CTH8R

So many people are 'almost' boycotters today:

Ed V.:

Beloved Canadian Tire, you are failing me. Closing a busy store (Sheppard and Leslie) for 36 hours mid week (before Thanksgiving!) for inventory!! I'm guessing you are pissing off 100 people per hour. Don't you realize you are competing with Walmart and Home Depot - neither of which would ever think of doing this. I am concerned, still loyal, but concerned.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#783:

Brad O.:

need to train your staff better! Purchased new calipers for my car. Included in purchase is a $73 per caliper "core" charge. They charge GST when you pick them up but when I bring them back they say I am not eligible for the GST I was charged when I paid for them . This is WRONG ! Another lost customer

CTH8R

#784:

Tasso D.:

Absolutely the WORST customer service experience I have ever seen. I'm surprised they are still in business. I just got sent to 3 different stores for a set of tires. They check in the system, assured me they had them in stock, sent me to the store and nothing. They check with another store, call the store, confirm and once I get there, they only have 3 tires in stock. Zero accountability, rude when you try to talk to them and no effort to help you what so ever. And the store clerk who kept on talking to me saying "yo, chek" as if I'm dealing in the ghetto. Unreal.

I have spent 1.5 hours on the phone and visited 3 stores today and no solution. And when I stressed my frustration and mentioned that I would no longer shop at your store, the response I received was "That's fine sir and that's your choice". I guess you don't need the business.

CTH8R

I with Randy were more specific. "Never again" what?

Your Motomaster batteries have a sticker that says "3 Year Free Replacement Warranty". When my battery went defective within that time, it was replaced free. Great, even though I went through much grief and expense getting boosts.

Then the replacement battery, same model, same sticker "3 Year Free Replacement Warranty" went defective after a year. The CT store is basing the warranty on the day I bought the ORIGINAL battery, not the day I got the replacement. And they no longer give out a warranty card that explains their pro-rated policy.
I suggest all consumers beware of CT's 3 Year Free battery replacement warranty as it appears to be misleading. I was mis-led, but never again by Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

Another close call:

Carmen M.:

Home Depot and Walmart are so convenient and have a large variety of products, however I want to shop Canadian as much as I can. Experienced again today, terrible customer service at Canadian Tire. I tried to put a product on hold for me to pick up(over phone) but kept being transferred then put on hold and nobody would pick up phone again. Called 5 times and this happened 5 times. End result was CS telling me they couldn't help me. Another time this past summer I had a shed ordered. When I called store after 4 weeks for status on order, I was told I could just go somewhere else and buy one cause they couldn't tell when the one I ordered would get in or if it was even ordered in the first place. Not sure I would feel so bad shopping Home Depot/Walmart over Canadian Tire now. Doesn't seem like they care too much to lose the business. Good to know right?

CTH8R

#785:

Grant D.:

My vehicle had a flat tire in the parking lot of the Oliver, BC Canadian tire store at 2 pm on a Tuesday afternoon. I asked the service Manager if they could remove the tire and repair it. He said no! We're booked up until Friday. I then asked if they could repair the tire if I removed it? No was his answer, not until Friday. I will never shop at Canadian tire again - zero customer service- or maybe they just don't know how to fix a flat ?

CTH8R

#786:

Jordan C.A.:

The Canadian Tire at dundas and main in Cambridge Ontario is a joke. The entire staff are rude mouth jerks who have no regard for their customers. Never shopping there again.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#787:

Saibal S.:

We, me & my wife went to return a food storage set bought on 29/09/2015 without a receipt as I misplaced the receipt but welcomed with very rude behavior from a return associate and also by the manager at 9.00 pm on 13/10/2015. They tried to portray me as a thief as they repeatedly asking again about the receipt. The manager was a real gentleman as he did not bother to listen instead call the security, to my astonishment as I was polite, and just pressing my point. This is awesome customer service I had ever experienced till now. They were rude, insulting and disrespectful. I also work for a reputed company has some experience with customer service but this is really a learning lesson. I never shop in this location at Edmonton South common store anymore.

CTH8R

#788 (I assume):

Shelly C.: Canadian Tire is the perfect store to shop at if you never have to return anything. if by chance you do find a defective item or you change your mind on an item you purchased, GOOD LUCK! This store never takes back anything. If you buy something and it doesn't work, they say you used it and they won't take it back. Horrible after sales support. I wouldn't even take a $5,000 gift card from them. ASSHATS!

