CTH8R

From Gripvine:

On December 14, 2013 (Saturday), I bought a set of 4 winter tires plus rings, sensors and installation for my 2009 Nissan Rough in the Canadian Tire auto service (6014 Currents Drive NW, Edmonton AB T6W 0L7). The installation was done on Saturday. When I got my car back the TPMS light was not on. However, when I started my car on the next day (Sunday), the TPMS light was on, and I took my car to the store, I was told that the technician was not available and I need to come back on the next week. On the Monday morning, when I drove my car with my wife on the way to work, we heard noise of metal friction from the back of my car left passenger side. After shortly examining the car, I thought a possibility of loose exhaust part. I had to ask my wife to leave the car and she took a bus for work, and I come back the store again. In this time, an auto-service people reset the TPMS light but refused to further examine the possibility of loose exhaust part, saying that the problem was not related to the tire installation, and you need to come back on Wednesday because of the appointment was fully booked. I argued that the problem occurred one day after tire installation, and it is unsafe for me to drive the car without checking what the problem is and my car may get more damage if driving. I complained this issue to the store general manager (auto manager was not there). He repeated the reason I was told and refused to help me, I thus said to him that your service is bad and I don’t want to talk about it anymore. He responded to me surprisingly that I am not allowed to make an appointment in this store and enforced me to leave the store, saying that I was shouting on him.

This is a ridiculous situation I have never had. I took my car to the store for purchasing and installation of new winter tires. My car was no problem before tire installation and I have done full winter service package in the Nissan dealer one month ago. After the installation, I got one problem with another problem, and I have a reason to ask the store to check the problem, but finally I was not allowed even to make an appointment and I was enforced to leave the store without any solution.

I am frustrated by unethical practice by this Canadian Tire manager. Is this the Canadian Tire auto service? How can this general manager treat customer like an enemy? I am now asking the Canadian Tire to investigate this event, and I am waiting for your response.

(note: I called Canadian Tire customer relations for this issue yesterday, and I was told that the store owner will call me but I did not get any call until now)

- See more at: http://gripevine.com/unethical-prac...dquarters-gripe-20974365#sthash.WR9FDG5G.dpuf

CTH8R

Mark M's a busy guy!

Check out Tried to steal from my Daughter? | Gripevine

To: customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net; bcco@cantire.com; ombudsman@ctfs.com Subject: RE: Canadian Tire - What ? [#661393] Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:58:51 +0000

Again......................... it was asked if they could tighten two screws on a Muffler Guard ? That's it. You do realize the noise the car makes when a pipe or Muffler or even a Cat Converter is broken or in need of repair ?

This car was only making a rattling noise as the Guard was bagging against the bottom of the car. It had two screws missing and l was unable to reach it.

My Daughter took the car to your shop and asked them to tighten the screws.

They told her they couldn`t tighten the screws she needed a Whole NEW Muffler system and it upset her.

Again, l asked then could they not tighten the screws ? The Service Adviser said no.

I said why ? I know that car doesn`t need a whole NEW muffler system . It only needs two screws. He stated do you want to speak with the Tech ? It can`t be done. I said yes. I went out in the shop and saw the Tech. I asked why can`t you just tighten the screws on the Guard that is what is causing the rattling noise ? I said can you just tighten the screws so the rattling noise stops. He said yes he could no problem ???????

Why did the Service Advisor state the Two screws couldn`t be tightened ?

Why did the Service Advisor stated my Daughter had to purchase a Whole NEW Muffler system ?

The pipes weren`t broken ? the Cat Converter was on broken ? The Muffler was not Damaged ? Why the WHOLE NEW system ?

Yet you are telling me everything is fine ? My Daughter was upset by these actions and you are stating this is Business as usual at Canadian Tire ? With Actions such as these considered normal how can you be considered CANADIAN Tire ????

A lot of People are going to hear about this.

The Customer asked for two screws to be tightened right ? Canadian Tire says NO to a young Girl , no you have to purchase a WHOLE NEW Muffler system, we can`t tighten the screws.

The Customer shows the Tech what he wanted tightened and Canadian Tire does it. The customer stopped a unwarranted repair.

The Customer takes this valid complaint to Canadian Tire and Canadian Tire says that is how we do Business correct ?

How many people have had this done to them ? How many other young people and other customers has this been done to ?

This is not right how can your Stores be called Canadian with practices such as this ?

> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:21:25 +0000
> From: customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net
> To: umarkm@sympatico.ca
> Subject: RE: Canadian Tire - What ? [#661393]
> > Dear Mark M.,
> > Thank you for your further e-mails.
> > Our office has responded to your concerns and explained the differences between a do-it-yourselfer repair and the repairs that are completed in a licensed repair facility. Should you continue to disagree, you are welcome to pursue the matter as you see fit.
> > Also, we are sorry that you feel our response was not satisfactory. We would like to explain that all Canadian Tire Associate stores are privately owned and operated businesses. Each store has an owner which is referred to as an Associate Dealer. Each Associate Dealer is responsible for hiring his/her management, his/her employees and for the day to day operation of his/her business.
> > When a customer has a concern in regards to their experience at the store, we (the Canadian Tire Corporation) take the time to notify the associate dealer of what took place at their establishment.
> > Your e-mail tends to indicate that your concerns are not being heard. However, we have notified the one person that is empowered to address customer concerns against his/her management, staff, and store operations.
> > We again thank you for providing us with the final opportunity to respond.
> > Regards,
> > Guy Samson
> Corporate Customer Relations
> Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
> > This message, including any attachments, is privileged and may contain
> confidential information intended only for the person(s) named above. If
> you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error,
> please notify the sender immediately by reply email and permanently delete
> the original transmission from the sender, including any attachments,
> without making a copy. Thank you.
> > --Original Message--
> From: umark@sympatico.ca
> Date: 1/28/2014 9:43:59 AM
> To: bcco@cantire.com; customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net
> Subject: RE: Canadian Tire - What ? [#661393]
> > > > > > > > From: umark@sympatico.ca
> To: bcco@cantire.com
> Subject: RE: Canadian Tire [#661393] - What ?
> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 14:42:30 +0000
> > > Sir, this customer Service rep dismissed this ? Can you believe it ? I am shocked and appalled at his Tone. I will be forwarding several e-mails, with links to Powers at be about this.
> I will forward all complaints ,disputes etc to face You tube etc until this kind of attempted thief id dealt with.
> > As l have stated it was asked if two screws could be tighten. The Service Advisor stated the car needed a whole new Exhaust system to my Daughter. I was under the car that day and knew it only Needed two screws to tighten the PIPE Guard, two screws tightened.
> > When that upset my Daughter l told the Service Advisor, we just want the screws tightened nothing else. He stated it can t be done when l asked why he couldn t explain it so he asked if l wanted to speak to the Tech in the Shop. As soon as l saw the Tech he looked away. I said to the Tech can you just tighten/replace the screws on the Muffler Guard to stop the rattling noise ? He said yes he could. The Service Advisor then looked away.
> The is car fine now ? The Mu ffler is fine, Cat Converter is fine the pipes are all fine ? Why the WHOLE NEW SYSTEM ?Now if l wasn t there my Daughter would have been taken advantage of.
> What integrity are you talking about in your Ads ? What trust ? Do you want more Links there is something wrong with this ?
> > If this not addressed properly this going viral .
> > > > > From: BCCO@cantire.com
> To: umarkm@sympatico.ca; customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net
> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 13:43:19 +0000
> > > Good morning Mark,
> > As previously stated, complaints involving Canadian Tire Associate Stores (all of which are independently owned and operated) are handled by our Corporate Customer Relations department. Accordingly, I have forwarded your letter to them with a request that they review the situation you reported and take the necessary steps to address your concerns.
> > I have been advised that a customer service representative has been in touch with you and that the Corporate Customer Relations department is handling this matter. Should you wish to contact the Customer Relations department directly, they may be reached at 1-800-387-8803.
> > Thank you,
> > > > Business Conduct Compliance Office
> Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited
> BCCO@cantire.com
> > > From: Mark M. [mailto:umarkm@sympatico.ca]
> Sent: January-27-14 5:37 PM
> To: Corporate Client Relations; BCCO
> > http://www.yelp.ca/biz/canadian-tire-associate-stores-and-auto-centres-M...
> > > > Another Canadian Tire another rip off!! A friend of mine went there today to have a look at her seatbelt because it was stuck and she couldn't pull it out. They charged her $125.- just to have a look at it and told her that the hole thing needs to replaced and that it will cost an additional $185.-
> She drove to the next best independent privat mechanic down the road, he had a look at it and said that there was just a screw loose and that's why it wasn't working. Fixed it - CHARGE FREE!!!
> > See my other review about Canadian Tire!!
> Was this review …?
> > > > > > > > I brought my car in this past weekend to change my winter tires over to summer tires since they had a 20% off deal that included a free alignment check.
> Against the advice from almost everyone I know NOT to take it into Canadian Tire, I did anyway, I figured...they are just putting tires on, there's not much they can ruin.
> Well, I was wrong. The job that was expected to take 45 mins wound up taking an hour and a half...and they didn't do the alignment check! When I was being cashed out, I noticed on my invoice that it said I had declined the alignment check...having already been there way longer than I wanted to be, I let it go. I was extremely disappointed - but I could live with it. I wasn't going to write them a bad review until this morning happened..
> Turns out they HAND TIGHTENED the bolts on my tires, no torque wrench used. Driving to work it sounded like I was driving over rumble strips...I pulled over into a local garage who informed me that ALL of the bolts were loose on the tires, the front one to the point of almost falling off. In short - I could have killed other people or myself from tires flying off. Comforting thought! So lesson learned...NEVER AGAIN.
> > > > From: umarkm@sympatico.ca
> To: customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net; bcco@cantire.com
Subject: RE: Canadian Tire [#661393] - What ?
> Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:55:54 +0000
> canadian tire complaints? - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
> > > > > From: umarkm@sympatico.ca
> To: customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net; bcco@cantire.com > Subject: RE: Canadian Tire [#661393] - What ?
> Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:49:08 +0000
> Canadian Tire Automotive: Cheaters Canada
> Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:34:10 +0000
> Canadian Tire Corporation (Headquarters) Complaints | 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, ca | Gripevine
> To: customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net; bcco@cantire.com > Subject: RE: Canadian Tire [#661393] - What ?
> Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:33:05 +0000
> > > > > > From: umarkml@sympatico.ca
> Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:32:26 +0000
> RedFlagDeals.com Forums - Canada's Shopping Deals and Coupons Community...
> > https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/forum/
> > Canadian Tire a rip off...READ!! - beyond.ca car forums community for automotive enthusiasts
> >
> > https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/8...
> > http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/canadian-tire-a1363.html
> > http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/canadian-tire-a1363.html
> > The service at Canadian Tire is brutal « GraceWorks.ca
> > Canadian Tire Corporation (Headquarters) Complaints | 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, ca | Gripevine
> > > Dear Mark M.,
> > Thank you for e-mailing our office regarding you and your daughter’s experience at the Queensway Canadian Tire store. .
> > We are sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with Canadian Tire. The work order list an exhaust inspection. The technician found the exhaust system in poor condition and called the work he/she felt was required to have the exhaust in proper operation. Your e-mail indicates that you repaired the muffler with repair material. Although this is an acceptable repair for the do-it-yourselfer, a technician would call the replacement of the component.
> > We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to respond.
> > Regards,
> > Guy Samson
> Corporate Customer Relations
> Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
> > > Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 15:57:34 +0000
> > From: customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net
> > To: umarkm@sympatico.ca
> > Subject: Canadian Tire [#661393]
> > > > Dear Mark M.,
> > > > Thank you for e-mailing our office regarding you and your daughter’s experience at the Queensway Canadian Tire store. .
> > > > We are sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with Canadian Tire. The work order list an exhaust inspection. The technician found the exhaust system in poor condition and called the work he/she felt was required to have the exhaust in proper operation. Your e-mail indicates that you repaired the muffler with repair material. Although this is an acceptable repair for the do-it-yourselfer, a technician would call the replacement of the component.
> > > > We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to respond.
> > > > Regards,
> > > > Guy Samson
> > Corporate Customer Relations
> > Canadian Tire Corporation Limited

