CTH8R

In case you thought was being transparent:

Al H.: I like how you deleted my comment without helping ... nice try

CTH8R

Don't mess with The Stagers:

Karen B.: Thompson Because you do not allow new subject posts, I am posting this here... Many Home Stagers would like to advise you that your new commercial depicts staging incorrectly. It makes staging sound like we hide home defects and goes against everything we've been educating our clients for. Thank you. Karen Thompson, Owner/Operator - Stage Appeal, Orangeville, Ontario. #CanadianTireStagingFail Please review one of the many letters that are being sent to you: Capital Home Staging & Design. - Media

Bobbie M.: Interesting. I did a bit of research on your company and you appear to be top notch. The recent commercial you aired, which I saw on YouTube, shows the Home Staging industry as a sort of modern day Snake Oil Sales Force. I can assure you that any reputable Staging company would NEVER stoop to covering up defects in a house. In fact, we can be sued for such actions. If this was an attempt at humor I can assure you that you have missed the mark. Please reconsider airing such negative ads in the future. Your own reputation would suggest you are better than that!

Kristy M-B: Hi Canadian Tire
I have written a letter to you online & personally advising you that the new commercial depicts staging incorrect. I have asked they change the commercial or remove it as it makes staging sound like we hide home defects and goes against everything we've been educating our clients for. #CanadianTireStagingFail here is my letter please read and I look forward to hearing from you: Capital Home Staging & Design. - Media

Sonya M.: Hello Canadian Tire,
Like many Canadians I appreciate your continued support of youth sports programs. I have to however, take issue with your current television commercial featuring your small appliances. In the ad a couple is viewing the kitchen of a property that presumably is for sale. It is very nice and they are impressed, until your company spokesman tells them to "Hold on! I have seen this, it's a classic staging trick." The ad continues with the spokesman directing them to look at the small appliances instead, then of course water pours from the light fixture when the water tap is turned. Implying that the "staging trick" was used to mask or hide this horrible deficiency. I admit that the ad is amusing, however, the implication that staging is used to "trick" buyers or hide dangerous flaws is not amusing at all. I am a hard working entrepreneur who owns and operates a real estate styling (staging) business. I can assure you that my professional code of ethics as well as my business practices do NOT support hiding/masking/covering visible or known deficiencies or flaws or otherwise "tricking" consumers EVER. Our job is to visually market a property through highlighting positive aspects and minimizing less than ideal aspects (small room, poor floor plan, or misplaced fireplaces to name a few).
I have a well developed sense of humour and I can generally see the humour in most situations but I cannot see the humour in maligning and accusing an entire profession of misconduct in order to have an amusing advertisement. Perhaps you don't adequately understand what stagers do, many in the past haven't. Which is why we as a profession have spent the last 10 years+ educating the public. If you would like further information about staging, I would be happy to assist with any questions or direct you to two great resources: CSP International Business Training Academy and Resor med charter och reguljärflyg - Boka din resa hos Ving. Both of these organizations and their members are also anticipating your response to our disappointment.
As a small business owner I try my best to help the economy by buying Canadian and supporting Canadian business. My business type in particular often involves recommending repairs, updates and cosmetic changes for home sellers to complete and Canadian Tire would have been a source I gave my clients. It is very seldom that light fixture updates, wall repairs, cleaning supplies, paint colour changes are not needed for occupied properties. Most clients of mine want a one stop shop. I simply cannot support a business that is actively hurting mine.
Ideally, my wish would be that the commercial in question is edited to not misrepresent staging in such a negative way. Every time it airs more damage is done. As a respected colleague pointed out, I wonder what the response would be if "stager" was instead "home inspector" or "contractor"?
Shame on you Canadian Tire for putting potential profit ahead of valued customers and small businesses.

CTH8R

Kimberley W.: I was hoping to message you privately but since you don't offer that option I will just post this on-line. I saw a Bissell carpet cleaner on sale this week. In the newspaper flyer the cleaner was a green model "Deep Clean Premier Pet Cleaner". Model # 43--6096-4..I went on to the on line flyer. An orange model..called "Bissell Pro Heat 2X Deep Cleaning System". Model # 43-6096-4 same as the green one. Except the orange one has much better reviews and somebody actually mentioned that CT would try to substitute the green model for the orange one. The orange one has a 5 yr. warranty, green one 3 yr. warranty. Both on sale for $199.00. I contacted Bissell on this and they passed the buck on to you. Feeling duped. Unless I get a satisfactory answer about this, I will be returning this unused machine and will not purchase another one from CT.. I'll just go to the States. Jeez I was always happy with CT until this. Dissapointed.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Jeremy S.: wish Canadian tire treated the customers right and did not rip them off as they did me I Bought a trail camera in march because it was on sale and never opened it until deer season October 31 turned it on and it would not work and I could not find the slip to take it back and the tell me they wont help me ripped me off 200$.

CTH8R

Ronald B.: wish they would spend more money on customer service cause its losey mostly automotive lack of experience

CTH8R

'Staging' a Protest:

Amy P.: Thank you in advance for changing your recent commercial regarding home staging. We, as a professional trade, do not hide negative aspects of real estate, we enhance the positive and communicate the benefit to sellers to take care of the negative before losing control to a buyer. As well as the implied leak, is more of a home inspector issue than home staging. Should anyone on your staff have had a negative experience, it was isolated I am sure, not the norm to our national standards.

CTH8R

Ashley L.W.: Hmm, wondering why you can't write on the page, or even the ability to message the page...

Bought wiper blades last winter, told they were the best for the winters here, and that I couldn't buy better blades.. well, that was a lie . a big waste of money.. Same problem this year.. Never trust Canadian Tire!

Tryst

hi Jeremy , you may want to try another store. Canadian tire has a lengthy return policy. OR Speak with the manager where it was bought, they should be able to retrieve the receipt ...
A while back , while I was shopping at cdn tire, someone in your similar situation brought in an item to the return desk and they gave them a return at a sale price.
Different stores have different customer service , st least this is what I found when I as trying to get them to honour s sale price advertised in one of their catalogues. One store said sorry that was a misprint, another said , c'mon in of course the sale price is in effect.
I know it's crazy, wish all stores had the same service guidelines. Means we as customers have to phone around.

Jeremy S.: wish Canadian tire treated the customers right and did not rip them off as they did me I Bought a trail camera in march because it was on sale and never opened it until deer season October 31 turned it on and it would not work and I could not find the slip to take it back and the tell me they wont help me ripped me off 200$.

CTH8R

Methinks other Crappy Tire stores might be as bad, if not wirse!

Eric S.:I go to Canadian tire with my daughter to get stuff done on her car and a price is given she signs an estimate.Today she picks up her car (1 day late)and the bill is over $200 higher...no phone call or anything to advise. you sexist store, taking advantage of a young woman. I smell an escalation Monday.will be lodging a complaint with better business bureau and the Quebec consumer's protection. 4 winter tires (at $92.00/tire + 4 rims + installation of a car starter (that was bought the week before at your store) over 1300.00...btw the car is new. I wish you would remove the Canadian in your name. you slander the name

CTH8R

Bonny R.O.: if ANYONE is going to canadian tire in kenora,on be careful.their parking lot is VERY VERY slippery .i notified their manager "fred" yesterday after i fell and fred said and i quote folks "we dont use sand in our lot,we use salt ande salt doesnt work at -20c or lower so be thankful u arent hurt.REALLY fred u do know kenora is in northwestern ontario where its -20 from november till may right??shop local my foot

CTH8R

Kim P.D.: I purchased a fireplace back in September and still do not have it! Thanks Canadian tire for your 7-13 day delivery I am sure glad I ordered it before the winter came. So enjoy sitting in the cold. I guess at this rate I will be able to enjoy a warn fire in July!!!

CTH8R

Marcella L.: After reading many of the complaints about CT stores.... PLEASE CANADIAN TIRE" do not and I mean DO NOT send me your form letter message of "We're sorry you were disappointed Marcella"... I have gone through your customer service speech before .

CTH8R

Sean K.S.: Dewalt 18v cordless drill on sale for 99.99/ reg. 199.99. Seems like a great deal right? WRONG!, this drill is regularly priced at $99.99 everywhere else! Home Depot 99.99, Wallmart is $99., Home Hardware's regular price for this drill is $114.89 and if that's not enough, this exact same drill combo'd with an impact and a few other bits and pieces was $199.99 reg price just a few months ago at Canadian Tire! I am noticing a trend developing with this sort of thing at Canadian Tire, taking advantage of consumers in this way is deceitful and it is wrong! as if people are not going to begin to notice products removed from the shelf the night before a sale or doubling the price of something so you can advertise it as 50% off or in this case "save $100.00" , another thing I have noticed is most things that you see on sale are the equivalent of a "one time use can-opener!", I remember a time when Canadian Tire did not carry an entire line of "faux products"

CTH8R

Sean K.S.: my man cave used to have lots Mastercraft or motorMaster stuff, Not no more! all I have left now is the circular saw blade clock on the wall that was bought for me over 15 years ago, I do how ever own a rather large box of CT brand gizmos that dont work! things like a moisture meter, electric palm nail driver tool, electric brad nailer, camera scope, laser temp probe, dial indicated tire pressure gauge, battery maintainer, emergency battery/tire pump/lamp. All these products and many more were over the past few years purchased for me on birthdays, fathers day, xmas, they never actually worked and were never returned, I believe CT depends on this! how many grandmothers, wives, girlfriends, sons and daughters go to CT to purchase a Fathers day gift for Dad? and how many of those dads return the garbage bought for them? If not for the fact I have been receiving $100 CT gift cards for attending and contributing to seminars in Toronto the past year, I would have likely decided to wash my hands of the franchise all together, I will probably start selling the $100 gift cards on Kijiji for $80 cash!

CTH8R

Sean K.S.: what is the difference between Canadian Tire and a dollar store? dollar stores don't sell tires! why would I bother contacting costumer service? they don't care! what would I tell them? that CT used to be "at one time long ago" an awesome store/franchise, and now it just sux? I don't need another CT $100 gift card, but thanks just the same!

CTH8R

Marcella L.: Customer Service ha!They do absolutely nothing!!!! It all comes down to {we're wrong and they are right} I call it scamming !

CTH8R

Marcella L.: I just purchased a Crock-Pot programmable cook and carry slow cooker at Canadian Tire {Selkirk MB} which had a regular price of $99.99 on it. { I had already checked out the price at other stores and knew the price} BUT thought since I was at CT I might get it there. I took it to customer service to have her check the price and was told it was on as an in-store special at $69.99... I informed her that this was the regular price at Home Hardware, Building Centre & Furniture Stores{next to them} Sears {reg.$71.99 on sale for $59.99} with Wall-mart even cheaper. I did buy it for the $69.99 price but I had also seen other small appliances that were suppose to be on sale but were actually other stores reg. price. SOO just a word to all you CT praisers {like I once was } know your prices before shopping there. I am now very disappointed in this store. BUYER BE WARE !!!!!