CT Challenger

Interesting development on the Facebook "Likes".

Things are slowing down a LOT, and now it looks like they won't make it to 900,000 until the end of the year. Oops!

Things are also slowing down at the Walmart Canada page, but not nearly so much. They will surpass Crappy Tire in Likes early in the new year.

Which is surprising, since Walmart Canada hasn't been at it as long, and doesn't have those same campaigns of "Like us. Please, please Like us. We'll give you a coupon!"

Or, maybe NOT so surprising, given all the complaints we've been reading about ...

CTH8R

... And allegedly anyone who dares to point out the many flaws in Crappy Tire's abysmal Customer Service is automatically "crazy" in their estimation.

But could the REAL problem be the insane number of compaints and out-right boycott?

And those complaints don't stem from fumblers or errors: they are the result of innocent customers discovering the decisions the Crappy People have deliberately made:

- poor quality products.
- a "satisfaction NOT guaranteed" policy.
- the dreaded "repair only" policy on many, many products.
- ignore customer complaints.
- attack and insult those who dare to complain, or point out the truth.

And what we see here is just the number being posted lately in the Internet - the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

The statistics regarding the number of complaints at each stage of escalation are well-documented.

Shouldn't the Crappy people be eager to seize upon every dissatisfied customer, at the earliest opportunity?

Shouldn't they be worried about all the surveys that show them at the bottom of the Customer Service rankings?

About about all the reports of rip-offs at their Auto (Dis)Serive Centers?

Nope - they just want to 'shoot the messenger' and blame the victim.

And, gee, some people came into their lame-assed store today - so everything must be A-Ok, right?

LMAO!

Last edited:

CTH8R

CT asks for more donation ... for which they will claim he tax credit, of course ..

Ern E.: More Hey CT why don't you donate? Why is it always us to spend money in your store and then have to donate to causes? If I make $50,000 and you want more of it, how much do you make a year in profits? You donate and we will say thank you. Admin has lots of time on their hands why don't you donate?

1wildhorse

Well of course I don't like to see complaints about any store in the Canadian Tire chain, posted anywhere. It would be silly and ridiculous to think otherwise. However there's a few important factors to consider.

1- you were referring to how many views this site has, and boasting about it's success. That's what I was responding to. I was suggesting that the number of views on this site which you claim are Canadians listening to you, is not accurate. IF they were listening and agreeing, they'd likely participate and join in.

2- You have a small glimpse into what goes on. For many years I have been seeing it every day of the week, in multiple different stores. That includes not just the complaints, but all of the times customers tell us how great we are, how much they like shopping at CT, how much money they spend EVERY day.... that's the best indicator of how satisfied or dissatisfied customers are.

3- You have super limited scope. You see one complaint and jump on the bandwagon as if everyone complained. You see two hundred boycotts, and magically turn it into hundreds of thousands or millions of customers that are boycotting. YOu have zero, I mean zero concept of what's going on. Just your own little world

If as you say the negative feedback was such a deluge, onslaught, tsunami and outpouring, we'd be toast. We'd have been out of business many many many years ago. We aren't.

Get a grip, you're crazy. Totally completely without fail.....crazy.

yes i think youre missing the point.you are right in that this site has somewhat limited viewings.however i believe that what h8r and challenger do is to document the numerous complaints and problems on YOUR FACEBOOK page.also i would be curious as to your views on the thread about the repair only warranty thread,i notice you havent answered the challenge there as to the legality of your policy....

CT Challenger

The Moaner wrote:

"Well of course I don't like to see complaints about any store in the Canadian Tire chain, posted anywhere. "

What they don't make clear, is WHY they "don't like to see complaints".

Could be a lot of things.

It could be that customer complaints take effort to fix, and The Moaner isn't looking forward to that. In that case, they are simply proclaiming their laziness.

It could be that they simply want to hear only glowing reviews, so that their ego isn't damaged. So, they are simply proclaiming their false pride.

Or maybe they know that negative reviews will eventually hit them in their pocket-book. In that case, they are simply proclaiming their greed.

But we've see how the Crappy People react, on their Facebook page, and on this forum.

- Delete the negative posts.
- Attack and blame the victim.
- Try to convince customers that these complaints are without merit.
- Deny that all these complaints indicte a problem with their crappy company.

But the one thing that hardly ever happens, is that a Crappy Person gets off their butt, and tries to fix things.

Because, they have their stores set up as a rip-off machine, to extract the maximum amount of money from their victims.

And if the word gets out (about terrible policies, low-quality products, and rip-off auto service), then the naive customer base they need will disappear.

Make no mistake: the only reason they don't like these forums, and the people who support it, is because it tells the truth about their horrible practices.

And an educated consumer is their worst enemy.

CT Challenger

Canadian Tire sucks at .... gardening equipment:

Peak E.: yardworks is the ultimate low standard of any type of tool and should be dismantled, the customer service is a joke and Canadian Tire uses this brand to dodge the unlimited amount of customer complaints they get regarding Yardworks products

CTH8R

Shoana M.Z.: have been having a few problems with your store by Grandview hwy in Vancouver.. Monday july 1st went in got 2 cooling towels it was a hot day so I wanted my towel cold my husband went in the store with the receipt to wet the towel in the bathroom he was walking out the door woman stopped him and said can I see your receipt he handed it to her and said this isn't on here you have to leave it so he came back to the car I was mad and I went in it was the 3rd item on my receipt she didn't even look at it and when I pointed it out no apology.. today I went in to buy a 6 pack of bottle pop as im out of town I opened the pop it was flat I looked at the date it expired jan 14 2013.. im going to have to start shopping at lordco for my car needs

CTH8R

CT sucks at ......

Steve B.: the outdoor stuff I've bought @ CT is missing hardware and Canadian Tire won't do anything to help. Can't return as on seasonal items can't get my money back only store credit. No more shopping at Canadian Tire. Customer Service no help ether. Keeps exchanging emails and apologizing. Big joke.

CTH8R

New name on an old arena, huh?

Michael G.: What a joke. Hopefully the service at the arena will be better than at their stores. Poorly managed. Won't be long before there's a new name on the arena

CTH8R

David E.: CT has horrible customer service, just a bunch of bored teenagers avoiding doing anything to help.

CTH8R

The fiasco regarding the "free tow offer" back-fired in a big way. That's not just my opinion - there were a number of comments by our fellow Canadians on that very topic, posted right on Crappy Tire's own 'fan page', LMAO!

Here's a sample:

Patty B.: I think that this is a really nice thing that Canadian Tire is offering. "maybe" they don't have the best mechanics and your service has not been up to par. Hmmmm I also have a "sketchy" pattern on my car servicing, BUT....this is a very nice gesture. I would hope that people will not feel "forced into" getting their car repairs done at the Canadian Tire store to where it is towed to. And I would also hope that, if they do decide to have the repairs done there, that Canadian Tire will put its best foot forward to have those repairs done in a responsible and economical manner for the people involved (hint hint). From what I have read below, you need to turn this around BIG TIME Canadian Tire

Ryan R.: Good job on the ad Canadian Tire. I can see it really worked out well for you.

James F.: I like the copy paste apology CT! Lol!!

Chris H.: it sure seems as if Canadian Tire could learn something about auto repair customer service from all of the posts here

Lynne T.: wow, sooooo many negative comments! I hope Canadian Tire can redeem themselves

Priscilla M. S.: Holy heck, I've never used them before because I always figured they were over priced but seeing all these negative comments :( hopefully u get back to some of these people CT so the can post some positive feedback that you at least TRIED to make it right :/

Dave K.: Thanks but no thanks. the auto service side should be disbanded.
Cut your losses and preserve what reputation is left.
Perhaps it's time that can tire does some major house cleaning.
I do thank you for the outstanding effort and entertaining read this weekend.

Darren B.: This poor Canadian tire Facebook person is working harder than any Canadian Tire employee I've ever seen. I sure have enjoyed the laughs.

