CTH8R

Remember that ridiculous helicopter-based tire test?

Sam W.: It seems like your company has plenty of funds to afford fancy tests like these, but you fail at standing behind your customers. Your return desk at CentrePoint mall needs to work on its customer service - instead of framing people for returning 'opened products' - by twisting the cap of a bottle of oil in front of me - audibly hearing your white shirt manager open it - they should stand behind their defective, and non-defective products. Claiming that it was open, because it leaked (yet the seal was not broken because I had no use for it, and offering a store credit despite me having a valid bill of sale, is utter BS on your part. I'm sure your shareholders (I'm talking institutional investors, would be interested in how you treat return customers). Never had a problem returning unopened or even opened items at other stores, yet your store (this location it seems - the people in front of me were having a difficult time too with your manager - has an internal policy that likely rewards those who don't accept or refund returned items.) Oh, and your customerservice@canadiantire.com came back with a canned response to #689422.

CTH8R

Gee, would it help Sam to call the CS number?

Sam W.: I did. My only recommendation to customers is to not shop at that particular location that seems to be tough on returning customers. Let your CS department 'forward it to the manager' (sure hope it doesn't end up in the shredder or deleted box!) and maybe corporate should review this case and learn from it- how to deal with a customer who is returning something with a valid bill of sale. Are they really that desperate to save $4.99+tax by issuing a store credit? In any case - this isn't worth my time - but might be worth yours.

CTH8R

François L.: It's like my MotoMaster 2 ton jack that bent and felt on the side while I was attempting to lift my Honda Odyssey...Fortunately, my tire was still there otherwise my Odyssey would be good for the scrapyard... When I went to the store, the only thing they told me is: "Sorry, this product only carries a 1 year warranty"...! I could have died if the tire wasn't on the car anymore!!!

CTH8R

John W.: I really don't know what has happened to Canadian Tire. I have sent 2 email questions through the Canadian Tire website...trying to buy a product...and I haven't received any reply. I went in to my local store on the weekend and I waited for 10 minutes for someone to come to the auto parts counter while I watched 5 guys standing around trying to flog Canadian Tire credit cards. Customer service has gone out the window. Are you seriously going to go for the up-sell before you've even taken care of my primary needs? Honestly I have had much better experiences at Walmart lately. I have always loved Canadian Tire, it's a shame I will be avoiding it from now on.

CTH8R

Elizabeth S.: John W., I had a similar experience the other day. All these people flogging credit cards, and likely only one or two staff members in the whole store. Impossible to get help, impossible to check out without a long wait, and impossible to get things brought down from ten foot high upper shelves. There was a conversation about the invisibility of staff and the impossibility of obtaining help in the checkout line. Two other customers actually left without purchasing, they were that ticked off. This company has for sure lost their way. They don't know why they are in business any more.

CTH8R

I love it when Crappy runs these "Write a Positive Review and Maybe Win Crap" contests.

I'm always so proud when my fellow Canadians forego their chance to win, in order to post the truth about how Crappy this place is!

Helmut A.: Wow just typical of canadian tire not addressing issues, they deleted my comment about not getting my mastercraft sockets and wrench replaced and the attitude i got from the kid who worked there... Wonder if it was the last line i said that ill never buy mastercrap ever again.. ( they will probably delete this one too) but oh well, they have enough people who still shop there so who cares about 1 customer..... Not canadian tire!

And, gee, maybe if the paid-the-hour dweeb who posts as Crappy Tire (and also as Hotel 8, I'm told), says "email us", then Canadians will be tricked into thinking Crappy gives a crap?

Helmut A.: Sorry, already tried that, sent 'customer service' an email, a very long and detailed email about that after it happened, and no reply at all.. I went out and bought a set from a reputable company and never once was treated like that when i had to replace any of the tools..

CTH8R

Great contest, LOL!

Monica D.: Went to Canadian tire in St Albert today looking for a electric heater. The first associate said he didn't know where they were located and looked it up on the computer... Sent me to the wrong isle. Then 2 more associates sent me across the store where again I did not locate the item. 2 young associates were in the seasonal area and I asked them.. They just said we don't know what isle. I thanked them for their honesty. Then left the store and purchased the heater at your competitor. Sorry I don't have the opportunity to submit a review. Hopefully service will improve to avoid more sales walking out the door.

Monica D.: Thank you for your reply. Now that I have made my purchase elsewhere there is no need to pursue. I just know my buying decisions will definitely be influenced for future purchases.

