CTH8R

Lots and lots of Crappy Tents, described in the 'We Want Feedback (But Only if it Helps Us Sell Crap)" thread:

Matt C.: The tent in this picture is not a good tent. I've had this tent three years and last weekend I finally broke it and threw it in the dumpster because it collapsing me And to set up very complicated which should be very simple anyways I'm going to buy new tent I want to good deal on a good simple tent that will sleep four people

CTH8R

Oh-oh!

Have The Crappy People finally gotten around to Crappifying Mark's??

Leonard C.: I think they bought marks work wear house...try taking something back there...lol...almost impossible

CTH8R

This lady sure doesn't like to be spammed - especially about a Crappy Saw Horse!

Michael G.: Your product quality sucks Canadian tire and your customer service sucks even more. Everytime I get your spam on my wall, I'll keep reminding you how inferior you are to Home Depot or Costco..

CTH8R

'Nother:

François A-P.: Canadian Tire, how to overprice every items and put sales on them and make them look like they're cheap. But still more expensive than everywhere else.

CTH8R

Brad C.: i agree with brent in every way possible i dealt with Canadian tire for a wooden swing set that i paid over 500$ for and it had split wood after 2 uses and i was told by their customer service that its not their product contact the manufacture and the manufacturer replied with we do not replace stuff broken by weather or use i have yet to by anything else from there and that was 7 years ago they have the worst customer service of all the stores the wood split because a 2yr old was on it it split because it was cheap ass garbage like everything else in their store warentes are useless in Canadian tire also had an issue with a bike about 15 years ago that i bought and the damn thing fell apart after 2 weeks of use went back to store and they said sorry bike cannot be refunded or returned but we can repair at a cost like i said worst customer service i have ever received from a company

CTH8R

More responses to the Feedback Spam:

Palden S.A.: I was at the customer service with my receipt to complain about the defected product I was sold. But the supervisor held the complain very unprofessionally, the supervisor made me look like I am some kind of scammer. I was very embarrassed, thank god there was no other customer around. There was no store owner available to talk about the situation either. I later realised there is no point taking the issue to the owner. After all it's Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

A response to the Sawhorse spam:

Glen C.: looks like the damn thing was made in china for dollaramma...canadian tire is all about junk products, aftermarket garbage and made in....china mostly. Their service counters suck, their employees have very little or no knowledge of isles, compared to Walmart, canadian tire bites the dust in service, parts and their automotive department rips people off.

CTH8R

More response to the Tent Spam:

Martina S.L.: Wow is she 1st nations! Thats awesome if she is & i try to avoid Canadian Tire in Wetaskiwin as much as i can because their service sucks esp if your 1st nations!!!!!

CTH8R

Fong N.: i also have a battery recharger that i bought at Canadian Tire and at that time they would not let me return it and now i dont know where the reciept is, and i am Mad as hell !

CTH8R

Melissa M.: Canadian Tire needs a CEO to go on Undercover Boss Canada. See what's really going on in their stores and see what main complaints are from staff and customers. You can't run a company effectively if you can't work front line. Sounds like Millions of dollars being lost due to simple fixes.

CTH8R

I just LOVE the was the CT spam keeps back-firing ... And knowing that CT has to pay Facebook to get all this bad publicity! LMAO!

Guru G.: I just wanted to thank Canadian tire for having a Facebook page that shows up on my feed as a suggestion, because it's been non stop entertainment to see all the people's comments, haha! I as well have been burned by Canadian tire and thus find this funny and comforting to know that many have gone thru the same.

CTH8R

Is there an echo in this forum?

Alan Y.: I love this, seems like this attempt to advertise backfired. I'd love to see Canadian tire go bankrupt, they don't deserve to use "Canadian" in their company name.

CTH8R

Catherine S.: I purchased a Microwave that ended up to be defective. I returned the Microwave to the store in the original box with the receipt. Since the purchased was over the 3 month mark i was told I could exchange it for another Microwave which I declined. I was not given a return of money in the ways purchased it, nor a gift card. I was told because it was past the 90 day period I could purchase something of that value today. There was nothing I needed nor wanted that day. I was told it was their policy and yes I would have to keep coming back to see if there was anything I would like to exchange it for. In the meantime I would have to keep the Microwave at home or in the car until I saw an item or items that i would like to exchange it for. I was amazed at this return policy as it used to be very reasonable at one time. Needless to say I purchase products from companies that have a good and consistent return policy just in case I have a need to use it.

CTH8R

CT sucks at ... tools:

Don H.: I have been buying tools at Canadian Tire for years however have stopped doing so I. The last couple of years because of the change to obviously poor quality products. I know it is a competitive world but the quality now in something as simple as a pair of pliers is horrendous. I truly hope this is a short term trend.

CTH8R

Here's a new way to rip off customers:

Dave G.: biggest RIP OFF scaming warranty policies of any store I have ever had to deal with. if you buy a big ticket item on sale there you`ll gets screwed if it has to go back. "no sir you only paid $219.99 , and its back to reg price $399.99 so we wont exchange it, but heres your refund in the form of a gift card" After spending thousands annually there, they will NEVER get a penny frm me again. If you`re a big asshat, then apply for a job there at customer service (very loosely used term there btw) they might hire you, seems that's who work that desk.

CTH8R

Good insight on the f/b page:

Christina W. M. : My mother in law always called it canadian trash.Now I knoe why!

CTH8R

This guy captures the picture very well:

Scott M.: A very, very poor merchant who obviously feels, like Eaton's once did, that they have a right to Canadian's business. Inventories often look like a dog's breakfast and only recently has their refund policy approached the level other merchants established in the 1980's

They feel "that they have a right to Canadian's business"!

So true!

And Crappy is so wrong!

CTH8R

Stephen S.: i too have no respect for canadian tire. Tools and hunting staff isnt even old enough to hold a sledgehammer or a knife. i bought a knive from their the last time and it didnt even come with a box or the sheathe and they refuse to take it back because it has no box or sheathe. Im not even going there anymore i feel like im on a prank show. im Aprenticing to be a millwright and over my lifetime will spend thousands on tools, but when i go in and ask if you have any steel rulers with thousands of an inch indicators on them or verniers or micrometers the staff just gives me a dirty look snear no and go back to talking. took the staff half an hour to play who has the key aswell when i wanted this knife. Canadian tire will not be receiving any further business from me or any of the tradesmen i work with or are able to tell about this joke like service.

CTH8R

It's not just a few of us who think the Facebook Spam Campaign is a fiasco:

Michael L.: Interesting read; going on Social Media may have been a mistake for CTC, now it's giving all it's consumers a chance tell there stories about the various stunts ctc have done. This must be a full time fire fight to put out all these fires.