Joe M.: While it seemed like a good plan at the time and nice gesture/promotional event, the Corporate folks at Canadian Tire are likely very sorry about offering this service now given the overwhelming negative feedback from numerous clients. I have no problems buying things from the CTC retail Stores however ...years ago, I too learned my own lesson about having my car repaired at a CTC auto centre. I haven't had my car repaired there again since and given the amount of horror stories already shared here, I really don't feel the need to share mine. If anything good comes from this offer from our friends at CTC, I sure hope a very strong message from all this makes it's way to President Stephen Wetmore and his team so that the necessary fixes begin. HONESTY, and RESPECT shown to every customer, and managers and mechanics who never take advantage of customers are what is needed if Canadian Tire cares to remain in the car repair business I think. Truthfully, I enjoy shopping at Canadian Tire stores and really hope they are able to fix the huge and very obvious shortcomings in the Auto Service area of each independent franchise.

Carolyn H.: the replies below are shocking !

Lyle S.: This is just great P.R. for them, isn't it? Hahaha!

Erica R.: No thanks Canadian Tire...we will no longer do business with you and we warn others as well! Time to listen to what everyone is saying on here and ensure that your mechanics are well trained and actually care about the customer.

Parish L.: WOW...... Canadian Tire this is BAD, not one happy customer, sounds like your blood suckers.

Lee S.: Love the way this has backfired with story after story of why NOT to have your car towed to CT!

Bobbie-Joanne A.: Hmmmmm Canadian Tire...Meee thinks you have a lot of problems here..This is sad to hear all this negative feedback from customers..*smh* Can anyone tell me if their matter was handled when Canadian Tire asked y'all to contact their email that they provided? Just curious is all...This isn't the first list of posts from ppl saying crappy stuff about them that i have seen.

Nicholas F.: wow youre customer service is probably busier than all youre shops put together lol if i had that many complaints and complete screwups in my company i would work on a few things. youre a disgrace to the trade, i fix youre mistakes and neglect to vehicles daily.

Jon D.: Epic fail

CTH8R

When Crappy Tire spammed Canadians about the 'free' tow offer, many Canadians also posted general complaints about the crappy stores.

For instance:

Amanda C.: I just waited for 6 hours with guaranteed delivery of a product for them to never show up. And wasted an entire beautiful +28•c day. I very much dislike Canadian tire right now

Amanda C.: I have attempted to contact the store directly and although it says you can leave a general message, it disconnects you before you have a chance. I should have known with the shoddy service in store. I am mostly disappointed because this has ruined a surprise for a loved one. The fact that I called 3 times to ensure delivery and was told "it's on the truck and on the way" was a bold faced lie! Usually I am not so passionate about poor customer service, but this is so disappointing! A sincere waste of $600

Tim O.: The last two times I was in the store the cashiers were talking amongst themselves as they were helping the people who wanted to pay. No conversation other than to tell the customer what to pay.
The other thing that got me is that on every occasion that I have visited my local Canadian Tire store and gone to pay I have to ask the cashier to repeat the total to me numerous times because I cant understand a thing they are saying.
This is due to there very poor use of the english language. I do not want to come across as racist/discriminating, but why on EARTH do you put people who clearly can not speak english fluently in a position where there job REQUIRES them to speak it?
I would also assume, from the conversation I overhead on a couple of occasions, that you do not pay these people well. Which makes perfect sense because you can pay them less because they know less.
Tommy, if you would like to share your story with my viewer base I would welcome it. I'm quite tired of these large box stores hiring people who are the bare minimum requirement to work the job, have no product knowledge and offer poor customer service.
I can insure that there will be a significant drop in local sales out my way from it as I have a local base of over 100,000 people that look to me for opinions and experience through my media outlets.

Robyn D.: canadian tire left me stranded in their parking with paint spilled from a tipped cart all over my purse, car keys, wallet, and wouldn't offer me even a wet rag. I was 1.5 hrs away from my home.

Robyn D.: I did but was never replied to.

Tommy E.: I want to start off by saying I have not been in a Canadian Tire store for at least 7 years Kent and Home Hardware have always done the trick, And after i tell you what happened i am sure you will understand why i will never enter one of your stores again!
Yesterday the 28th of June at 6:00pm i entered your Woodstock,NB store with my brother as we came here on vacation to look for a few things, we found what we were looking for and proceeded to the cash just as i received a phone call on my cell phone (I do have a vulgar tattoo, that i got done when i was “young and dumb” never the less it is on MY body) i answered my phone while i was talking i noticed the cashier scowling at me (tattoo) pointing and telling her customers to look at my tattoo as well, i could tell they were having a great conversation as they kept looking back shaking there heads etc! I was SHOCKED! and realized right there on the spot i was being discriminated against (awesome job) we proceeded through our cash, And as we were ready to leave I pulled a quarter out of my pocket walked over to the discriminating cashier SLAMMED it on her counter and told her (THERE YOU GO, BUY YOURSELF SOME MANNERS)
I don’t know what to think but to tell you one thing for DAMN sure my family WILL NOT enter another Canadian Tire store as long as we live! i am contemplating contacting the local paper as well, And the media as this should not go UNNOTICED great way to make a customer fell like a COMPLETE PILE OF POO. I will await your response and then make my decision.

CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at ... Lawn Mowers, which Crappy Tire decided to pay Facebook to spam Canadians about.

(Couldn't help but notice: CT failed to mention that most of their lawn mowers are all "non-returnable", i.e. they are listed as "Repair Only". I guess they haven't read the thread called "repair Only Warranties - No Refund, No Exchange".)

Giuseppina R.: Dear Shane,you are very right,my husband just returned back from Canadian tire on Crossroads place,after a very miserable weekend spent going up and down whith them ,and again all we get is (we are sorry for the inconvenient) my advice?Go shop elsewere you will get the same ptoduct everywere,maybe no headache or less stress.(and a big warning from personal miserable experience) do not shop at Canadian tire on weekends,because if there is a screwup ,there is nobody there that can help you until monday beside the cashiers that can not do anyting but take your money.(supervisor or managers or office peoples)

Penny H.: Dear Canadian Tire, This weekend my partner and I went camping for the first time together. We purchased an air mattress at your Weber St. store in Waterloo, ON. After setting up our tent and getting our fire going on Friday night we went to blow up our mattress only to discover you had sold it to us without a cap to seal it. Luckily we were only 25 minutes from home, so we spent our first night of camping in our own bed - at a loss of the $40 it cost to have the site for one night. Saturday morning I went back to the store and exchanged the mattress for a new one - and checked to ensure it had a cap. Back to the campsite for night 2! After a lovely afternoon and evening with a campfire we headed to bed to discover our 2nd new mattress was flat as a pancake - you had sold us a mattress with a hole in it. So, Saturday night,after midnight, in the rain, we packed up our campsite and headed home to sleep in our own bed - AGAIN - at another loss of $40 - we were now out $80 and never did get to experience sleeping in the great outdoors. So - I have tested the mattresses that you sell and they sucked and they cost me money and a weekend away.

Joel J.K.J.: Bought ours brand new from Canadian tire last July.. It won't start and we brought it to the store nearest to us for repairs and they REFUSED stating we have to bring it to the store we purchased it at! I so mad and do not have time to be driving across the city for a law mower repair! I even called ahead of time to explain our situation and they said it was fine, brought them the mower and they turned me away :(

Ed N.: I purchased a barbecue from Canadian tire about 10 yrs ago. did not have all the parts. the barbecue was almost all together. went back to the store for the parts and the manager accused me of lying and that all I wanted was extra parts. he did not give me the parts so purchased them elsewhere for I believe was less then $5. great customer service lost them a customer for $5. all they want is the sale.

Jake B.: Ya I got a jiffy ice auger last winter, broke the second time out, customer service was extremly bad, had to get ahold of jiffy myself and try to get replacement parts. Asked to speak to manager and it was like talking to a brick wall

Matthew P.: If Canadian Tire started selling decent products, I may agree with this ad! Lose the Jobmate garbage! Your overall quality has drastically reduced in the last 10 years!

Matt L.: Canadian tire claims that customer service is their priority, problem is you actually have to follow through with that. Pricing is always terrible, products are crappy, and just try to find a salesperson in the store that actually knows anything. I stopped shopping there after the fourth overpriced piece of garbage broke right out of the box....in my honest opinion it'd be just fine by me if Canadian tire went right out of business, and soon.

