Grudges, Complainers and Other Retailers: Canadian Tire Still Sucks!

CTH8R

Interesting 'complaint', Sangria. So, you are dissatisfied at the slowness at which others are addressing the latest barrage of B.S. from the CTer?

Perhaps you could become part of the solution, instead of part of the problem, and do a little research of your own?

Anyway, it's moot: we all know that Walmart has awesome policies, especially compared to Crappy Tire.

The CTer wants to complain about 90 days for a refund? Well, that's 90 days more than you'll get for a Repair Only appliance from Crappy!

Oh, by the way, Sangria - where are all those "Canadian Retailers Suck" sites you claimed to have links for?

Just wondering!

Last edited:

Sangria5

Interesting 'complaint', Sangria. So, you are dissatisfied at the slowness at which others are addressing the latest barrage of B.S. from the CTer?

Perhaps you could become part of the solution, instead of part of the problem, and do a little research of your own?

Anyway, it's moot: we all know that Walmart has awesome policies, especially compared to Crappy Tire.

The CTer wants to complain about 90 days for a refund? Well, that's 90 days more than you'll get for a Repair Only appliance from Crappy!

Oh, by the way, Sangria - where are all those "Canadian Retailers Suck" sites you claimed to have links for?

Just wondering!

I didnt claim there were all those Canadian retailers suck sites. I said if you google target sucks, then you get a lot of customer complaints. You seem to be dodging Walmarts warranty repair claim by that lady.

CTH8R

This Sangria person sounds more like CtMe/Lawguy/moaner with every post.

I didnt claim there were all those Canadian retailers suck sites. I said if you google target sucks, then you get a lot of customer complaints.

Actually, here is what you wrote:

I googled Target sucks and got many pages. Maybe it should be retailers suck!

"Many Pages", suggests many sites for many retailers.

"Retailers", plural, suggests more than 1 retailer, not just Target.

Besides which (as has been pointed out), if you Googled "Target Sucks", you weren't comparing 'apples to apples', because you will see mostly US complaints.

This is the same old failed argument, that if any other retailer had even one complaint ever, then it matters not how many complaints there are against CT.

All I see is a lot of Trolling, to hopefully make CT appear to suck less.

You seem to be dodging Walmarts warranty repair claim by that lady.

Now why on earth would you say that?

There was a slight delay in pointing out that this lady was allowed 90 full days to get a refund (Refund! Refund! Refund!), and still you act as if something is being 'dodged'?

And you should the time to see what she wrote, not what you want to see.

She never wrote Repair at all. Or Fix or anything like that - you simply made that part up!

What did she write? "Replacement", because it had been 90 days.

And did she even ask for the refund during, the 3 month period? It doesn't say so there, and she had every opportunity - probably only wanted a replacement, and had to go to a different location after 90 days. Which is still much, much better than Crappy Tire, who could have taken 1 look at the opened box (on the first day!), and turned her away!

The only thing being dodged, is an acknowledgement that the lady had three months to get a refund, and she missed the boat, and instead she got a couple of replacements.

And it's being dodged that a Repair Only appliance from Crappy Tire would not have been subject to a refunded or even just a replacement, ever.

(But it is always nice to have a chance to point out how much Canadian Tire sucks, compared to other major retailers!)

Again, this is the same old argument, that gee, if any cusotmer ever had a problem with any product, then it matters not how crappy the products are at CT. Nice try!

Anyhow, I liked you slightly better when you were trying to act a bit nicer, as Sangria, than you did under Moaner.

But you've been basically a Troll the majority of the time.

Last edited:

Sangria5

No use getting into a war of words. You are not reading my comment the way I meant it. I assumed repair with the Walmart lady because I have never had to go to the maker to get a replacement after 90 days. I just go to where I bought it.

Owner 1

No use getting into a war of words. You are not reading my comment the way I meant it. I assumed repair with the Walmart lady because I have never had to go to the maker to get a replacement after 90 days. I just go to where I bought it.

LOL that's all you'll get with these 3 guys. A war of words.
Factual information is of no interest to them, especially ones that contain numbers. Sales, profits, share prices, customer counts.... none of it relevant here lol you know those pesky numbers that are essentially EVERYTHING to a business.

Sangria5

thing is sangria at least they DO give you the 90 days.on CTs repair only stuff you dont even get that...

I agree with that. I wouldn't buy those type of items anywhere. I have heard my neighbour tell me about bringing a DVD player back to Future Shop under warranty after their kid knocked it over and broke it. I don't think that is a warranty reason but he did get a new one from them.

CT Challenger

The term "grudge" is interesting.

At grudge - definition of grudge by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia., this is defined as "A deep-seated feeling of resentment or rancor"

So, a grudge is a serious thing, yet it is often referred to (especially by the CT person who posts here) as "just a grudge".

This wording creates the impression that there really isn't a problem, and that anything a person with 'just a grudge' might write can be automatically dismissed, as being exaggerated or even made up entirely.

But let's say someone actually 'has a grudge against CT'. Why would that be? Something must have happened.

There could well be cases where someone had unrealistic expectations, and were disappointed in service or support, even though what they received, was typical and reasonable.

But is that really the most likely case?

We frequently read stories here, and on other sites as well, where CT Customers are treated badly. A couple of such stories have been posted just in the past day or so.

Vehicles are brought in for service, are damaged by CT, and then no responsibility is taken.

Expensive items are purchased, are found to be defective, and then CT refuses to give a refund or even exchange.

Stingy policies are enacted without any warning or notice.

Staff are repeatedly rude or even hostile.

Sales items are advertised, but there is no stock in the stores on the first morning of the sale.

The list of common, recurring problems goes on and on.

Yet in the past, CT was formerly viewed as a good store, a Canadian icon, and almost a local resident. Some people are still stuck in the past.

So when that valued, iconic resident suddenly turns on them of course they feel betrayed.

And if the conflict is not resolved (as we read over and over again), then a well-justified grudge can easily form.

Just take a look at the growing list of people who have boycotted the entire chain, permanently.

So, are there 'grudges'? Undoubtedly with any store, more likely with CT than other stores, and they can be more deeply-seated with Canadian Tire.

Are they "just" grudges, in the sense that everything the grudge-holder says can be dismissed? Maybe in some cases, but in the majority of cases, they will be based on legitimate mis-treatment, and fully justified.

It can be "just a grudge', or they can be "a just grudge", in the sense that they are justified, legitimate and warranted.

Certainly, there is something to be learned by this retailer, if they want to look below the surface, and see why people formed a grudge against them in the first place.

My guess, though?

They will continue to dismiss problems out-of-hand, with statements like "it's just a customer with a grudge".

And the Boycott list will continue to grow ...

Last edited:

Owner 1

Wow, that's excellent.

First of all, I don't consider YOU a customer with a grudge. You're just a guy with a computer and a grudge. I don't believe I've ever called you a customer.

Secondly I laugh every time you use the terms "common" and "frequently" as if you have ANY idea what goes on every day at 480+ stores across Canada. With all the customers, all the time, no matter what they buy. When was the last time you went into a Canadian Tire store? When was the last time you bought anything at a Canadian Tire store? How could you have soooo much more knowledge and experience in the common happenings of our stores compared to.....say someone who lives it all day every day for years and years? Not to mention the other 480 men and women who own stores, and all of our General Managers, Store Managers, Department Managers and floor team.

Lastly, remember one very important thing in terms of context. None of these people like "Poor April" are coming to you or your website here to share their opinions. They are going to FaceBook. YOu have accomplished nothing with this site. It's a pathetic attempt at best, and with your ongoing copy and paste method from FaceBook you attempt to make it seem like this website is busy, popular and an outlet for consumers.

Sad sad state of affairs.

CTH8R

It's fascinating that The Moaner thinks anyone here (except perhaps Sangria) cares what they think.

Or believes their unsubstantiated claims.

Or buys their BS any longer.

And why the continued mis-representations? I suppose it's "in for a pound', now that The Moaner has completely lost face here.

Rest assured, they are only here to pursue their own, selfish interests.

Last edited:

Owner 1

It's fascinating that The Moaner thinks anyone here (except perhaps Sangria) cares what they think.

Or believes their unsubstantiated claims.

Or buys their BS any longer.

And why the continued mis-representations? I suppose it's "in for a pound', now that The Moaner has completely lost face here.

Rest assured, they are only here to pursue their own, selfish interests.

The fact that you do not believe me has zero bearing on anything I do, have done or will do. You are not a sounding board for how I operate my store. If we look at two years of history give or take, it does not matter what is said, how it's said, what proof is provided or what the topic is, you dispute EVERYTHING, because you don't like the source of the information. That's the worst type of complainer, one who refuses to listen to anything and everything. In this miniature realm of your website and your own little world of what you believe, you are the boy who cried wolf.

Over and over and over you just keep with the same thing, "you have the worst return policies, you have the worst return policies"
Guess what, not everyone thinks like you do. In fact, based on your paltry little tally of boycotts, I would say very few think like you do. Nobody's was listening to you two years ago DavidLER, nobody is listening to you now. Nobody listens to you on Facebook either when you try to chime in on threads under your own name. I believe you once stated something along the lines of customer speak with their wallets. Guess what, they are STILL speaking with their wallets and those wallets are open at Canadian Tire. Ignore all the facts you want, you're only lying to yourself.

I wonder if the Ctrl button and the letters V & C buttons on your keyboards are worn out yet from copy and pasting over and over.

CTH8R

Things to Remember:

- Ex-customers have left for a reason (we read about them here all the time).
- Ex-customers with a grudge have an even bigger reason (and sometimes they boycott, too).
- Complaints are an opportunity to improve - unless they are 'part of doing business' with poor customer service, crappy products, poor auto service, bad policies ...)
- Canadian Tire Sucks, even if all the other retailers became as bad as CT already is.

Owner 1

Thing to remember:

- Your anecdotal evidence that Canadian Tire sucks proves nothing. When you have some numbers to substantiate ANY of your claims, let's talk. Remember business is based on numbers (sales, profits, customer counts, share price, assets, liabilities etc....)
When you've got something provable and concrete that businesses are measured by , the door is open for conversation.

