Employee Speaks Out) I hate this place

ktarraran

I hate this job. I'm sorry for those of you who have had bad experiences here. Dont come back. Why do I say this? Because id love it if this place went out of business. Each and everyday I show up to work depressed, and I leave even more depressed. Yesterday I was almost fired for,missing my shift on Tuesday, a shift that I had been scheduled,for..on Tuesday. I told my manager that its illegal for him to fire me for shit like that, and that is demand compensation, and he became enraged. He's still angry that he cant fire me because I'm aware of the labour laws. Haha.

I get shit all the time for things I have never done. I've been called a Puta(whore in Pilipino) by my garden centre manager on multiple occasions. I called in sick ONE time this year for depression and was told that depression is not a real disease and to stop faking ot. HELLO GIYS!! TALK TO THE DOCTORS!!! U HAVE MY DR NOTE!!!

the schedules are made under 24hours in advance, were berated all the time, and its no longer a matter of if I get laid off, but when.

Canadian tire hires many foreign workers, claiming that at the end of five years, they will sign their immigration papers. They lock them in at minimum wage (I make more than a manager does) and at the end of their contract they ship then back to the pillipines and dont sign the paperwork to sponsor them.

I'm overworked and underpaid, last week I had one day off and wasn't given overtime pay. I have previously been scheduled nine days in a row with one day off. I've been denied lunch breaks, denied my regular 15min breaks, sexually harassed by management, and out down daily.

why dont I just leave do you ask? Because I have worked so much that I don't have time to look for another job, and need the mo,ey to pay for school.

I AM BEGGING YOU!!! STOP SHOPPING HERE. POST YOUR COMPLAINTS ON THE GENERAL CANTIRE WEBSOTE,FACEBOOK,TWITTER. GET THE WORD OUT. COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT. GO TO THE PAPER!! ANYTHING!!

let the hate flow through you!!! This place blows!!