CTH8R

Brad S.: ... the garage is a whole different story, stay away from canadain tire automotive. They will screw you over or say you need things you don't, believe me they suck all across Canada, and are rip offs

CTH8R

Mag N.: Canadian Tire ripped off my Dad they took advantage he is a senior the brake job was $800 the parts were $150 and $700 labour for a Dodge Caravan thatafttetr a so called 10% discount. I'm never buying anything. From that rip off store again

CTH8R

Aurel S.O.: well i get my car done at canadian tiee and my car is a chev. aveo208 and now the timing belt broke and i need a new motor and now it costing me 1800 hundred dollar and i still had to pay the 100 to do nothing to it nice of them that's it for me now i have to go fix my car thanks guys

CT Challenger

A new post from a guy who let Crappy get access to his rotors. Any guesses on how it turned out?

Quote from the service manager "The rotors machined with a true face, giving neither of the technicians any reason to condemn the rotors as not machine able."

Here is a video of the rotors they claim are straight. They never even asked to see them or investigate. How does this company stay in business????

Basically they could have stopped during any one of the 4 rotors and told me they were bad, but they did not. Just close your eyes, turn them and give them back to the customer, that's how they roll. Any good tech would inspect the straightness along the way and advise the customer if there was an issue. Not CT.

CTH8R

Crappy posted a picture of a DIY brake service. A very poor, dangerous, uninformed photo, LOL!

Gary N.: I'm astonished that this photograph of exactly how NOT to take a wheel off a vehicle and work unattended with massive personal risk of a serious accident is being promoted by Canadian Tire. Shame on you folk!
They'll be some imbecile who now thinks all you need is a jack and a brand spanking new set of maximum sockets and you're god's gift to motor mechanics...going at the rate the subject is going, he'll be heading in that general direction... to meet his maker!
How irresponsible! Could have at least photographed the bloke using a crap "Jobmate" set (as I rather like the maximum branded products and now will consider throwing them all away as they'll induce some immediate stupidity if I attempt to use them!)

CTH8R

Amanda K.: I am extremely disappointed at the terrible service I got at the Queensway store last night. The associate told me it would be 45 mins for the 'Road Ready' oil change (from a package I had pre- bought) and for a scan to understand why my engine light was on. It took over 2 hours, and the couple time I went to inquire about my vehicle, I was rudely ignored by associates. The two times I could get someone to talk to me about my car, they would answer 'a few more minutes' and blow me off... They didn't explain anything to me about the scan they did on my car, only said that it was after 6 so they wouldn't do anything because parts place were closed, but that they would turn the engine light off because it wasn't urgent. They tried to rip me off and charge me for a different oil change (when I specified 'Road ready' as part of my package) and they insisted that I would have to pay more for a different oil change. I was extremely upset for the terrible treatment and for their attempt to take advantage of a customer. The associates took no accountability for the poor service, lack of communication, and were extremely rude. To top it off, when I got back to the car, the engine light was still on. I was extremely late, and couldn't go back in, but would like to speak to the GM of the Queensway immediately. The associates trying to rip me off, as well as the disrespect shown is unacceptable.

CTH8R

Crappy Say, "Now that DIY season has arrived, it's time to work on your car's brakes."

And Ara G. says:

"You would be better off DIY'ng than taking your car to the Canadian Tire at Meadowvale Town Centre. I took my car in for tire change, and it came back with no hub caps. The best part is Canadian Tire is refusing to take any responsibility for it! Customer service and fairness, clearly not top of their priority list."

1wildhorse

and where have we heard that before?CT mess up and dont take responsibility?
owait right here all the bloody time.nothing changes,just glad i dont spend any money there nowadays.....

CTH8R

Cal B.: never do business with the 2830 Bentall St store in vancouver, they damaged my car in the shop and after 3 weeks have not fixed it.

