1wildhorse

the funnier part to that is when i got the wheelbarrow home it had been assembled so badly the effin thing was all wobbly and i had to more or less do the job myself anyway.hilarious!

CTH8R

This store clearly sucks at paint .... And especially at Customer Service:

Scott Prescott Greetings,
My name is Scott Miltenburg, Owner of Prescott Refinishing. We remodel, renovate, and restore high end homes in Winnipeg. I've recently ran into a problem that we had with one of your stores (McGillvary and Kenaston). This whole problem started 2 weeks ago when we purchased 5 gallons of your premiere paint, my client chose "Antique White RM" from the CIL bright white ideas brochure that you supply at your store. They loved the color so much that they chose to use this color on a huge wall 20'x16' I had one gallon left so I painted as much as I could with that one gallon and we proceeded to go back to your store to purchase another 5 gallons. We gave them the exact color but instead of giving us 5 gallons of "Antique White RM" in a white base, they gave us "Antique White" in an accent base. I was instructed by the man in the paint department that it would not make a difference. I could not use this color at all for this wall because it was not even close to the color that we chose in the first place not to mention that the base that they used was not the correct base (It should have been in a white base not an accent base) so I did what any other professional person would do. I contacted management, I explained what happened, and I was instructed to return the paint for the product that I ordered. The exchange was done but I have already lost nearly half a day with this situation. So we returned to the customer service counter and explained that it was not our fault in any way and they tried to perceive that it was, so we got our paint that we originally wanted and went home....Which brings me to the situation that happened today, I walked into your store at (McGillvary and Kenaston) proceeded to the plumbing section and asked the manager if we could put a faucet on hold till tomorrow, because your sale does not start until then, which I thought was a reasonable request. I was confronted by a deranged manager that would not serve us due to and I quote "Our rude behavior" this was not the case. I asked her where she got this information from and she told us that her paint department told her that we were rude in exchanging the paint, I asked her to pull up the security camera footage so we could prove to her that we were in no shape or form rude to her staff. She refused to do so and told us that it was confidential. Her name was Vicki. So I asked to speak to a manager that was higher up and that got her more enraged, she proceeded to the back of the store for 10 minutes and out came this floor manager Laurence who was apparently the only one we could talk to, he was a young guy and I watched Vicki talk to him for 5 minutes before he spoke to us. In a very arrogant voice he explained to us about the paint situation and we figured that these employees were disciplined for wasting $180 worth of product and that this was going to be the repercussion of us returning the paint. He would not answer any of our questions, told us we had to leave the store or he would "Make us leave myself" was his exact words. He asked for our business name, we told him that was confidential much like showing us the security camera footage of us apparently being rude. I asked him why he wanted our business name and I quote "So I can inform the other Canadian Tires of you guys". We asked to speak to him privately but he chose to I guess make an example and raise his voice in front of your customers and his staff. I felt absolutely publicly humiliated, he proceeded to tell us that we were a fraudulent company...in front of your customers because we apparently created 5 gallons of mis-tints, I wasn't even able to use the paint that we took back in the first place. I was told by him to "sue us". I have calculated all of my receipts from last year and through your company we've spent almost $29,000 at your stores ($28,671.38 to be exact). I am absolutely outraged and I will never contribute another cent to your company until this has be rectified and these employees have been properly disciplined. This one store has ruined my view on Canadian Tire as a whole and I will tell my future clients that we will not use any of your products because of this situation. I own multiple "Mastercraft" tools but I've since despised the name since I was treated not only wrongly but was publicly humiliated in front of your customers. Your managers could have treated this situation in a professional manner but they chose not to. Where do I go from here? Will this message be passed down to head management? How will these employees be disciplined?. I'd like it very much if you can reply, Its very sad that 3 employees change my view on this whole corporation. I really enjoyed shopping at your stores until today.

Sincerely,
Scott Miltenburg
(Prescott Remodeling and Refinishing)

CTH8R

'Nother tale of woe and warning, but at least she was offered store credit (but no refund):

Marilyn Boucher-Lees I bought a blender from Canadian Tire in Abbotsford on Jan 28th. Took it back today as the jug would not sit properly in the base. When asked....I explained the problem. Shocked to hear....Sorry,because you opened the package and you say the product is broken...you get an in store credit only or send it back to the maunfacturer. I said ....no....I want my money and asked for the Manager of the store. A young girl came up to me with a very rude manner and asked what she could do for me. I told her and she said. Store credit only as we can not resale this. You can't resell it anyway....it is defective. Then send it back to the maunfacturer she replied referring to the back of the bill and written in small writing.....the policy. Well canadian tire.... you need to learn what customer service is cause Abbotsford sure does not have it!!!!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Canadian Tire once again spammed innocent Canadian Facebook users, this time to get them to start buying bicycles ... in friggin' February!

Instead of a buying frenzy, CT inspired a serious Social Media back-lash, with hundreds of complaints about their crappy bicycles.

Instead of clogging up this thread, they were posted over here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...rn-once-assembled-wont-stand-behind-them.html

You've been warned ... by your fellow Canadian consumers.

CTH8R

Jeff doesn't seem to hate Canadian Tire. He seems to be more disappointed than anything, and is offering suggestions.

My guess? CT will think that all is well with their current course, because they are making money. This is a common response when someone chooses to 'kill the goose that lay the golden egg', for a short-term gain.