CTH8R

#789:

Rylie L:

Rant Time: Two days ago I went to a Canadian Tire Automotive on Fairway Rd in Kitchener Ontario and was charged to have someone tighten and clean up my positive post on my battery because the battery light was on and I had run into this situation before. After waiting a bit the man at the desk said the mechanics cleaned up the erosion and tightened it up and that everything will run smoothly now. I payed my bill and went on my way. Not even 3 kms down the road my whole car died and I had to pull over. After calling CAA and having the real issue resolved it turns out the mechanics not only failed to clean up the terminal but also tighten it. The CAA worker said it looked as though they hadn't even opened my hood. Also the real issue was with my belt, it had snapped and the erosion on the battery was just an additional problem, it turns out the broken belt was clearly visible and if the mechanics had looked at my car to address the issue they would have spotted it right away. Safe to say I won't be returning to a Canadian Tire's automotive shop ever again. Canadian Tire

CTH8R

#790:

Shelley P.: I would like just fair treatment not get ripped off !! Canadian tire over charges for there mechcanic work 6 spark plugs and wires they charged me 511. dollars and took 4 hours !! Pretty pathetic ..and please don't tell me to get ahold of customer service i was hung up on 2x by derrick and then told to sue them if i was happy thats the worse customer service ever !! its sad when a big corporation takes advantage of a woman and charge what every you think you can !!!I WILL NEVER WALK INTO A CANADIAN TIRE STORE AGAIN !!!!!!

CTH8R

#791:

Dawn E.:

I guess Canadian Tire approves of trophy hunting, their Castlegar store now has a full compliment of stuffed animals - I will not be shopping there anymore! Sorry I can't upload a picture.

CTH8R

#792:

Sandra T.:

Got quote for goodyear nordic tires $575.11 installed Cobourg store.After waiting half hour they started. After install was told he broke 10 of my lug nuts, $8.95 each so tires installed $676.70 They do not even know how to change tires, I would never let them put a wrench on my wheelbarrow and will never again buy anything at canadian tire. I bet you won't be long taking this post off. Sincerely a very aggravated ex customer

CTH8R

#793:

Sandinista C.J.:

Canadian Tire, you ‪#‎FAIL‬. I needed someone to simply pop out at the Tillsonburg, ON store and plug in light bulbs in my headlights because I couldn't get them in. I was told to wait for several hours. I will never go to Canadian Tire again. I will pay off my card and tell everyone I know how a Canadian Tire associate couldn't take ten minutes to help me out.

CTH8R

Yes??? And ????? .....

Kayla S.:

The scene in my car Friday night after leaving @canadiantire because the sales associate failed to put the lid on the paint correctly is that there is now paint everywhere. Not only is my car, purse and shoes ruined, so is my new coat, new picture frame for my degree and a scarf. Clearly this was a time sensitive issue as paint is far easier to remove when it's wet... But customer relations has failed to get back to me even though I've called three times. I would guess the entire interior of my car is ruined as there was 2 inches of paint in both the back seats and under the front seats Thanks for nothing @canadiantire.

CTH8R

Yes??? And ????? .....

John M.:

A 4 hour wait for the second round a tire needs to be looked at (still has leak from previously paid work)!? Really?

CTH8R

#794:

Bob S.: I don't have a product to review but I had a bad experience with a cashier at the Orangville, ON. store Sunday who gave me the wrong change and was rude and persistant that she gave me a $5 bill when I'm standing right there with3.35 change when I should have had 5.35, if she had given me a $5 bill like she said with the 3.35 she would have given me to much change not enough. I had to empty my pockets to prove I didn't have a $5 bill. I was very ticked. I stopped there because it was convenient on my way back from Toronto but I will never go back to that store.

CT Challenger

Wonder no more. The anti-Harper backlash was huge, and was reflected in an anti-Gretzky backlash, with an anti-Crappy-Tire aspect.

Next election, look for signs like this.

I know this is off-topic, but it's fascinating how many people who are mad at Canadian Tire for being affiliated with Wayne Gretzky, and they are mad at Wayne Gretzky for being affiliated with Steven Harper.

It's not like half the people are posting, "Oh, I love Wayne", or even "Who cares about Harper". Sure, there are a couple, but they are drowned out by all the people who don't like CT because of a loose connection to Harper.

This makes me wonder what's going to happen in the election.

(But I'm glad CT is giving more people reasons to boycott them - and yet again paying for the bad publicity! Way to Go, Team CT!)

CTH8R

#795:

Andy C.:

FYI: You are losing customers on a regular basis due to poor service. In today's world, you can't win customers by simply having a lower price, with zero service, I might as well only buy online. We want service and are willing to pay for it. Recently got frustrated with the level of service or rather lack of service when buying things from a Canadian Tire in Windsor. I ended up going to your competitor and paying a higher price. I didn't mind paying the higher price because I received good advice on what to buy and instead of being sent down to an aisle to find it myself, I was guided by the staff.