CTH8R

Jason L.: Any more $15 bags of salt? Gouging customers during an already tough time. Not good Canadian Tire.

Someone else who noticed the salt price-gouging, and responded to the Christmas Morning Spam:

Robert F.: FU CT and your price gouging on salt during the ice storm and now you change from merry Christmas lost all hope for you.

CTH8R

CT sucks at ... LGBT issues:

Diana G.: I can''the believe you sell Duck Dynast products - I am not a member of the LBGT community but find the hateful views of their patriarch offensive - I for one will not be shopping at Canadian Tire until they are gone!

More:

Shawn R.A.: His freedom of speech has not been infringed upon. He is just finding out that there are consequences to what you say. Believe it or not, the LGBT community has a right to express their views as well. If A&E doesn't want someone like that on their privately owned network, that is their right as well.

CTH8R

Someone else who noticed the salt price-gouging, and responded to the Christmas Morning Spam:

Robert F.: FU CT and your price gouging on salt during the ice storm and now you change from merry Christmas lost all hope for you.

Well, now we know how CT affords to 'give back' to communities:

John C.: community spirit as in doubling the price of salt in napanee because they have the only bags left in town. nice

CTH8R

A Merry F'in Christmas from CT!

A lot of people don't know that 'seasonal' items can have their own, unique return policies, at Crappy Tire. Specifically, the policy can be "no returns, no way, no how, not ever":

Also posted on the Boycott Thread - way to lose a customer, over a stupid toy car!

Danielle R.H.: Irronic that Canadian Tire is advertising their Christmas Spirit when yesterday I went to return an unopened Spiderman toy car as my nephew already had one. Eventhough on the top of my receipt it said returns accepted with original receipt, which it was, and on the bottom said Christmas ornaments and Christmas items can be returned up until Dec 24th after which time the sale will be final. It was Dec 23and a toy car. I was told they would not accept it for a refund or store credit as a toy is deemed to be a Christmas item. In fact anything they feel that may be something that could be a gift for Christmas they will not accept now or in the future. I asked when they would accept it thinking that perhaps due to the holidays I might have to wait a week or two. The customer service woman said, never. I said it was a birthday gift and it wasn't even Christmas yet, thats stupid and not right. I asked what happens if people get duplicate gifts, they need to be able return it. She said they will bot accept it. So I said "so if someone else gives the same gift, I can't return it and its my problem?" She said yes. I said some stuff, never cursed or anything like that. She eventually said that ONLY if their was a gift receipt and not an original receipt would they consider giving a store credit. She still didn't want to refund my money for the toy and ended up getting the customer service manager who confirmed what she said and said its a storewide policy. The manager ended up granting her permission to refund my money when it was apparent I wasn't accepting their refusal. I will NEVER shop there again. I wonder how many people are buying christmas presents there that will be refused return, exchange, or store credit.

Dorothy O.K.: Who in their right mind wouldn't feel angry after getting this type of treatment and want to vent like this after such a horrific time trying to get a refund Lorraine? She shoud NOT have had to fight for a refund ... It should have been given right away, no questions asked!!!

Judith T.: I always ask to speak to the store manager. Even with those annoying phone sales I ask to speak to whoever is in charge and take my name off the list. Good for you for complaining on a public forum, itherwise can shoppers be wary of bad store practices.

CTH8R

More from Anna:

Anna Truong "Thanks" for ignoring my letter about your 2 supervisors or managers who came into to yell and threaten me at my job. My HR has phoned that store and banned those 2. I would appreciate an apology from those 2 or whoever is in charge of that store. Langley/ Burnaby cashier mgr/spvsors. I'm just updating that even starbucks apologizes for crappy treatment of customers, I haven't had one single apology from any ct mgr who verbally assaulted me.

CTH8R

I hope he didn't give them a deposit!

Les B.: I ordered a wood stove Dec 7 from Red Deer, AB, north store. No call yet. Even called Krista(220) in ordering several times, left message and still no call or wood stove yet. Guess it will come when it warms up and don't need it anymore. Would be nice to enjoy a warm basement!

Update:

Les B.: If you can create something how about filling an order! I ordered a wood stove Dec 7 from Red Deer, AB, north store. No call yet. Even called Krista(220) in ordering several times, left message and still no call or wood stove yet. Guess it will come when it warms up and don't need it anymore. Would be nice to enjoy a warm basement!

CTH8R

Daphne M.S.: Canadian tire does..not discount its'chrstmas lights after christmas They are packed away until 2014 THe store was very empty today.,Dec 26th
This info was provided to by the cashier. Not many sales today.