CTH8R

Gerrit M.B.: This company has the worst customer service imaginable! Hard to imagine that any business could be run worse than this! Over 2 month of repeated attempts to speak to someone at the store and they still won't return phone calls or emails. Automotive manager won't return my phone calls, customer service manager at head office called me a liar, and the 'licensed' mechanic apparently forged a vehicle inspection.

CTH8R

Something from Cal:

Cal B.: more runaround on my damaged car.. nothing has happened on my file im supposed to wait some more while barry the non existent manager (works about 4 hours a day) at the grandview store ignores head office.. what a joke car still damaged im still pissed

CTH8R

Something from Cal:

Cal B.: more runaround on my damaged car.. nothing has happened on my file im supposed to wait some more while barry the non existent manager (works about 4 hours a day) at the grandview store ignores head office.. what a joke car still damaged im still pissed

More still:

Cal B.: latest update "the parts have been ordered" yeah been hearing that for 23 days! forgive my skepticism

CTH8R

Found some earlier ones from Cal:

Cal B.: my fight with grandview canadian tire continues no one has helped me my car is still damaged and they dont care crappy company all around AVOID THIS COMAPNY AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Cal B.: dont ever bother telling me to contact you i already have and still nothing you say to contact the store that was no help in the first place.. MORE RUNAROUND

Cal B.: apparently damaging ones property is taken very lightly by this comapny

More still:

Cal B.: latest update "the parts have been ordered" yeah been hearing that for 23 days! forgive my skepticism

CTH8R

From https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/p...chnaged-ct-lead-engine-seizure.html#post12191

OMG...the nightmare is getting worse!!
Not only this store screw up my car, they lost my car key and forget to remount the splash shield!! WTH?? I have been provided with inconsistent and incorrect information regarding the issue with my car and to make matters worse I now am out my car keys and splash shield due to the auto staff at this store’s negligence. What else??
I contacted their customer relations department and isn’t getting any where!!basically they are saying auto service concerns are dealt with by the store. What is the point in having a 'Customer Relations' department???
Contacting the corporate management doesn’t help either. They come back with a nice respond to brush you off. This is the respond I received when I contact one of their corporate management personnel:

Thank you so much for contacting me and for letting me know about your experience at our auto service centre in Aurora. Every day we try hard to meet our customers’ expectations, provide better service, launch new and exciting products and help in any way we can as Canadians tackle the jobs and joys of life in this great country. On behalf of the Canadian Tire Family of Companies I’m sorry for putting you through what sounds like a frustrating experience.
First, I want to reinforce that we are making huge progress in our efforts to better serve our customers across the country, particularly with our automotive service. We have invested heavily in training throughout our network in order to provide auto service employees with the training and tools they need to provide the best possible customer experience. While I am proud of the progress we’ve made, your letter reminds me that there is still work to be done.
I wanted to let you know that I have followed up with our Corporate Customer Relations team and understand that they have already been in touch with you and are in the process of resolving your case. I have full confidence in the team here at “the Tire” and know that they will do their very best to make things right for you.

It has been over 6 weeks and I have followed up, still no response. And Canadian Tire is suppose to be ‘Canada’s most trusted company’ and ‘to ensure a clear understanding and consistent level of commitment to ethical business practices.’??? I question their 'ethical business practices' they are practicing. It's so pathetic that they are a Canadian Corporation.

CTH8R

Mike W.: May 23 2014 alternator went. i went to Canadian Tire Cobourg because they are close to where i work. They replaced the alternator and battery. May 25th i was driving home with my six year old and my brake light went on, proceeded to drive home and found brake fluid in the inside of my wheel well. Of course this was a little scary and thought it a little much that i would have to take it into CT Cobourg another time. Fortunately this happened close to home. I took it to my local garage where they found out it was a flex line banjo bolt loose on the same side they replaced my alternator. A bolt from a 2005 vehicle is very difficult to loosen. The mechanic that looked at my vehicle was astonished and said this was criminal and I have to agree. If something happened to 6 year old daughter and myself there would be a criminal investigation on the garage and charges would be laid. Please make sure this does not happen to anyone else.

