CTH8R

Is there an echo in here?

"Never again ... again ... again ... ever again .... again ... never ... never ... "

#351:

Chelsi M.: I feel so betrayed by Canadian tire and what they have done to my car! I Have never felt so duped before in my life. I will never shop at Canadian tire again and I will make sure to tell my friends and family about my terrible experience with Canadian tire.

CTH8R

"Never ... never .... never ..."

#352:

Mandy A.: I purchased the Cuisinart kitchen cabinet that was advertised in the Black Friday flyer. I get it home, the main board was split in half. I took it back but had to go to a different location because they were out of stock. I exchanged it, checked the product code, same as flyer. Get home, there are no glass doors with it!! I asked at both locations if it had the doors, they said yes. What I got was NOT the same as advertised!! I'm not at all happy and want the one with the doors!!! False advertising!!! Now I have to load this 275lbs thing in my van again!! I'm so upset and will NEVER shop there again!

CTH8R

Long story.

Bottom line?

Boycott #353:

Linda C.: We are too extremely disappointed and offended by the conduct of a manager at our local Canadian Tire store. A picture of a chainsaw is perfect for what happened to my husband. He went into our North Shore store in Kamloops, BC and the manager, Alex McKinnon came up to him and asked, "How is the chainsaw you stole from us?" My husband, a hard working honest and (formerly) loyal customer was flabbergasted. This was said in front of many other customers! He was humiliated by this store manager. He did, after a few days of being continually bothered by this, go back into the store and talked to a lady at customer service. She told my husband, yes you do look like a man that was the thief but I know it was not you!!!! Still not an apology, our names our on their computers, as we shop (shopped) there a lot over many many years.... shame on the store manager Alex Mckinnon for such unprofessional behavior. I truly had not seen my husband that upset in years and we will never ever shop there again.

Linda C.: Yes. In fact, I will have my husband email you himself tomorrow. He has been very upset and it may be good for him to voice what he has been going through. As I said, I have not seen him this upset in many years, it was truly a humiliating experience.

Linda C.: Thank you for contacting our office regarding your shopping experience at one of our Canadian Tire stores.

We are sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with Canadian Tire. Your feedback has been logged and we have taken the liberty of forwarding your feedback to the store for their review. Providing your feedback about your personal experience directly to the store will help them understand where they can make improvements.

We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to respond.

Corporate Customer Relations
Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
1-800-387-8803

Linda C.:Seriously? This is your response to such horrible behavior? You should at least make it right, Ray was in the middle of paying for winter tires he bought from CT and was having them put on by CT. He was devastated, had to go to the counter and pay in front of all the customers and employees who witnessed this. I think that your response goes to prove that your handling of this matter is unfair to your customers and that we as individuals mean nothing. Turning a blind eye was not the response we expected. You as Canadian Tire should be doing something about this, not just forwarding information, I am sure they can already figure out that their behavior was disgusting, unprofessional, rude, and plain wrong. We are not satisfied with this lame response.

Linda C.:Wishing you better luck than we are getting Jacques! I made two posts to two people who recently posted their CT problems here on this wall. I was stating they are not alone, that we were disappointed as well... my remarks were removed within the hour!!

CTH8R

#354:

Maneta T.A.: I was just at Canadian Tire trying to purchase a toy for my son and the manager would not price match the item with another competitor! I will not be shopping at Canadian Tire anymore!

CTistehB&S

Never again. I just KNEW that what I wanted wouldn't be in stock (John Deere Mega Bloks collector's edition for $29.99 ($20 off)), even though the local flyer was for Dec. 6 for Dec 24th, but I still went anyway, thinking i was going out anyway to get a lotto max ticket for tonight's 50m draw. Of course, going into CT was a big waste of time, as I had expected. You'd think a store would have a product in stock when it's supposed to be on sale for two and a half weeks, but no. Ultimate weak. Just have to accept, 'No, just no' is the mantra when I think of ever going back to CT again.

CTH8R

Looks like we have #355:

Never again. I just KNEW that what I wanted wouldn't be in stock (John Deere Mega Bloks collector's edition for $29.99 ($20 off)), even though the local flyer was for Dec. 6 for Dec 24th, but I still went anyway, thinking i was going out anyway to get a lotto max ticket for tonight's 50m draw. Of course, going into CT was a big waste of time, as I had expected. You'd think a store would have a product in stock when it's supposed to be on sale for two and a half weeks, but no. Ultimate weak. Just have to accept, 'No, just no' is the mantra when I think of ever going back to CT again.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Speaking of 'not alone':

#356:

Shawn C.: My older parent's took their 2003 Alero to Canadian Tire Kanata to address a noise in the wheel. After replacing the struts and bearings, and some other things ($1300) the issue was still present. My parent's returned the car a few weeks later and the service centre told them front caliper was sticking and pads and rotors needed to be replaced. AN ADDITIONAL $650.00. The tech also said if car sat for a couple of weeks while on vacation, brake issues could start. (Ya right) Now, the rotors and pads had only been replaced the prior year so I was very suspicious. Fearful of brake failure, my parent's got a 2nd opinion at Kanata Myers (A reputable dealer). Myers wrote on the invoice "Brakes are ok at this time. 5-6MM Front, 6-7MM Rear". The brake inspection at Myers cost my parent's $73 and I called Randy (Service Mgr) at Canadian Tire and asked as a gesture of good will if he could give my parent's a store credit for the amount. I told him my parent's were not interested in receiving any credit from the service centre and he merely offered a free oil change. I feel my parent's should have been compensated for the brake inspection and that didn't even include their time. I am very disappointed in the outcome. We have lost all faith in the CT service centre. It does not seem right to tell a customer that they have bad brake issues and scare them into paying $650 when it appears there is no issue and subsequently not offer any compensation to the customer. We will not shop at Canadian Tire again.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#357:

Troy R.S.: lI got you eflyer today and went into your store with a list of 6 things that I needed, roughly $150.00 worth of items. Not only did you not have any of it in stock they customer service was terrible. I will not return as this has not been the first time you have not followed up with you advertisements. You've wasted my time and gas one too many times.