CTH8R

Kim D.: I too, have had poor customer service in Windsor Ontario. This company needs better training and to make sure staff is knowledgable in their department and if they're not sure.., GO FIND out for the customer. The store staff is extremely LAZY!!!

CTH8R

I think Steve is catching on to how the "reviews" actually work ...

Steve H.: Does it have to be a good review? Because everything I've bought at CT is absolute garbage. Seriously, the dollar store item are probably more dependable

CTH8R

Ahh .... "Repair Only", I see:

Susan M.: I just bought a $300 dehumidifier at can. Tire and it doesn't work so I tried to return it. They were very rude and refused to exchange it. They told me to drive to some repair shop and get it fixed. I don't have money to waste repairing a new machine... I don't have a car to drive it there either. This has really upset me and I need someone to do something about this.

Lisa M.: Welcome to the lying crooks of Canadian Tire!!

CT wrote, "Safety is #1".

Susan M.: Thank god Safety is, 'cause it sure isn't customer service... or decency....

CTH8R

Natalie B.: I had to buy skates for the family in January (4 pairs). Very limited selection as the season was already underway. Tried to ask for help and they would go find one pair then leave. Then try to get them sharpened, the employees tried to convince me that we really didn't need to. Maybe it was just a bad day.

CTH8R

Yet another new way to suck:

James M.: Is it funny how Canadian tire can't pay the remainder of your account back to you !!!! So I will call them every single day until they have repayed me

CTH8R

Any guesses, on what happens when people enter the "Review To Win" contest, with a negative review? The same thing they do will other negative feedback - hit "Delete"!

Lloyd M.: Constructive criticism apparently is frowned upon jeez i said i liked the gum

CTH8R

Here's another guy who ain't gonna win no Grand Prize for his honest review:

Ernie W.: I bought a supposed top of the line Napoleon BBQ.Burners rusted out in 2 years.Lesson learned!

CTH8R

At least is wasn't Repair Only ...

Ken J.: yes ,we will have to rename them Canadian rip-off tire . I buy a product with good cash . product is defective so i get a REFUND CARD , that is only good for one yr. ,which THEY don't bother to tell , but is written in small print on back . so I use cash which is good for-ever and they give me apiece of plastic and then dictate when I have to use it. another way big business is ripping us off

CTH8R

No prizes for this guy either, I expect, in the Crappy Contest:

Ervine BI go to Canadian tire all the time to get my truck worked on and thay all ways end up doing moor then there suppose to and there all season tires suck

CTH8R

How long is this guy gonna keep givin Crappy more chances to stop bein jerks?

Dougal M.: Hi Canadian Tire: i have still not heard back from your customer service dept concerning a complaint that you have to buy the gravity chair before you can sit in it at your North Vancouver store. Not bad for three week with no reply. Does anybody in upper management with this company read these comments.

CTH8R

Errida A.: Hi Canadian Tire I am writting on your wall to make a complaint about the unpleasant experience I get from your canadian tire located inside cedarbrae mall scarborough ontario, every and each time I go to.
The latest was when I went to the supposed liquidation corner,a dusty messy place, where many products are not even price tagged. So there was a coleman bbq marked as demo , it did not look new anyway. As there was no clerk on that area. I went tio the nearest cashier and asked her to page an attendant. She referred me to a trainee. A nice guy very polite . I asked him to use his scanner to get the price for this untagged item, so he did the price he announced was 275$ , which is kind of impossible for a demo item displayed in a liquidation corner and probably outprice a very nice brand new in a box bbq. So we decided to call a manager to un puzzle this mystery. They have been paging the manager for 7-8 times before an unfriendly arrogant old guy came in he just kept talking to him employee, not bothering himself to ask me anything. I intervened asking him what was the real price for this discontinued bbq . He replied with a smirky smile it was the regular price and that was it. So i waisted my valuable time waiting for an emotionless machine. I decided then to leave when I heard a voice saying : so what, do you want me to put it aside for you or you take now? I said at this price given the status of it no by all mean but no!!! And then they started to laugh which is just insulting to your customers.

CTH8R

Hilarious!

Christopher G.: Here's a game that everyone can play. Find a post on this Facebook page by Canadian Tire with more than 5 comments where none of them are complaints, and you win.

CTH8R

Amber B.C.: Dear Canadian Tire,
My one week old Gazebo, that my husband spent 2 nights putting together, collapsed today. Metal objects sticking out everywhere. You were quite the talk of the neighbourhood, selling expensive gazebos that cannot handle a canopy's weight and a little wind. Thankfully this didn't happen on the weekend during my daughter's party. I would post before and after pictures but this site won't let me.