CTH8R

Mikila W.: Just had a horrible customer service experience with canadian tire. Tried to buy a bbq off you guys last weekend was told they were out of stock on the one that I wanted but a near by store had 5. So we went to that store just to be told by the staff there that the deal on the grill was exclusive to the last location we were at and did not even bother looking into the differences in price (approx $100)... no one told us this at the first store or else we would have not gone out of the way or bothered going to the other store. From now on I will be taking my business to lowes or home depot that honour their sales chain wide or at least divulge to you before wasting your time if they won't. Not Impressed!

CTH8R

B & S on tires, even!

Alireza R.: I purchased a set of Continental truecontact all season tires- on a good deal, supposedly - today, expecting to install before weekend as they didn't have them in stock.
I was informed later that delivery won't be beforeTHE END OF JULY!!!!!
I find it very dishonest of Canadian Tire to lure in buyers with a good deal, have them pay, and then put forth a ridiculous condition to make them settle for something else.
Oh wait, there is actually a term for this act: BAIT-AND-SWITCH.
I am very disappointed with Canadian Tire.

mark

or maybe because they were on sale the store quickly ran out of stock .. After all they have limited space on the store property .. you can always get a rain check ...

CTH8R

Andreea A.: I am sorry to intrude here, but there is NO OPTION available to start my own post. I feel like expressing my repugnance towards Canadian Tire marketing habits. Yes, it has become a habit now for CT to online advertise products that appear to be available in store, but in fact they have ZERO products at the locations they claim to have in stock. It has happened in the past as well and after politely asking for an explanation I was DISCOURTEOUSLY advised to better call the location to make sure the product is available. I thought checking out online is a trustful way of reassurance...I thought CT UPDATES its SYSTEM on a permanent basis like any other reputable company who cares for its clients and wishes to RETAIN them. I have inquired a store associate about Pay&Pick up option, but I received a reluctant answer, indirectly telling me that this service is not to be trusted either. Unfortunately this FALSE ADVERTISING is a repeated story which I know consider a wake up call.

MoronHunter

Probably the most hated complaint.."YOU ran out of stock"

When I've gone somewhere to purchase something I've wanted REALLY badly from a flyer I arrive early..if they are sold out well I think to myself, " Well perhaps I should have came earlier.."

Sorry but 50 people got to the store before you did..deal with! Manage your time better stop blaming the store for your own doing.. You want something? Get off your ass and arrive early. Plain and simple..

MoronHunter

Mikila W.: Just had a horrible customer service experience with canadian tire. Tried to buy a bbq off you guys last weekend was told they were out of stock on the one that I wanted but a near by store had 5. So we went to that store just to be told by the staff there that the deal on the grill was exclusive to the last location we were at and did not even bother looking into the differences in price (approx $100)... no one told us this at the first store or else we would have not gone out of the way or bothered going to the other store. From now on I will be taking my business to lowes or home depot that honour their sales chain wide or at least divulge to you before wasting your time if they won't. Not Impressed!

Each store is independently owned and operated. I price match any store!! There are lots of store that yes don't care about customers. People just need to put in a better effort and seek out the stores that actually care and operate correctly! I have multiple customers that refuse to shop at any other canadian tire but ours..they drive 40 minutes to shop at our store. Obviously we are doing something right. Take your business elsewhere lady! You soon realize that it has nothing to do with Canadian Tire as a chain but specific stores that just suck at existing. If I eat at a shitty restaurant it doesn't mean that the entire CHAIN sucks??they just might have a shitty chef at that location.

CTH8R

Mason G.: Nice ... have a complaint - these guys ignore it. I'll remember you next time I need something you sell

Mason G.: I should first like to say that I wrote a polite note through the form on your website over two weeks ago. I find it offensive that I have to go public to have a concern addressed. It's not how I care to do my business.
I went to buy something in the Brantford store. They were out of stock. I had an additional scratch coupon which would have guaranteed at a minimum, an extra $5.00 off. That made the product very attractive (the special price was good to begin with but... I was on time to take advantage of the special AND the scratch coupon. They did not have stock - I cannot be responsible for that. I offered to pay in advance to take advantage of best price. They declined. I think they have been unfair - particularly in light of the fact that I was there on time and ready to pay.

CTH8R

Is this a Bait & Switch complaint? Or a SCOP complaint? A bit of both?

Marni D.: I'm not impressed that Canadian Tire Smithers won't honor SCOP. They used every excuse from SCOP not to be used on sale items to our flyers are different from other CT stores. According to the manager I was viewing a Terrace flyer so that sale price wouldnt be effective there . They told my husband who was trying to deal with this for me by telling him that he was using an internet flyer. I tried to deal with this over the phone saying that the internet AND flyer both said the same sale price. Nope. Different stores..different prices.

See also https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...stuff-ctc-legally-2.html?highlight=free+stuff

CTH8R

Marni D.: I'm still waiting for a response to my email about an explanation on why CT told me that sales prices are "nation wide" yet the Smithers BC manager is saying no and that their prices are different/higher. Who would want to shop in Smithers if it is more expensive to shop there? I bet the Smithers customers don't realize they are paying higher prices. Please clarify to help us customers receive the best value.

CTH8R

Trish C.: Why have stuff in the flyer if the stores can't even stock it? My husband just got home from the Steinbach location, 40 minutes away, to purchase 2 of Product # 299-2447-6 and they didn't even have any! He was the first one through the door. Not the first time this has happened either.

CTH8R

Barrie D.: What stupidity. On Sunday Canadian Tire is promoting LED spotlights for Christmas. Went to the CT store today. Sold out and they have no pllanst o restock! What's with that. They begin advertising a product and when you want t it they tell you get lost. And it is still November. Last time I shop at Midland Canadian Tire

CTH8R

Barb W.: Canadian Tire very disappointented.. 3 stores and the items were listed (in stock) and they aren't.. I thought the reason for your up to date online time was so that customers didn't waste their time running around.. guess I was wrong...

CTH8R

Barrie D.: What stupidity. On Sunday Canadian Tire is promoting LED spotlights for Christmas. Went to the CT store today. Sold out and they have no pllanst o restock! What's with that. They begin advertising a product and when you want t it they tell you get lost. And it is still November. Last time I shop at Midland Canadian Tire

CTH8R

Christina P.C.: Currently NOT impressed at all. I have been trying to Track down a set of the bliss laser lights that are on sale. I KNOW this is a popular item. Inventory on your website is very misleading. I learned the hard way when I drove to a location who said they had "4" in stock, only to find out that was incorrect. They were very nice and called around to neighboring stores. I made calls to stores further away and one store in Hamilton told me they had some in and took my name and told me it would be at customer Service. Drove close to an hour in crappy weather got there, only to realize the girl was mistaken and there were no lights in stock. REALLY REALLY annoyed! I wasted valuable time AND gas to drive to this all because this associate gave me wrong information. If you can track one down in the GTA please let me know because at this point, I don't trust anyone who I speak to over the phone. SUPER disappointed and what a colossal waste of time

CTH8R

Marni D.: I've been dealing with them via email. CT says the sales flyer and prices are nation wide but the Smithers store is saying no that their prices are higher. They won't SCOP my item cuz according to Smithers the sale price was the price my husband paid. I don't care about the SCOP now but I want people to know how t get the best value and know what price to pay and know that it is cheaper to shop at other CT stores and clarify why they say every flyer is the same price yet a manager is saying different.

CTH8R

Rob S.: went in for two things from a flyer and they said we do not have them.....and then they said no rainchecks.
I thought we had a an agreement you have said you have a product and I have money....let's trade.......but CTire then reneged.....someone else has mentioned bait and switch hmmmmmmm

CTH8R

Zeno I.:

What a joke of a company you guys are running. If you don't honour your advertised prices then maybe you need a new marketing management team that can proof your flyer ads before they go to print. If Canadian Tire would have done this I wouldn't have had to drive to 2 different locations today on the beginning of the long weekend. Plus the management and customer service team at the west Edmonton store could use a little help learning to treat the customers better. I also learned today that the west Edmonton store is privately owned and does not practice the same business practices as the store in St Albert or maybe the rest of the Canadian Tire chain. After calling the 1-800 customer service number I found that they expect the customer to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the advertised price from the flyer. I will no longer be reader your flyers at home or on line from this point on or shopping at any CT store whether it is privately owned or part of the chain that obviously doesn't care if they make their customers drive 30 plus kms to be let down.... What a joke

CTH8R

Loraine G.:
Very disappointed in Canadian Tire today! Made our way over for the start of the 4 day sale to buy the bag of bird seed in the flyer only to find it sold out within the first hour. Obviously there were very few to start. Why even bother putting that in the flyer???