Here are Jeff's insights:

Jeff Bee So, someone at Canadian Tire IS reading these comments, eh?! I suggest that you sit down in a great big corporate office, hold a meeting with all the big-wigs and sort through these. Understanding and acknowledging the fact that Canadians don't identify with Canadian Tire any longer should be a wake up call to the corporation. Changing your name to China Tire would def be a step in the right direction. The name CHINA is synonymous with lousy quality so lousy service would go along with it no problem. Looking through these comments what do you see? Lousy returns, incompetent staff at the AUTO PARTS counter (where it REALLY matters), warranty issues, overall lousy customer service and inferior products being sold nowadays. Tsk Tsk

Last edited:

CTH8R

Sounds like Pat isn't all that enamoured with good ol' Canadian Tire.

Maybe it's time to add a thread on how much CT sucks at auto parts?

Pat Frost LIKE Canadian Tire? I cannot stand Canadian Tire.I ordered two new tires and they told me three days as they had to order them in.......it has been three months and I have never heard back from them.I went elsewhere and had my tires and installed in less than two days.This also happened to a friend of mine when he ordered a part and he received a call from The Canadian Tire almost exacltly a year later saying his part was in.Needless to say he told them he no longer needed the part,but not so politely.Canadian Tire you fail at customer service.At least in my area.

CTH8R

Not sure specifically what went wrong for this guy ...

Ronald Read not happy with customer service main office dont honour repair warranties

CTH8R

Sue Payment hey Canadian Tire - my husband bought me two pairs of your Mike Holmes work gloves that are suppose to have thinsulate. They are the coldest gloves I have ever had. Within 2 minutes of shovelling snow today, I had to come in and get the cheap ones I got at the dollar store. I should get my money back for this but I don't have my receipt. Mike Holmes needs to be informed, it is his name on the work gloves.

CTH8R

FB post, in response to CT's spam on plumbing repairs:

Johan Fehr Go to Canadian tire for lessons on how to cossthread wheel nuts

CTH8R

Update from Lin Cripps:

Lin Cripps Almost 3 months now and Can Tire, Unicity, Winnipeg has still not dealt with my complaint, just how long should it take to pick up the phone and make that call????

CTH8R

Stores seem to constantly be on the look-out for new ways to suck:

Allen Eng Canadian Tire Store in Nanaimo is not honouring the Candaian Tire Money. My wife today came into the store to put some Canadian Tire money onto a giftcard to be given to kidney patients that could use some help (she runs a blog "dollars for life"on facebook and the store refuse to do so without giving a reason. As a long time customer, when my wife complain that it was for a good cause, it felt on deaf ears. However if she uses the money for merchandise, they will accept it. We find this somewhat strange when another store in Duncan says no problem

Allen Eng Dollars for Life is her way of giving back to the community for the Kidney Foundation to provide assistance to families who have a family member on dialysis to help them with daily expenses. According to the Foundation almost 70% of kidney patients are at or below the poverty line. Instead of being good corporate citizens, they refuse to honour their own money when it is redeemed.

CTH8R

Kudos to Brad for letting his fellow Canadians know that Head Office in Toronto might pay back consumers for improper repairs!

Brad Schamber Canadian Tire on the south side of Edmonton 3830 Calgary trail has rip off mechanics - after an inspection and replace the brake pads-rotors and drums $1100 - my caliper seized up on front tire the next day - and they wouldn't pay to replace calipers- but did get customer service in Toronto to pay for it -lost a day's pay

Last edited:

CTH8R

But we might never learn what befell poor Stacey - her comment was 'mysteriously' deleted - only by error, I'm sure, LOL! All that's left is CT's own, orphaned copy-and-paste message:

Canadian Tire Stacey McDiarmid, please reach out to us with your contact name and info at customerservice@canadiantire.com regarding this issue. We will be in touch.

CTH8R

CT spammed Canadians with the question, "What's the best part of watching the Olympics?"

Here is my favourite answer:

Lorne MacDonald Not being in one of your crappy rip off stores!

CTH8R

Another spam back-fire, this time on batteries and chargers:

Eddie B we have you covered?If so why did i have to bring my car somewhere else after you guys claimed it was fixed?IF you had me covered why after i was promised a refund did I never see any money?If you had me covered i would have got a phone call or email like this facebook page promised.Its all talk they will take your money then tell you its your problem.Good luck if you buy anything from them.

Rolly Barker They need to hire mechanics not technicians, I get lucky when I buy stuff here, but I will never let them work on my vehicle s again

CTH8R

More on battery back-fire:

Andrew James Booster packs suck from CT I bought one and it won't hold a charge and when its full it won't boost my vehicle either. When I sent an email to customer service at head office they just brushed me off like it was something I was doing wrong.

CTH8R

John Boczek I would just like to say that I find it so disappointing when you drive half an hour to the closest Canadian tire only to find that they decided to close the store 10. Minutes early. Thank your for wasting my time gas, and ruining the rest of my work day!

CTH8R

Auto service:

Tanya Zigomanis Koroneos Please do not go to Canadian Tire in Vaughan - they just broke a part on my husband's vehicle that was in for service. An aesthetic part on the inside of the car that is costly and had nothing to do with the tires being changed and serviced. We are voicing our complaints however they have denied responsibility. Their story does not add up. We are very upset with this situation.