Until then, you're just a guy with a grudge and a computer that copies and pastes from another website to make your case seem legitimate.
That's like me taking sales figures from Facebook or share prices from Apple and claiming they belong to Canadian Tire lol

Sangria5

Things to Remember:

- Ex-customers have left for a reason (we read about them here all the time).
- Ex-customers with a grudge have an even bigger reason (and sometimes they boycott, too).
- Complaints are an opportunity to improve - unless they are 'part of doing business' with poor customer service, crappy products, poor auto service, bad policies ...)
- Canadian Tire Sucks, even if all the other retailers became as bad as CT already is.

This goes back to my comment that maybe it should be retailers suck. They all seem to have deficiencies in some peoples minds. Someone says they suck, someone never has a problem. Makes you wonder why any of them make money at all. I still think you are better off at a small shop, even if it cost more up front.

CTH8R

Here is an excellent example of an ex-customer with a CT-induced grudge.

Had they just provided better products, or at least given the poor guy a new nail gun at the time, he'd still be loyal. But after the delays, they wouldn't even give him back a lousy $180 in exchange for be DOA tool.

Richard M.:. I return a defective nail gun that was brand new unused and a defective Mastercraft product and they told me they wanted to send out for repair I bought it to use that day not to have sent out for repair. When they wouldn't give me a new one I just left the jungke with them reported the problem to Canadian Tire MasterCard and Canadian Tire at office. Alls I got was the run around for 6 months . so I cancelled my Canadian Tire MasterCard and paid it off even though a hundred eighty dollars on it only that was for the nail gun because I felt if I didn't pay it they would screw my credit rating. No one from Canadian Tire try to resolve this. When I cancel my credit card and told him why was canceling it they suddenly seem to be concerned. I thought they were going to do something for me. What did they do. They had the Langley store say that they would give me a new nail gun . The project that I purchased the nail gun for was already done. Plus I was so pissed off at them not I don't want to nail gun anymore or any other Mastercraft product. They gave me 30 days to pick it up or they said they would destroy it. If the product is so good why would they destroy it. string you along for 6 months and then give you 30 days to take care of it. at this point I've lost my faith in Canadian Tire they have proven to me they don't care about me as a consumer I was probably one of the most loyal customers they ever have had . But that doesn't count for anything very un Canadian. Canadians don't rip each other off. The best thing you can do is let everyone know how you were treated by Canadian Tire. Its been over a year now and losers still haven't tried to resolve this. you would think as a business that would be in their best interest. especially since I spent over $3000 you're there for the past 15 years. I have a ton of Mastercraft products like I said they used to be my go to store for everything and anything . My best advice is to spread the word don't buy anything there until you're completely satisfied with Canadian Tire what you never will be because they won't get back to you. Its up to them to make the effort to correct the correct the situation when they're wrong it's not up to you . so spread the word and have a fantastic day you deserve it . Cheers sincerely richard Miller

CTH8R

There is an interesting theory being proposed, that profits are the one and only measure of whether or not a given business sucks.

This is the most ridiculous claim ever.

By that metric, every rip-off ponzi scheme or scam operation is just fine, with zero (I mean ZERO) suckage, because they have good-looking financials at a given time.

That is simply a sad, narrow-minded view being held, Rob-Ford-like, by the CTer: I'm making money, so all must be well, and I'm not going to worry if people don't like my business.

But it is good thing that consumers can hear for themselves how the CTer thinks, which goes a long way to explaining why so many people can't get good service at these places, and why they loudly proclaim (and with good reason) Canadian Tire Sucks.

Just have a look at the out-cry on www.facebook.com/Canadiantire

But do it fast, before the complaints are deleted!

Last edited:

CT Challenger

But the top Things to Remember are still:

- The many ways in which CT sucks more than other Canadian retailers has already been well covered on this site.

- Even if all the other retailers started to suck as much as CT already does, Canadian Tire would STILL suck!

CT Challenger

Over and over and over you just keep with the same thing, "you have the worst return policies, you have the worst return policies"
Guess what, not everyone thinks like you do.

Interesting idea: that "everyone" has to "think like me".

Well, if you are the Crappy Owner, I'm sure you LOVE having policies that let you save money by refusing reasonable returns.

But for the consumers, it's obvious what a 'good' policy is (for themselves), and what is bad (for themselves).

The policies of Crappy Tire have been well explored on this site, as have the one for competitors.

In category after category, the policies have been described, and they ways in which they are worse for consumers have been pointed out.

And that's the real problem for CTMe/Lawguy/Moaner.

They don't want Canadians to know how much worse their policies are, for consumers.

They don't want Canadians to go to the competitors, who have better policies.

So, they try to hide just how terrible their policies are, and repeatedly misrepresent the policies of their competitors.

And then they wonder, gee, why do so many consumers have a grudge against them?

The only ones saying they like the crappy policies at Crappy Tire, are the few who raking in extra bucks because of them.

Nice try, greedy CTer!

Sangria5

I do not think that profits let people know if a business sucks, but that generally indicates success for most businesses