CTH8R

#684:

So the other day, I went into your store to buy a few items. My purchase was going to be over $130 incl tax. but when I got to the checkout one of my items a 3 prong power cord (listed at $10) came up with the wrong price ($15).
The cashier told me to go get the tag for the item to match, so I went and got it she said the sku numbers weren't the same. the item matched a fair bit of the description. she told me the item was placed in the wrong spot, I said how am I as a customer supposed to know that? I said its cdn tires responsibility to keep inventories in their proper places and she complained she can't do it with "10 people" on the floor.
She gave me an example of people deliberately mixing items up and changing prices around. I felt at this point that she was calling me either a thief or a liar, which I am neither. I asked her if she was calling me such which she wasn't.
Another lady, who appeared to be wearing the same uniform but was using the self-checkout offered to view the area and see what happened. She was about to go home. I didn't mind that but at this time I had already asked for a manager 5 times.
Another girl came, and said a manager wasn't available yet but she had requested her assistance, we both went to the isle and showed the area, when we got back there was another item in its place, and other items in the place where the one I got should have been.
Being disgruntled and adamant about the fact that as a customer I'm not responsible for their lack of organization. That I am not a theif and that I'm only looking to get the same price that was clearly stated in the slot where I grabbed the item from. It was the first one I saw, the right 3 prongs I was looking for and it seemed to be at the right price.
As being as upset as I was, and knowing that they were adamant that the customer was in the wrong, that I was wrong that clearly the price I saw wasn't the price the item was for, and that I should settle for less than what I was supposed to get.
I decided right then that Canadian Tire didn't need my money any more. Just as much as Walmart doesn't need my money. (Fact is that I can count on my hand the number of times I've been to Walmart since 2007).
Its too bad my money has to go to another company has to go to another company that isn't Canadian.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#685:

Andrea M.:

Have lost a happy customer!!! We always shop in your store plus always buy gas from you guys and have been collecting the Canadian Tire money on our card and was able to use that money towards our gas purchase however I was told and treated horrible that I was no able to do that. The store would not give me a gift card like they did a few months ago to use towards gas! Very angry customer

CT Challenger

Let us know what you decide, Tim.

Tim R.:
***This post has already been responded to. I had erroneously posted using someone else's Facebook account and wanted to correct my mistake. I will be sending an e-mail to your customer service department as requested. Thank you***
Language Discrimination?
I was shopping at the Canadian Tire located in St-Bruno-de-Montarville with my partner and we were speaking to each other on the way into the store (in English, our native tongue). At the entrance, a young girl was posted and seemed to have something in her hand. My partner and I both made eye contact with her and she smiled at us. So far, all is well.
As we were leaving the store, we overheard her greeting another client and offering him the chance to enter a contest and handed him a piece of paper to enter said contest. This exchange took place in French. It was at this moment that my partner and I looked at each other and questioned why we had not been given the chance to enter the contest. The girl obviously saw us on the way into the store as she smiled at us. The only difference was that we were speaking English (I would like to point out at this point that I am perfectly bilingual). Was the contest somehow not open to Anglophones? Or did the girl simply decide Anglophones did not deserve the chance to win a prize at Canadian Tire? Either way, we both felt extremely discriminated against for the simple fact that we happened to be speaking English... Not impressed by such a discrimination from a Canadian national company and will seriously be considering shopping at this location, and possibly Canadian Tire in general.

CTH8R

#686:

Josie C.:

I am so disappointed in such a store. Especially the one in Barhaven.
We were in the store today with a cart full of items. We purchased our items and before we left, our daughter wanted a toy from a machine( like a gum ball machine) $2 each. We inserted the $2 first and received the toy. omThen we inserted the other $2 for my 4 year old and the $2 ate our machine. No toy given. We proceeded to the customer service counter and explain the situation. They didn't care. They told us that they have nothing to do with machine and they will not reimburse us the $2. We explained how the machine is in their store and they should take responsibility. They absolutely wouldn't. They told us we needed to call the phone number on the machine and deal with them directly. I explain to them that I just spent a good chuck in their store and that they are disappointing a four-year-old as I do have another $2 on me. I went to the machine to get the phone number, and guess what… There was no phone number. I went back to the customer service to let them know and they said it's not their responsibility and would not reimburse me $2. So I proceeded to return all my items that I just purchased and I gladly drove away to Home Depot where a customer Service was fantastic. I will never shop at Canadian tire in Barhaven again. Rude rude staff.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#687 and 688:

Sue AMS:

Canadian Tire Corporation,
Today my husband and I were into the Chatham Store at approximately 2:00 PM, after attending our church service. We were looking to purchase two cartons of orange clay skeet and a carton of 250, 12 gauge shotgun shells. We are both licenced hunters who both have our PAL. Unfortunately we don't carry these licences with us at all times and did not have them with us today.
My Grandchildren have recently completed their firearms and hunting courses. Since my husband and I were already in Chatham we decided that we would purchase skeet and shotgun shells for an afternoon of skeet shooting, to reward them for learning, applying themselves and obtaining the needed licences in order to hunt and carry a firearm.
After waiting 20 minutes, for the only licenced PAL employee in the sporting department, to return from his break....we wanted to buy the ammunition.... we learned that a PAL was needed in order to purchase ammunition. I am unsure when this ruling changed in Canadian Tire, where a person needs a PAL, rather then using a driver's licence.
A few years back in the Tilbury Store, a person only needed a driver's licence to purchase ammunition and because of that, I believed the regulations were still the same and the same in the Chatham Store.
I asked the salesperson (believe his name was Darcy) if I could speak with a manager regarding the regulation change. He called the manager to come to the Sporting Goods desk. Janet arrived and I must say her customer service abilities were very poor at best and less than satisfactory. She sounded very aggressive and not only did she make us feel like we were criminals, she also, had little regard for us and the other customers around us, in the store. All because we asked if a driver's licence could be used to purchase ammunition. She promptly responded, "It's against the law!" We felt embarrassed, and totally demeaned as a customer. We were planning to spend $120.00 plus in the store and after being treated as such, we no longer desire to do business there.
We understand rules and regulations change from time to time and understand this could be the case, however, the manager could have been professional in her approach to us. She could have said, I am sorry, those rules no longer apply and we are required to take your PAL number when purchasing ammunition. We would not have been embarrassed nor felt like we criminals when asking if we could provide a drivers licence. Janet is definitely lacking in her abilities as a manager, in people skills and she would definitely benefit if she were required to take a course in this area.
Professionalism goes a long ways and usually provides the desired results in any establishment. Janet's technique and style as a manager has much to be desired and if the business I was operating had a manager as such, I would want to be informed so that necessary changes could be implemented.
Sincerely,
Sue and Barry S.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Maybe by the morning it'll turn into a boycott:

Madison A.J.:

Absolutely ridiculous. Arrived at your Sherwood Park, AB location to find a fireplace for out home. We found one we liked and the manager there said we had to pay for it before she went to get it. So we did. This was at 6:20. It went through and she then said okay it's just upstairs I'll have my boys go look.. they come back down and said sorry it's on the other side of the store be back. 20 minutes go by. 30 minutes. Finally someone comes to check with us and says they're still looking. Well then the manager comes back and says sorry were renovating our store so everything is moved around but I know we have 2 in stock because I received them last week and saw them. She runs off again. So now we've been waiting 45 minutes and she calls the cashier who tells us she will be meeting us at the front doors and smiles so we're like great she found it. Not. She says her and the 3 guys couldn't find it in the store. We already paid the $700 for it. She said we'd have to come back tomorrow when the shipping and receiving guy is in... we said uhhh you told us there were 2 and you unloaded them yourself and you made us pay for a product that were now leaving the store without? Don't think so. I said there's still 45 minutes til you close.. IT'S SOMEWHERE IN THE STORE! FIND IT PLEASE. Her exact words "we understand that but we don't know where the guy put them" I said then why did you 1) sell it to me before checking where it is 2) tell me you unloaded it yourself and 3) said there's 2 in stock. She was very rude didn't even apologize just kept saying she understood and we could come back tomorrow. So I sat in Canadian tire for 1.5 hours tonight waiting for a $700 product that I never left the store with. Are your employees even allowed to sell an item before making sure it's on hand? And are they allowed to deny you the item because they're "tired of looking for it"??? Wow.

CTH8R

#689:

Ryan O.:

I wish I could leave a compliment or endorsement here but my continued frustrations with Saskatoon east side Canadian tire has led me to leave a complaint. I have never been to a store so many times for something that is out of stock (even though the website says its in stock). I've ordered and paid for stuff for pickup that the store couldn't find and had to cancel the order and refund. Today I had the same experience where something was not in stock when the website said it was. I noticed the store managers number and tried to call to complain. The store manager was not at the number listed on the sign and she was unavailable (which is fine) so I asked to be put through to her voice mail. She doesn't have a voice mail.
What's going on Canadian tire? This is the worst inventory control I've ever encountered. People who would like to leave feedback can't even do that. This store has wasted countless hours of my time and I would like to talk to someone that can do something about it. Until then, Amazon can have my family's business.

CTH8R

#690:

Your spruce grove alberta location needs some serious help....I won't be shopping at that location again due to poor service...poor merchandising......rolling stairs and shopping carts left by staff up and down isles and stuff that is in the flyer not even put out yet for consumers what a bunch of BS....

CTH8R

No boycott, yet:

Kaka T.:

Bullshyt warranty services. its all a scam. ill been shopping over 20 years at canadian tire and in all those years this one time i needed the warranty service done ( which is what they say they cover) , they told me some bullshyt that isn't even true. Sold me a defective product and won't stand behind it. yeah you guys really care about your customers.

CTH8R

#691:

T. Joel R.: I agree! I was in the same store months ago and it was un-shoppable. I couldn't find anything I was looking for, many aisles were blocked with garbage and the staff was nowhere to be found. I haven't spent a dollar at Canadian Tire since. I used to shop the store weekly. I have been and will continue to shop at your competitors.

CTH8R

#692:

Dale K.: Never Going Back to Canadian Tire. They Assume everybody Who goes there is Going to Steal something. Wore my Backpack in there few weeks ago. They Confiscated it when Got through front Doors. Never got asked to Leave Backpack at Customer Service desk at Any Other Store. Wear it To Every store I go to. To Put stuff in that I buy. No More Canadien Tire. Walmart & Home Depot are both Cheaper

Dale K.: Never going back.

CTH8R

#693:

Jim R.:

The Canadian Tire store in Owen Sound is anything but Canadian in spirit. The Canadian flags flying over that store are in disgraceful condition, yet the Canadian tire flags are pristine. Calls to the store have done nothing to correct the situation. I'm proud to have served and honour our flag. Apparently the management of this store could care less. I refuse to shop there as I have for many years until the situation is corrected.

CTH8R

#694:

Jessica L.:

Went to the new Canadian tire in Edmonton today which is supposed to be the biggest and best in Canada. The service was terrible. We had an emergency flat tire and what should have been a simple 10 minute job turned into a 4 hour job. We were first told it would take an hour then two hours then we gave up asking and walked around in the rain taking our business to other establishments in the area. The staff were rude and we also heard them arguing with several other costumes. We will never shop at Canadian tire again.

CTH8R

#695:

Sheila R.:

Very dissappointed in the service we recieved at Canadian Tire Canmore this weekend. While on vacation in canmore we got a nail in our tire and went to Canadian Tire to get it fixed since we purchased our tires there only 6 months ago with warrenty. After two ours of waiting for the fix we were told by the store manager that it was not free of charge even though it states on the website that tire rotations and flat fixes are included when you purchase the tires. I could not show him your website at the time as both my kids were crying but its something that the store manager should be aware of. After this experience i will not be purchasing anything else from canadian tire and i will be sure to tell all our family and friends about this awful experience and the horrible customer service.

CTH8R

#696:

Cheryl C.I.:

am so disappointed in the service my husband received at the Canadian Tire store on Dufferin St. south of Finch in Toronto. He purchased a car battery which turned out to be faulty. He returned it and after waiting for service was given another battery which also turned out to be faulty. He didn't want another battery and asked for a refund. I should tell you that he purchased an extended warranty too. They would not give him a refund and even wanted him to dispose of the battery he returned. He ended up getting a store credit that will never be used because he will never shop there again. He called customer service and the woman he spoke to was actually rude to him. Talk about customer service!!!! NOT!!!! Shame on you Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

#697:

Kris G.: Canadian tire has the worst technicians in the world. I would rather have monkeys work on my vehicle.

CTH8R

#698:

Lexx Z.: What's even more annoying is that this Canadian Tire post showed up in my FB. posts unsolicited and I can't find a way to block it. I will boycott this company until they removed from their list or someone can tell me how to prevent this intrusion.

Until they have removed me from their list they will be boycotted.