CTH8R

#784:

Tasso D.:

Absolutely the WORST customer service experience I have ever seen. I'm surprised they are still in business. I just got sent to 3 different stores for a set of tires. They check in the system, assured me they had them in stock, sent me to the store and nothing. They check with another store, call the store, confirm and once I get there, they only have 3 tires in stock. Zero accountability, rude when you try to talk to them and no effort to help you what so ever. And the store clerk who kept on talking to me saying "yo, chek" as if I'm dealing in the ghetto. Unreal.

I have spent 1.5 hours on the phone and visited 3 stores today and no solution. And when I stressed my frustration and mentioned that I would no longer shop at your store, the response I received was "That's fine sir and that's your choice". I guess you don't need the business.

More from Tasso D.:

Tasso D.: I have already tried multiple times to resolve this issue and it is still pending so I have no more interest in investing anymore of my time to keep getting the run around. Your customer service is horrible and I will keep sharing to drive awareness. And for all those reading this, you can get the same or better quality and prices at Wal-Mart with 100 times better service.

Tasso D.: Worst part is that I didn't even ask for any compensation and they were simply rude. When I complained about them scratching my mags, the Manager replied, "what would you like? For us to fix them by painting them? Well be realistic sir." Same thing with me, when I complained to the Corporate office, they told me all the Managers are in a meeting and no one is available to take customer complaints and that they would call me back in 72 hours..... Still waiting... I'm surprised they are still in business.

CTH8R

#808:

Joseph M.:

Gerry at the Canadian Tire garage on Tecumseh Rd in Windsor ON provided the worst customer service I've ever had. He'll be the reason I never step foot in a Canadian Tire again.

CTH8R

#809:

Justine B:

Hello
We would like to make a formal complaint about your Canadian Tire Store located on King George and 102nd in Surrey near Surrey Central Mall.
We have been shopping at this location for well over 15 years. It has only been the last 2 years or so that we have noticed that the security has tightened up, I'm sure due to the location and the type of riftraft that is in the area. We can tell you however, no other store in the area will mistreat you like the security and Managers at the Surrey Central location.
Every time we enter the Surrey Central CT and we are dressed up with hair done, the security greets us, whether we have a purse or grocery bag with us or not they are friendly. The moment I enter the store (a hardware store I might add with a trades and home improvement customer base) after a hard days wear, hair a bit frizzed we are treated aggressively and like garbage and asked to leave anything from a small hand bag to a bag of lettuce at the counter.
Firstly I understand there is a lot of theft in the area, however, when your front line of employees and managers treat your customers like garbage when first stepping into the store, you need to realize the store would not exist without these customers.
I came into the Surrey Central store for the 3rd time this week and was harassed for the 3rd time this week. I was absolutely furious!!!!!!! I spoke to the manager Steve who was rude, unapologetic and made excuses for the way they treated customers, he did not apology, he did not empathize but instead made excuses.
After 15 years of being a patron I would like an apology. I deserve an apology. I think you guys need to realize who is paying for your store to stay afloat and look at the fact that NO other store in the surrounding area treats their customers as badly as the Surrey Central Location.
I am requesting an immediate response in regards to this issue and I believe Steve and Canadian Tire owes us an apology for your profiling and mistreatment.

I'm feeling your pain Joseph! After 15 years I no longer want to step foot in one either.

CTH8R

#811:

Zac S.:

VERY much disappointed today with the Canadian tire in Kitchener Ontario! Horrible customer service. Got called a liar by a "manager" cause their staff put products on the wrong shelf. I won't be going back to that store but I would like to be contacted to submit a formal complaint... I will never recommend this store to anyone.

CTH8R

We can safely assume there won't be some miraculous improvement:

#812:

Rod B:

Until I see improvement it will be Home Depot for tools and Princess Auto for parts.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#813:

Scott G.:

Gotta say, Canadian Tire, your customer service SUCKS!!!! It doesn't seem to matter what store I go to...went into the store in Kelowna today, and your cashier wouldn't even honour a sale price...instead chose to inform me I had the wrong product (not according to the sign) and wouldn't even help me locate the "right product". I will NOT be back.

CTH8R

#814:

Trevor W.:

Another visit to the Canadian tire automotive department, another headache to deal with! Seriously, I strongly urge everyone to never take your vehicles here. The customer service is terrible! If anything ever goes wrong (which it usually does) Canadian Tire never assumes responsibility. You get 10x better service at any other tire place because to anyone else the customer actually matters! Do not take your vehicles to Canadian tire it's not worth the headaches that come after nearly ever visit. I personally will not ever be back.

CTH8R

#815:

Julia V.:

Your customer service sucks. I will not be back in any of your stores for products or vehicle service.
All I wanted was snow tyres put on my fleet car. What I got was attitude and foul language.
Next time you won't get a chance to even quote.

I'd rather not. Your lousy service was so appallingly bad I will never shop there again nor recommend your store to anyone I know.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#816:

Scott G.:

Gotta say, Canadian Tire, your customer service SUCKS!!!! It doesn't seem to matter what store I go to...went into the store in Kelowna today, and your cashier wouldn't even honour a sale price...instead chose to inform me I had the wrong product (not according to the sign) and wouldn't even help me locate the "right product". I will NOT be back.

CTH8R

#817:

John W.:

Never take your car to Canadian Tire. Never! I broke that rule once 4 years ago where I got winter tires for one of my cars. They didn't even get that right and installed one with wrong tread rotation pattern. Its worth the time researching an honest and competent mechanic...and when you find one, stick with them. They won't necessarily be the cheapest mind you, but they'll save you money by fixing what is wrong and NOT fixing what is NOT wrong.

CTH8R

#818:

LJ J.:
I don't trust Crappy Tire after I got them to change over my tires and my muffler blow up as soon as I left the parking lot
More · Thursday at 10:05pm

Last edited:

CTH8R

#819:

Jamie W.:

I would get your tires rechecked since I have no faith in CT. I had my car safety inspected and 2 days later when I bought new summer tires they told me that my brakes were shot and needed to be done right away. I told him that there was nothing wrong with them and I was only paying for new tires and install. He tried to tell me that he couldn't let me drive it away. As the end result he tried to charge me for changing 6 tires. I haven't gone back there since.

CTH8R

#820:

Mahendra J.:

Worst customer service at 36 St NE store. Won't recommend anyone to go to this place.

— feeling annoyed.

CTH8R

#821:

Paul W.:

Just drove 30 minutes to buy a toolbox on sale. There was only one in the Chatham store and they wanted to charge me an extra $20 (on a $700 item !) because they installed the 4 casters. Drove another 30 minutes home without a toolbox. Won't be back.

CTH8R

#823, 824:

Julia B.:

Auto service in Kirkland, do something, they can't treat people like that. They will loose customers. They lost our household already.

CTH8R

#825:

Nero DR

Compare to Walmart and the service including in store brand and even though the battery I bought from you guys is 2x more expensive and gives the worst performance that's so called recommended by Canadians tire for my car, is by far the worst service and badly trained individual , as a house brand your company should give a full refund no questions asked, seeing that it's your brand and your guarantee it and a customer paying so much for the quality of your service , it's only been couple months since ive bought it, and you guys can't do anything about returning it and letting me purchase a better battery?! Really your company is by far the worst in customer service and understanding, you're not there to help your customers you're just there to take their money , went to Walmart and bought a better battery for half the price with great service and they even told me without the receipt they'll take it back if it doesn't make me happy, and gave me discount because I had a bad experience with your company !!! Are you kidding me???? Would never recommend anyone to you guys!

CTH8R

Yes??? And???

