Guest-0075

Posted by an unregistered user
Canadian Tire Reserves The Right To Change Pricing At Any Time

Received the Clearance Event eFlyer this morning. The Pelican Fishing Kayak was listed at an unbelievable price $149 down from $249. The image however linked to a page that showed the boat was in fact $429 down from $499.

I called Customer Service to ask if they would honour the price. I was thanked for bringing it to their attention and got the "reserves the right" script and was told their "eTeam was on it".

I realize that price listed is most likely far below cost but where is the accountability? It's not just one person that put this flyer together. The pricing was set and nobody edited it. I hope they get RFD'd. It's not often I wish that on anyone.

Guest-0064

dude, seriously? i found this site because i hate canadian tire which epitomizes stupidity, but do you really seriously think they printed that on purose, or intentionaly neglected to correct it? i hate bitchy whine asses like you as much as i hate them. it's a department store, not a government agency or a hospital. i'd like to see you run a place like that and make no mistakes.

the only reason i am posting this is my work experience at cantire made me hate stupidity so much. and you are acting stupid.

Guest-0061

Quote:
"dude, seriously? i found this site because i hate canadian tire which epitomizes stupidity, but do you really seriously think they printed that on purose, or intentionaly neglected to correct it? i hate bitchy whine asses like you as much as i hate them. it's a department store, not a government agency or a hospital. i'd like to see you run a place like that and make no mistakes.

the only reason i am posting this is my work experience at cantire made me hate stupidity so much. and you are acting stupid."

For someone who starts out a post with "dude, seriously?", I wouldn't cast too many stones about being stupid.
As for your piss-poor attitude, why did you ever leave Canadian Tire? You could have made a career for yourself there with your intense hatred for those you're supposed to be serving.

Guest-0064

i left because i was stuck between snivelling "canadians" like you who can't brush off a typo without making a federal case about it and ridiculous management. sorry i started off with dude seriously, i thought i was writing to someone under the age of seventy.

Guest-0061

i left because i was stuck between snivelling "canadians" like you who can't brush off a typo without making a federal case about it and ridiculous management. sorry i started off with dude seriously, i thought i was writing to someone under the age of seventy.

Yeah, I bet all those customers were really taking you to task for your lack of intelligence. More likely they were trying to make their purchases and get out without having to suffer your presence for too long.
As for "dude", are you some California dweeb who surfs all day? I thought I was writing to someone over the age of ten.

Guest-0078

I have to agree, it was a typo, get over it, happens all the time. Also on items like that, you'll be lucky if they even have 1 in stock, most stores probably have zero. No they don't have to honour what's in the flyer because they do reserve the right to change the price, although it's really shitty, this however doesn't seem to fall into that category, it's a simple typo, not them changing the price on you. Please get over this, it's a non-issue.

Guest-0061

See? This typifies the Canadian attitude. Bend over and take it up the ass, then run back into Canadian Tire and ask, "Please, sir, may I have another?"

Guest-0082

See? This typifies the Canadian attitude. Bend over and take it up the ass, then run back into Canadian Tire and ask, "Please, sir, may I have another?"

So by admitting there was a typo in the flyer, and that it's a mistake that happens, even at other stores, that's taking it up the ass? Sometimes people need to understand mistakes happen, misprints and typos happen, it's human nature, sometimes you just gotta accept it.

Guest-0061

So by admitting there was a typo in the flyer, and that it's a mistake that happens, even at other stores, that's taking it up the ass? Sometimes people need to understand mistakes happen, misprints and typos happen, it's human nature, sometimes you just gotta accept it.

And for every mistake there will be consequences. The consequence of this is that Canadian Tire should lose money for their error. It'll make them much more likely to be diligent next time around instead of making lame excuses.

Guest-0082

And for every mistake there will be consequences. The consequence of this is that Canadian Tire should lose money for their error. It'll make them much more likely to be diligent next time around instead of making lame excuses.

It's a typo man, get over yourself shit. It's really not that big of a deal. If you are filing paperwork at your job and make a typo, should you be fired for it, or docked money from your paycheck? Sure there should be consequences, but at some point you just gotta understand it's an error, it happens to everyone, let it go and stop making such a huge deal over nothing at all.

Guest-0061

It's a typo man, get over yourself shit. It's really not that big of a deal. If you are filing paperwork at your job and make a typo, should you be fired for it, or docked money from your paycheck? Sure there should be consequences, but at some point you just gotta understand it's an error, it happens to everyone, let it go and stop making such a huge deal over nothing at all.

If I'm filing paperwork and make a typographical error, it's not going to be broadcast over the web as an advertisement, bonehead. If an advertisement is wrong and draws people into the store, the store should eat the loss. That's what classy organizations do. Oh wait, we're talking about Canadian Tire...