Ben S.: Only if I could keep the mower I bought a year ago running cheap products , going to be buying one from lowes heard great things about them !

Danny C.: Bought a new lawn mower. And a Weed cuter. Gas one on a Monday. 5. Hours drive. From. Corner brook. Canadian tire store. Tried. To start. Them. On Tuesday morning. Neither one of them would not work. Wednesday morning. Had to drive another. 5hours. In 5. Hours out. Gives me. $20. Gift card. Real nice. Great service

Chris H.: Have a Yardworks mower from Canadian Tire. Cant keep the wheels straight in their mounts. Very cheap soft metal wheel mounts. Have to straighten them out every time I mow.

CTH8R

Shane K.: look through this page and the complaints, everyone gets the same damn reply (copy and paste perhaps?). Clearly Canadian Tire doesn't care about pleasing their customers! Take your business elsewhere, I certainly am!

Mike G.: "Strong customer service" I bet you go home wishing you had another job or the message is computer generated

CTH8R

Wanna be a tester of CT's Crappy Products?

Patrick A.L.: I used to shop at Canadian Tire weekly when I lives in Sudbury, Ontario. Bought something every time, too. The McNamaras had the best store.
Then I moved to Alberta. The South Red Deer location was the first retail store I visited. I went into the garden center to buy plant food and when I approached a store associate I got my mouth.open but never.had a chance to speak. She held her hand.up and said; "If it's brown, water it. That's all I know." She had a nice laugh at my expense.with.her.fellow acssociates. I never did find what I was after.
Then two years ago I was working in Ft St John, BC. I needed some plumbing supplies. I spent 45 minutes trying to find an associate to help. Everyone was "undercover" that day. Wearing their.uniform shirts under billy sweaters, no name tags. All I heard was; "That's not my department." When I finally did find someone, I am not certain he knew where he was.
You do not need testers. You need;
1. Knowledgeable associates
2. Dedication to customer service and support
3. When a person emails with concerns and asks to be contacted, contact him!
4. When a person reads on his receipt to answer a survey, then the survey asks if he wants to be contacted, again, contact him!
5. Try to be "Canada's Hardware Store" like you used to be, not Canada's Dollar Store. We can get junk anywhere.
6. Make it your policy to approach customers to see if they need help. Not to take off in another direction, or pretend they are not there.
7. Supervise your employees! They need direction!
I really wish you operated like you did a dozen years ago. I'd gladly shop Canadian twice a week again instead of once every two years.
Test your stuff? No thanks.

CTH8R

Parminder D.: I bought car front mat From Canadian tires ,they were hanging with scan tag but missing printed cardboard , I came outside parking lot , thought get black color , went back , they did not return them they printed cardboard is missing . I told them , they hanging like that , they said no . Then I throw those Matt on Flore and keep them free . They kept them without returning money . This is their customer service .

CTH8R

Oscar M.: You should try contacting under cover boss and c for yourself what's the problem with Canadian Tire! It's not by trying the products that you will have more customers. U should have qualified employees in different departments that are easy to find when a customer needs help. That's y I don't shop there as often. Maybe evaluate your store managers?

Tilo F.: I echo the undercover boss sentiments and check into Vernon, BC the managers there constantly look grumpy and treat you like garbage. Way to represent your company well. This has happened for the last 4 years. When you return something that did not fit the next day because the store closed 2 hours early on a Sunday due to a staff party don't treat him like a criminal pity our family and friends used to sink thousands there not anymore

Last edited:

CTH8R

Cheryl G.C.: I do not have a specific occasion to speak about but after many experiences shopping at Canadian Tire I have learned to not expect customer Service. They build these huge stores, whether it be in a large city or small town and never have enough employees to actually serve the customers AND help us to find what we need....yes, there are products that I buy there and I am a customer, just not a satisfied one. Scale down on the size of the store if it means leaving the customer confused and frustrated when trying to get help or information about a product!!!

Mike G.: That was awesome, tell it like it is.