CTH8R

#883:

David C.: I wish you'd stop showing up in my suggested/sponsored posts. I've never had a good experience there and no sale will ever make me shop there. Go away. Canadian Tire in Trenton On, has completely turned me off from them.

CTH8R

#884:

Jeffrey B.: I would love to shop at canadian tire again but refuse to until they make it right for missing up my truck. 3 years and counting now. Rather loose a customer for 450.

CTH8R

Such a common CT Story:

#885:

Lisa B.:
Hi Canadian Tire, so I just moved to Regina from Ontario and part of moving to Sask you have to get a car inspection in order to get insurance! So I take my 2014 VW Jetta to get inspected by your south Regina location! When they called me about my car yesterday the informed me it needed an alignment, but would still
Pass the inspection! This morning, at 730am when I show up to pick my car up they inform me that it in fact has not passed, but needs several hundred dollars of work in order to pass, as the castors were bent! I informed the service manager that I was not informed of this, when they called and had asked several times if the car would pass, and was told it would. The oh so nice (please note my sarcasm) went on to try and prove me a liar by calling the guy who informed me it would pass (who of course said he never said that). Brought out the mechanic who inspected the car, who said he would never have said it would pass. I continued to explain that this was never explained!! If it wasn't going to pass I wouldn't have turned the work down, as I need a passing inspection to get insurance!!! This became a sceptical for the other mechanics who stood around and stared at me(by this point I was overwhelmed, angry and crying) while the service manager treated me like an idiot! As I have no other choice (so I thought) but to fix what needed to be fixed I agreed to the work! Around 930 the manager called and said they were not able to correct the issue and right now they were just guessing but thought a control arm was needed! I agreed, as again, I thought I had no choice! But then my intuition kicked in, and I called the VW dealership, who called your store! The VW dealership called me right back and said to stop work! I picked my car up, paid for the inspection (cause I had no choice) and drove my car to VW where they informed me that the castors are fine, they read this way and that the only thing that needs correcting is not even what they're trying to fix! Then your service manager had the never to tell Me I needed to communicate better???? I now have to have VW do my inspection (AGAIN) for the cost of $230, and fix (just an alignment!!!!) for $140 and I had to pay your people for an inspection that should have passed to begin with!!!! Luckily I made the decision to call VW because God knows how many fake things this store would come up with to keep me paying money! Your Regina south store people too advantage of me and I will never go back to that store for any reason! In fact I plan to never utilize Canadian tire for any reason ever again! So disappointed, upset, hurt, angry, mad....

CTH8R

Yikes! Lucky to be alive! No wonder she's #886:

Sara B.:

Not one for social media broadcasts but @canadiantire needs to take some responsibility! We got a fireplace entertainment unit last month only to find a major electrical fire in our walls this week, burning wires and killing power. The wires were found live and hot and set fire behind the wall. Very dangerous... If I wasn't painting, and found this early, a more serious fire could've taken place. Stay away from Canadian Tire fireplace products...and after the "customer service" we received, stay away from @canadiantire altogether! ‪#‎canadiantire‬ @thomasbeachjj

CTH8R

Another Sara(h), another life almost lost!

#887:

Sarah B.:

Never go to Canadian Tire to get anything done on your car, this could mean your life! We had a tire fixed by Canadian Tire, the tire was removed from the rim and not properly put back on the rim so it popped off the rim! Imagine how dangerous! Canadian tire offers terrible customer service. Please beware fellow purchasers as their garage team is full of incompetents!

CTH8R

#888:

Mark P.:

Thanks to Canadian tire in Leamington for scratching my brand new vehicle. Most incompetent automotive department.
Never trust canadian tire again

Last edited:

CTH8R

#889:

Fab C.:

Just got the worst customer experience at ‪#‎canadiantire‬ auto shop Spryfield, NS. The manager didn't even have the decency to apologize. What a way to treat a regular customer, or ex customer should I say. Not setting foot in there anymore for sure !!! Way to go Canadian Tire

#890:

Kathleen T.: Me too in Richmond Hill. Won't be returning ever. I will be going to Home Depot and an independent auto company from now on. Tired of the lies and scams.

CTH8R

Just for fun:

Chris S.: I like ordering parts from you people, then going home, tearing my car apart, and finding out that you idiots sold me the wrong parts. You guys are full of the good ideas.

CTH8R

Great job, Crappy People!

You worked with Noma on the spec's, tested these products 'for life in Canada', and still decided to put them out on the shelves ... And now you want to enforce your worst-in-sector "Repair Only" policy?

Epic fail, Crappy People! See if anybody wants to roll the dice with your crap next year!

Canadian Tire's Noma Christmas lights breaking and burning out, installers say - Calgary - CBC News

My favourite quote? "These are brand new ... right out of the box." Welcome to your improved Shopping Experience!

Last edited:

CTH8R

#891:

Daniel B.:

I purchased a Brinks single cylinder dead bolt lock from Canadian Tire in east Ottawa today. I installed it on my door, I than tested it to see if everything was fine and it was. I than went out to the store to pick up some stuff and when I got back I attempted to unlock the door than the cylinder locking mechanism rips out and I was unable to unlock the door. I spent three hours outside of my apartment lucky enough my neighbor got home and contacted a lock smith for me. It cost me a $185.00 to unlock the door. I contacted the store for a refund and to possibly reimburse my $185.00 or part of it and they told me they wouldn't it. I use to work at Canadian Tire and trusted their products, now I will never shop at Canadian Tire again and I would encourage people to be cautious as to what they buy from there. 

