CTH8R

Donna P.M.: You are so right Patricia C. and Jyoti G., never take your car there or even buy anything in store, it's cheaper and better quality anywhere else. Reno-Depot or home-depot or even Walmart. My husband bought me anow under the counter radio cd player there and it only lasted 4 months!!

CTH8R

How to respond to CT's poor service?

Terence M.: How about bitter posts that warn people not to take their cars to Canadian Tire so they don't waste their money on further repairing damages caused by the very people we were supposed to trust to repair them in the first place?

CTH8R

Cathy M.W.: I too am not having a good experience with customer service, if they have one at all. An incident occurred in a store, forcing me to walk out and spend my money elsewhere. I sent an email explaining my experience and after 4 days of no acknowledgement, I called customer service and was assured the details of my horrible experience would be forwarded to the store and I could expect a call or email. Still nothing. Another email sent. Not holding my breath but I will now not let this go.

CTH8R

New ways to suck:

Christopher M.:

Hello I'd like to make a complaint about service I received in your Canadian Tire Store in Belleville.

We were approached by people at the door and handed a slip to fill out thru the computers located in the store.

When the computer stopped asking for information one of the staff responsible for the machine read the feedback and signed me up for a cash advantage mastercard. The promotion presented was I would be getting a $6 Bonus Cash Back Reward. I then accepted the card.

Going up to the cash the individual told me I had to make a purchase in order to receive my cash back reward. I had my two kids with me so they each got a package of gum.

I paid for the item with the card and thought nothing of it till I get the statement today

The statement says I owe $9.23

$3.59 was for the gum I purchased on July 6th and 5.64 is for Identity Watch charged on July 15 which I didn't sign up for?

Upon calling your customer service department they advise me that I have to activate the card and make a purchase within 45 days to receive my cash back.

If that was the case why did the individual make me purchase gum?

The literature even states: "Just use your Cash Advantage Mastercard account number for virtually and purchase TODAY in this store. You'll receive $6 cash back rewards on your account.

OR wait for your new card to arrive. Then use it to make a purchase for virtually anything in any Canadian Tire store within 45 days from receipt of your card to get your $6 bonus cash back rewards."

I was fine just walking out with nothing and doing option 2 but the individual made it sound like I had to make a purchase that day in order to get the rebate.

I have cancelled the card and am now stuck with a $3.59 charge.

I hope this get's communicated to your higher ups that your people pushing the credit cards should know what they are doing before they milk honest people like me out of $3.59

Thank You

CTH8R

Ok, how many ways can one store suck??

Charlene C.: Your order on line sucks we placed an order last night with an estimated pick up time noon to be told you don't have staff on saturday to pick the order NEWS FLASH don't offer a service you cant deliver. We live an hour away so not to impressed. But so typical.

CTH8R

And, of course, old ways to suck:

Juliana C.: Honestly the worst customer service I can ever get in my living years. Been to multiple Canadian tire about the 20th time and yet all I have is terrible impression. Called multiple stores and no one ever picks up, shows item in stock online but blame it on their shipping orders which was done incorrectly. Than laters give u many numbers to call yourself and doesn't even offer to call for you! After all the waiting and trouble they dont apologize and give you attitudes, like seriously? Don't expect my business from you guys ever.

CTH8R

"Summer Store"?

Ian A.: 20 minutes of my summer is gone on hold waiting for automotive in Corner Brook to answer the phone.

CTH8R

Wow. All cap's. This guy is TICKED!

Les C.: I'm very disappointed with your policy. My kids got me a table saw for xmas last year and they kept the receipt and now can't find it. The table broke and you can't get ANY parts for it. I told them it was a mastercraft , thier brand no one else. All I want is an exchange not a refund.THEY SAID NO. NOT A HAPPY MAN. I THINK IT SUCKS. I HAVE EMAILED THEM TWICE WITH NO RESPONSE, TTALKED TO THE STORE WITH NO SATISFACTION, EVEN CALLED THIER COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT , AGAIN NO SATISFACTION. I NOT GONNA LET THIS GO UNTIL I HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL MY OPTIONS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GO FROM HERE?

CTH8R

"Worst summer ever" store?

Russ K.: this weekend would be a lot better if we were camping, but Canadian Tire can't seem to get my trailer hitch to our local store. so frustrated with them

CTH8R

Stephen L.: Speaking of Canadian Tire Gas Stations... I bought a new pre-assembled lawnmower from my local Canadian Tire Store. When I arrived home and filled it with Gasoline it leaked everywhere all over my garage and driveway. It turns out that Canadian Tire assembled it wrong and now my house smells like a Gas Station.

Sangria5

I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed by CT 8her, but another stellar quarter and ever expanding growth by CT. Where are all those customers coming from? You just can't argue the facts. That's all for now.....no soup for you.

CTH8R

Simon C.: Awful customer relations by the general manager at the Bentall Street Vancouver location. I was redoing the paint in my apartment and bought a few cans of paint from there. They made a mistake and mixed the wrong colour and we ended up having to redo an extra coat with the right colour. Since I had hired someone to do the paint, it cost me an extra $150 for the work. When I brought the paint back, the general manager didn't even own up to their mistake and said we should have opened up all the cans of paint first before starting. So he's basically saying it's our fault? I had assumed they knew what they were doing. He said he's the top guy at the store and there's no one above him there so his decision is he will not reimburse me for the extra cost. No store credit or anything. I'm still pissed off on how I was treated. I've been a customer of Canadian Tire for a long time and this was absolutely unacceptable.

CTH8R

Liz A.: Don't try to return something that doesn't work. Exchange or store credit only. Didn't need the exchange as I had to replace the product while on the road so I got a store credit. Forced to spend there wether I like it or not.

CTH8R

Kristen M.: Left 2 comments for you now through customer service
Section of webpage with no reply. Regarding a roof rack for a long trip with a family of 6. Customer service in store not helpful either.

CTH8R

Kayla L.: Speaking of pro shop, we purchase a tap and die set from Canadian tire and the trays are all falling apart. Due to this it's hard to keep the taps and dies organized and also prevent them from rubbing against each other. I've sent 3 emails over the past 2 months to Canadian Tire about this and have received no response. Very disappointing and frustrating.

CTH8R

Ruth S.: Finnie I'm having an awful experience too! I did write a letter but no one returned a call! I got a rain check on a kayak 100 and I was going to pick it up the last Thursday in July but couldn't make it. I have to drive to Invermere, BC an 1 1/2 hour drive and then 1 1/2 hour drive back. I called to say I'd pick it up on Saturday and the person said no problem and not to forget to bring my rain check. When we did, they didn't have any boats left that Saturday! They said they called us but when we got home there were no messages. Then they said we could pick up the kayak this Tuesday, August 5. My husband called before driving there to pick it up for me. The person there said I picked it up! What! I can assure you I did NOT PICK IT UP! I'm now visiting my daughter in another province! I still do not have my kayak! I have not been treated respectfully as a patron of your store. No answer from my message either! I'm truly upset about this runaround!

Ruth S.: Finnie I did write a letter to you via your CanadianTire. Com but you never responded.

CTH8R

Notorious customer-abuser Andrew B. is back at it on CT's FB site:

James N.: Well well Andrew Beaton,,, I have taken a screen shot of your comments and I will be waiting to see what your Professors at Carleton University would have to say as well as Summit Human Services of Simcoe County!!! As a matter of fact you being a foster parent I will be also sending a copy off to Child Welfare Services for their review... We will see who gets to shut up then,,,, Not to mention You operate or seemingly attempt to a business Horizon Family Homes and Human Services... How is that working out for you anyway????

CTH8R

Naseer C.: Worse exp while returning a defective fishing Rod at Kenaston Location. Not only they ruined our weekend as we could not fish but they accused me of stealing 3 packs of artificial minnows. I guess they made me. I spend 431.34 on tackles and Rod, but stole $20.00 worth of minnows. Its my fault as I underestimated their detective skills at the return counter. Also I thought they will say things politlly but the manager was loud enough so that everyone behind me knows that I am a crook.

CTH8R

Gayle C.: not only did I buy a pooll from Canadian tire I bought it after season thinking I got a good deal on deferred payment had last summer (3 months) and this july the pump went bust and when I spoke to them it wasn't there problem 600 dollars and not their problem 90 day warranty and their store couldn't suck up the cost. well the pool is from polygroup and never ever buy one and oh yeah Canadian tire can kiss it bcuz I went to walmart and even though they r also 90 day warranty the had a better pool and better pump to go along with it. long story short my friends DO NOT EVER buy a pool from candian tire there is always a walmart right down the sreet