CTH8R

Time to 'Renew the Vows':

#899:

Becky M.: I went to buy replacement bulbs for my christmas lights and my strand said they were 3.3V and the only replacement ones they had said 3V. The guy told me it doesnt matter the Volt cause thats just for the brightness and when I got them home they didnt even fit into my set. So disappointed. This is y I never go to Canadian Tire!

CTH8R

#900:

Ali F.: More than 23 years I was Canadian tire's customer (according to my bills, I have spent $300.00 since last month).
On Wednesday I had bad experience in Meadowvale Town Centre store in Mississauga. They referred me to Sharon (manager) but she didn't want to accept their fault and finally she sent me to customer care(in meanwhile she dictated same answer to customer care).
So after spending more than half an hour, I left the store and decided to forget Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

#901:

Dan D.: Used to love Canadian tire but will not shop there any more three bad shopping experience since I moved to Alberta
Last straw was standing at the counter for twenty minutes while four different employees passed me multiple times and not one asked me if I needed any assistance
I walked out and went to fountain tire and gave them my money instead

CTH8R

CT just shedding their customer base:

#902:

Connie F.: Still trying to get over the fact that while changing my tires over last year somehow they misplaced 20 chrome plated bolts and when I complained they CT refused to replace them BUT offered replacements at 70$ at my expense NOT to mention auto parts women acted like I was wasting her time when I complained. So upsetting I refuse to go back.

CTH8R

#903:

Niti S.: I had my worst experience at Canadian tire. Never believe that they do price match. I went to the Canadian Tire in Heartland, Mississauga (Mavis and Britannia) and asked them for a price match on a treadmill. After 4 phone calls and tons of pushback they finally agreed. Made me wait for 40 mts saying the item is coming and then finally said they don't have it. The GM there by the name of Dan is the rudest person I have ever met and not helpful at all. While customer service was paging for him he just stood there and never came forward because he did not want to deal with a customer complaint. Worst customer service ever for a retail store. Hope the Canadian tire head office reads this. I don't want anything but an apology would not hurt them. If possible, I will never buy anything there and will always recommend no one to go there.

And also inconsistent with the price match polices among different stores. When I went to the Brampton store on highway 10 ( Shopper's World) they said that they could not match with treadmillfactory.ca because they did not have real stores which they did. When I pointed out that they had 5 stores in southern Ontario they said too bad because they are a clearance outlet. When I said they are not the sports manager said "sorry it's not our fault but a company policy" - yet the Mavis and Britannia store agreed to price match but then found a different lie to not price match. Too bad you have lost my business forever. I know you don't care because you think you are a large organization but trust me when I say that this attitude by your people will hurt your brand name. Again I don't need anything from you but a genuine apology would count.

CTH8R

Just batteries?

Melanie U.:

Friends and family, when you are in need of a battery I do not recommend purchasing it from Canadian Tire. I purchased a battery the end of Feb 2015 and today my car wouldn't start and it couldn't be boosted. Took the battery to Canadian Tire and they said my battery was frozen and my warranty was void. I was told I neglected the battery by not properly charging it. I drove it yesterday to and from work and in the 14 hours my vehicle sat till the time I was to go to work this morning my vehicle wouldn't start.

And the customer service went downhill from there. So after being accused of neglecting my battery and telling me my warranty was void I was clearly upset and raised my voice. The "manager" of this Canadian Tire store in Regina, SK on Albert St then called security and threatened to call the police because I used a swear word. He told me that because the battery was frozen they wouldn't get their money back and that batteries die in the summer too from the heat.

He did tell me that they would test the battery, but that I could buy a new one today. I will never buy a battery from Canadian Tire again, especially after today. And this "manager" needs some managerial training on how to properly deal with a customer. I guess the "customer is always right" does not apply as his resolution to an uncomfortable situation was to raise his voice at me.

Heading to Honda to buy a reliable battery, I'm sure they won't accuse me of neglecting my battery.

CTH8R

#905:

Nathalie C.: I got ripped off so many times and such bad service that I would never use them in any country. Get the details before you attack someone!

CTH8R

Yikes!

Andrea P.: Kids opened one gift each Christmas Eve......both chose gifts I bought from Canadian Tire.
Disappointed !!!
RC truck missing rechargeable battery package . Unable to use.
Next child opens telescope builds it to see full moon , nope can't finish building it due to missing pieces !!!
Fail on gifts from Canadian Tire Yarmouth .

CTH8R

#906:

Shelley P.: See general message losers !!! Don't buy another thing from ct as they are not even Canadian!!

CTH8R

Maybe their next trip will be the push they need:

Heather R.: Hi yes I went to your store with my son yesterday. The points would not go on my card and then to top things off when we used Canadian Tire money we had saved we were given a very hard Time from the manager named Brenda. Not one customer was upset that we were using the money only the manager. Not good customer service not sure if I will shop there again. I have had a CTC card for over 10 years. This was quite embarrassing for my son. Luckily the customers rallied behind him.

CTH8R

Maybe we need to start including on-line fiascos?

Kellie E.:

Super not happy with CTC online. Did an order at 11:37 this am, confirm # stated it would be available after 4:00 today but "please do not proceed to the store until you receive an email notifying you that your order is ready for pick up". Yeah, well, good thing we didn't go because the store personnel and vies me they canceled my order two hours ago (it's now 5:00 on Sunday and all the stores are closing). Still haven't received an email either to confirm the purchase or to advise of the cancellation. When I spoke with staff at the store they advised me that my MasterCard had not been charged… I wasn't satisfied with that answer I was understandably not impressed with the service the website has done for me today. I called the online help 866-746-7287 and spoke with Matt. Now I can only imagine what this online help phone is like on the Boxing Day but Matt was able to speak with me regarding my failed purchase. Interestingly, however, Matt advise me that yes my MasterCard had in fact been charged. Not only that, but it was going to take 48 hours to reimburse my card. Again super not happy. Instant charge but two days before I get my money back. Seriously!
I not only will not be using your online service again, I will be letting everyone know how poor the responsiveness of the website was with regard to the unavailability of the product ordered (despite the website assuring me there was one in the location I had selected) but in the lengthy delay of getting reimbursement to my MasterCard.

