1wildhorse

Well, that's the beauty of free enterprise.

People are free to 'vote with their wallets', and if they don't like a particular retailer anymore, then there's nobody who can force them to shop their.

Personally, that store sounds to me like it's poorly run, in a variety of ways, and nobody seemed to be taking any genuine responsiblity for any of the issues.

I certainly hope this person's injuries (caused by CT negligence) are only minor.

(There have been 1 or 2 complaints where I thought the customer was asking too much, but this isn't one of them.)

Regardless of what you or I might think, CT is down one more life-long customer, and there are more sure to come, too.

agreed.it did sound like that particular ct were very concerned though instead of the usual laughing in the customers face....

CTH8R

This lady only boycotts a specific Crappy Tire.

No hurry - I'm sure she'll boycott them all, eventually ...

Kristel S.E.: I will say there is one Canadian tire where they are all jerks and I avoid it at all costs. My final straw there was last year I was purchasing hockey skates for my oldest and searched everywhere to get him a pair that fit. Finally found them then they say you have to pay for sharpening. I've NEVER bought a new pair of skates and had to pay for the first sharpening even at Canadian tire. This Canadian tire told me well each store is different. I left without the skates. So we just avoid that Canadian tire now

CT Challenger

#208:

Valerie D.P.: I used to think this was the best place to shop, however after my most unpleasant ordeal this past weekend I will never walk through the doors of another Canadian Tire store again, only to return an item for the last time. I am deeply sad about this. I thought this store was one of a kind. Trips to Canada will never be the same.

CT Challenger

#210:

Steve B.: I love to! Except the outdoor stuff I've bought @ CT is missing hardware and Canadian Tire won't do anything to help. Can't return as on seasonal items can't get my money back only store credit. No more shopping at Canadian Tire. Customer Service no help ether. Keeps exchanging emails and apologizing. Big joke.

CTH8R

#211:

Steve B.: the outdoor stuff I've bought @ CT is missing hardware and Canadian Tire won't do anything to help. Can't return as on seasonal items can't get my money back only store credit. No more shopping at Canadian Tire. Customer Service no help ether. Keeps exchanging emails and apologizing. Big joke.

CTH8R

The recent spam by Canadian Tire on Facebook, regarding the perilous 'free' tow, inspired many Canadians to post their boycott proclamations, right there on Crappy Tire's own 'fan' page.

I hope I caught them all before they were deleted:

#212:

Tim O.: The reason I am told is that there machines may damage the wheel with such a low profile tire....... with a business that is CALLED Canadian Tire you would figure that they would lead the way in tire maintenance equipment....I peared in the back and saw that they have the SAME tire machine that I used in highschool over 10 years ago.....the same machine that my father used when he went to that school over 30 years ago.
I will NEVER visit your stores again after this joke of an experience with you. Wasting my time and money, providing a CSR that know little to nothing about the vehicles they are working on and using sub standard equipment.

CTH8R

#213:

Roxanne B.: I went to ct for ONLY a service that consist of only an oil change. Then when I returned from Xmas shopping my truck was still up in the hoist To my surprise they told me me it will cost me 800.00 some dollars then I said who said I needed a new fuel filter? I just replaced it 2 weeks prior... All I said was get my truck off that hoist now. Which they did and I have never been back to ct SINCE!!!!!

CTH8R

#214:

Ollie M.: ^ lmao I have the same program on my PC to "bomb" emails and sms with the same message as many times as I would like... nice try with your automated reply, we're not idiots who you can continue to screw over just for this horrible lack of actual support I will never shop in CT again for anything.. Walmart has everything you have and the few things they don't have there is always home depot / NAPA < The REAL Auto Store !

CTH8R

#215:

Erica R.: No thanks Canadian Tire...we will no longer do business with you and we warn others as well! Time to listen to what everyone is saying on here and ensure that your mechanics are well trained and actually care about the customer.

CTH8R

#216, regarding the 'free' tow:

Pam H.B.: I wouldn't rely on that!
I recently posted a rather nice comment on a recent negative shopping experience.
While posting my post I went through many negative comments and noticed CT responded back on FB to many as they were concerned. Well I got the same response only would I please respond to the customer service w/my contact info. That I did and got an automated response back and that was all I ever got. NO CALL OR CONCERN like they claimed they would and wanted to do. I never did end up buying my pool salt from CT nor do I ever plan on shopping there again. I think a little advise from your US retailers to the south of you may be beneficial.

