Since then .. Haven't been in Canadian tire store , horrible customer service.