CTH8R

Paula P.: When they ask you to contact them they are only getting customer feedback...don't really care about making amends with previous/current customers.

CTH8R

Lisa's sure not smiling as she drives down the road - cause CT made her unhappy! Read how:

Lisa S.: I took my car there for the 'convenience' factor and NEVER again... i thought my started was crapped out cause i just had my battery replaced with them a month prior. They told me it was going to be $1300 to fix.... i said for what!!! It was something like this... $85 to check it, $100 test for the battery,$600 new starter, $120 new battery, $40 dispose of "old" battery and labour... i new it was bs as soon as they said new battery, i said check your records i just had it replaced.... the guy was like... ummm errrrr ohhhhh well we will take the battery off.... i said take my car down youu crooks im going elsewhere...... took it to a real mechanic and it cost me $400 parts labour and taxes in.....

Lisa S.: Its ok.... i dont need ANYTHING from Canadian Tire, thanks for the offer, had they not said the battery needed replacing i probably would have gone along and paid it.... spoke to the service manager who said that the battery must have been faulty and they will replace it free of charge.... again a bunch of bs cause i had the maintenance dept at my work test it the same day i brought it in.... so again it was lies, and this from management. True that the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Still have the same battery.... felt so helpless and used!! Shame....

Lisa S.: You know, we rely on the "experts" to tell us what is wrong with our vehicles that we use daily to go to and from work in to support our families and when we get ripped off its an awful feeling.... i paid the $100 fee to get it off the bay, and that was the last money they got out of me, and will ever get out of me....!!

CTH8R

Oil Pan Woes:

Pauline L.B.L.: I had an oil pan replaced at my car dealers. The next day I had a flat tire. Towed to CT for repair (actually bought new tires). The next day the new oil pan was leaking so back to the dealers. I was told the damage was done by CT on their lift. Had to install another new oil pan. 2 in three days!!! CT categorically denied all responsibility!! This was a very expensive lesson for me. I will never ever take my car to them again!

CTH8R

The surprising thing to me, is this is the last few hours of their 'free' (until they rip you off) weekend-long offer,
and still there are new complaints pouring in every few minutes!

Just how many people DID they cheat over the years???

Rolly B.: They try to change parts that are still good, I needed a muffler and they wanted $800 to change front to back lol muffler that's all I need, they said i could not drive my car the way it was , so i said i would call the ministry , they put my car down pretty fast and I took my business elsewhere .

Last edited:

CTH8R

Holy Crap!!!

Mike F.: Never get your car fixed at Canadian Tire. They always try and rip you off. Signed a bill for $29 and when i can back to pick up the car they tired to bill me for $86. I refused and they fought with me for a bit till i brought up the consumer protection act, then they brought out the original bill for $29 that had my signature on it and charged me the correct price.

CTH8R

It seems the spams are not all sent at once; they are sent out over the course of the weekend.

This is nice, because it ticks off more Canadians that way, and generates more horror-stories. Thanks, Crappy People!

Nicole V.G.: It's monday night....the weekend is over! Fine time for this to pop up! hahahahahah

Laurie E.: And then charge you a "King's Ransom" to fix your car

CTH8R

Justin B.: My Nana trained me 30 years ago not to go there for repairs. I really needed a battery this past Christmas Eve and had no choice. I really should have listened to Nana because I really got jammed!! Epic fail. Anyways, I don't think the outsourced tow truck drivers are going to wait to get paid, so again, this is another FB marketing FAIL!

CTH8R

Wanna get towed to Crappy Tire?

Robert W.: where they will mis-diasnose your problem charge you a fee for even looking at it then overcharge you to the max!

CTH8R

Laszlo L.K.: i went there to change my brake lite bulb, , there policy is to check the whole car,and it costed me $85 for a bulb,rRIP OFF

CTH8R

Lots and lots of complaints, this fine weekend, about CT's crappy automotive service...

Joseph M.: And that is the reason I no longer have my vehicles serviced at CT

CTH8R

And the complaints just keep on com'in - too bad people like Moaner1 and CT's "Customer (Dis)Service" are destined to simply ignore them!

