CTH8R

Sue inspired her write. Too bad she still goes!

Julie E.: I would call customer service... I've had such poor service at this same location that I've stopped going unless i desperately need something no one sells and I can't get to Brantford that day. Here's the number they posted on another thread "customerservice@canadiantire.com or at 1-800-387-8803 "

CTH8R

Close:

Mary L.M.C.: Canadian Tire

This is their great service???
A reminder to anyone purchasing car seats: be sure to thoroughly check it over before using. I recently purchased a car seat from Canadian Tire West and took it out of the box to find dog hair & rocks in the creases as well as stains in various spots. Clearly this seat had been used and returned. I'm disappointed that the store did not check the box upon the return (as there is a piece & manual missing), and not knowing the history of this used car seat may have put my sons safety in jeopardy had I not of noticed. Needless to say I will not be returning to Canadian tire stores to purchase important items and will be cautious when buying from other stores.
Robyn Richardson's photo.
Robyn Richardson's photo.
IF YOU WANT YOUR CHILD SAFE ; WELL GO ELSE WHERE - WERE THEY CARE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY - CANADIAN DOESNOT CARE

CTH8R

Yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on that, lol! Implementing a costly re-do that will reduce their revenue.

Denis M.:

I wanted as many people as possible to see this so you can make your own decision about pumping CTC gas.
At my second last fill-up I went to the Tecumseh Rd gas bar in Windsor. I pressed the 99.5 button for gas and when full I was charged for premium. I brought this to the attention of the mature female attendant who was adamant that I had pressed the wrong button. She was most insistent that pressing the wrong button was the only way I could be charged for premium. But she was wrong.
Yesterday I filled up at your Dougall Ave gas bar and the same thing happened. I complained to the attendant and received a totally different and alarming response. She told me this was a common problem and she has received many complaints. The manager, Tony, and I went to the pump and he explained that, since the new more sensitive selection buttons were installed, they are lower and can be accidentally struck by the hose or even a person striking it. Of course, I or anyone else cannot know this and once pressed, the pump cannot be reset by pressing the proper button. He demonstrated both of these accidental hits for me. I commend him for his honesty. I was required to pay for premium but he issued me a free car wash to take the sting away.
But the issue needs fixing. When someone wants to pump regular gas then that's what he/she should get. And this should be seamless at the pump. I am sure others have experienced the same problem.
Not only is this annoying and inconvenient, it may be considered improper by the Consumer Ministry.
Please refer this email to the appropriate senior executive and let me know promptly the response. Thank you.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Mackenzie M.:

Getting tires today at your location was the worst experience of my life. You need to train your employees right. It shouldn't take 1.5 hrs to put on tires. If I spent $1,000.00 in your store I expect to have my service done. Not stand around and wait. If I go to any other store, which next time I will for sure, it only takes at most 30 mins. I am so upset upset with your service it is unreal.

CT Challenger

#709:

Tania F.:

Good job Canadian tire in sylvan lake Alberta. Last night I went there to get a few things I needed. One of the things I happened to need was in a package that had already been previously opened. (It was the last one in stock). When I brought it to the counter and explained that there were parts missing, the manager on duty rudely exclaimed that people often ask them to open things so they can see it and then choose not to purchase it. (This item in particular was in a CLEAR PLASTIC packaging) she then proceeded to open the previously opened and clearly used item and put things back in place to try to prove that parts weren't missing. I was then charged full price for the item and told that if I returned it, it wouldn't get my money back, i would just get an exchange. When I finally got home and had a chance to read through the parts, I realized, like I had said, it was in fact missing pieces. So I went back to Canadian tired to try to find the pieces that i would need. When I reached the register to pay, I explained to the cashier that I was in fact right and parts were missing from the item they sold me for FULL price. To which she replied "well that sucks, at least you have all the parts now since you bought things separately". The cashier and on duty manager were so unbelievably rude and I'm very angry that I was ripped off by a store that I go to rather often. Because of this, I will and won't mind spending the extra gas money to go somewhere else where they are actually friendly, professional and don't rip people off. Not to mention, somewhere where their employees actually do their jobs and help customers.

CT Challenger

I hope Crappy didn't shell out too much $$$, to get him to play street hockey for CT.