CTH8R

#217:

Nathalie M.: I got a car starter there a year or so ago 2 days to install 500.00 not inc the starter that was a gift and a year later not working at all and they would not do anything about it. You're company sucks and I would never go there again for anything !!!

CTH8R

#218:

Julie L.: Never again Canadian tire ! Awful service and didn't even get my car completely fixed!!!!!!! They didn't know how to fix it!!! Where are all the real mechanics, that know there job!!!!!!!!!!! I will not shop at another Canadian tire EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CTH8R

#219:

Wes B.: Ya I'm no longer shopping at CT... They shut there doors here early in salmon arm 10 minutes before closing and put there hands on you and guide you out the door... Great customer service !!!!

CTH8R

#220:

Laurie L.: Canadian Tire is also known to screw you over. Just picked up my truck from them yesterday. The BS factor involved was beyond comprehension and I already have a letter into customer service. I haven't used CT to fix my truck in 10 years. Yesterdays service reminded me why...

CTH8R

#221:

Tommy E.: I want to start off by saying I have not been in a Canadian Tire store for at least 7 years Kent and Home Hardware have always done the trick, And after i tell you what happened i am sure you will understand why i will never enter one of your stores again!
Yesterday the 28th of June at 6:00pm i entered your Woodstock,NB store with my brother as we came here on vacation to look for a few things, we found what we were looking for and proceeded to the cash just as i received a phone call on my cell phone (I do have a vulgar tattoo, that i got done when i was “young and dumb” never the less it is on MY body) i answered my phone while i was talking i noticed the cashier scowling at me (tattoo) pointing and telling her customers to look at my tattoo as well, i could tell they were having a great conversation as they kept looking back shaking there heads etc! I was SHOCKED! and realized right there on the spot i was being discriminated against (awesome job) we proceeded through our cash, And as we were ready to leave I pulled a quarter out of my pocket walked over to the discriminating cashier SLAMMED it on her counter and told her (THERE YOU GO, BUY YOURSELF SOME MANNERS)
I don’t know what to think but to tell you one thing for DAMN sure my family WILL NOT enter another Canadian Tire store as long as we live! i am contemplating contacting the local paper as well, And the media as this should not go UNNOTICED great way to make a customer fell like a COMPLETE PILE OF POO. I will await your response and then make my decision.

CTH8R

#222:

Shane K.: look through this page and the complaints, everyone gets the same damn reply (copy and paste perhaps?). Clearly Canadian Tire doesn't care about pleasing their customers! Take your business elsewhere, I certainly am!

Shane K.: by the way, love how you copy and paste this same phrase to everyone on here complaining (and there are quite a few):
Strong customer service is important, we would like to hear more about this. Please contact customer service customerservice@canadiantire.com and let them know about this situation. We will be in touch. Thank you.

Shane K.: Got to love going to purchase a pool that's on sale the morning it went on sale at Canadian tire to only find out they don't have one then be told there is 9 in stock at the store that's 20 minutes away only to drive there with your very excited children in 38 degree weather, wasting gas, time and money to only find out there is none in stock there either and upon asking for the trouble to be given a pool at similar price for the sale price being denied. I emailed you guys and got nothing in return, this is one pissed off Canadian tire customer and I certainly will never be shopping at your stores again!

CTH8R

#223:

Giuseppina R.: Dear Shane,you are very right,my husband just returned back from Canadian tire on Crossroads place,after a very miserable weekend spent going up and down whith them ,and again all we get is (we are sorry for the inconvenient) my advice?Go shop elsewere you will get the same ptoduct everywere,maybe no headache or less stress.(and a big warning from personal miserable experience) do not shop at Canadian tire on weekends,because if there is a screwup ,there is nobody there that can help you until monday beside the cashiers that can not do anyting but take your money.(supervisor or managers or office peoples)

CTH8R

#224:

Ed N.: I purchased a barbecue from Canadian tire about 10 yrs ago. did not have all the parts. the barbecue was almost all together. went back to the store for the parts and the manager accused me of lying and that all I wanted was extra parts. he did not give me the parts so purchased them elsewhere for I believe was less then $5. great customer service lost them a customer for $5. all they want is the sale.

CTH8R

#225:

Matt L.: Canadian tire claims that customer service is their priority, problem is you actually have to follow through with that. Pricing is always terrible, products are crappy, and just try to find a salesperson in the store that actually knows anything. I stopped shopping there after the fourth overpriced piece of garbage broke right out of the box....in my honest opinion it'd be just fine by me if Canadian tire went right out of business, and soon.