Canadian Tire Sucks at: Tools (Repair Only, Warranty not honoured, No Refund or Exchange)

CTH8R

A battery-powered chainsaw? Nobody ("I mean nobody") thinks it's gonna work:

Peter D.: batteries seem kind of small for 20 v batteries the amp hours on the batteries are probably low meaning they will not keep their charge very long,check out the line of Milwaukee tools at guillevin international in Bathurst nb 5 years on the tools and three years on the battery and now introducing brushless power!!!!

CTH8R

The true meaning of "Lifetime Warranty":

Al L.: Years ago, my brother bought a power tool, can't remember the name, when it died, a few months after he bought it, he was asked, did it die, when he said yes, they told him ,"Well then thats the end of its life" ,so no replacement , and no repair..

1wildhorse

i believe i covered the chainsaw story already(although i may have called it a poulan instead of a greenworks).total garbage,give me a husky or a stihl any day

CTH8R

An important warning to people who think its safe to count on CT standing behind their own store-brand tools:

Richard M.:. I return a defective nail gun that was brand new unused and a defective Mastercraft product and they told me they wanted to send out for repair I bought it to use that day not to have sent out for repair. When they wouldn't give me a new one I just left the jungke with them reported the problem to Canadian Tire MasterCard and Canadian Tire at office. Alls I got was the run around for 6 months . so I cancelled my Canadian Tire MasterCard and paid it off even though a hundred eighty dollars on it only that was for the nail gun because I felt if I didn't pay it they would screw my credit rating. No one from Canadian Tire try to resolve this. When I cancel my credit card and told him why was canceling it they suddenly seem to be concerned. I thought they were going to do something for me. What did they do. They had the Langley store say that they would give me a new nail gun . The project that I purchased the nail gun for was already done. Plus I was so pissed off at them not I don't want to nail gun anymore or any other Mastercraft product. They gave me 30 days to pick it up or they said they would destroy it. If the product is so good why would they destroy it. string you along for 6 months and then give you 30 days to take care of it. at this point I've lost my faith in Canadian Tire they have proven to me they don't care about me as a consumer I was probably one of the most loyal customers they ever have had . But that doesn't count for anything very un Canadian. Canadians don't rip each other off. The best thing you can do is let everyone know how you were treated by Canadian Tire. Its been over a year now and losers still haven't tried to resolve this. you would think as a business that would be in their best interest. especially since I spent over $3000 you're there for the past 15 years. I have a ton of Mastercraft products like I said they used to be my go to store for everything and anything . My best advice is to spread the word don't buy anything there until you're completely satisfied with Canadian Tire what you never will be because they won't get back to you. Its up to them to make the effort to correct the correct the situation when they're wrong it's not up to you . so spread the word and have a fantastic day you deserve it . Cheers sincerely richard M.

CTH8R

Something to keep in mind about CT's store brands:

CTC decides what quality level they want and what price point they want, plus the return options they want the manufacturer so support.

So, this argument that 'oh, we didn't make it, we just sell it' is a dodge, plain and simple.

Plus the laws for defective products say the retailer has to refund for defective goods, because selling a defective product is a misrepresentation that it's of merchantable quality.

1wildhorse

hey i cant legally comment here,but you all know my thoughts here if you look back a little to when i could say what i thought!!still 5k is 5k......just sayin'

1wildhorse

actually someone else could fill sangria in on what im talking about if they wish.im just legally constrained now cos of the out of court settlement.....

CTH8R

actually someone else could fill sangria in on what im talking about if they wish.im just legally constrained now cos of the out of court settlement.....

So, 1wildhorse is an example of why we don't see a lot on Canlii, about cases like this.

Quite a few people have said that they filed, and got a settlement offer pronto.

Not many say they even had to go to court ... but not many got thousands, either.

Sangria5

Read back and saw your older posts Wildhorse. Interesting that you dealt with Canadian Tire instead of the store owner. Owner1/moaner must not have liked that at all.

CTH8R

Not sure what ct/law/moan/sang is trying to say, but pretty sure it's related to that successful lawsuit that was chronicled over on tha Repair Only thread

The real take-away? Against the law, is illegal!

Last edited: