Grudges, Complainers and Other Retailers: Canadian Tire Still Sucks!

Sangria5

Hey, just a couple a quick questions for the person now posting as "Sandria5".

Um, where did you see results that suggested Walmart Canada didn't do well in sales? New customers?

And where exactly did you get the idea that "employee hours will be cut"? Or did you actually just pull that out of your *ss?

And is it the same deal with your claim that Walmart Canada employees were recently cut? Hmmm???

I read these if it helps.

The Walmart Experience | Oh Really, Walmart?

Walmart Canada stung as retail competition heats up | Financial Post

CT Challenger

I posed these questions:

- Where did you see results that suggested Walmart Canada didn't do well in sales?
- New customers?
- Where exactly did you get the idea that "employee hours will be cut"?
- Or did you actually just pull that out of your *ss?
- Your claim that Walmart Canada employees were recently cut?

What Sangria failed to mention were the high-lights:

- Net sales at Walmart Canada were up 3.8% due to expanded square footage
- Operating income grew 3.6% due to investments in new stores and “our rapidly growing e-commerce business".

The only things these links confirmed?

"same-store sales, which strips out any impact from added square footage, fell 1.3%.

So, the old stores aren't doing as well as the new stores - big surprise!

"Customer traffic fell 1.5%."

Actually, that's awesome! The people who are coming are spending more per person, a putting them ahead!

And this crap about cutting hours?

Totally made up, ala Rob Ford or CTMe-LawGuy-Moaner.

Nice job, trashing your credibility once again "Sangria"!

Last edited:

CTH8R

No worries - I'm sure Sangria5 will be posting a Ford-esqe apology here soon!

"I'm very, very, sincerely, very sorry. I can't change the past. Let's move forward."

CTH8R

A while back, the person posting as Sangria wrote:

I'm neither defending Canadian tire or advocating it

No, instead the person posting as Sangria has been attacking every other Canadian retailer, but somehow manages not to attack Canadian Tire, while posting on the Canadian Tire Sucks website, of all places.

Claiming that the other retailers are as bad as Crappy Tire? Guess what - that's a defence and an advocation of Crappy Tire, relative to the other retailers.

And it's dishonest, because it's been shown many times, many ways, that the other retailers are superior, from a customer's point of view.

"Neither defending Canadian tire or advocating it"?

Gimme a break!

Last edited:

Sangria5

Each retailer seems to have their fans and their unhappy customers. I only responded because the one sided viewpoint is not proven with what I read. I suppose the articles I read can be interpreted in many ways. Challenger reads them differently than I do. Sometimes I shop at Canadian Tire, sometimes Walmart, sometimes Home Depot or Home hardware. I don't belong to Costco as there is not one near me. You don't have to many posters. I thought forums want discussion.

CTH8R

Normally I'd say we should ignore Trolling posts like this, but I find the latest Sangria5 post especially amusing.

This Sangria person has decided to ignore all the evidence showing how much CT sucks (from a consumer's point of view), and instead just spout a bunch of nonsense about how, gee, aren't retailers all the same?

Plus they seem content to simply post misinterpretations of data about all the OTHER retailers, and from that conclude that CT does NOT suck more than all the others.

Hilarious!

(And they claim they aren't defending CT! Brilliant!)

Last edited:

1wildhorse

ok h8r assuming youre correct about sangria,lets put this to the test.
sangria,what do you think about the 'repair only warranty' offered by canadian tire,which means that you can buy something new,get it home,it doesnt work,but you cannot return it to the store for an exchange/refund.does this seem fair to you?no other retailer gives this...how do you feel about that?

CTH8R

sangria,what do you think about the 'repair only warranty' offered by canadian tire,which means that you can buy something new,get it home,it doesnt work,but you cannot return it to the store for an exchange/refund.does this seem fair to you?no other retailer gives this...how do you feel about that?

Well, there are indications that some other retailers, like HD, are introducing a similar policy for some products, like lawn tractors and mowers.

I expect Sangria will use this as an excuse,to say, well gee, aren't all retailers the same, then? They will likely ignore the fact that CrappyTire has a Repair Only policy on all kinds of products, even small electrical appliances?

And what does Sangria think about Walmart and Costco, for example, who don't have any Repair Only policy on anything? My guess: Sangria will say, gee, there are other things wrong with all companies, right? So, we can't look at just one thing, nobody's perfect, etc, etc.

We shall see ...

Last edited:

Sangria5

I would not like it. And I don't know if other retailers do this or not. I have personally had to deal with the maker on a warranty and not the place I bought the item at. I don't like that either.

Sangria5

Well, there are indications that some other retailers, like HD, are introducing a similar policy for some products, like lawn tractors and mowers.

I expect Sangria will use this as an excuse,to say, well gee, aren't all retailers the same, then? They will likely ignore the fact that CrappyTire has a Repair Only policy on all kinds of products, even small electrical appliances?

And what does Sangria think about Walmart and Costco, for example, who don't have any Repair Only policy on anything? My guess: Sangria will say, gee, there are other things wrong with all companies, right? So, we can't look at just one thing, nobody's perfect, etc, etc.

We shall see ...

It WAS Walmart where I had to deal with Sony directly for my warranty.

CTH8R

Well, at least we were able to get Sangria5 to confess that, yes, they would not like a "Repair Only" policy.

Now for the next phase: getting them to admit that Crappy Tire has this policy on more products than any other retailer, and that many stores (like Costco and Walmart) do not have this policy on ANY products!

Gosh, maybe there IS hope for Sangria!

A new week, and a whole new world of possibilities!