CTH8R

Wow! Not much Christmas Spirit down at the Langley store:

Danielle R.H.: Whonda, That is the same store that refused to refund me my money for the spiderman car on the 23rd too. My receipt said they would accept Christmas decor and Christmas items up til December 24th but the Langley Canadian Tire doesn't go by what their own receipts say. They told me they refuse to take back anything that is Christmas or they feel may be a Christmas gift.

Whonda D.S.: They eventually took back mine I talked to a Brett but I had to take it back that day and I do not live in Langley, and the girl at the customer desk gave me a hard time about a promo card I received that day but expired on the 21st, she wanted it back and I didn't have it, I had thrown it into the garbage it had expired on the 21st and the .10 Canadian Tire money I got but had given it the Food Bank box they had. She was so pissed that she was being forced to refund me, it was shameful. If I was the owner of that store I would be ashamed.

CTH8R

Danielle R.H.: Irronic that Canadian Tire is advertising their Christmas Spirit when yesterday I went to return an unopened Spiderman toy car as my nephew already had one. Eventhough on the top of my receipt it said returns accepted with original receipt, which it was, and on the bottom said Christmas ornaments and Christmas items can be returned up until Dec 24th after which time the sale will be final. It was Dec 23and a toy car. I was told they would not accept it for a refund or store credit as a toy is deemed to be a Christmas item. In fact anything they feel that may be something that could be a gift for Christmas they will not accept now or in the future. I asked when they would accept it thinking that perhaps due to the holidays I might have to wait a week or two. The customer service woman said, never. I said it was a birthday gift and it wasn't even Christmas yet, thats stupid and not right. I asked what happens if people get duplicate gifts, they need to be able return it. She said they will bot accept it. So I said "so if someone else gives the same gift, I can't return it and its my problem?" She said yes. I said some stuff, never cursed or anything like that. She eventually said that ONLY if their was a gift receipt and not an original receipt would they consider giving a store credit. She still didn't want to refund my money for the toy and ended up getting the customer service manager who confirmed what she said and said its a storewide policy. The manager ended up granting her permission to refund my money when it was apparent I wasn't accepting their refusal. I will NEVER shop there again. I wonder how many people are buying christmas presents there that will be refused return, exchange, or store credit.

OK. This lady, Danielle?

Wrong lady to piss off.

Wrong.
Frickin'.
Lady.

Danielle R.H.: @ Lorraine, I did vent a bit but could have actually ranted about additional issues I have had but I didn't. I wanted to let other people know about the "store wide Christmas return policy" I wouldn't want other people have a difficult time returning a duplicate gift or any item if they had the original receipt. I think it's good for people to know before they buy then get a bad surprise afterwards. Also you to you comment, no - it did not make me feel better to "vent" what would make me feel better is if the store made changes to make their customers feel they are respected and treated good. Too many people working in stores and the companies themselves (not just Canadian Tire) sometimes forget that without their customers they would not have any food on their tables or and they would have to find another way to support themselves.

Danielle R.H: Another statistic to remember is that only about 1 in 10 customers that complain will let the company know of their issue. A good company will actually look at the complaint as something good, as it give them the opportunity to learn if there is a larger problem that needs to be addressed that they may not have been aware of. A company should be humble enough to listen to their customers and not just the ones that say they love them. A company can learn more from an upset customer then they can from a customer that says that they love them and have no issues. I will contact Canadian Tire and let them know of the 3 locations that I have had a bad experience with. I'll see what they have to say. One person in customer service typing back an email won't change company policies, however if the company starts to log complaints and actually takes a proactive approach to getting peoples experiences. The little "how did we do" boxes at the counter, I don't take too much effort to fill out as the store people can just not send them in. The only way to really change a company is from the top rather then bottom up.

CTH8R

Kendra D.: Went to buy a 3 drawer plastic container at South Surrey store and picked up one that had a "bonus" inside, the sale price was $9.99 according to the sign on the shelf, cashier rings it through at $19.99 and I'm told if I want the one with the "bonus" inside I have to pay $19.99, that it's not included in the sale. Manager even went as far to blame differing price on Gracious Living and told me to call them, wtf? Is Gracious Living selling it to me or CT? Does "bonus" not mean free? How disgusting that CT wants to charge it's customers for "bonus" items included with purchases. They even went so far as to get me the exact same item without the "bonus" inside and then tell me they weren't the same item. They weren't the same item because one had a "bonus" inside and the other one didn't? Doesn't make sense, very poor pricing policy, would rather shop somewhere else than let a store like CT screw me over.

