Guest-0118

Posted by an unregistered user
I have heard a rumour that this store is closing soon. Does anyone know more about this, or what might be moving in there?

Guest-0110

I have heard a rumour that this store is closing soon. Does anyone know more about this, or what might be moving in there?

I don't know if that particular location is closing, but if the entire chain went bankrupt I would celebrate for a week.

Guest-0551

how could the store gonna went on bankcruptcy if this store only sells the cheapest of all cheapest product in canada?a necessity might be a big factor for canadians("practically") to buy stuff from this store in a cheaper price with the same quality and exchange program compare to the branded names....I would go for it for my hard earned money....if you guys are smart i would the same...think...think...think....

Guest-0533

and wishing bankruptcy and 50,000 people out of work is deservingly Canadian? YOu should be ashamed of yourself

Either way, your dreams will never come true....as I suspect is probably the case with much of your life.
CT is a cash rich company with tons of assets as well. THey make profit quarter after quarter...in fact I don't even recall the last time there was a loss in the quarter. Probably been 30 years.

You're just a bitter loser that's all. What happened? you apply to be a dealer and get rejected? lol

CT Challenger

and wishing bankruptcy and 50,000 people out of work is deservingly Canadian? YOu should be ashamed of yourself

So typical of CT arrogance, to assume that customers wouldn't just seamlessly shift their business to other retailers and garages, who are more worthy of their patronage.

So typical of CT arrogance, to assume that the employees wouldn't just seamlessly begin working at the other businesses.

The only people who need to be ashamed, are the arrogant Crappy People, who exploit their workers, cheat their customers, and assume they can continue with impunity.

CT Challenger

CT is a cash rich company with tons of assets as well.

If they have so much cash, how come they have $3.3 BILLION in debt?

Just curious why some of that cash you say exists, isn't being used to pay down that debt?

I know lots of people, when they have huge debts, will at least think about selling off some of their assets to get out from under the crushing debt load.

Just an idea your CT people might want to consider ...

CT Challenger

If they have so much cash, how come they have $3.3 BILLION in debt?

Just curious why some of that cash you say exists, isn't being used to pay down that debt?

I know lots of people, when they have huge debts, will at least think about selling off some of their assets to get out from under the crushing debt load.

Just an idea your CT people might want to consider ...

they spend over $100 a year just in interest costs

crappy tire only had $632 million in cash at the start of 2011

that's why they had to borrow so much to buy forzani for $771 million

sporting goods are discretionary - they better hope they can keep up the cash flow

CT Challenger

they spend over $100 a year just in interest costs

crappy tire only had $632 million in cash at the start of 2011

that's why they had to borrow so much to buy forzani for $771 million

sporting goods are discretionary - they better hope they can keep up the cash flow

That should be "over $100 MILLION a year just in interest costs".

Guest-0276

Either way, your dreams will never come true....as I suspect is probably the case with much of your life.
CT is a cash rich company with tons of assets as well. THey make profit quarter after quarter...in fact I don't even recall the last time there was a loss in the quarter. Probably been 30 years.

You're just a bitter loser that's all. What happened? you apply to be a dealer and get rejected? lol

50 000 minimum wage jerks out of a job! Oh boo hoo hoo...that's what you get for not staying in school. They'll be retail losers for ever!