Roger P.: I think I'm going to make a huge sign and during the day put it right in front of your store telling people not to bring their vehicles their cause they will rip you off and never return your phone calls or emails.

Roger P.: So how long does it take for Canadian tire to send me an email back about my problem? I messaged you guys 5 times now and you keep telling me someone will get back to me but it's been a freaking 2 months now!! I strongly believe now that Canadian tire are nothing but crooked crooks and a business that does not care about their customers. I think the media would love to jump on my problem and I'm sure they will get results for me in fast.

CTH8R

More (dis)service:

Babak K.: when you send them an email you will get a file number and that is it noting more no response. there is no customer service sorry but that is my experience hope you get more luck (Y)

Babak K.: You may send them an email that is what I did two weeks ago; you may receive a file number but not anymore response. I believe actually there is no customer service in Canadian tire. I filed this on BBB, even the small business always response to BBB complaint however I got noting,
Two weeks ago I had an issue with Auto Service in Canadian Tire (2510 Hyde Park Gate, Oakville, ON L6H 6M2). They made a big mistake on my car inspection then they tried to charge me. When I refused to pay and asked to see the manager (Tony) he never showed up, makes me to go there for three days finally they called the police.
My car is still there since 22 Aug and I have to rent a car but not allowed to go there since they gave me a police notification. I was foolish thinking they are going to contact me but now I am pretty sure there is no response.
Tomorrow I will rent a car to file a complaint in closed small court even if finally I lose money but I will fight for my right. If you want to see my complained in BBB please check the link below and sorry for my poor English. Regards
https://mwco.app.bbb.org/complaint/view/1284000/c/p9z46a

CTH8R

'Nother:

Ron M.: I refuse to use the CT automotive in dryden, On They overcharge. It takes them twice as long as it should to do simple work. And to top it off had my oil changed, the kid comes out and says oh i was taking a peek at your brakes and this spring popped off, i couldnt get it back on. Then walks away.

CTH8R

Ken M.: Nothing but scammers in the auto dept. I had an appointment for rear brake replacement, which I supplied. Buddy gets me to sign a paper for $25and change then he says I will get this back when work is done. He wants about 15 mins comes back to me saying I need rear drums bcuz mine r warped so it will need to b replaced? Well? This lit me up! I told him there is nothing wrong with the drums! In the mean time my car was just having the nuts loosened on the rear right and front. Instead of causing a scene, I told him to forget it, I will do it myself!! The mechanic looked baffled and tightened the nuts back up, dropped the car and drove it out. Then the Asshole tells me I had to pay the $25 and change! WTF!!!! If that's not a dishonest way to do business,I do not what is!!

CTH8R

At least this guy caught the loose lug nuts before the wheel fell off entirely (which seems to happen quite regularly to people who go there for auto service):

Gren W.: It looks as though CT is busy "putting out fires". I live neat the CT at Nash & Queenston Roads, in East Hamilton, and the automotive guys (about 20 years ago) put two new tires on a car of mine, and as I drove away from the store, I noticed a wobble, and lo and behold, they'd only hand-tightened the wheel lugs.

CTH8R

Ryan A-L: so canadian tire likes to rip people off when they go to get there car fixed

Ryan A-L: yeah we will be and if nothing is done we will be doing alot more then that thanx to your friendly service got stuck in the middle of nowhere and ended up paying huge towing fee had to come back from vacation early

Ryan A-L.:

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your recent e-mail to Customer Service.
Your feedback is very important to us. We are working diligently to respond to your e-mail as quickly as possible. You can expect to receive a response from one of our Customer Service Representatives shortly.
This automated response is your acknowledgement that on 2013-07-24 21:13:17.717 EST we received your e-mail. Should your inquiry be urgent, you can choose to contact our office at the telephone number listed below. Please be sure to quote your tracking number 568005 .
Sincerely,
Corporate Customer Relations
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited
1-800-387-8803

Ryan A-L.: wow got another run around

And then this response:

Jas L.: You are lucky to get an email response so quick, my 3 emails still went unheard.