CTH8R

Old Crappy calls it "The Ultimate Hose" ... but it's by their own crappy Yard Works brand!

No wonder there are reviews like this:

Richelle W.: Bought one and it broke in 15 minutes!

CTH8R

Melanie C.:

The next time I go to Canadian Tire, I'm going to refuse to let the kids ride in the fun 'car' cart from the beginning, instead of switching them out to a regular cart before we leave the store. Then all the staff can share in the mass hysteria that ensues every time I take them out of the car cart and try to explain to them why Canadian Tire has locks to prevent those carts from leaving the store since apparently parents of young children never purchase more than they can carry with children in tow and are thieves who will steal the cart if they get it outside the store. Because that's what my home needs: a shopping cart. Thanks for being terrible Canadian Tire!

CTH8R

Melissa M.:

There is a post from Rona that has gone viral (shared 60,000 times) asking shoppers to bring their dogs inside the store instead of leaving them in the hot car. I was in your garden center when I heard a man with his little black lab told he's not allowed to bring the dog in. He decided to leave the dog in the car instead. Not good Canadian Tire... Apparently you had an incident with a dog biting a greeter - and decided to make a store wide policy. Please reconsider. Until then I will be shopping at Rona.

CTH8R

Jonathon D.:

Do not buy Yardworks, their warranty does not exist! Canadian Tire will refer you to a local service centre that will charge you for repairs without the customers consent. This just happened to me. Our local Canadian Tire's store manager and Corporate office did not help either. Stay far away from Yardworks!!

I called corporate office yesterday and was told that there is nothing that you can do about repairs under warranty. Ref: 246270727

CTH8R

Frank S.: Just had a super disappointing trip to the Ironwood Canadian tire store ...went it to get an item that went on sale this morning only to see the shelf bare ...when I asked the guy at the auto counter about it he shrugged his shoulders and started to blame the guys that order stuff. Then when I talked the store manager he wasn't any better ...he started to blame some one also when I had stop him and say really I'm not interested in your store politics ...so off I went with my long list of things to Lordco spend my money there ,, at least they have items on the shelf that are on sale ...what a joke , it will be a long time before I pick up a Canadian tire flyer...what a giant waste of time !!!

CTH8R

Katherine A.:

Was told they had 2 trampolines at west side Canadian tire in saskatoon after being on hold for 20 minutes drive 45 minutes to get there and they don't have any they didn't 'check' so waste of a drive from out of town. Waste of time. And online says they have them in stock at both stores in the city.

CTH8R

Vensus B.:

How come in your stores, and this is all of them, and people say this all the time. A person can be in your store for half an hour and still get no customer service or assistance? You look at an employee and they cannot look away enough. I hate to go to this store because of this, but sometimes one has too. Bring back customer service...we pay for it.

CTH8R

Now Crappy Tire has a Crapp App:

Adam C.: Will it help with finding staff at the store when I need help finding something?

CTH8R

Chris S.:

Do not buy a tent from Canadian Tire. I'm not happy with Canadian Tire on Carling Ave in Ottawa and their tent return policy. We bought this tent from the store and when we set it up, we realized how poor the quality of it was. First off it isn't really a 2 room tent, there is hanging curtain that "separates" each side but this isn't what normally is considered a multi room tent. Secondly, the quality of the tent is very poor. The tent pole tips, on the rain fly, push against the fabric and will without a doubt poke through after a few uses. The seams on the tent are poorly sewn and will easily leak with a light rain, Canadian Tire covers themselves on this by stating that their tents shouldn't be considered water tight, they are the only ones I've ever heard make this claim. A properly constructed tent, with quality seams, should never leak. So those were the problems which led us to try to return the tent. When we got to the store we were told we could not get a refund and could only exchange the tent for another tent sold at Canadian Tire, as per their special tent return policy. They would of gave us a refund or store credit if we hadn't opened the box, because at that point they consider it used. The problem is we could only see the poor quality once it was set up. We would of gladly taken a store credit, but were told we had to exchange it for another tent, which we didn't want to do because we were no longer confident in the quality of the tents offered at Canadian Tire. This policy is ridiculous and has jaded us from ever voluntarily considering purchasing another similar item. I recommend never purchasing a Outbound product unless you are okay with throwing your money away, a tent should last many years not just 1 season. I also recommend carefully reviewing Canadian Tire's return policies on tents and heavily consider this when making a purchase. We ended up having to spend a lot more than we wanted to on an inferior product that will likely be worn out in a year or two. Outbound 2-Room Tent, 8-Person | Canadian Tire,

CTH8R

Billiam C.: I will not shop at Canadian tire anymore . Last trip there , I was harassed by 4 people trying to sign me up for their credit card all within 10 minutes . This happen every time ,enough is enough . Stop being so desperate and leave your shopper alone .

CTH8R

Wendy C.: More disturbing to me is being told by someone who has worked there for 7 years that you have to know ways of "getting around policy with these problems". Excuse me??? Why and how should a customer have to know the ways to get around a poor customer service policy???
She also told me this same "no return" policy is also on pressure washers! Great. Guess where we bought ours?
I will be calling the 1-800 number today.

CTH8R

Soooo close to a permanent boycott ...