CTH8R

#907 & #908 (at least):

Johanna H.:

We purchased a "For Living Lyndon storage bench" (product #68-9543-4) yesterday in our local store and the experience has been a bit of a ***t show.

The bench we originally wanted to purchase showed that it was in stock, but none could be found anywhere in store. No, we enjoyed the 45 minute wait to be disappointed though. So we selected a similar more expensive bench. This is probably the 5th time this has happened to us over the past 2 years. The disorganization is astounding... embarassing really!

Today when we unboxed the Lyndon storage bench to build it, there were no instructions and no list of pieces, so we don't even know if we have everything we need. We looked online and placed 2 different calls to customer service to see if they could email us a PDF of the assembly instructions for the bench. We were told it could take up to 48 hours to have those instructions emailed to us. Who has time for that kind of bullp**p? How hard is it to attach a file to an email and press send? It is a prime example of how Canadian Tire needs to greatly improve their Customer Service (among other things) and enable front line workers and give them the skills and tools to do the job right the first time. One thing is for sure, we will never purchase another item again from your group of stores, where they can be purchased elsewhere, regardless of price.

CTH8R

#909:

Carrie B.P.:

Not impressed with Canadian tire bought brand new tires there in November and the front tire keeps losing air. Went there today to get them to check my tire after spending 700. 00 dollars on my tires. i was told i was in luck they had a cancellation and if i could come back in a couple of hours they would look at my tire.I then said i cant come back in 2 hours before i could finish my sentence the man says well you can come tomorrow. I am not sure what he did not understand about losing the air out of my tire?????? Cause where i learnt to drive you kinda need air in the tire to drive. So i took my car to KAL TIRE and they took me right in. So canadian tire i will never purchase another set of tires from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although i am sure you dont care because i am only one person but i would never send any of my friends or family to purchase anything from you.. And a piece of advise for your staff in the tire department tires need AIR in them to be able to drive on them.A very unhappy customer, PS THE VERNON STORE

CTH8R

Johanna H.:

I'm posting here because I have posted twice to the Canadian Tire page and twice they have tried to silence me by removing my Customer Service complaint. The only thing this is encouraging is our family refusing to return to Canadian Tire with our business whenever we have an alternative.

Johanna H.: I'd also like to add that simply removing a customer's social media post of an issue never resolves the issue and it does not make friends! Please Learn from other companies and their epic customer service failures. Take steps to resolve the issue and show the public you have. It results in a PR win. And surprise, a RETAINED and satisfied customer! Gasp!

CTH8R

If this gentleman is waiting to see how the bicycle repair goes, he might as well join the boycott now:

James H.:

In July of this year I purchased a CCM Presto from the Bay and Dundas location and shortly after returned it to have the back tire replaced as it was not tracking properly and wobbling. After picking the bike up the problem was not fixed dispite calling to ask if the work has been done.

This past October that same CCM I had to return as parts literally started to fall off the bike as I was riding it one night.

Management agreed to take the bike back and let me upgrade and pay the difference. I decided to go with a Schwinn Valore.

2 weeks ago I was biking home and the main derailer in the middle where the pedals attach managed to come lose, bend out of shape and seize my back tire as I was making a left turn merely missing a cab as my bike suddenly stopped. And the bake tire was out of alignment and not tracking properly as per my CCM as well.

Once again I took the bike back and went to pick it up this previous Monday after I had to call numerous times to get in touch with someone to find out if it was complete as the bike department does not call to let the customer know despite requesting a call.

So once again I went downtown to pick up my bike (so I had hoped) I got there to discover that only the repair that was done was to the derailer. Some bolts had been replaced and missing the nuts that should also be in place. The tire was not fixed and a brake line that initially was put over the frame rather than under wasn't fixed.

I asked to speak to a manager and was told no one was available as everyone was in a meeting. And the wait would be 30-60 minutes. Eventually I was told that they would have a mechanic come in to fix it on the Tuesday and call me. As of yet I have yet to hear anything.

I love Canadian Tire but this experience is starting to change my view on the store. Especially with a purchase of a $300.00 bike and upgrading to a $500.00 bike.

Is there anything you guys are willing to do to rectify this situation or am I going to take my business else where in the future? Please do not say to email someone. I want Canadian Tire to do the right thing and follow up with me this time they have consistently failed their consumer.

CTH8R

Oh, and when this guy said, "Please contact me", and don't as him to email anyone again, what did Crappy do? They asked him to phone someone, LOL!

Last edited:

CTH8R

#910:

Doug M.:

My girlfriend went to the Barrhaven location (Ottawa) at 7:30 am right when the tire centre opened to get ONE tire changed from a flat. It would have taken 5 minutes. Nope, fully booked, they wouldn't help her out despite there being no cars on the lifts and they hadn't even started on their work orders. So thanks for nothing, Canadian Tire. We'll take our business elsewhere.

CTH8R

#912:

Leslie L.:

My husband and i bought a norditrack elliptical machine. The service in the cambie vancouver location and pick up warehouse was the worst service we have ever experienced. On top of that we took pictures of the damage that ur staff did to the machine in their improper handing of the machine. I will never shop with your store and will be sharing this and the photos on social media. it was the store manager that exhibited the highest disrespect. I will also share this with the BBB, its a huge machine and trying to reload and return is more work than we should have to experience bc of the awful service.