CTH8R

Not quite ...

Debbie B.:

I just got off the phone with an Canadian Tire representative at their South Store in Thunder Bay (Fort William Road) telling me that the Kayak I purchased online expected to pickup Dec. 23/15 and paid for is going to be cancelled by the store as they can't get to their off site warehouse to pick it up. They will not be able to get to it until Feb 2016. So on Dec 24 10:15 am I called the store asked why I haven't heard anything about the pickup email. She told me she has the order but they are busy and would call me later as she had a lineup of people. When she called back 10:44 am. She told me it was offsite unable to get to it. I told her I could of ordered it thru Nipigon store as they had 0 in stock, but could order it, the estimate pickup would be Jan 7/16. (not sure if this is a true estimated date) She said Nipigon is a smaller store and their store is too large to keep it in their receiving area. Last week I had also came into Thunder Bay South store. The sporting goods employee said it was offsite but nothing was said that they couldn't get to it till spring. They even phoned another store to see if they could ship it to Thunder Bay. This store refused to ship as it would cost too much money. So why have a online store if you can't even pick up the merchandise from the store, It should of have a note saying unable to ship backdate till spring? How long should I have to wait for any contact from the store if I hadn't called the store? It would of given me another day to shop instead of waiting for someone to call me. I realize it's Christmas but as a former employee of a store that had an offsite warehouse. A company is in the business to sell anything and everything they have in stock!. You never know when a customer wants to purchase summer merchandise in winter. The store could of kept a couple of Kayaks in receiving and up sell the customer. If you can't do it then you must call the customer ASAP. Fix Online shopping for no confusion and unhappy customers who are trying to shop. I have lost confidence in your store and especially your Online store. You are in the business to sell, right! Debbie B

CTH8R

Decisive!

#892:

Neil G.:

#‎CTWishAndWin‬

I am really dissapointed. Supposedly I won a 250 V welder. Correspondence then indicated that I had 'won' the wire instead. Correspondence again.... so back to winning the welder...... value on sale apx $600.00.

Today I received a letter from Canadian Tire Wish and win. Inside was a whimpy letter.... stating that according to previous correspondence, the item was out of stock, so would not be shipped.

I received no such correspondence. What I got was:

Thank you for confirming your details.

We will provide you an update once your product has left our shipping facilities. You can expect to receive your prize within 2 to 8 weeks.

End quote.

Today..... I have received a card and 2 gift cards totalling $60.00.

I wonder..... is that what you did with everyone who won???

I will be cancelling the order for products from Canadian Tire for products that would have been used with the prize.

Along with the products I purchased to go along with the prize.

Shame on you for a farsical contest and 'win'.

Canadian Tire has lost both my respect and business.

Neil G.

CTH8R

#893:

This year's grinch would be Canadian Tire. Thanks for selling me a Christmas tree that breaks on Christmas Eve and then having a return policy whereby I cannot return or exchange my expensive tree for another. My suggestion to you is to really look at your policies. I've had this tree for a little over a month and was hoping to enjoy it with family for years to come but because of this ridiculous policy of yours I will need to spend more money next year on another tree. You can bet I won't be getting another tree or any other products from you any time in the future.

CTH8R

#894:

Justin L,:

If they sold her a defect tree that isn't working, they should stand behind the products they sell. Not hard to verify if it;s broken or not. Poor customer service and one reason not to shop there. Poor service and return policies.

CTH8R

#895:

I think innocent customers who are asked to leave, should be counted too:

Brian Kinley I received a promo card and wasn't told it had an expert date
Was gonna give to my neighbor for christmas
When I was putting it in card my wife noticed the expert date
I went to can tire and told them of the mix up and they claimed no responsibility for not telling me about expiry date
So I shopped at there store 2 more times with card in my wallett not thinking was gonna expire
After not being allowed to talk to manager and told to leave they have created an enemy for a 20$gift/PROMO CARD
FOOLS

CTH8R

#896:

Filip B.:

You have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Ordered tiers on the 21 of nov and they still haven't arrived. When I chat with your customer service the only thing they tell me is to call the store. I ask if they can do that for me since I Have no interest in explaining everything over and over again to every employee, the answer I get is that they don't have any phones at the customer service. At the store they of course know nothing more than what the computer tells them... And that would be the same information that i get if i check my order status online. I will now cancel the order and never visit Canadian Tires again. ‪#‎fuckingjoke‬ ‪#‎worstcustomerservice‬ ‪#‎canadiantire‬

CTH8R

On the fence. I'm sure his next visit will make him join the ranks:

Fenton W.: I recently went to the store in Welland to look for xmas lights only to get ignored by sale lady when asking for help. Really pissed me off. I drove in from out of town because another Canadian tire didn't have what they advertised. So they sent me their haven't been back to one since. Don't know if I ever will again.

CTH8R

NOT on the fence.

#897:

Alice D.: It's not just one of the stores it's all of them Canadian tire sucks.Ill never shop there again.Everytime that's something is on sale they never have it stock.I don't even know why they even send out flyers...

CTH8R

This Boxing Day promotion seems to be back-firing .... again!

#898:

Dave L.: They don't carry what they advertise Canadian tire has lost me as a customer for ever