CTH8R

As Christmas approaches, I anticipate more people will become fed up with CT, as these people have done.

And wait until the post-Christmas exchange period, when people find out that so of there products have been deemed "non-returnable".

Not to mention, all the defective Christmas gifts that will need to be sent out for repair, because CT will refuse to stand behind them.

Merry Christmas, Canada - wake up and realize they are "Canada's Rip-Off Store"!

CTH8R

#358:

Kathy C.: I am so tired of this Battery and it is new with warranty and keeps going dead. so I went to Canadian Tire in Bridgewater (CookVille ) and they say there is nothing wrong with the battery. The service manager kicked us out of the store because we wanted them to Honor the warranty. so we called customer service in regards to this and after they contacted the owner and the owner asked us to take our van into be tested the service department still says that it isn't the battery However offered us a new battery minus the warranty, I paid for a warranty when i bought the CERTIFIED Battery. my van has a new alternator and alternator belt and all lights are set to stay off when doors are opened so my Question is if its not the battery why are they offering me a new battery minus warranty and what would make them think I would give up the warranty that is on the battery anyway....So done with Canadian Tire So much for you slogan we stand behind what we sell

CTH8R

#359:

Tyler D.V.N: every time I go to Canadian tire, I get followed around by employed like I am going to steal something. LOL after looking for flare nuts they come up "here's the guy ! he's supposedly looking for flare nuts, that are right in front of him" she slaps them in my hand and says "anything else?", like I was stupid . . . then I nicely asked "I need non inverted, there are inverted will not work" then I get a nice reply "ohh well we only got those" . . it took 4 employed to follow me, and be ignorant like that. Same treatment the next week I go in . . . last time iv shopped there was 4months ago, don't plan on going back

CTH8R

#360:

Cosmo M.: Just a follow up on the response I received form Canadian Tire's supposed customer service dept. All I got back was a template form letter with it addressed to me. There was no open formal discussion or even an willingness to try to understand my position. It was not even signed by any particular individual. Oh in my letter to them I did not ask for info on their return policy I wanted to speak to upper management to file a formal complaint. STAY CLEAR OF CANADIAN TIRE!!! See below for their response........

Thank you for contacting our office regarding our Return Policy.

To return an item for exchange or refund, bring it to any Canadian Tire
store within 90 days, in its original condition and packaging, with your receipt
and issue of Canadian Tire “Money”.

Original condition generally means that the product is:

- Clean
- Complete
- Not defective
- Not used
- Not installed
- Not modified (e.g. rope cut to length, paint that has been mixed)

Returns without the original receipt or packaging will be accepted at Canadian Tire’s discretion. If a product is defective, the manufacturer’s warranty will apply. Credit to the original method of payment or a store credit will be provided as required. Some exceptions may apply. Your name, residence address and phone number will be required. This information is collected, used and retained to help prevent fraud, and may only be disclosed within Canadian Tire. Valid photo ID may be required to confirm this information.

Exceptions include:
• Items limited to return within 30 days: all electronics
• Items which may only be returned if they are unopened: ink cartridges, media, and memory cards

Gift Cards purchases are final:
Gift Cards are not returnable and non-refundable.

We apologize we are unable to honour your request.

We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to respond.

Corporate Customer Relations
Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
1-800-387-8803

CTH8R

#361:

Juanita J.: Worst store any respectable person that considers themself a true Canadian should not shop at a store that disegrates the Canadian name the customer service is the worst they never have stock just to name a few things so please I implore you the next time you're there just take the time to notice and if you're like me u will never give another cent to such a dispensable business and if enough people do maybe they'll shut their doors ...I don't think we need them

CTH8R

#263 & #264 - our first clear 'two-fer'!:

Troy R.: Stewart I have a friend who stopped shopping there 20 yrs ago, he calls it the Canadian Tire Liar flyer. I'm guessing its an issue they care to do anything about. The post above recommends I send an email to the mentioned email above and they did even bother to reply. Not someone I choose to do business with.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#365:

Fernanda Z.M.: Don't even bother and don't waste your time writing an email to customer service. I was victim of racism in one of the Canadian Tire stores in Quebec city (an employee checked my handbag twice in a 5 minute period) while several white customers left the store without being checked with their bags, and I complained just to waste my time. I called, then emailed, then wrote here, and finally after more than a month later, I received an email from the store manager telling me it was routine, and to avoid having my purse searched I should have left it in the front desk. Yes! He really tried to underestimate my intelligence that much! Like it is routine for people to go shopping and leave their personal bags with their wallets, IDs, and credit cards in the front desk! Besides, if they were really THAT crazy and required all customers to leave their bags with them to not being checked, I wonder why I was the ONLY ONE going out the door and being stopped. I suggest you to just go to a different store and don't even bother to complain to them. I will shop in other places and I'll encourage all my family and friends to do the same.

Last edited:

CTH8R

#263 & #264 - our first clear 'two-fer'!:

Troy R.: Stewart I have a friend who stopped shopping there 20 yrs ago, he calls it the Canadian Tire Liar flyer. I'm guessing its an issue they care to do anything about. The post above recommends I send an email to the mentioned email above and they did even bother to reply. Not someone I choose to do business with.

Oops! That shudda been "#363 & #364".

But no worries - at the rate they tick off customers, it wouldn't take long for us to hear from another hundred!