Last edited:

1wildhorse

It WAS Walmart where I had to deal with Sony directly for my warranty.
yes but im guessing it was after the initial 90 days or whatever right?thats the difference.h8r i dont believe sangria is mr owner reincarnated,he is just trying to weigh up both sides of the coin,and to you sangria keep it up.just try not to churn out the same old shit that mr owner/lawguy have been doing for a good while now,we have explained why what they say is bullshit,and theres no need to regurgitate old stuff!

Sangria5

actually Wildhorse, it was only after 10 days. Sony did replace the stereo though, even though I had to send it to them first. I do not know whow owner/lawguy is but have read his posts at times. he is too one sided the other way.

Sangria5

Well, at least we were able to get Sangria5 to confess that, yes, they would not like a "Repair Only" policy.

Now for the next phase: getting them to admit that Crappy Tire has this policy on more products than any other retailer, and that many stores (like Costco and Walmart) do not have this policy on ANY products!

Gosh, maybe there IS hope for Sangria!

A new week, and a whole new world of possibilities!

I think that costco has the best return policy of all big retailers from what I have read. There is not one near me, so I don't even know what they carry. They are also Canada's biggest retailer in sales. I like reading the comments from consumers on everybody's site. Some happy, some not.

CTH8R

actually Wildhorse, it was only after 10 days. Sony did replace the stereo though, even though I had to send it to them first.

Interesting. Sangria claims there wasn't a refund or over-the-counter exchange after only 10 days. This was for a "stereo", which I believe falls under "home audio".

The Walmart Canada site at Walmart.ca Help Centre: General Return Policy says:

Return Policy

Sometimes clothes don’t fit right, an appliance breaks, or you’re just not happy with what you bought. We can help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I buy something from Walmart, can I return it?

Yes, (with just a few exceptions). We know that sometimes you buy something that doesn’t work out the way you had hoped, and for that reason we did our best to make a return policy that is helpful for you.

Almost anything you buy from Walmart Canada stores may be returned within 90 days from when you bought the item, and for online purchases, within 90 days of the day you received your merchandise. There are a few exceptions you should know about, which are listed below:

Within 14 days

Computers, tablets, laptops, monitors, printers, camcorders, digital cameras, portable video players, GPS units, wireless prepaid phones
Contract postpaid phones*

(*Conditions may vary by carrier. See plan terms and conditions).

Within 30 days

Televisions, DVD players/recorders, home audio systems, telephones, MP3 players, airbeds, tents, pools, prescription eyewear, air conditioners, outdoor power equipment**

(**All fuel powered equipment must be returned to the store, whether purchased in store or on Walmart.ca)

I have to wonder why Walmart Canada would violate their own policy, and take 20 full days off the return policy for Sangria?

You know, I watch the Walmart Canada Facebook page, too. They even have a thread on their where people can post general comments, both good and bad. And something you'll almost never see there, is a case where Walmart Canada isn't following their own policy.

I can't help but think there must be more to this story, than what Sangria is letting on.

I mean, couldn't they have just pointed to the sign and said, "Well, it says on the wall behind you that I can return a 'home audio system' within 30 days, so why don't you just give me a refund?"

I must say, it was very refreshing to read the wonderful policy at Walmart Canada!

Nothing on there about "warranty" at all!

Nothing about "manufacturer" or even "defect"!

In fact, it says, "Sometimes clothes don’t fit right, an appliance breaks, or you’re just not happy with what you bought. We can help."

Imagine that!

"We can help".

What do you see at CT?

Something totally different, that's for sure!

Sangria5

They said it was because I installed it. Something has changed at Walmart. They used to take things back without a receipt before too. I agree that their return policy is better or the same as Canadian tire or home depot.

CTH8R

Hey, you need to learn more about Crappy Tire's crappy return policies. I challenge you to see which of the many scenarios are "the same" elsewhere, ie any that are NOT worse at CrappyTire.

Be sure and include all the little loop holes and traps CT creates, especially ones that don't even exist at other retailers.

Check out return periods (90 days, 30 days, 14 days, even NO days).

Check out the various restrictions (refund, exchange only, repair only, non-returnable).

Check out all the product categories with blanket restrictions (bicycles, gasoline powered, inflatable, electronic, etc.)

Check out the different rules if its defective or just unwanted.

Check out the different rules for used, opened and unopened.

Check out the rules for seasonal and discontinued.

The list goes on and on - always a loophole to explain why they are planning to keep your money.

I think there are some scenarios in there where CT is no worse than the other big stores.

Heck, there might even be a scenario where CT is actually better!

But your homework, is to see if you can find one!

Happy Hunting - let us know what you find!

Sangria5

Agreed. Canadian Tire has return policies I don't like also. They all do. Sometimes it is just the person you get to deal with. I checked out the Walmart facebook page you mentioned. Both likes and dislikes. My only point has been that return policies and warranties should be black and white everywhere. No grey areas.

1wildhorse

Agreed. Canadian Tire has return policies I don't like also. They all do. Sometimes it is just the person you get to deal with. I checked out the Walmart facebook page you mentioned. Both likes and dislikes. My only point has been that return policies and warranties should be black and white everywhere. No grey areas.
i must say im surprised you didnt get a refund from walmart.did you actually return the stereo within 10 days or was that just when it went wrong?as h8r says its unusual for walmart not to honour their own policies.actually until some of us actually get a problem with something and whichever store refuses to exchange/refund something,none of us even looked at policies.until we get bitten.
you say all stores have return policies none of us like.again mainly true,we would all love to return a TV cos it stopped working after 15 years,BUT what we are doing here on this site is exposing the fact that CTs return policies are FAR WORSE than any of the other major retailers(with the possible exception of target,i dont know how their policies compare)and unless proven otherwise this is FACT.

CTH8R

Well, Sangria, I'm glad to hear that you finally managed to find something negative to say about Crappy Tire, at least on a different thread.

Congratulations - maybe you are starting to see the light?

Last edited: