CTH8R

A little comparing going on:

Joey M.: I work at home depot and every time I shop at canadian tires, I experience the worst customer service then what we offer at home depot

CTH8R

Think about it: 4 seasons, so they have a built-in excuse to refuse returns every 3 months. Diabolical!

Colette S. Also the store that won't let you return your Christmas/ year round NOMA outdoors projector cause they put away there Christmas decoration..
I had bought the NOMA projector and and had paid with all my C/Tire money and thought I had lost my receipt..it doesn't work well and I went to bring it back and they would not refund me or even give me store credit...I finally found my receipt called C/Tire and asked the lady if I could still return it she said yes and once I got to store they said all the Christmas decorations were put away and they refused to give me back my C/Tire credit..so they probably wouldn't take back your broken shovel..spring stuff is out.
Bad customer service..very disappoint customer

CTH8R

Lynda-Mae: Don't shop at this store they treated my daughter like garbage cause she had a flat tire in the parking lot they wouldn't even come out and help her ...she had to get my son in law to leave work and help her put on her spare ...so we are going to Good Year for a new tire ... Customer service ?

CTH8R

Liam W.: I bought the most expensive "top of the line" Ninja Blenders at the Spruce Grove location and when I tried to return it two days later because the thing blew up and poured smoked from rear after 3 smoothies and a half a batch of soup, and was told that Canadian Tire won't do a refund on a used kitchen appliance.
Sooooo. ..I have to know that it's broken before I use it?? That makes no sense..
I didn't want to exchange, because the product is obviously not built for what I intended to use it, and there isn't another comparable product. Now I only shop at Costco and Home Depot.

CTH8R

Biggest under-statement so far this year:

Tracey T.: Well just some advice maybe Canadian Tire needs to work more on their customer service agenda !

CTH8R

Like this, for instance:

Henry K.: I went to purchase a washer for a 22 cent bolt my wife purchased at CTC on Saturday. As I was checking out, the first thing I did was disclose to the cashier that my wife purchased the single loose bolt that was in my hand a day earlier. So she asks for a purchase receipt that I didn't have at the time as I didn't think a SINGLE LOOSE BOLT would be an issue. She straight up says "I can't let you leave with that!" Wow. What a humiliating experience! Out of principle I ended up driving home to get the receipt to prove I am not a thief! What a waste of time and horrendous experience!

Henry K.: The ridiculous part of the experience is that at the time, I decided to purchase a bolt and washer set (in matte black) that cost 18 times more than the 22 cent bolt. Exact same size. Common sense was completely lost in this situation. I'm most irked that I felt I had to drive all the way home to produce a receipt to prove I wasn't trying to walk out the door with a 22 cent item.

CTH8R

Jeez, shouldn't management be on top of things, instead of relying on the public to monitor the staff??

Frank F.: Hello I went to your Torbay store several times and had a horrible experience. 1st time no checkouts open only self serve checkouts, lines blocked and some lady directing people stating that this is good because she don t have to work on the checkouts. ( we left without our would be purchases). 2nd time only 1 checkout open no self serve open large lineup slow service. 3rd time went over to buy a baby gate, monitor system, and a space heater, 1 checkout open no self serve someone in line trying to get a price on some chairs line backing up then another checkout opens up and that same lady says i can take someone over here the people at the last of the line gets served before the people that were next to be checked out got served. A lot of complaining that day. our would be purchases were left on the floor. asked someone there to help get something off the top shelf. told him there were none on the bottom shelf (baby gate) he spent 10 min serching thru the bottom shelf (i had already searched) then went and got a ladder to get it down. I mentioned this at my work place and their comments were it is always like that there. They would rather go to Kelsey drive store than go just up the street to Torbay rd store. I don t usually complain (Just don t go back anymore) but I figure with the competition everywere maybe this might get to the ears of the manager (If I had a business I would like to know). I spent over 800.00 dollars that week in wallmart and kents because of the attitude of the employees there. I hope you will take this complaint in the nature that it was intended. To improve your customer service and strengthen you business. thanks Frank Furlong

CTH8R

Hmm, wait till they try the other Crappy stores, and find out they are all the same ...

Thumper M.: worst service and bunch of liars EVER in your Kirkland,Quebec store...NEVER NEVER EVER again

CTH8R

Andrew H.: Nobody will experience poorer customer service than they do at Canadian Tire, all my friends attest to this fact.

