CTH8R

Jeffrey B.: Do not get tires put on by these guys they will screw it up and leave you on the hook to get it fixed again

CTH8R

It seems Jeffrey's experience was shared by this lady's daughter:

Sheila G.: So an update on my daughters sad experience. I contacted their customer service explaining the details and gave them my daughters contact information as they wanted to know how to contact me. Even though I state it's my daughter both emails have been directed to "my experience". No contact has been made to my daughter. I was then told to go to the dealership and talk to them about it!!!! For real????? Sorry Canadian Tire you out to lunch on this one. Oh and btw the part was found and fixed in 30 min after dismantling the car and never notifying my daughter that she would not have it back for over 3 days as the part was not available!!!!! $141. Unacceptable deceptive business practice!!!!!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Dave D.: Better to do it yourself than take it to The Queensway Canadian Tire store in Etobicoke, Ontario. They are terribly incompetent when it comes to tires and they will probably even get your name wrong. my name is not David Menna.

CTH8R

These stories are getting almost routine:

Sarah H.: My Mom once had her tires switched over by them...drove off the lot and almost lost a damn tire because they hadn't put all the lug nuts back in. I really hope this is dealt with!!

CTH8R

Somewhere in Canada, at some CT Service Center, they did a good job on fixing a car.

Just not at THIS Service Center! LMAO!

Susan T.B.: I went shopping in MWTC, happened to park in front of canadian tire, and when I came out I noticed I had 2 flat tires. I st first thought how fortunate it was that i happened tho be just yards away from the Canadian Tire automotive Shop. That is until i went in the store asking for assistance for the staff to push my car in the bay. The staff rudely advised me that i would have too call a tow truck, or push it myself! Real nice caring individuals! Needles too say i did call a tow truck but towed it to Kal Tire, whom bent over backwards to ensure i was looked after, and gave me a break on the cost of repair because of all the hassle another company put me through. Now that's customer service!! Canadian tire will NEVER reach that level of professionalism.

CTH8R

I can relate to the sentiment, but this one's a little 'over the top', I think:

M S.R.: Canadian tire are your tires made in Canada. Did you ever consider how your minimum wage mechanics don't care about my car. How it takes them till the end of winter to do a 20 min job. You suck big balls CT and swallow the whole load

CTH8R

Other G.: last time the wheels were off my Blazer- it was CT who put tires on- judging by the damage of losing the RF wheel on a tight corner- am gonna be torquing lug nuts daily- still haven't found the wheel- which went airborne over a steep cliff....

CTH8R

Patrick T.: and you can pay less by going to walmart for the same tire.... anf forget the expertise with can tire they cant even adjust a carburator....

CTH8R

Laura H.: Wouldn't recommend them to anyone! I was collecting quotes. And they have no idea! I knew what I needed and wanted and they tried to sell me the wrong size and all. They have no clue!

CTH8R

Ruth K.: Went to can tire mount pearl yesterday ordered 4 tires about $750 . Told to return
in 1 1/2 hrs . Went back they said they couldn't find tires. Ordered a different set and they said they would call us in an hour. No call so we went back to the garage. They took our van in and proceeded to remove our wheels...
Well 45 mins later we are told they don't have tires. Waited another 1/2 hr for our van and they tell us to go to Kelsey Dr and they have the tires ready there.
Got to the store,they had the tires but couldn't install them.
We bought tires but will try to have installed later.
Not pleased with Mount Pearl service at all.

CTH8R

Nick F.: Snow tires are made of softer rubber than summer tires and meant to be used only in the winter. If you put them on now they will be partially worn out by the time you need them. Good idea Canadian tire, then you can sell more tires. All Canadians know you are thieves.

CTH8R

Ryan S.: Yeah right canadian tires mechanics would put the tires on the wrong way. Then try and charge you again for fixing something they did wrong. Plus every thing that store has is faulty. The management and staff are completley incompetent. Its that or they just dont give a crap. One of the two.

CTH8R

Phillip R.: My daughter got a phone call today from Paul the General manager at 3615 Portage Ave, in Winnipeg, cancelling her appointment to do work on her car for tomorrow morning. "Since we have been unsuccessful " in looking after your needs and you complain because we gave you life threatening incorrect bolts when we sold you new tires, and you want compensation for the $700 cost incurred, don't shop here any more! Phillip Rosen 204 417 1122. What poor workmanship. Did I mention that they kept her car for 2 days while they attempted to get the correct bolts, and no one bothered to call her!

CTH8R

Is Michael still shopping there?

Michael L.: Absolutely no. I just need an answer. I can purchase tires at COSTCO where is cheaper than CT.

CTH8R

Al K.: called down yesterday to Swift Current Canadian tire as I needed steel rims for my sons car . we had found some good used winter tires but needed the rims. The parts person told me they have 12 of that rim in stock. I arranged to get the tires mounted and dove 15 miles in to get the rims and was told ' those rims are on hold" I asked were they on hold yesterday and 2.00 pm and they were. So I am standing there with a truck load of tires and no rims. What a bunch of idiots !!!!!!! Monkeys could run a service dept better then these guys.

CT Challenger

Oh-oh!

Another Winter Tire spam-fest!

Michael R.: This place is the worst damn place in the world - ordered Tires back August 11, 2013 - was told none were in store, come back in 3 weeks we have them coming in for you. 3 weeks later i show up and i'm told they are on back order and will be 3 more weeks. goes back again tells me delayed shipping 2 more weeks, now today they tell me it could be December but they are not for certain. 5 months waiting on tires. And the manager tells me it is my problem I shouldn't order something thats not in stock.

CT Challenger

Jim B.: Every time I go back to Canadian Tire I am reminded of the reason I avoid this place. I called on Wednesday to get a price on tires, was advised of the tire sale price (no mention of timeframe) and stock, showed up on Friday, oh, sale was over on Thursday, now tires are $20 more each, bye bye