M

MikeChablis

I would like to initiate a Canadian Tire Boycott.

I've purchased one too many defective products where the warranty is not honoured for some ridiculour reason. It is a pattern and I'd like to use this and other forums to urge shoppers to buy their hardware, tires, homeware, gas, whatever.....somewhere else.

Posting here is preaching to the converted so I'd like to suggest that each reader or poster talk to their friends, family, facebook and linkedin colleagues, work colleagues...everyone you can think of for that matter.

Wherever possible, on electronic forums of all kinds, please get the word out. Personally, I have had much better luck with Costco which has less selection but far better prices, quicker checkout lines, friendlier staff (albeit hard to find), and they truly honour their warranty without having to bring your lawyer along. CT is stuck in the dark ages and it is time they get a wakeup call.

I think I will create a web widget that highlights that Canadian Tire Sucks by pointing readers to accurate information on forums like this one and can be easily dropped on your facebook page, iGoogle, mySpace etc.

What say you? Shall we put the boots to this horrible store?

Guest-0061

Posted by an unregistered user
I've tried telling people I know and most of them just sort of give me a glazed look as if I must have done something wrong to earn the shitty service.
You can't win with Canadians. They always side with power and never with the underdog.

Guest-0130

Yeah the crappytire also discriminate people
Like they advertised the stuff online and dump paper at your door
They missed print, and when you wasted all your gas go there to get the product and one they said they don't have second they have it they hiden them inside the warehouse
Third they said it's a missed print and said nothing we could do- to me this a fraud advertisement

I have wasted my time all three days go around there stores to find the products
Some of the manager will honour the price but some are real asshole and said call the corporate helpdesk
The women at the helpdesk also nasty and said nothing they can do and said it is up to manager discretion - I think this is bullshit

This is my last time ever buy anything from them
I spent thousand of dollars to supported them and they turned around and said not much they can do

Tonight I will return all the stuff that I have

Guest-0110

They missed print, and when you wasted all your gas go there to get the product and one they said they don't have second they have it they hiden them inside the warehouse
Third they said it's a missed print and said nothing we could do- to me this a fraud advertisement

I have wasted my time all three days go around there stores to find the products
Some of the manager will honour the price but some are real asshole and said call the corporate helpdesk
The women at the helpdesk also nasty and said nothing they can do and said it is up to manager discretion - I think this is bullshit

I spent thousand of dollars to supported them and they turned around and said not much they can do

Good luck with those returns. Unless the items are in pristine condition and you didn't violate some unwritten Canadian Tire return policy (such as the wind was blowing from the west), you'll be stuck.

Guest-0132

I get a good laugh and then, I also shake my head in disappointment. I can believe some of the comments I read but, it's unfortunate that so few live in a "it's about me" world. When I say "few", I mean the ones that have no idea what they are talking about. The days of Sears and Eatons, are over. Even Walmart is not so "forgiving" for those that just have to try something and expect that they can just take it back, because they don't like it. If you all believe that this is the cost of doing business then why have the companies that I mentioned, including Canadian Tire, have had to stop the bleeding. SEARS, in it's hayday, used to have the motto "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money refunded". I remember that you could buy pretty much anything and return it within a year and any BS excuse for why you didn't want it any more was accepted and they gave you your money back. They also had a system of warehouse stores for "gently used" products, trying to recoop their losses by selling under cost, maybe the vendor helped, maybe not.

When it comes to service though, there is no excuse. People who are paid to serve people have to do it emphatically and be real. Customers who have a problem need to be served professionally no matter what. I am sick of hearing how a person is deemed rude just because they say no however. These are the "it's about me" people. If you have time to write on blogs, you have time to research before you buy. If you need warranty work, hold on to your receipt. That's your proof of purchase. Just because it reads Mastercraft or Motomaster on it, doesn't mean your entitled to get it repaired, replaced or refunded. Don't forget, Canadian Tire employs about 60,000 Canadians throughout their system, not a small number and we all know someone who works or worked there before. If you have a real problem, most stores will make it right but they can smell through BS too! Be real and they'll do right by you.

