CTH8R

Yup, the 'hits just keep comin', LOL!

#629:

Jakub C.: Interesting story, I went into Canadian Tire to return a faulty gas cap I bought just over a year ago. The girl at the customer service counter told me that it was just past the warranty period, and that's fine. I tried to tell her about how the product was defective and that I found it odd that they would allow me to leave so disappointed over policy. I tried to explain how it's not very good customer service and that I would communicate this to other people. I was cut off and told that they could care less about what I say after I leave the store and that policy is policy. I was also informed from the agent that I should shop elsewhere for parts since the quality of their products is poor. I give kudos to this rep for single handedly slandering the company they work for while enforcing a policy that they can't possibly respect. I will never buy another thing in this terrible store again!! I love Canada, but Canadian Tire gives this entire country a bad rap!! I say they rename it to Bargan Harrolds!! To that end, I have said my piece about this craphole store, let's see if it makes a difference....

Jakub C.: ... I have worked in a customer service capacity for MSN internet service in the US, at RMH in Brantford, I would never consider in my life, speaking to a customer in the way I was spoken to today! You have no idea how things went down and I guarantee you wouldn't be happy if it was you. I don't care that she couldn't do an exchange, could care less!! I am well aware of irate customers and what it's like to deal with unreasonable people. Like I said it's not like it was on the top of my priorities list... Nevertheless, karma will make it's way to you I'm sure. Enjoy the terrible customer service you're about to experience. Cheers ...

Last edited:

CTH8R

#630:

Rennie C.: Yes only go there if can't get it anywhere else, went to return a item one day and the lady at customer service treated like I was a criminal it was imbassaring to say the least. Thats the day I took my business to Wal-Mart and when you return stuff no questions asked.

CTH8R

#631:

Mustafa J.B.:eek: Canadian flag is the best in the world , Canadian Tire store is nothing but , since they bought mark wear House their service became nothing but , I use to shop at this ugly place and no more ever , they don't deserve to call that Store Canadian tire, they should call it baba sheep.

CTH8R

Ok, this one? Totally brand new ...

#632:

Wayne D.:

Your credit cards are apparently worthless, not accepted in USA. My friend couldn't use your card in a gas station pump in Detroit and was robbed. He was injured and could not work...and the vultures at your company keep harassing him because he is late in his payments. Well, he would still be working if he hadn't been stupid enough to have had a Canadian Tire MasterCard! You are worse than vultures to harangue him to pay. Shame on you. I will NEVER walk into a Canadian Tire store again!

CTH8R

#633:

Lee A.:

Yesterday I visited the Canadian tire on the west side of saskatoon. I specifically went to that location to pick up two 18 inch bike tire tubes. This store was unusually not busy for a Saturday. Much to my dismay, I could not find any of the 12 tire tubes that were apparently in stock. I walked around almost the entire store trying to find someone to help me before I finally went to the front to get someone. She called someone to help me and told me to go back to the bike section and someone would be right there. After waiting another 5 minutes I finally opened the door to the inventory room in the back to get someone to help me. The guy did try and help, however there were no tire tubes to be found. Not only did I waste fuel and time driving across the city for nothing, I wasted a whole bunch of unnecessary time in your store looking for inventory that wasn't there, and wastes a ton of time looking for help... Help that was specifically called for and never arrived. Not impressed. Poor customer service. Poor staff. Won't be returning. So frustrating.

CTH8R

Tick, tick, tick ...

Kiam N:

Oh ‪#‎CanadianTire‬! I keep coming back to your store (Guelph-Stone Road) so as to not spend my hard earned dollars with your American counterparts and help our Canadian business & economy grow, but I'm on the brink of giving up...lack of inventory, lack of customer reps, unhelpful & uninterested reps when I find one, and poor value make me wonder how long my loyalty should last, when the loyalty to the customer is clearly absent!? Why? May I add this is a repeat experience and not an isolated one...

CTH8R

Any bets on whether Tim A. takes the plunge?

Tim A.: Hey Canadian Tire, love how your tire guarantee says free installation on your website in big, bold letters when I went online to buy tires Canadian Tire yet when I called the Canmore store after purchase, it wasn't actually free, but more like $23 dollars a tire. Class act. If this isn't resolved, i can guarantee I will never return, the difference is, my guarantee isn't a lie.

CTH8R

#634:

Desiree T.:

Had a really terrible experience at your Sunrise (Kitchener) location. After several bad experiences here, I have continued to give my business to Canadian Tire because I would prefer to support a Canadian company whenever possible. I can't continue to do this after it has been made clear that customer loyalty and service is not a priority of yours. I will need to make a few changes, as I also have a CT credit card, and purchase my gas from you, however, at this point, it must be done out of principle. Really a shame to see, when you could have made my experience great with less energy than it took to make it as disappointing as it turned out.

CTH8R

In honour of Canada Day, Crappy decided to rip off customers, and lose ...

#635:

Ted C.:

I just paid $25 to have a 38# BBQ tank filled here in NB. For those of you who don't know propane prices are at an all time low and some producers are actually paying to have it taken away. Because of an insane loophole here by the Energy & Utilities Board retailers can charge whatever they want when filling BBQ or any other size propane cylinders.
Other retailers in the area are charging $12 or approx .67 per litre, your price on my receipt is 1.25 per litre. Shame on you for taking advantage of this loophole and gouging John Q. Public. That was my last trip into any CT....ever.

cantosmith

I would give up. Just because they have Canadian in there name does not make the a local company. On the other hand some of the so called American competitors are listed on the stock exchange and are probably owned by more Canadians than Canadian tire. Canadian tire sucks a dreadful company should not be allowed to use the name Canadian sends a bad message to the rest of the world. I would throw Air canada in as well. The government should be able to sell the name like nhl stadiums do. If you don't measure up you lose the right to use the name

CTH8R

#636:

Moira C.:

We have a Canadian Tire MasterCard and recently received a phone call from Canadian Tire Financial Services informing us that they were increasing their interest rate by 5% in 60 days. How does that happen? I could understand it on a customer to customer basis, ie credit risks paying more, but in the years we've had this card, if there's a balance we've never missed a payment and always paid way more ten what was due. They said that they have been undercharging for years and now have to increase their revenues. What are the credit card laws? Can they do this? 5% increases at one time seems excessive and just plain wrong!

Moira C.: They just lost a REALLY good customer.

CTH8R

637 reasons:

John S.:

Bought winter tires from CTC and was told they changed winters to summers as part of your sale for free. Now I'm told they want $80 to switch them. Just another ripoff by big business in canada. Phoned their head office about it and they say policy has changed. I will not buy anything from CTC again

CTH8R

Make up your mind, Birkja!

Birkja P.:

The worst service that anyone can get is from canadian tire... Bought a battery on 1 Jan 2014. Had to get a replacement after a year. The replaced battery quit today after 4 months. .got my vehicle checked and no issues found in the electrical system including the alternator... Canadian tire refuses to even give me store credit.. all they offered was to replace the battery again with the Same brand of battery....with this experience I don't know if I will shop again at Canadian tire....

CTH8R

I#638:

Nelson L:

I had a bad experience today at Canadian Tire. I no longer will be shopping with your company, which is unfortunate. I've decided to bring this up in conversation with another group I'm involved with. Simply for the fact that I doubt my little voice will be ignored. Although my little voice spends a lot of many at your store in any given year. Maybe a few more little voices deciding to go somewhere else will result in issues like this being taken more seriously.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Make up your mind, Van M.:

We have shopped at Canadian Tire for many years. I have even helped with their on-line surveys. The other day my husband returned from the store after trying to return a mosquito catcher worth approximately $400.00. The mosquito catcher did not work after many tries. We were given a store credit for this amount. This is a lot of money and we still do not have a mosquito catcher. To top this all off, when at the cottage this week, we decided to use the card for gasoline, and were told that store credit cards cannot be used for gasoline. Not sure now,that we will be shopping at this store, after using up the credit( which may take awhile to use) I am disappointed.

CTH8R

Now, I personally disagree with Lazina on this product. But I agree with her decision to boycott:

#639:

Lazina R.Y.: Please don't advertise to me you're wasting your fb money...because I'm boycotting Canadian Tire for sporting SodaStream in your stores! #Boycott #BDS ...

CTH8R

Likely permanent:

#940:

Dustin D.:
As a cyclist I often wear a backpack. Leaving your store in Wpg I was asked to have my bag searched which I flatly refused. Apparently its a policy now to search thru peoples personal belonging in a biased and discriminatory way. Why wouldnt you search thru all bags like purses etc (which are far easier to slip something in than a backpack). I felt violated and upset and will never shop in your stores again until you stop harassing and profiling people.
June 2 at 8:00am

CTH8R

Crappy auto repairs seem to inspire a lot of boycotts, not just of the Dis-Service Centres. Quite a few on Rylander, in Scarberia, too.

It makes sense: the person who owns the DisService Center owns the store, too:

#941:

Angela G.B.:

Just had the worst experience EVER at Canadian Tire on Rylander in Scarborough.
I went into the automotive department and told the young man at the counter that my battery light was coming on... maybe I needed a battery?? He said yeah no problem we can look after that right now.
So an hour later I paid over 200 bucks for a new battery installed and left. I get in the car and the battery light was still flashing. So I went back inside and told him. I asked if maybe the light needed to be reset or something?? He smirked and said "that's not your battery. That's your alternator."
Are you kidding me?!!! I just spent over 200 dollars on something that wasn't even the problem?? Why wasn't this properly diagnosed??? So I said "well I guess you're going to have to take it out and put my old one back in!!"
He said no and that there's really nothing he can do. He slithered away to the back room.... and left me at the counter. Noone came out to talk to me... apologize... NOTHING.
I picked up and left. I will NEVER shop at Canadian Tire again.

CTH8R

#942:

Hamid J.:

So disappointed with this new return policy of Canadian tire! I purchased a flashlight from the store on July 03, 2015 to use it for my camping trip but before my departure I opened the box to make sure the battery is fully charged. The device only worked for few seconds and I thought it needs to be fully charged so I charged it for about 5 hours and when I tried to turn it on it wouldn't work. The day after I went back to the same store where I purchased the flashlight (Smar...tCentres Laval Ouest, 500 Autoroute Chomedey, Laval, QC H7X 3S9) to return it but the employee at the customer service desk told me the she won't take it back because it has been opened and she can only exchange it for me!!! I told her that I had to open it in order to make sure it works or not and since the flashlight worked only a few seconds I have decided not to buy that brand and ask for my money back, she spoke to a manager and only gave me a store credit for the full amount. I want all Canadians to be know that Canadian tire can not be your final destination when it comes to buy utilities, accessories and supplies, we all know that other stores like Walmart allow you try almost all the items in the store and return it within 45 days if you are not fully satisfied. I hope all people pay attention to this new return policy before they purchase something from Canadian tire and as per myself I will never ever again purchase something from them.

bishious

Without the receipt, the store cannot apply for reimbursement from the Corporation. In effect, they would be giving the merchandise away for free. No store can do business that way and hop to survive.