For The Great One's sake, I hope that the cheque cleared before he endorsed Harper.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#710:

Crystal H.A.: I have not shopped at a store that isn't Costco or a grocery store in what feels like 3 years. To be truthful I don't know, but if a local store is going to carry products I like so be it. In addition to that within my group of friends and family CT has been like what fast-food restaurants are to others for first time jobs. Again even though the brand may not be what it once was it is a big part of our community. With the variety of store types Canadian Tire is parent company of now, they kinda do need to renew the identity of the iconic store. Plus a retail industry that has never been tougher or more competitive with a booming online market...

CTH8R

#711 & #712 (if not more):

Allison G.:

Beware the deception of Canadian Tire with respect to their "refund cards": despite Canadian gift cards laws, they are able to circumvent them by differentiating between a "gift card" and "refund card".....so their refund cards expire! I was absolutely not told this when I received my return card, and given that I have never heard of this policy in any other company, this possibility did not even cross my mind. So imagine my frustration when I went to use my card the other day, 13 months after issue, and was told it had expired! Shame on you Canadian Tire and your deception, you have lost a family of customers.

CTH8R

Oh so close. Let's merge it with the extra family members from 711 & 712 and then round dos, penny-style:

#713:

Jan T.:

I wouldn't buy anything from Canadian Tire unless They put it together for you, or you rip the packaging open and count the parts to be sure everything that is suppose to be there, is there! This has happened too many times to me and this last time has cost me over $40.00 in gas to get what I need! I'd rather pay a little more at Home Hardware, Building Centre & Furniture Stores and be satisfied the first time. CANADIAN TIRE SUCKS!!

Last edited:

CTH8R

#714:

Greg S,:

Boycott Canadian Tire and Wayne Gretzky, Now that Canadian Tire supports the almighty Stephen Harper, we need to get the word out there to stop shopping and supporting this political company.. Will be sending this all over Canada. Boycott Canadian Tire and Wayne Gretzky. Why would Canadian Tire support Stephen Harper and his lying? Why would Canadian Tire support Stephen Harper and Election Fraud? Why would Canadian Tire support Stephen Harper stealing pensions from Canadians? Boycott Canadian Tire and Wayne Gretzky. Now if Wayne Gretzky knocked on my door, I would not answer it. Does Canadian Tire think this is a money maker to support Stephen Harper? Bad move, more money in the pocket of other non policital stores.and Wayne Gretzky, Now that Canadian Tire supports the almighty Stephen Harper, we need to get the word out there to stop shopping and supporting this political company.. Will be sending this all over Canada. Boycott Canadian Tire and Wayne Gretzky. Why would Canadian Tire support Stephen Harper and his lying? Why would Canadian Tire support Stephen Harper and Election Fraud? Why would Canadian Tire support Stephen Harper stealing pensions from Canadians? Boycott Canadian Tire and Wayne Gretzky. Now if Wayne Gretzky knocked on my door, I would not answer it. Does Canadian Tire think this is a money maker to support Stephen Harper? Bad move, more money in the pocket of other non policital stores.

CTH8R

#716:

Jsv J.:

I was at the Canadian Tire store in South Edmonton Common tonight returning an item and wanted to pass on a concern regarding a comment the customer service individual I was dealing with. Another customer came to the counter to return an item and another customer service individual greeted the customer and asked what he could help him with. The CSR individual I am dealing with turns to him and says "oh my god you sounded so white saying that". Now I understand that she was attempting to make a joke but as a caucasian I am offended by the comment. Of note the girl I was dealing with was East Indian and the other CSR was of Oriental decent. If she was attempting to make a humerous statement there are other comments she could have made instead of making a race related comment. I am not sure if she thought because it was a joke about white people versus another ethnicity that it was less offensive or inflammatory but her assumption was wrong. Also she should probably be aware that because she is standing behind a counter does not make it sound proof where comments that are made are not heard. I was asked if I wanted to exchange the item and the answer was no. I am not interested in supporting an organization where racial jokes are made in an open environment with apparently no regard for who may hear them.

CTH8R

#717:

Darlene B.:

WOW CANADIAN TIRE!!! 2minutes and 33 seconds upon connection with your 800 number, of listening to ANYTHING BUT English WITH ZERO options (press 1, press 2, etc) Then to FINALLY get someone on the phone that is TOTALLY unaware of your 'policies/proceedures' WIN WIN.. Just loss my business AND I WILL spread the word!!