Guest-0110

I get a good laugh and then, I also shake my head in disappointment. I can believe some of the comments I read but, it's unfortunate that so few live in a "it's about me" world. When I say "few", I mean the ones that have no idea what they are talking about. The days of Sears and Eatons, are over. Even Walmart is not so "forgiving" for those that just have to try something and expect that they can just take it back, because they don't like it. If you all believe that this is the cost of doing business then why have the companies that I mentioned, including Canadian Tire, have had to stop the bleeding. SEARS, in it's hayday, used to have the motto "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money refunded". I remember that you could buy pretty much anything and return it within a year and any BS excuse for why you didn't want it any more was accepted and they gave you your money back. They also had a system of warehouse stores for "gently used" products, trying to recoop their losses by selling under cost, maybe the vendor helped, maybe not.

When it comes to service though, there is no excuse. People who are paid to serve people have to do it emphatically and be real. Customers who have a problem need to be served professionally no matter what. I am sick of hearing how a person is deemed rude just because they say no however. These are the "it's about me" people. If you have time to write on blogs, you have time to research before you buy. If you need warranty work, hold on to your receipt. That's your proof of purchase. Just because it reads Mastercraft or Motomaster on it, doesn't mean your entitled to get it repaired, replaced or refunded. Don't forget, Canadian Tire employs about 60,000 Canadians throughout their system, not a small number and we all know someone who works or worked there before. If you have a real problem, most stores will make it right but they can smell through BS too! Be real and they'll do right by you.

Piss on all that. Walmart's return policy leaves Canadian Tire in the dust. Not only that, as a business, Walmart is blowing the doors off Canadian Tire. So tell me who has the model of success here.
It's your shitty attitude that will be the ultimate downfall of Canadian Tire. They treat people like trash when there is a legitimate issue because they think like you do. If someone comes in with a problem, it has to be BS. It's not about "it's about me" either, although Canadian Tire seems to think it's about them with no problem. Not every customer is out to screw the company they deal with, but you can be sure most Canadian Tire outlets are out to screw the customer.

Guest-0139

The people who have the time and energy to post to this site are the type of people Canadian Tire does not need shopping in their stores.

Guest-0110

The people who have the time and energy to post to this site are the type of people Canadian Tire does not need shopping in their stores.

Yeah it sure takes so much time and energy to post on here. By the time I finish posting, I'm just exhausted. Also, you just made a post, so I guess you won't be going back to Canadian Tire since, according to your own "logic", they don't need you. Give your head a shake, idiot.

Guest-0164

Yeah it sure takes so much time and energy to post on here. By the time I finish posting, I'm just exhausted. Also, you just made a post, so I guess you won't be going back to Canadian Tire since, according to your own "logic", they don't need you. Give your head a shake, idiot.
wow bitch fest much... I find it funny that some one will "boycott" a store but continue to obsess about it. And the ealier post was correct all retail stores are tightning return policies... Just becasue you haven't had a problem (yet) with say walmart doesn't mean that there return policies are more slack. Furthermore... the return policies shouldn't be slack... do you have any idea the waste produced in the world by people returning things they decided they didn't want. If an item is returned but cannot be resold it goes in the garbage. The store may get a partail or full credit for that returned item but it is still destroyed and all becasue someone decided they were done renting it and wanted there money back.

Guest-0110

wow bitch fest much... I find it funny that some one will "boycott" a store but continue to obsess about it. And the ealier post was correct all retail stores are tightning return policies... Just becasue you haven't had a problem (yet) with say walmart doesn't mean that there return policies are more slack. Furthermore... the return policies shouldn't be slack... do you have any idea the waste produced in the world by people returning things they decided they didn't want. If an item is returned but cannot be resold it goes in the garbage. The store may get a partail or full credit for that returned item but it is still destroyed and all becasue someone decided they were done renting it and wanted there money back.

Just like you're obsessing over us "bitching" about it, asshole? More and more Canadians are waking up and saying to businesses that we will not have our hard-earned money ripped off by an opportunistic enterprise that comes up with ridiculous excuses not to be responsible for the things they sell.

Guest-0496

No doubt! There are more than enough sheep-like Canadians who will shop at CT just because it's Canadian and it's not Walmart.

I just found this site by googling "Canadian Tire Sucks" and not because I am trying to return anything or get more stupid Canadian Tire money than is my due, but because Canadian Tire's service and attitude sucks, from Corporate, through the call centre, down to the management and staff of each store. I can't wait to see how Walmart kicks their ass. It's about time.