CTH8R

Mark M.: This stuff is never ending and they just shrug it off saying the stores are independently owed ? So is that how you do Business ? Customers beware ?

CTH8R

Shikha T.: I have to agree with the post below. I dropped my mom's dodge Caravan off to a Canadian tire auto centre because it smelt like something was burning whenever I turned the heat on in the vehicle. They kept my van for a good 6 hours and called me back and said nothing was wrong and they didn't understand what I was complaining about. Well three days latter my van started to over heat so I took it back to a different Canadian tire location. It turned out there was a gaping hole in the coolant pipe - about the size of toonie ...if you popped the hood there was no way you could miss it. This tells me that they kept my van and clearly didn't even look at it, meanwhile I was driving around in an unsafe vehicle. This is despicable. I will never ever be returning to Canadian Tire, needless to say. To top it all off, I don't know how much additional damage was caused from driving the van around like that....damage that came outta my pocket at the tune of $700.

CTH8R

Sounds familiar - I knew I'd heard it before!

Matt B.: They dont hire mechanics they hire auto service techs

Owner 1

Sounds familiar - I knew I'd heard it before!

Matt B.: They dont hire mechanics they hire auto service techs

Again, copy and paste anything you want LOL kind of sad really
Mechanic and technician are generally interchangeable terms. In years gone by they were called mechanics because cars were mechanical. Now there's as much computer controlled as there is mechanical components. Some schools call it auto mechanic, some call it auto technician.