Catharine L:

I have to say I am very disappointed in Canadian Tire, especially your no refund policy. My elderly mother purchased a chain saw to have someone cut up wood to get her through the Winter. My brother took on the task. The saw didn't work from the get go. It kept shutting off after only one cut. She returned it and was told she had to take the exact same one, that was her only option. She did. This one is the same. It doesn't work. Yet, after 2 of these defective saws, you will not give her a refund. She is an old age pensioner and is out several hundred dollars she couldn't really afford. She followed the policy on your receipt - she had the packaging and the receipt. She returned it within the allotted amount of time, yet she is still left with a product that can't be used and is out the cost. As far as I'm concerned your policy of not refunding money from a purchase that is obviously defective is unconscionable. She is a proud woman, who doesn't like to take help from others. She is quiet. I have seen people get refunds at your stores when they kick up a big stink and get loud. But because my mother was respectful she was just turned away. Shame on you Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

#809:

Justine B:

Hello
We would like to make a formal complaint about your Canadian Tire Store located on King George and 102nd in Surrey near Surrey Central Mall.
We have been shopping at this location for well over 15 years. It has only been the last 2 years or so that we have noticed that the security has tightened up, I'm sure due to the location and the type of riftraft that is in the area. We can tell you however, no other store in the area will mistreat you like the security and Managers at the Surrey Central location.
Every time we enter the Surrey Central CT and we are dressed up with hair done, the security greets us, whether we have a purse or grocery bag with us or not they are friendly. The moment I enter the store (a hardware store I might add with a trades and home improvement customer base) after a hard days wear, hair a bit frizzed we are treated aggressively and like garbage and asked to leave anything from a small hand bag to a bag of lettuce at the counter.
Firstly I understand there is a lot of theft in the area, however, when your front line of employees and managers treat your customers like garbage when first stepping into the store, you need to realize the store would not exist without these customers.
I came into the Surrey Central store for the 3rd time this week and was harassed for the 3rd time this week. I was absolutely furious!!!!!!! I spoke to the manager Steve who was rude, unapologetic and made excuses for the way they treated customers, he did not apology, he did not empathize but instead made excuses.
After 15 years of being a patron I would like an apology. I deserve an apology. I think you guys need to realize who is paying for your store to stay afloat and look at the fact that NO other store in the surrounding area treats their customers as badly as the Surrey Central Location.
I am requesting an immediate response in regards to this issue and I believe Steve and Canadian Tire owes us an apology for your profiling and mistreatment.

I'm feeling your pain Joseph! After 15 years I no longer want to step foot in one either.

More:

Justine:

This is my response from the customer service rep. A few false points here...one no one was slapped, I patted the manager on the back...two the security has been like this long before October...3 no other store treats their customers like that....and 4 no one ALLOWED me to do anything, I chose to grab the glue myself instead of leave. I will never attend this store again and I plan on making this an issue further.
Dear Justine
Thank you for forwarding your concerns to my attention regarding the issue you encountered at Canadian Tire #489 Surrey B.C. I only received the complaint today and now have had an opportunity to talk to the Security Company, customer service staff and the duty manager.
The security company has just started with us on October 26 and as such many of their staff are new and working through their new roles and responsibilities. I will talk with their president this week to explain that they should in no way be aggressive with any individual customers or staff members unless faced with potentially criminal situation.
Security is asked to remind all individuals both male & female, staff and customers that we require them to check their bags and or nap sacs at the customer service counter for safe keeping. There are signs at all the entrances reinforcing this policy and security is asked to remind those individuals that may have overlooked the posted signs.

I have had an opportunity to review the situation both on the security tapes and converse with staff that were present during your conversation with the Duty Manager. After listening to your concerns the Duty Manager explained to you the reason for in-store security and the reason why it was in place. When you asked if you could enter the store to purchase some glue you were granted access by the Duty Manager. Upon leaving to pay for your purchase you slapped the duty manager on the back and said you were going to file a customer complaint. He did not respond to your comment or physical action taken by you to him.
The reason we have a security officer present is to ensure a safe, comfortable shopping experience for all our customers, and whenever requested provide customer service to those individuals that require it. You are correct in stating that our store is located in one of the rougher neighbourhoods in the lower mainland but the area is getting much better and the security initiatives that are in place are here for everyone’s protection.
We hope that all our customers can appreciate the steps taken by Canadian Tire North Surrey in providing a safe and comfortable shopping environment.
Regards