Canadian Tire Bank Lawsuit

Bimmer Driver

Anyone ever had issues with Canadian Tire Bank? I'd like to hear about their collections and Master Card issues as I am in the process of putting a complaint in to FCAC and preparing a suit against CTFS.

CTH8R

Hey:

There have been various complaints, mainly about aggressive sales people who misrepresent the cards and what fees and extra services will be put on there, and need to be laboriously removed by the new cardholder.

There are a few complaints about the credit being cut off, or rates jacked up.

Not nearly as many complaints, though, as there are for shoddy repairs, crappy products, and the worst return policies of any major Canadian retailers.

Bimmer Driver

Hey:

There have been various complaints, mainly about aggressive sales people who misrepresent the cards and what fees and extra services will be put on there, and need to be laboriously removed by the new cardholder.

There are a few complaints about the credit being cut off, or rates jacked up.

Not nearly as many complaints, though, as there are for shoddy repairs, crappy products, and the worst return policies of any major Canadian retailers.

I wish more people would stand up and fight back, because we as consumers have rights that are being violated by this corporation. The CEO of Canadian Tire was the former CEO of Bell Canada..... if you have ever tried to get customer service from good old Bell then you know what its like.... I guess we all should not be surprised that Canadian Tire is going down that same road.

If there are any of you out there that want to fight back against Canadian Tire Bank for abuse or shoddy customer service, let me know. If there are enough of us lets fight back with a class action suit,-

Lets get together and change the abuse and bullying....

filsanmisan

I am currently being sued because I failed to pay off the ridiculously inflated interest which literally came out of nowhere since I was paying my credit card on time and was got an increase, didn't realize that increase included the interest. Definitely would love to be a class action lawsuit to get the scum where it hurts!!

I wish more people would stand up and fight back, because we as consumers have rights that are being violated by this corporation. The CEO of Canadian Tire was the former CEO of Bell Canada..... if you have ever tried to get customer service from good old Bell then you know what its like.... I guess we all should not be surprised that Canadian Tire is going down that same road.

If there are any of you out there that want to fight back against Canadian Tire Bank for abuse or shoddy customer service, let me know. If there are enough of us lets fight back with a class action suit,-

Lets get together and change the abuse and bullying....

CT Challenger

Sorry to hear about your poor treatment.

I got tricked into taking one of these rip-off cards, and they immediately tacked on Balance Protection, Roadside Assistance, and
some other crap I didn't want or even know about. There were weekly calls for months, before I gave up & told them to shove it.

It was never worth it, for the minuscule gas saving that enticed me to take on this card in the first place.

I hope you can get out of their clutches soon, and move on with a Crap Free life!