CTH8R

CT says THEY built the ice-covered truck:

Ken G.: Wow they can put I ice body on a truck frame but can't even fix anything I have ever brought there right the first second or even the third time how many tries did it take to make this happen

CTH8R

Valerie W.: Canada's worst store! "Canadian Tire" bought a small 2 foot decorator Christmas Tire on Boxing Day...opened the package and it was defective!
I phoned and the Store Policy is no returns on anything Seasonal after the 24th of December...Canadian Wide Policy the Girl Carol told me at the West Kelowna Store! Why would anyone shop at this Chain? Their customer relations policies are the poorest in Canada! Tell us about your experiences with this Store?

CTH8R

Icy Truck:

Heather M.: Saw it on Sun news site...what a total waste of money. I worked for Canadian Tire for almost 9 years. If you put some of that money you waste, on ads, towards your employees, you would have a happier bunch of employees. That in turn, would be enough advertising, not this publicity stunt that probably already melted!! Seriously, I would be interested on how much money was spent on this big ice cube!!

CTH8R

CT's Ice Truck Spam:

Pat F.: The battery was -40 but was the trucks engine I don't think so it turned over way to easy no noise from the accessories once it was started and the way they revved it right away you would never do that with an engine that cold unless your a moron.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Icy Truck:

Amelia M.M.: HOPE THIS TRUCK DOES NOT NEED ANY REPAIRS IF canadian tire is not open lmao

fred1

One must remember that at ctc shops most of the mechanic's never took a course or even worked on an auto before starting with ctc.
That said they make a commission on what they can sell you even if u don't need it, if yur gullible enuff to believe what the mechanic says then
your going to pay for it. It is too bad this has to happen but it does. I went for a tune up/grease/oil change on my 89 Cherokee. I said (this is what ever
one shud do also) put all the used parts in a box and into my trunk. I get my bill and look over it, I find he changed my PCV valve on the bill, but where is
the old one? Oh I threw it out. Okay show me where the new one is located. STOP.. there is none on this vehicle. Bottom line here is I was given a free
oil/grease job for my next visit. I thot that was fair of course I didn't pay for the new PVC valve either. But one MUST check its YOUR money. And there ARE
dishonest people everywhere.

CTH8R

Fred:

Thanks for sharing your story. Good advice in general, but a common complaint about CT especially.

I'm not sure why you'd be willing to risk a 'next visit', though!

1wildhorse

my question is did they still charge you for the pcp valve and the installation of this part(which was never installed)?and i concur with h8r,why risk a 'next visit'?

CTH8R

Not a lot of spam, outside of the Icy Truck thread.

Spotted this one, though:

Robin B.: Don't ever take your car for service to a Canadian Tire store. Worst service I have ever seen

CTH8R

Icy Truck:

Neil R.: If it is a Canadian Tire product, it will fail and Customer Service will ignore requests for assistance.

CTH8R

Icy Truck:

Damien M.: Real Canadian ingenuity and only in Canada eh? However I would never ever take my vehicles there for servicing due to poor servicing and negative experiences there.

CTH8R

Robin B.: Don't ever take your car for service to a Canadian Tire store. Worst service I have ever seen

Owner/Moaner asked a while ago what, specifically, was wrong with their inventory system (as if they couldn't just consult the internal memos, LOL!).

Here's one specific example: the automotive parts inventory system has no connection to their automotive service department.

To make things worse, they won't set aside the parts you are going to need for your booked appointment, like any normal shop would do (i.e., ensure that they can actually perform the work they agreed to, at the agreed-upon time).

So, if you want to make sure the parts you'll need won't be scooped up by some other customer before your appointment time comes around, you have to purchase the parts yourself over-the-counter, and keep them with you, and bring them with you to the appointment. Imagine running a repair shop that way!

Robin B.: Went to your store in the morning yesterday to see about getting a battery installed. Checked first to see if you had a battery and was told yes. Then book an appointment for later that day and when I show up no batteries. Waste of my time. I don't understand why when I book an appointment for a battery and they know that why they wouldn't ensure a battery was available for my appointment that I booked four hours ahead. This just shows why I've always been reluctant to go to Canadian Tire for car service.

fred1

my question is did they still charge you for the pcp valve and the installation of this part(which was never installed)?and i concur with h8r,why risk a 'next visit'?
If you read near the bottom of my post I did state I didn't pay for the part . Why I go back maybe because I enjoy it - Where do you want I go to wallys mart? Not likely

CTH8R

Sorry, fred - missed that 'part' of your story. Good to know you dodged a bullet!

When I moved to a new town, I asked my co-workers and neighbours what mechanic they used, to get an idea of whom to trust. I was sternly warned not to go near CT!

(I did the same with dentists, barbers, pharmacists, roofers, etc.).

apple

just an fyi, the mechanics at the langley store hired a guy who has no automotive certification. He got a job there because of favoritism and I heard he forgot to tighten a bolt on a tire. the Tire fell off!!

another coworker went to the same langley canadian tire, the brakes didn't work!!! Ironically my coworker went there to FIX his brakes!!

and don't bother with the service people, one time I bought replacement headlights, he gave me the completely wrong item.
it cost me gas to go back to return it of course and a waste of my time!! this is a few years back. so so sad !

I know of a friend, fully certified with a certificate from Kwantlen university college and ten years of experienced, was basically bullied at the langley canadian tire also and left.

I have seen and heard for myself, the horror stories of the auto department of ct. There is no reason to go to a place without ethics or professional skill education / certification or/and standards rubric.

CTH8R

Hot off the presses at www.facebook.com/CanadianTireSucks

Rose P.: I took my car to Canadian Tire to change the breaks, a few weeks later I had to take my car to the dealership for a free oil change and checkup.They told me that I needed new breaks.....I went back to Canadian Tire and they gave me a hard time. Finally they checked and found out that indeed they didn't do ANY work on my car.They finally did the job and I demanded to see my old breaks. Never take your car for ANY reason to be fixed. They lost my trust.

CTH8R

Plus:

Doug R.: well I have to Canadian tires near me both service centers suck wouldn't take my wheelbarrow there to be fixed

CTH8R

This "New Year's Resolution" thread is yielding a LOT of automotive complaints:

Doug R.: The worst possible place to take your car for repair

CTH8R

Interesting perspective:

Mike R.: Hey Doug, the auto shops are franchises. Some are great, some are brutal. The one near me does decent work and they are fair. What Chinese Tire could do though is pay more attention to the reputation of each shop instead of how much product they upsell. The bad shops seem to really tarnish the rep of the good ones. Overall the taste in the public's mouths is bad.