CTH8R

Rebecca Hubbert I personally only shop at Canadian tire a few times a year or when I need tires (which you gotta keep an eye on the mechanics dept or they'll try and over charge)

Last edited:

CTH8R

An example of what happens when CT posts their repetitive "CS is important" messages on their fb page:

Hasan Master This is what I did, when I wrote about my experience on this page. I was given an email address, when I wrote to them, I got a standard response. Just shows no one cares about customer service. The email goes into an endless loop, without getting any resolution, only losing customers. What a shame

Another tale:

Scott Whitelaw Canadian Tire in Lethbridge wasted my time last week by advertising a 19" tv. Went to both in town here and they were gone before noon. Asked the clerk at the front desk just how many "did" they have in stock. Her reply, "one and it was sold last week!" Piss poor advertising if you ask me. Email response from canuck tire.........we might have some in calgary you could go there!!!!

CTH8R

Randy Sapunto Peñaranda Customer service at Canadian tire Kingsways is exgremely lousy! I had my tire fixed in that location they did not finished the wheel alignment and they were asking me to come back and book a separate appointment to get it done! Why would they do that?? That doesnt make any sense to me! I tried calling customer service, they said the manager will call me but never did... What an extremely bad service!!!

CTH8R

Richard Miller first year I didnt do all my shoping at C T spent 3k again and they didnt get a cent after ripping me of on one of there nail guns that didnt work from new and they wouldnt refund ripped off by can tire mastercard they never resolved it

CTH8R

Car parts? Oh-oh!

Jordi Linda Just had the worst customer service EVER at the Belleville, ON location. I was a fan of Canadian Tire, but now I will take my business ANYWHERE else when I need car parts. Most annoying thing about the whole experience, too, was after being treated like crap, I try to put a complaint in at Customer Service, who then provided me with the Customer Relations number. Guess what that number is when I call it? Hansler Pallet Products. Merry Christmas, to you, too, CT. Glad to see customers mean nothing to you.

Jordi Linda Oh, and do you think my email about how I was treated will ever be responded to? Most likely not---so thought at least my comment would be read by a few on Facebook. Take your business elsewhere. You will be treated much better, and probably be served by someone who actually knows something about vehicles.

CTH8R

You wouldn't know it by Crappy's canned, copy&paste responses to complaints, but the outrage at the unwanted posting to people's facebook pages continues unabated.

Suzanne summarizes the general sentiment nicely:

Suzanne Villeneuve hey Blair, why are you encouraging sponsored ads for Cdn Tire? Don't encourage free advertising! Don't "LIKE" corporations and businesses who then have access to your FB friends and drown us in unwanted advertisements. It diminishes FB as a social network which was -- and still is, I would hope -- meant to encourage the exchange of news and opinions. Thanks for your consideration.

CTH8R

Crappy Balance Protection on their Crappy Card:

Robert Carriere dont buy their card insurance to cover min. payments should you be sick or laid off. they dont pay claims and their insurance co. is based out of Miami Florida ...

CTH8R

Yet another ordinary consumer who's been taught by CT to hate them:

Ewart Aitken If there was a hate button I'd hit that. Thumbs down. Pay for parking (Cambie) then try to find a sales person...that speaks English then check yourself out? Whatever happened to customer service!

CTH8R

My Spidey Sense is tingling ... Yes, I do believe I'm picking up .... hatred ...

Bruce Chapman dont order any thing at canadain tire at tec rd west they are ass holes

Bruce Chapman they gived my wife nothing but a pain in her ass

Last edited:

CTH8R

Interesting policy at this store - seems they don't even like their own customers!