Guest-0495

No doubt! There are more than enough sheep-like Canadians who will shop at CT just because it's Canadian and it's not Walmart.

I just found this site by googling "Canadian Tire Sucks" and not because I am trying to return anything or get more stupid Canadian Tire money than is my due, but because Canadian Tire's service and attitude sucks, from Corporate, through the call centre, down to the management and staff of each store. I can't wait to see how Walmart kicks their ass. It's about time.

More faker advocate fake posts. Finding old threads that he just "fell" upon. Knows the whole corporate structure at CT though....just as I thought, disgruntled former employee via one of his personalities. Loser.

CT Challenger

More faker advocate fake posts. Finding old threads that he just "fell" upon. Knows the whole corporate structure at CT though....just as I thought, disgruntled former employee via one of his personalities. Loser.

Welcome to the site!

It exists because CT sucks so much, but the self-appointed ct rep would like the world to think that ct's customers (should I say "victiims"?) are all just a bunch of whiners. Lots more proof being added every day about just how bad a store it is.

Oh, by the way: "faker advocate" is ct-speak for "smart consumer".

CTH8R

... fake posts.

no, real post, dumb ct rep.

Finding old threads that he just "fell" upon.

well, that's sure how google works.

any evidence that it isn't? of course not - just another self-appointed ct rep pretending that all is well with their crap-tastic store, lol.

Knows the whole corporate structure at CT though

another typical ct lie. nobody said any such thing.

that's why nobody believes anything the self-appointed ct reps write - there's just too many lies coming from them.

....just as I thought, disgruntled former employee via one of his personalities. Loser.

any reason to think so? no, of course not.

self-appointed ct reps think its ok to post just any old crap here.

then they whine that nobody believes them! "LOL Hilarious", to quote CT-Me, the classic CT whiner/liar.

CT Me / Lawguy

b'ahahahaha
let's do some simple investigation
1994 - Walmart first comes to Canada.
2011 - Walmart is still in Canada

1994 - Canadian Tire over 70 years in business in Canada
2011 - Canadian Tire still doing business in Canada, and growing

= 17 years, Walmart has not shrunk or sunk Canadian Tire.

Keep waiting to see "Walmart kick Canadian Tire's ass" - they're doing so well

CT Me / Lawguy

Hey how's the boycotting going? LOL Read em and weep losers

Apple Store Outperforms Other Canadian Retailers

Most shopped Canadian Retailers and Top Rewards Programs. Looky looky, Canadian Tire is in the house!

I wonder how this stacks up against the report that was invented by a ct hater on here "top 20 retailers in Canada" that never existed hahaha anyone want to step up and claim to be the liar who made that straight up LIE!?
That's okay, you can just issue an apology and a retraction from a dead straight lie, we understand that being buried by two guys with knowledge and experience can be frustrating to your lies.

canadiantiresucks.net FAIL

J

JuNGLiSTiC

Take the money you get back and go to Chapters and buy the book "English for Dummies"

Guest-0532

Take the money you get back and go to Chapters and buy the book "English for Dummies"

So, now you have to go back almost 2 years to find someone to pick on, huh?

That's the best job CT people can do? Try to make fun of people who don't even post here anymore?

It's always easier to criticize your own customers, instead of making meaningful corrections to your own poor business practices that frustrated people have pointed out to you.

Shame on you, lazy CT people!

CT Me / Lawguy

So, now you have to go back almost 2 years to find someone to pick on, huh?

That's the best job CT people can do? Try to make fun of people who don't even post here anymore?

It's always easier to criticize your own customers, instead of making meaningful corrections to your own poor business practices that frustrated people have pointed out to you.

Shame on you, lazy CT people!

Yes it's much stronger to say....... select a failed business venture from 30 years ago and pick on it.
or.... perhaps take an isolated incident where a customer died at a store and suggest it's how things happen in 480 stores across Canada.
or.... one incident regarding a bicycle.... yes one.... in 80 years, at once store out of 480......

That's the best CT haters can do.

We listen to frustrated customers. we don't listen to whiny asshats who can't see anthing except through shit coloured glasses. Your intent is 100% NOT to offer constructive criticism in areas that need improvement. Your attitude and all of the postings on here clearly show "fuck you Canadian Tire" as an attitude. So are any of us going to listen to what you are unhappy about.........NO