CTH8R

How about that awesome "Repair Only Warranty" that's keeping costs down, for the stores?

Bert H.:I emailed CTC about my broken Charbuster BBQ four days ago. No response. Two emails and two phone messages to Charbuster Grills service centre. No response (going on a month now). Last time, I was told that someone would phone me back the next day. That was a week ago. ... Very disappointed.

CTH8R

Here's what Patricia thinks about it:

Patricia M.: all they do is say sorry and call the 1800 #..no real solutions..paying your mechanics more than 12.50 hr yet ..doubt it..so they will continue to rip customers off to feed their families and line CT's pockets..

CTH8R

After taking a time-out from the On-Line Shopping Race, Crappy is deciding to dip their toes in the water once more ...

Debbie B.: no thanks, i would just as soon walk in the store see if the item is worth the money, is in fact new and not damaged before I pay.

CTH8R

Oh, well. He's only one guy, so safe to completely ignore, right?

Joseph J.B.: i hate your customer services in new glasgow so badly i will never return again worst store i have ever been in

Joseph J.B.: too late now i had to go to amazon.ca to order it`s much more with shipping but they sell it at least

Joseph J.B.: they told i would have to go to the company to order it .even more there ,if you sell something you should provide some services i would think

Joseph J.B.: i bought your areogarden growing machine for 200 dollars last year now this year you no longer sell the parts or refills wtf is that canadian tire ? thanks for nothing

Owner 1

How about that awesome "Repair Only Warranty" that's keeping costs down, for the stores?

Hey didn't you once claim for months on end that repair warranty was illegal? That was a terrible and wrong accusation. It's deplorable you would attempt to mislead consumers in Canada. Lol

Anyways yes those policies help reduce costs.....for everyone. The store, the vendor, the manufacturer and the customers. Repairing things is the best solution 99% of the time. We understand, you're going to be without your pressure washer or lawn tractor for a few days....that's just how it is. If your world falls to pieces because you can't cut your lawn this week , get a grip. You'll survive. It's an inconvenience.

CTH8R

Bert H.: I notice that the cursory apology to me from CTC on Facebook has been deleted. So much for "We're looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible". Almost a week now and no response to my email inquiry from CTC regarding replacement parts to my Charbuster BBQ. Two weeks since McLean Outdoor Products (the distributor) promised to return my phone call the next day. My review of the product on the CTC website has also been deleted. I have tried to be nice but this is disgusting! The warranty is worthless. I'm not sure if this is even legal. Do NOT buy a Charbuster or ChefMaster electric BBQ. The warranty will not be honoured and CTC will not help.

CTH8R

Gee, maybe he should contact the CS people via email?

Bert H.: I don't think so. If you people can't even notify your own departments about your own incompetency, I''m clearly dealing with the wrong company. I don't want to "escalate" anything. I just want to buy a couple of replacement parts for my BBQ, at my expense, that I bought from CTC. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. I'm sorry but this is not acceptable in any way. I'm not trying to be difficult but.... really? I don't want to cause trouble, I just want to buy some replacement parts. FYI I am a former branch manager of a national corporation and I have to tell you that this would have been solved within hours, not weeks. Even if this is outside your control, a courtesy email OR EVEN an automated response might have been something. I'm glad you have someone posting nice things about the Canadian Olympians. Too bad no one is tending the business.

CTH8R

Michael W.: do not buy any gazeboes from canadian tire. we got one of there most exspensuve ones and the canopy riped after two months and they wont guarontee it. trenton store is the worst store in the quinte area.

CTH8R

Patricia M.: notice every complaint on here gets the same answer?? sorry call our customer service number or email..does anything get solved?? These comments are posted no doubt by just another min waged Canadian tire employee. They just wait till your tired of emailing and calling and hope you go away...

Canadian Tire: Thanks so much for reaching out to us, Patricia. We value your feedback and pride ourselves on providing strong customer service. If you need assistance or would like to further discuss any concerns, please contact us at customerservice@canadiantire.com Thank you!

Patricia M.: lol

CTH8R

Chantelle R.: why do your cards have expiry dates? is that not against the law? why are you stealing peoples money and not telling them they expire? I have already contacted customer service.

CTH8R

Leslie L.: As a Canadian Tire Options Mastercard holder, one of my family members got a promotional offer in the mail today for... get this!... a "special" interest rate of "only" 11.99% annually for balance transfers from other credit cards as a way of better managing debt. Not only is this rate good only until July 2014 (it is now March), they also expect the applicant to pay an upfront fee of 1% of the mount being transferred. All this for the privilege of being gouged to the tune of almost 12% annual interest for all of 5 months. Seriously? How stupid, gullible, and mathematically challenged does Canadian Tire think its customers and cardholders really are?

CTH8R

Katherine D. E.: Doesn't seem anyone checks the email received through your website. I've emailed twice (Canadian Tire Store + Suggestions and Feedback) since yesterday (I tripped over a raised display platform and hurt my foot/ankle) and still no reply. That doesn't seem like very good public relations. Canadian Tire: Please check your website email.

CTH8R

Joseph J.B.: i hate your customer services in new glasgow so badly i will never return again worst store i have ever been in

CTH8R

Phil S.: Canadian tire is a horrible store to shop at if its in sale probally junk if it breaks has warrenty they wont replace. There customer service sucks. Gotta like the fact that there reciepts have invisible ink they fade away after a month so there no longer legible.

Phil S.: Never thought of a photo copier but i dont own one. And the fact is the $ 40 item purchase had a one year manufatures warranty they refused to send it back for replacent only offerd me $15 in store credit take it or leave it had to used right away. They can track the purchase by your bank card cross refrencing the the card number and item number back to date of purchase and still wont give full refund cause you either you dont have a reciept or its faded out beyound being excepted.

Phil S.: If the numbers match both the item sold and cardnumber in the cross reference check then the reciept doesn't matter cuase the proof is log in the computer system and you cant fake that. By the way princess sut uses your phone number and walmart will exchange for the same product or give you a gift card.

CTH8R

Christopher G.: I wandered around CT stores for hours looking for an employee who could help me. In a few trips I'm sure I put a solid 2km on my shoes looking for help at your store. What a great way to exercise!

CTH8R

Tire testing:

Ivan D.: Hahaha don't care how their tested I fell on love with duratracks, It can be -69C out, total ice roads two wheel drive and they still grip all the way to +35 out and doin 130k down the highway 2 in NB and their nearly silent and don't wear fast

General hatred of auto repairs:

Joe B.: Mom Canadian tire sucks lol. Dont ever take your car there for anything

Sangria5

It's been rather slow in here lately. Maybe you should bring out the cast of fake consumers to help with the posts.
Don't let the record results hit you on the way out.

CTH8R

Oh-oh!

Seems the people who provide 'support' on CT's crap-tactic Facebook page, are really the same people who also do Motel 6, and maybe some other pages, too.

No wonder the 'help' is so lame and generic.

LMFAO! What a FAIL!

Motel 6 We're really sorry to hear this. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We assure you that we are taking your feedback seriously and will look into this matter. Please email us your contact information and details of your experience at customerservice@canadiantire.com so we can look into this matter and reach out to you. Thanks!

CTH8R

Shafeek A: Canadian tire please spend less money on this ridiculous marketing and spend some training your associates on customer service! They do not have a close about it! They are all interested in chatting with each other not the customers paying their wages!

CTH8R

Ian S.: I hate to say it but the customer service sucks down there. No common sense amongst the employees down there. I've found that if they run into a problem with a part.that you're ordering. Like say a battery for instance.....if they're can't find anything about it in their book then they're screwed. I always stick to the "real " parts stores now.