David Rudyk Just stay away from the Whalley store. ? It is mandatory to leave bags at front counter - because everyone is a potential shoplifter. However, when you leave, they will randomly give you back whichever and wwhatever bag. But perhaps you may get lucky? (Cheaper than a lottery ticket)

CTH8R

A good summary:

Nektario Kalaitzakis This store is only good for small items, and tools on special. Period. Have you ever tried returning an item..OMG.."Sir you opened the box"..OK,.do I need to go on.. ...ok I will. "Yes I did..and its broken and it doesn't work.."..staff. 'Yes but its open now..."...reply.." Are you kidding me..the big red and white sign on the wall over your head says..to return all packaging with receipts and I did.. it doesn't say..UNOPENED packaging....How the hell am I suppose to use it if I don't open it.."..reply, "I ll get the manager.." UNREAL. their cash set up is the slowest anywhere..their return counter is just a disaster.. I don't mind returning things at any place but here.."They have to make like 5 copies. run to three different cash computers, run back., staple this, sign that, staple this and that get back again, run to you to sign this, geeeeeeeezz..Can't they just ask Reno Depot how they do it...And the garage service.. I wouldn't even use the air for my tires from that place.. This is like a school for bad mechanics.. A friend of mine was doing oil changes here and they kept over filling teh oil on his Subaru..they killed the motor..He had to pay half to get it replaced..They didn't even take responsibilty..and this is just OIL CHANGES..

CTH8R

Sean MacCallum whats hilarious is how many times they keep spitting out the customer service complaint message..i bet they have someone hired just to sit there and post that email. SHAME ON YOU canadian tire..for having such HORRIBLE service.

CTH8R

Cathy Shadbolt While standing in a checkout line-up at Canadian Tire in Belleville On last night, a STAFF MEMBER, Nicole, cut in front of me. When I challenged her the response was " I was lined up on the other side" (apparently staff can line up ahead of the customer being served). Disappointing customer service incident.

Zachary Rothman I will never shop at your store

CTH8R

Sarah Wheaton You suck and I'm very disappointed that you will not return my comments on your customer service email... I was once a faithful customer but ... No more!

Sarah Wheaton Also, don't bother writing to that email guys, you won't get a response. Seriously. Just a waste of your time. If I ever treated one of them the way a couple of their auto service employees treated me.. at my work... I would not have a job!!!!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Jane Cumby I have nothing good to say about Canadian Tire.I ordered 2 prepaid items about 6 weeks ago for Christmas gifts.When i was talking to the manager a couple of days ago he said that they had a whole bunch come in but they were all sold.That sure pissed me of because now i won't get them for Christmas i'm one unhappy costumer.

CTH8R

Even today, amdist the repectitive Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V of "strong customer service is important", we still see a common theme emerge:

Darryl Minsky Cdn tire sux.

Garrett Kearney Canadian tire sucks

CTH8R

Carol Noel-Lussier Canadian Tire catalogue fall/winter. page 88 offers a free belt check tool. We went to our local store in Brandon MB and we were sent from one service counter to automotive counter, showed the staff the item and no one knew anything about it! Surprise !!! What does it take to let you know you have let your customers down again, we are so turned off we walked out without shopping., Please forward this comment to Allan MacDonald senior vice president Automotive

CTH8R

Gerry sure doesn't like CT. And he oughtta know - he worked there 23 years! On the TV ad thread:

Gerry Muggridge ctc stands true too form, people friendly.except in there store's.

Gerry Muggridge you better get some extra people ready to handle these comments. if you intend to make some changes.but it will probable be only lip service. if you need help. contact me.

Gerry Muggridge i thing this is a start. i not contact you. you contact me. that's what i got from working at ctc for 23yrs. along with the Newfy touch.

CTH8R

Ralph Patrick McGreevy Not too happy with Canadian Tire. Bought a nice looking pair of hunting boots, rubber lower part with insulated fabric lace-up tops. Thought they would be good for walking in slushy/muddy weather. Unfortunately, both boots leak, even though they are brand new.

CTH8R

Diarmuid Byrne Canadian tire used to be s good quality store but alas thats gone for good, pity, i liked shopping there.
Merry Christmas Everyone. and Very Happy New Year 2013

P.S. Keep your friends close and your enemy far, far away.