CTH8R

It seem like lots can go wrong with an auto repair at CT.

And here's what you can expect when it does go wrong:

---

Gerrit M.B.: After almost two months of trying to get some response to my concerns, I finally got a call from the automotive manager at the Capilano Canadian Tire (Edmonton AB (Canada)). I was at work, and couldn't answer at the time, so he left a message on my voicemail. I reviewed my messages, and returned his call the next day. He was unavailable at the time, so I left my name and phone number with the person that I spoke with. That was 2 weeks ago. Let me repeat: I left my NAME and my PHONE NUMBER, with the PERSON that I spoke with. I have also left my NAME, my PHONE NUMBER, and my EMAIL ADDRESS with the customer service department at your head office, or at least the customer service department that you advertise on your website. All told, this has been almost 3 months of phone calls, emails, and the absolute worst, let me repeat, WORST, experience in customer service I've ever had or even heard of.

If anyone at Canadian Tire had any desire to "make things right," as you claim, I believe that I would have received a response to one of my many phone calls, emails, or posts, before it became somewhat public. The fact that you have asked me to take the conversation to a private level (Please email your contact information and more details about your experience to customerservice@canadiantire.com ) so it can be hidden from your customers and the public in general, leads me to believe that the horrible service standard that is offered and is exactly what I have received, is embaressing to you all, and something that the company would prefer remain hidden.

Oh, BTW, you're welcome.

Canadian Tire replied to your comment on their photo.
Canadian Tire wrote: "This concerns us Gerrit and we would like a chance to make things right. Please email your contact information and more details about your experience to customerservice@canadiantire.com so we can look into this matter for you. Thanks!"

CTH8R

Cal B.: ***AVOID CANADIAN TIRE*** they damage your property and avoid you in the hopes you go away! Im not going away and they are pissed off.. the only guy able to help me, barry at the grandview store in vancouver was sick and is now "on vacation" it has been nearly a month since they damaged my car and they still have no parts to fix it..head office is no help the store owner is no help.. ****AVOID THIS COMPANY***

Cal B.: done that weeks ago.. at the supervisor level now and they are not returning my calls either ..whats next.. a call to a reporter unless i get some resolution FAST on this ...it will be a MONTH monday i feel like im just the running joke.. disgusting how this company is run especially since you damaged my property and are stalling fixing it, why? i have no idea

CTH8R

I'm wondering: how long are people 'allowed' to be mad about being ripped off, before it becomes "just a grudge"?

I'd say Cal is allowed to still be mad.

And when Crappy posts, "We got your back", I think Cal's entitled to reset the clock ...

Cal B.: they do not "got your back" they damage property and give you the runaround for months trying to get you to go away.. they ordered one of 4 parts to make it right and the other 3 will take another month?? disgusting behavior or just blind incompetence..SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE..slogan should be "we got your money" now go away..

Last edited:

CTH8R

Ah ... spam!

Verity D.: Auto repairs.....rip off.... They suck.... Don't ever take take your car there

CTH8R

Shahee W.: What would you do if you took your vehicle into Canadian Tire to get your coolant pump replaced, and when you went to pick it up, the drivers side seat is damaged, and they are trying to wave any responsibility?

Shahee W.: The police are saying it is a civil case and advising me on how to pursue it legally.

Shahee W.: Yes I have filed a case now. I am waiting back to hear if they are going to be integral and honor their responsibility for the damage they caused.

----

Shahee should brace for Crappy to say the following

- The car was never brought to them for service.
- The seats were already torn when it was brought in
. The seats were fine when they gave the car back.
- The customer, or a random criminal, tore the seats while Crappy had the car.
- The tears are just normal wear & tear during a repair like this.

Good luck, Shahee!