Canadian Tire Sucks at Parts - Auto Parts, Defective, Incorrect, Used, Non-Returnable, No Stock

CTH8R

Ok, time to split there recurring complaints into a new thread:

Matthew P.: Bought a starter for my car from the Winnipeg polo park store (Hade to tap mine to get it going) after returning home and removing the old one I went to put the new one in to my surprise it didn't fit now I had to reinstall the old one again (tap on it) and drive back to the store to be told ( can't be returned i tried to install it) after talking to the store manager who was rude I did eventually get the part I needed but was such a big waste of time and effort! And I know this is not the review page but had to share my experience

CTH8R

Ed R.: Truck parts at Can-tire 321.00 +12% HST, Identical NEW parts on Ebay 101.00 USD with free shipping to my parcel receiving service in Blaine. I'd say It's a NO brainer on that one.

CTH8R

Fred S.: Well my moment was not very good in Lindsay Ontario. I was given the wrong light for my car, I clearly removed a 9005 , and was given a 9006 that will not even plug into my car. So my moment is not very pleasant, as I now have to spend 10 dollars in gas to replace a 10 dollar light

CTH8R

Christian L.: ..Like when they sold me the wrong part for my car, at 20:50 on a blistering -23° wednesday evening.. So I missed a day of work and had to go back to the store and argue with a 17 year-old guy at the counter, who did'nt believed me it was the wrong part... I'm sorry I did'nt took a picture...

CTH8R

Your 'Canadian Moment'?

Stephen-andCathie D.: Like waiting at the parts counter for 1/2 an hour only to be told, we can order it for you.

CTH8R

Cristal C.: I agree with kayla. Terrible customer service. Hubby just returned home from having being given a wrong belt. I called ahead to make sure. They said they had four. Even gave four prices. I told them i had to get a ride. I was stranded and needed to know the part was there. Once he got there a teenager took 40mins to tell hubby they only had one. Well he went to the car with it and it's the wrong one. A $20 cab ride tomorrow is going to cost as much as the part. C'mon canadian tire! You'v gotta step up before your customers move on!

CTH8R

Melody M.: Haven't gone to a Canadian Tire since my experience years ago where I stood in the automotive section waiting for half an hour for a sales person to find the sales person responsible for the automotive section. After telling him what kind of car I drive, he gave me the wrong part and I had to return it after purchasing it and trying to install it. Big waste of my time. Don't advertise on my FB page.

CTH8R

Jordi L.: Just had the worst customer service EVER at the Belleville, ON location. I was a fan of Canadian Tire, but now I will take my business ANYWHERE else when I need car parts. Most annoying thing about the whole experience, too, was after being treated like crap, I try to put a complaint in at Customer Service, who then provided me with the Customer Relations number. Guess what that number is when I call it? Hansler Pallet Products.

CTH8R

Dylan G.: How am I supposed to embrace winter with those terrible winter wipers you sold me that don't work? And that you refuse to take back because I "could have bought them somewhere else, they all look the same." Nothing like accusing your customers of fraud.

CTH8R

Margaux W.: They didn't even get back to me. Basically they told my boyfriend his part was at another location. we drove out there, an hour or so away to the store. we got there and they said that the part had been received in the store TWO years ago. When the employee went to look for the part, nothing was found. I hate canadian tire passionately.

CTH8R

Rod P.: Nothing like having to go to Home Depot to by a belt for a Canadian Tire branded snowblower, due to the fact CT did not have stock on one, nor did it even have a home on the shelf. YOU GUYS DON'T CARRY PARTS FOR YOUR OWN PRODUCTS????????????

CTH8R

Edwin S.: I had to goto Home Depot to buy a new belt for my Canadian Tire drill press. They sell the machines but dont stock belts or parts. And it isnt an uncommon part to change. Canadian Tire is customer servive sucks the big one.

CTH8R

Rod P.: Chris: Its a 4l-430 belt, meaning it's i/2 wide by 43 inch long. Not only was it not in stock, it did not even have a home for one. The sad thing is I went to the auto parts counter and asked the "head" parts guy if he could find me a belt with the same dimensions, and all I got was the deer in the headlights look from him.

CTH8R

Bob A.: I really try hard to avoid purchasing anything from CTC. Their auto parts are crap. I used to spend over $1000 a year there but for the last 20 years have made a point of not buying anything from them.

CTH8R

Terry R.: Yes, I am missing the tires and rims I ordered for my truck back on Nov 24, 2012. I was told they would be at the store in 2 weeks. Seven weeks later still no rims.

CTH8R

Al M.: Soooo, even though my loving wife took the ownership into Canadian Tire with her to pick up rear brake pads for our 2002 Chev Impala the guy didn't want to see it "I don't need it" he told her.
Well guess what, our car is now disabled in the yard, up on a jack and wont be moving until we get the CORRECT BRAKE PADS!
What is the point of selling car parts to weekend grease monkeys if you cannot get it right?
Now with no car how am I supposed to get the parts exchanged when we live 20+ minutes from the store?
How is the wife supposed to get to work tomorrow?
To say Im a little miffed would be putting it mildly.
Thanks http://www.facebook.com/Canadiantire for once again earning that popular slant on your name.
Saturday score for us a big fat 0.

CTH8R

Sabrina H.: I have wasted so much time trying to find replacement filters for my jobmate shop vac that is sold in your stores. No salesman can assist me or tell me where to get them. Whys do you sell products with no intention of providing the necessary accessories and replacement parts?

CTH8R

Michael G.: Canadian Tire blows. Can't even get vehicle parts right after looking them up on Computer. Adverstise merchandise that they don't even have on the floor. Worst store ever.

CTH8R

Joey R.: Called the parts department for brakes on my truck and the parts person couldn't figure out how to use the system properly. Was not happy went else where for parts. I would of spent around 400$ for brakes all around.

CTH8R

Danielle B.: In Embrun, ON, the auto parts section really sucks! You call to make sure they have the part you need and when you go, there was a mistake made and they don't have the part! Popcorn store is what some people call it!