CTH8R

Susie D.: Hi just to let you know that today is Friday
Dec, 20 / 13 if you spend 200.00 dollars you get 50.00 dollar promo card. We'll I had to go to 3 Canadian Tire stores first store had nothing on my list. Then went to 2 more stores to the things I want each store only had part of the things I wanted and even though I spent $295.46 before taxes I could not get promo card. I don't think this is right as it was not my fault that I could not get everything I wanted at one store. And don't forget had to drive all over to get my things I wanted for Christmas. Amherstburg, Essex, and then Windsor. Thank you for your time .Still have not got back to me.
Susan Dunn

CTH8R

Kim D.: The store in lower sackville NS (Sackville drive) SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! their staff is rude. Their management indifferent. and when you ask a rude staff member to get a manger they LAUGH at you.

Gee, perhaps Kim should contact their lame-o Customer Support morons?

Kim D.: Why? I have shopped at Canadian Tire twice in the past year. Once last Christmas when i tried to buy a toaster in your flyer and they refused to give me the flyer price. The second about a month ago when i tried to buy some Christmas bows and they refused to give me the price displayed on the rack. Last year when i complained to your customer service i was told the district manager would call me. which he did. and he pretty much told me to shove it

CTH8R

Joe M.: Your customer service at your blenheim Ontario store sucks and the owner is no better will not go there and shop again.

CTH8R

CT Sucks at Installs, as told on the "Outdoor Rink" thread:

Vladamir V.B.R.: Canadian tire was letting a skating rink happen in my house for 3 days after the 6k roof we had put on leaked like nothing I'd seen before and let this go on for three days before they helped so boo Canadian tire

CTH8R

Ice truck:

Curtis M.B.: Knowing Canadian tire it's a plastic plow for the front of your truck guaranteed to explode in a million pieces after day one.

CTH8R

Les B.: If you are done playing with ice how about filling an order(N 14561892)! I ordered a wood stove(64-2894) Dec 7 from Red Deer, AB, north store. No call yet. Stopped in and asked customer service and they just gave me a number to call 403-346-1497, Krista(220) in ordering. I called several times, left message and still no call or wood stove yet. Guess it will come when it warms up and don't need it anymore. They have 1 in stock and it is the display model, at the time they didn't want to sell it, guess if they sell it then who knows when they will get another one to display! Besides they said they would order a new one so I WANT A NEW ONE! Would be nice to enjoy a warm basement! What is customerservice@canadiantire.com of any good? I don't want to spend all day on the phone I just want what I ordered! Hint of the day never order from Canadian Tire!

CTH8R

Seems CT Sucks at credit cards, too:

Janeen J.J.M.: wow sence everyone is as pissed as me my problem with canadian tire is i have been a costomer for many years and i do have a canadian tire card that is twenty years old and with this card i was able to get cash back when i needed money but because my card is too old for the new people working there they keep telling me that i am not aloud cash back no more and that i should change my card to the new ones but why it was working fine when i am making purchase s for twenty years why should i change my card when its in good condition?????and how could the policy just change like that to not give cash back when that was one of the reasons to getting this card was to have cash back if i needed. it the new cards don't offer what mine has no cash back i thought i would be a valued customer or vip with my grandfather original card instead i was totally humiliated in the store line up and told to change my card and they cant give me money cause the manager is not there two thumbs down

CTH8R

Les B.: If you are done playing with ice how about filling an order(N 14561892)! I ordered a wood stove(64-2894) Dec 7 from Red Deer, AB, north store. No call yet. Stopped in and asked customer service and they just gave me a number to call 403-346-1497, Krista(220) in ordering. I called several times, left message and still no call or wood stove yet. Guess it will come when it warms up and don't need it anymore. They have 1 in stock and it is the display model, at the time they didn't want to sell it, guess if they sell it then who knows when they will get another one to display! Besides they said they would order a new one so I WANT A NEW ONE! Would be nice to enjoy a warm basement! What is customerservice@canadiantire.com of any good? I don't want to spend all day on the phone I just want what I ordered! Hint of the day never order from Canadian Tire!

More:

Les B.: Imagine that, I just got my statement in the mail and now I have to pay my Canadian Tire card balance before I get the stove I ordered almost a month ago. Better yet I asked for the 12 month payment but didn't get that either. I have to pay the full price of the stove in 9 days. how about filling the order(N 14561892)! I ordered a wood stove(64-2894) Dec 7 from Red Deer, AB, north store. No call yet. Stopped in and asked customer service and they just gave me a number to call 403-346-1497, Krista(220) in ordering. I called several times, left message and still no call or wood stove yet. Guess it will come when it warms up and don't need it anymore. They have 1 in stock and it is the display model, at the time they didn't want to sell it, guess if they sell it then who knows when they will get another one to display! Besides they said they would order a new one so I WANT A NEW ONE! Would be nice to enjoy a warm basement! What is customerservice@canadiantire.com of any good? I don't want to spend all day on the phone I just want what I ordered! Hint of the day never order from Canadian Tire!