Amanda S.: Looks like u got duped by CT as well. They don't stand behind any product nor do they state all their policies in writing as I found out today. Looks like no shopping at CT for another 10 years for me. They were just starting to reel me back in over last 5ish years too

CTH8R

Kathleen T.:

Your staff at Barton and Kenilworth totally humiliated my daughter by going through the contents of her backpack for no good reason including perusing all of her personal hygiene supplies. You have no authority to conduct a search. That is reserved for police with grounds. Next time you want to search someone's personal belongings you better call the police first.

CTH8R

Should it be called "YardDoesn'tWorks"?

Bran K.: This hose sucks ! So does the sprinklers .! I bought 2 just to find that they all leak . Disappointed

CTH8R

C A Sat M.:
Canadian Tire Airdrie location sucks. The customer service is terrible for returns. I had unopened unused item and the last sale
price was $14.99 and the regular price is $42. I was fine to accept a store credit for last sale price but the lady at Customer Service says that since I do not have a receipt she can't return the item because of store policy. I do not have the receipt that's why I am willing to accept store credit for last sale price but the lady was just adamant. I thanked her and requested that if I want to give my feedback to manager. She called manager and manager said that wait for at least (at least) 10 minutes to provide feedback. What a poor instance of customer service. Not going to Canadian Tires again if a customer cannot return unused unopened items for store credit at last sales price.

CTH8R

Kathleen T.:

Your staff at Barton and Kenilworth totally humiliated my daughter by going through the contents of her backpack for no good reason including perusing all of her personal hygiene supplies. You have no authority to conduct a search. That is reserved for police with grounds. Next time you want to search someone's personal belongings you better call the police first.

Subject: Canadian Tire Stores
Comment: My 22yo daughter went into your store at Barton and Kenilworth in Hamilton after her shift at Dofasco to pick up a new mop head for me. As she was checking out an employee approached her and said she would have to search her back pack. My daughter was unaware that this was a violation of her charter protected rights of unreasonable search so she submitted to the search. Today at work I was speaking to a police officer we and related this story to him. He advised my that you can search her bags as a condition of entry to your private premises but you cannot search her bags upon exit. She was entirely humiliated in front of other patrons while the employee poked through her personal effects including her feminine hygiene products. I find it appalling that a company the size of yours does not know this and does not have their employees properly trained. It is interesting to note that a patron In Winnipeg reports that same kind of experience also on your facebook page. Please contact me to advise me of how your store policy complies with the charter protections and how you will retrain your staff to prevent future charter violations.

CT Challenger

Dawn D.:

Hmm so apparently it's acceptable for the mechanics in he Canadian Tire auto shops to call their customers "pricks"!? And the manager and store owner don't care either, they stand by the comment. Definitely lost customers from my family!

CT Challenger

Comment: My 22yo daughter went into your store at Barton and Kenilworth in Hamilton after her shift at Dofasco to pick up a new mop head for me. As she was checking out an employee approached her and said she would have to search her back pack. My daughter was unaware that this was a violation of her charter protected rights of unreasonable search so she submitted to the search. Today at work I was speaking to a police officer we and related this story to him. He advised my that you can search her bags as a condition of entry to your private premises but you cannot search her bags upon exit. She was entirely humiliated in front of other patrons while the employee poked through her personal effects including her feminine hygiene products. I find it appalling that a company the size of yours does not know this and does not have their employees properly trained. It is interesting to note that a patron In Winnipeg reports that same kind of experience also on your facebook page. Please contact me to advise me of how your store policy complies with the charter protections and how you will retrain your staff to prevent future charter violations.

Kathleen:

Typical pass the buck reply. If I wanted to call the store manager I would have. Not that I am surprised.
Dear Kathleen Leach,
Thank you for contacting our office.
Our associate stores are responsible for their own security procedures. Security has become an increasingly essential part of retail shopping across the country, and certain measures such as checking large bags or backpacks, has become regular practice within our stores.
Our General Managers are always interested in hearing your feedback. We invite you to please contact the General Manager directly to voice your feedback. The telephone number for the store in Hamilton Centre Mall is (905) 549-1336.
Providing your feedback about your personal experience directly to the store will help them understand where they can make improvements. Your feedback has been logged and will be forwarded to the store for review. When contacting the store, kindly ask for the General Manager or Store Manager.
We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to respond.
Corporate Customer Relations
Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
1-800-387-8803
This message, including any attachments, is privileged and may contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) named above. If
you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply email and permanently delete
the original transmission from the sender, including any attachments,
without making a copy. Thank you.
--Original Message--
Date: 6/2/2015 7:11:14 PM
To: ccrenglish@canadiantire.ca
First name: Kathleen
Last name: Leach
Email address: kathleen@kdleach.ca
Phone:
Address:
City:
Province:
Postal Code:
Comments: For some reason the first form did not let me fill in my email address. Resending as this is really upsetting me.
Contact type: email
This message, including any attachments, is privileged and may contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and permanently delete the original transmission from the sender, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.
Ce message, y compris toutes ses pièces jointes, est confidentiel et peut contenir des renseignements destinés uniquement aux personnes dont le nom est indiqué ci-dessus. Si vous n?êtes pas le destinataire prévu ou si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez en aviser l?expéditeur immédiatement, en lui répondant par courriel. Veuillez aussi supprimer définitivement le message original de l?expéditeur, y compris toute pièce jointe, sans faire de copie. Merci.

CTH8R

I think Jumpstart probably does some good things. But not everybody agree.

Vernus Byes but if you are a working parent you do not qualify. If your kid cannot be in sports because it is too expensive too bad. Many of us go though this, and we certainly do not expect others to pay for it.