CTH8R

MJ W.: You people need to reinforce customer service with your stores. My husband and I were left with a bad taste in our mouths after an encounter with a CSR while returning an item at the Queenston Rd. Store in Hamilton yesterday.

CTH8R

What happens when Crappy comes face-to-face with Ethics:

Sardar S.: Hello (life worst & funny experience)
today (3/09/15) i was in your store #175 buying some sleeping bags and other products after picking my stuff i went to cashier and ask for price match she send me to customer service call the manager
I was trying to match the price with Store #346 manager paul was on duty he said its out of radius cant match. and we are talking about only $2.00 in difference I said OK you should match it because same Canadian tire store.
i was waiting at customer service to pay while I read big sign of your match policy match and beat by 10% i call customer service they said yes he should match and beat the price because the radius is 250 km he talk to paul they hang up the phone after paul said I only match no beat I said no need to match I pay the full price when I told him about 250 km he said I am not aware of that and at this time the customer service dept is closed he try to call them again as a manager he can't take a decision I did the payment and walk out for the store I put stuff in my car.
FUNNY PART
now it's 9 pm and store is closed I came back knock the front door call for paul. Paul came i told paul its not about money it's your policy you are selling the sleeping bag for 41.93 and the other store is for 39.99 now can you check your receipt and tell me what is wrong with it he look at the receipt and ask me what I bought 5 sleeping bags and they charge me for only 1 bag i came back to pay you for 4 sleeping bags after you give me a really hard time .his reply thanks call the cashier and asked how many bags he bought he said 5 and you charge him for only 1 this guy come back to pay us $200 dollars
if it's any other big store rona or home depot first thing they will do sir thank you for your honesty here is the $100 gift certificate or I will match and beat the price for you but at Canadian tire store its different
paul void the transaction charge me again for right amount and said thank you i asked him at least give me the price match and beat he said no i don't have the power to do all stores have separate owners i cant even give $1 discount at first i pay 125.65 for my transaction came back and now I paid 315.17
If the Closing Store Managers can't take the decisions in the store than you should have the policy that the owner stay in the store all the time or someone who can take the decisions who have the authority.
I don't think I would like to go back to the store like Canadian tire again where they can't oner their own stores prices and have no customer service at all

CTH8R

Wow!

Gaetan L.: My credit cart statement always show cash interest on withdrawal and I don't withdraw cash strange anyone got same problem?

CTH8R

Yet another gas bar rip off:

Basil R.: Well now......talk about a "family store" rip off!!! Went to the local Canadian Tire Gas Bar and Convenience Store this morning and only had US dollars on me.....wanted to get change for the car wash. I was told the exchange rate was not very good, nor did I expect it to be. I gave the cashier US10$ and she gave me back 9$ Cdn!!! An exchange rate of -10 cents on the dollar!!! It cost me 12.35 to buy that at the bank. She said it was store policy. Go figure!!

CTH8R

Wayne P.: So theres no real good place to post my "adventures" with Canadian tire today so this will have to do. I bought a Mastercraft utility knife today, this one to be exact----> Page Not Found... It was on sale in the Hamilton, Ontario area for $4.99 from $9.99. Online flyer and the in-store price confirmed it was on sale for $4.99. I go ahead and buy it along with some other items and its not till i get home i realize my bill for the knife was $7.49. I doubled checked online then i see the product# was wrong. Online the knife is listed as # 57-5084-6. On the package of the knife, the # is 57-5253-4...I happen to see a very similar knife on sale for $7.49 from $14.99 with the product # 57-5253-4. ---> Page Not Found... So basically I paid an extra $2.50 for nothing. Not that $2.50 is alot of money, its the fact that everyone who bought the knife was ripped off. Unfortunately i can't post a photo of my knife in the package with the wrong product # or i would. Needless to say i will be going back tomorrow, getting my money refunded and getting my knife for free since Canadian tire made who knows how many thousands of dollars on this error. Not very happy right now. Go check yourself if you dont believe me

Mastercraft Folding Utility Knife | Canadian Tire
Lightweight aluminium construction | Canadian Tire
CANADIANTIRE.CA

CTH8R

So true. Back before I boycotted them, saw that Crappy Tire is basically Zellers, but with a few more auto parts:

Bill C.: Canadian Tire ????? Ya more like Canadian regular store like Walmart or Target or Zellers. Parts counter service bites, don't even carry trailer brakes for frig sakes. But..... they have a great selection of coffee and dinner plates !!!!! Auto section just keeps shrinking. Just a rant.