Of course, you are aware that auto shops have rules that govern their operations. You can't just bolt a hoist to the floor and throw a guy with tools into a shop and start doing brake jobs .
Sure you know that, you just choose not to acknowledge it because it doesn't fit your case of "everything is bad about Canadian Tire"

CT Challenger

It's no surprise that the CTers want to keep their pockets lined, by convincing consumers that its safe to use their Dis-Service Centres.

But thee are lots of independent sources saying they are at the bottom of the standing for reliable service, including all the horror-stories we read on their own facebook page, plus stories posted he, too.

Sure, they might have some garages that actually have trained staff who won't make your wheels fall off.

But why take a chance? Why rely on the proven false statements of The Moaner?

Owner 1

It's no surprise that the CTers want to keep their pockets lined, by convincing consumers that its safe to use their Dis-Service Centres.

But thee are lots of independent sources saying they are at the bottom of the standing for reliable service, including all the horror-stories we read on their own facebook page, plus stories posted he, too.

Sure, they might have some garages that actually have trained staff who won't make your wheels fall off.

But why take a chance? Why rely on the proven false statements of The Moaner?

Hey way to go Captain Obvious. Of course we want to have consumers use our shops, and shop in our stores.

By posting here, I PROMISE we are not trying to convince consumers of anything, because the consumers are not here on this website. Just you three asshats, and a couple of ladies trying to defend their once employed by CT husbands.

Oh and before I go.... just because you say something is false, does not mean it's been proven. An opinion is not fact, and opinions are all you have

CTH8R

So, quick summary:

- lots of independent evidence that Crappy Tire Dis-Service Centers are risky places to take your ride,
- the Crappy People will try to hide that, in order to profit from consumers' naivity.

Good to know!

CTH8R

CT says they support athletes (but only for some Olympics sports).

Here's what this lady thinks:

Sue S.:
Canadian tire were NOT supportive when I had a car repair issue with them, when I had to take my car there in an emergency. I do not respect them. They merely shrugged their shoulders at my problem.

CTH8R

Meanwhile, back on CT's own Olympic-themed Facebook page:

Margaret R.: They support the above but I agree with the car repair part. from experience will not let them touch the car for anything..

CTH8R

More from Sue:

I did complain..Actually I went to a Canadian tire store, talked to the repair manager calmly and in a dignified and clear way and got NO help. And yes, Canadian Tire, I will write to the site you suggested. I did everything right AT the store but this is a next step and I will post on here what happened. It was several years ago, but it affected my shopping habits big time.

CTH8R

Another lady. Must all be coincidence, right? I mean, I heard one complaint about Walmart, so all retailers must obviously suck equally, right??

Carol-Ann S.L.: I've got a whole load of receipts from work I had done on my car. While others were telling me NOT to bring my car to Canadian Tire, I was too stupid to listen. You people will NEVER get some people back, and i am one of them.

CTH8R

Note to CTers: feel free to ignore all such comments.

Note to Consumers: maybe you should pay attention to your fellow consumers!

Micheal S.: Dont take ur car to canadian tire

CTH8R

Carol-Ann S.L.: Canadian Tire is NOT a place I would EVER take my car to again. They are rip-off artists

CTH8R

Another warining to consider, when choosing an auto shop:

Mark M.: Use Canadian Tire Auto Centers at your own risk. They play Games with Needing repair`s vs Recommend.

CTH8R

Every repair, is a chance for Crappy Tire to invent a brand new way to Suck:

From https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/new-site/990-government-inspections.html

Is it customary for Canadian Tire to have various employees use customers private cars brought in for government inspections to go for "test drives" that take longer than half an hour and use up a quarter tank of gas even when these employees are not the certified inspectors? While watching various young employees come and go in my own vehicle I was kept waiting over 3 hrs total, during scheduled appointment times estimated to take less than one third this time, having had numerous repairs done on my vehicle somewhere else to comply with the Canadian Tire inspectors original report. I believe I was punished for having the designated repairs done elsewhere by Canadian Tire messing with my vehicle in various ways to cause problems and finally tell me they had a bad feeling about the car but could not tell me why they would not pass it after $900 of repairs, they had ordered. I took it elsewhere that day and it passed the inspection with flying colours. I'm forever done with Canadian Tire. They give Canada a bad name.

CTH8R

Do we really 'All play for Canada'?

Patricia M.: Canadian Tire plays for themselves .. advertising is their gig..on the backs of the athletes .. Here they don't have to pay them individually but get them for FREE.. Sad to say your Canadian ..Canadian Tire.. I hate Sarnia Canadian Tire for sending my husband home having a stroke .. Take care of your own ..train your staff.. pay them mechanics more than 12.50 an hour so they don't try to up sell to survive..and you to get richer Shame on YOU!