CTH8R

I hope Rhea realizes that she dodged a bullet, by them being too incompetent to even take her as a customer!

Rhea R.: ... don't take your vehicle if you don't have to. I have been on hold with poco automotive for 10 minutes now. And they wouldn't even answer their phone, so i had to phone through to the operator, only to be put on hold again, they put me through to the wrong dept and automotive manager wouldn't even talk to me, she just wanted my name and number to call me back, ssssure she will. Hire more staff Canadian tire! Then I tried coquitlam automotive and they put me on hold because they have to serve customers, but when I'm a customer in the store they take phone calls all the time! And I am being nice....too!

CTH8R

Brian G.: Used to use a blue ford ranger but I cant this year because it fell off the lift in a Canadian tire garage. Now with its sub par repairs and dreadful customer service we have been left out of the loop to the point of not even being told the truck has been at three other shops without any compensation.

CTH8R

Sheila G.: So an update on my daughters sad experience. I contacted their customer service explaining the details and gave them my daughters contact information as they wanted to know how to contact me. Even though I state it's my daughter both emails have been directed to "my experience". No contact has been made to my daughter. I was then told to go to the dealership and talk to them about it!!!! For real????? Sorry Canadian Tire you out to lunch on this one. Oh and btw the part was found and fixed in 30 min after dismantling the car and never notifying my daughter that she would not have it back for over 3 days as the part was not available!!!!! $141. Unacceptable deceptive business practice!!!!!

CTH8R

File this one under 'incompetent' - surely there is a duty of care owed to those who leave their property with another, for the repairer to take reasonable precautions? Isn't this a "bailment" or some such?

Natasha C.: I recently went to Kelowna to visit my mother who has a brain tumor and our vehicle was making a weird noise so we brought it to Canadian Tire. Big mistake. Number one, they called us to tell us it would be $3600. They started working on it and we called them back to cancel the service. They called us to pick it up but it was already late and we couldn't make it that day so we walked to pick it up the next day. When we got there, the guy asked if we had anything important in our car, and then told us that our passenger window was smashed out. "Just out of range of the camera." And to top it off, the vehicle we drove in there, we couldn't drive out. We had to get a tow and rent a vehicle to get back to Alberta. All in all a terrible experience. Canadian tire opens at 8. Why were we not called to let us know as soon as they saw it was broken into. It's really convenient that all they will say to us is it's not their responsibility. Why was our vehicle not parked in range of the cameras?! We left them responsible for our vehicle and now we don't even have one! Worst customer service ever, and I will NEVER be going to ANY canadian tire ever again!

CTH8R

Natasha C.: I recently went to Kelowna to visit my mother who has a brain tumor and our vehicle was making a weird noise so we brought it to Canadian Tire. Big mistake. Number one, they called us to tell us it would be $3600. They started working on it and we called them back to cancel the service. They called us to pick it up but it was already late and we couldn't make it that day so we walked to pick it up the next day. When we got there, the guy asked if we had anything important in our car, and then told us that our passenger window was smashed out. "Just out of range of the camera." And to top it off, the vehicle we drove in there, we couldn't drive out. We had to get a tow and rent a vehicle to get back to Alberta. All in all a terrible experience. Canadian tire opens at 8. Why were we not called to let us know as soon as they saw it was broken into. It's really convenient that all they will say to us is it's not their responsibility. Why was our vehicle not parked in range of the cameras?! We left them responsible for our vehicle and now we don't even have one! Worst customer service ever, and I will NEVER be going to ANY canadian tire ever again!

Would it help if Natasha contacted Customer Service??

Natasha C.: I did and they said they're not accountable

CTH8R

File under 'Incompetent":

Gary R.: I am disgusted with them as well Susan. I had bought a mustang ,and a month before was in an accident and had both bones broke away fRom my elbow, so I wanted the rearend fluid checked I looked underneath and thought I can't do this with one arm so here I am at can tire they put it up on hoist and they begun, well now they come back and had stripped it . I watched them with an impact at a 45 degree angle with an impact like omg what kinda pple do they hire, I was upset after they told me that I would have to take it to a shop now cause there was no way to get it out , all pist off I go home work on it in severe pain but got it out with next to no tools this is not the first time . Had issues with them and I will never take a car back to them again they have no idea what the were doing....

CTH8R

Justin R.: I only notice one thing here. Canadian tire only cares about automotive service lol. My wife took her car to get her brakes fixed two yes ago. I knew she blew a brake line they had Told her it would cost 1100 dollars. I told her to leave it there till I got there. Had mechanic show me the big list. Called him a liar and told him to fix break line 80 dollars lol. Sad sad sad trying to rip off young ladies...

Justin R.: So another time I took my truck to Canadian tire in oshawa to get an alignment done. Truck came out of the shop steering wheel completely side ways to the alignment of the wheels. Mechanic says sorry we couldn't get it we don't have proper equipment to do the job but don't worry no charge. I was pissed. The professional way would of been sorry sir we can't do that job.

CTH8R

Jo M.D.C: Wow me too, they charge me over 300bucks fir the wheel alignment and steering alignment wherein after the said alignment i still need to go to the dealer to check on thw bolts and everything! Now I know!!!

CTH8R

Steve L.: Too bad the quality of "mechanics" are no better than a high school mechanic student. In fact mechanic is the wrong word for te trade these days. More appropriate would be technician, mechanics actually work on engines.

CTH8R

Georges M.: Canadian is nothing but a bunch of damn crooks especially the garage part, why the hell do u think they dont allow customers in the garage, coz that way they can get away with anything.

CTH8R

Aysin Y.: I would never service my car at Canadian tire even it was the only place to service my car. The rates are sky high & the service is garbage absolutely garbage

CTH8R

Kyle P.: I don't get my car repaired or even serviced at CT. You guys have a poor reputation when it comes to that stuff.

CTH8R

Brian G.: I wonder if thell drop every bodies vehicle off the hoist and just repair it poorly like they did with my girlfriends blue ford ranger.

CTH8R

File under "Unnecessary":

Darcy M.: The last time I tried to get Canadian tire to fix 1 broken brake line it came out with an estimate over $1500 and 2 extra broken brake lines. The garage that did the work replaced all the brake lines for $800. I should have known better then to take it to Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

Petra M.: Canadian Tire has always been a bad store for customer service. not sure why they are bothering to ask above comments to reply to them. nothing will change. they have been like this for so many years , its unreal I stopped having car repairs done there over 20 years now. my car broke down,,, towed there and they said my battery needed to be charged. left car there, picked it up when ready and next morning... car didn't start. Got a boost, drove to another service station and there I was told AND shown the problem. Distributor cap had cracks in it. told him I had it day before @ Cdn. Tire and was charged nearly 30 bux... he changed it for me for free as I was ripped off from Cdn Tire. Car started perfectly after that. Went back to complain to Cdn Tire, they didn't give 2 hoots! That's customer service eh! I will never go there and when someone says they going there... I talk them out of it! Please don't reply to this Cdn Tire. Just typing the truth and nothing has or ever will change with your stores! Whether its in Mb or Ab.

CTH8R

Carole R.: Petra: I hear you. I stopped using their garages quite a while ago but would still go in to buy stuff ... if I knew were it was in the store and didn't need any help because it's very hard to find the staff, especially on the weekends. But my recent experience with 3 different stores over 2 days just pushed me over the edge. No more Cdn Tire for me and I'm not bothering to write them because I know that it won't change; it's too widespread a problem with them.

CTH8R

The "fall drive" spam is provoking some automotive service complaints - money well spent, Crappy Tire!

Suzan D.D.: they rip people off...left right and centre...tell u stuff needs doing ..u let them do it and they do shoddy work every damn time and never are the admitting their culpability..is not policy to say yeah we screwed up...and forget getting a refund ... they suck...big time !!! might as well thro your money on the ground !!!