What's the Deal with the Owners/Dealers?

CTH8R

This claim that the customers have the upper hand in retailer transactions is ludicrous.

The countless ways the store owners control the buying experience and the terms of the sales are staggering, and some of those factors were outlines on a different thread.

Even the legislation that has finally been enacted, is inadequate to fully protect consumers, and is not widely known.

What power do consumers really have?

The power to shop somewhere else - that's it.

Some people are hopeful that CT will mend their ways, but there are no indications of this at all.

Really, the core message of this site can only be one thing: we must all take our business elsewhere.

Last edited:

Sangria5

This claim that the customers have the upper hand in retailer transactions is ludicrous.

The countless ways the store owners control the buying experience and the terms of the sales are staggering, and some of those factors were outlines on a different thread.

Even the legislation that has finally been enacted, is inadequate to fully protect consumers, and is not widely known.

What power do consumers really have?

The power to shop somewhere else - that's it.

Some people are hopeful that CT will mend their ways, but there are no indications of this at all.

Really, the core message of this site can only be one thing: we must all take our business elsewhere.

I don't believe the conspiracy theory that CT8her is preaching; however, the number of posters on his blog is probably a better indication.

CTH8R

Typical Troll post - safe to ignore.

One would expect all players on the same team, to follow the same play-book.

But after Crappy Tire Corp plead Guilty on that Conspiracy charge for price-fixing, you'd think they'd shy away from using the term - these Moaner/Owner/Angry people have less shame than Rob Ford!

Last edited:

Owner 1

You know as i was doing my inventory order today it occurred to me that in your ridiculous approach to everything you copy from fb or post yourself on here, that you really have no idea who we are and what we do. Youve got very little beyond pressure washer warranties and car batteries to gripe about.

Millions in dollars of my business is outside of that. This weekend people bought a huge range of stuff from me. Mop bucket, household cleaners, ski gloves, fishing lures, spatula, light bulbs, soil and seeds, windshield washer fluid, kids car seat, vacuum bags, furnace filters, shovels, tv cables, paint, hunting knife, skates, snowmobile oil, flashlights, furniture, plumbing parts, iron, diesel fuel additive, canning jars..... That barely scratches the surface. These are things that hundreds of thousands of Canadian consumers come to us for every day. Stuff they need. Stuff they want! EVERY DAY!!!!

Maybe the reason you don't understand is because your big claims about not having shopped at ct for years. Cool. Then you're ranting about something you know NOTHING about. You are in no position to and carry no credibility on the subject of Canadian Tire if you haven't been to many of them or even one of them in that long. All three of you regulars.
You speak from a position of ignorance.

Let the consumer speak with their wallets!

CTH8R

Youve got very little beyond pressure washer warranties and car batteries to gripe about.

I'm glad Moaner/CTMe/Lawguy has finally admitted that the above are problem areas at his store, where customers have a legitimate gripe.

I expect nothing will be done to correct these issues that are finally being acknowledged.

But don't be fooled: these are far from the only problem areas. There are many threads on the various areas:

- Tires, including service.
- Automotive repairs.
- All the other "Repair Only" and "No Warranty" products he sells.
- Terrible customer service (in last place, now that Zellers is gone).

Mop bucket, household cleaners, ski gloves, fishing lures, spatula, light bulbs, soil and seeds, windshield washer fluid, kids car seat, vacuum bags, furnace filters, shovels, tv cables, paint, hunting knife, skates, snowmobile oil, flashlights, furniture, plumbing parts, iron, diesel fuel additive, canning jars.....

Hmmm ... the one thing these all have in common? Except for the iron, they are things that they either need no inspection to confirm they aren't defective, or one can be fairly easily inspect them.

(Oh, but maybe light bulbs aren't safe - if you get them home and they don't work, they might just be "repair only", LOL!

Great choices, Moaner/CTMe/Lawguy! The ones the are basically fool-proof, and thus safe to buy at Crappy Tire!

CT Challenger

After being drawn into a pointless debate with a Troll, 1wildhorse wrote at https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...survive-coming-competition-21.html#post11761:

he hasnt actually addressed the issue anyway...

That's exactly the point.

The Troll is just going onto random threads and tossing out false statement, accusations, and insults.

Trolls hope that the regular posters will 'take the bait', will start arguing these pointless comments, and this take an otherwise useful discussion off into the weeds.

Some of this might be simple hostility on the Troll's part, towards those who have recognized the terrible practises that go on at Crappy Tire, and try to warn others.

There is also the Trollish hope, that consumers will doubt the truths that are being posted here, and will continue to risk their hard-earned money at the Red Triangle of Crap stores.

In any case, the solution is to ignore the bait, and 'switch' (get it?) to topics that will be of use to our fellow Canadian consumers.

CT Challenger

After a while, you'll come to recognize the telltale signs of a Troll post.

For instance, vague statements. An example is "The majority rules". What does that mean? The majority of retailers? Of customers? How could a statement like that be disproven? If you go down that rabbit-hole, it's hard to come out again.

Another tipoff is bogus 'evidence' like, "the majority the CBC comments support me", when they really don't. More often, there will be blanket statements with no evidence at all.

Then there are false statements, like "You said you think abuse and fraud are OK." This can set off a long list of "he said / she said" posts.

Ok. One more. Even after a claim has been thoroughly disproven, a Troll might try for some Extra Innings, by posting the false claim again. Favourites include, "CT has no Repair Only Policy" or "Every lie is a fraud".

Around and around we go ... But only if we follow the Troll's lead.

Last edited:

Sangria5

After a while, you'll come to recognize the telltale signs of a Troll post.

For instance, vague statements. An example is "The majority rules". What does that mean? The majority of retailers? Of customers? How could a statement like that be disproven? If you go down that rabbit-hole, it's hard to come out again.

Another tipoff is bogus 'evidence' like, "the majority the CBC comments support me", when they really don't. More often, there will be blanket statements with no evidence at all.

Then there are false statements, like "You said you think abuse and fraud are OK." This can set off a long list of "he said / she said" posts.

Ok. One more. Even after a claim has been thoroughly disproven, a Troll might try for some Extra Innings, by posting the false claim again. Favourites include, "CT has no Repair Only Policy" or "Every lie is a fraud".

Around and around we go ... But only if we follow the Troll's lead.

If Galenger can give us a few examples of lies that ARE NOT frauds, then please enlighten the world with your views of "dishonesty is OK sometimes". Can't say I've seen that belief supported on many blogs.

CT Challenger

It's important to realize what's really going on, here.

The Crappy People want to trick consumers into leaving their money at the store, even if the customer is entitled to it.

So, they will claim that even routine, normal transactions are actually 'fraud', in hopes of discouraging consumers from trying to get their money back.

One example is when consumers are initially told they can get a Price Adjustment, but when they come back and ask for it, they are told that it is a criminal fraud to do so. This is just an excuse to intimidate consumers, and keep their money.

Really, any 'fraud' being perpetrated in this case, is by the store at the expense of the consumer.

Last edited:

Sangria5

It's important to realize what's really going on, here.

The Crappy People want to trick consumers into leaving their money at the store, even if the customer is entitled to it.

So, they will claim that even routine, normal transactions are actually 'fraud', in hopes of discouraging consumers from trying to get their money back.

One example is when consumers are initially told they can get a Price Adjustment, but when they come back and ask for it, they are told that it is a criminal fraud to do so. This is just an excuse to intimidate consumers, and keep their money.

Really, any 'fraud' being perpetrated in this case, is by the store at the expense of the consumer.

???? Price adjustments are fraud? I haven't heard that one before. You made a comment that "not all lies are fraud" Which lies are you referring to?

CT Challenger

The SAngryTroll is simply re-asking questions for which they have already been provided answers.

Let's not waste any more time on the SAngryTroll and their frivilous behaviour.

CT Challenger

Well, this site continues to be infected with an Angry Troll, who compulsively posts lies about consumers.

The irony of telling lies on the 'Is It Fraud" thread seems to be lost on SAngryTroll, but not on the consumers who use this site. Could this Troll be the type of person who would cheat on an ethics test??

One motivation for this dishonesty, seems to be pure hostility towards regular posters.

But mainly this seems to be an attempt to trick consumers into doubting te facts that have been presented here, and to keep customers' money in the pocket of the SAngryTroll and their fellow CTers. Sounds like a genuine fraud to me (and not like this 'every deception is a crime' B.S.).

Luckily, nobody seems to be falling for the SAngryTrolls transparent tricks.

Last edited:

Sangria5

Well, this site continues to be infected with an Angry Troll, who compulsively posts lies about consumers.

The irony of telling lies on the 'Is It Fraud" thread seems to be lost on SAngryTroll, but not on the consumers who use this site. Could this Troll be the type of person who would cheat on an ethics test??

One motivation for this dishonesty, seems to be pure hostility towards regular posters.

But mainly this seems to be an attempt to trick consumers into doubting te facts that have been presented here, and to keep customers' money in the pocket of the SAngryTroll and their fellow CTers. Sounds like a genuine fraud to me (and not like this 'every deception is a crime' B.S.).

Luckily, nobody seems to be falling for the SAngryTrolls transparent tricks.

Well, that might be the point then. This site does not have regular "poster(s)" Just one or two, posting under other names. Links have been provided with hundreds of real posters and the commentary was more indicative of what people really think about the position you take. You just fail to acknowledge it. A sort of white lie by ignoring the majority. But if some deceptions or lies are ok with you, then to each their own. I don't judge, just like to point out those that do.

1wildhorse

um i may be missing something here but in the poll didnt the majority vote for BETTER RETURN POLICIES?which majority are you talking about?canadian tire shareholders maybe....

CT Challenger

No point in even viewing the putrid droppings deposited by the vile SAngryTroll.

The thinks that can be investigated, usually turn out to be a out-right lies.

The rest are just B.S., insults, and attempts to stir up pointless controversy.

Please don't "Feed" the Troll!

Last edited:

CT Challenger

Funny how the SAngryTroll keeps claiming they have zero ("I mean, Zero!) affiliation with the Crappy Tire stores they love so much.

Are we to believe that they only recently stumbled upon the heinous wrongs being inflicted on poor little Crappy Tire, with its paltry $341,000,000 advertising budget?

Are we supposed to believe that in just a couple of months, the "one or two" people who post here, and whom nobody reads, provoked a well-intentioned Newbie, into becoming some bizarre kind of Volun-Terrorist?

Kinda a long shot!

And Occam's Razor says the simplest solution is most likely:

That its just Angry CT Guy, coming back to harass anyone who dares to point out the myriad flaws in his beloved organization.

And might a bit of that $341,000,000 be flowing to him?

Hmmmmmm ... an interesting theory!

Last edited: